20210912_112132 (resized).jpg
20210912_131833 (resized).jpg
F24C0366-43CB-4DDD-B8F3-87879EE5A480 (resized).jpeg
EA32CADA-FF90-4ABC-9394-C38A406CD8B3 (resized).jpeg
F4FC675C-34E2-471A-BA6D-3773EDD51AC2 (resized).jpeg
C4C90C63-F428-40FC-807A-E61E184C24BD (resized).jpeg
0E55B963-1A48-42A9-A89A-8254E3524476.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 68.
#1951 11 months ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I have had bribes coming in all day to swap numbers and re-route said #12 to other members of this fine website... I am happy to announce i have taken one very generous bribe of a foot long hotdog, a set of VHS This Old Pinball Tapes, and 1 hour access to the dark web, along with some very revealing photos of Betty White that have never seen the light of day. Sorry Richie...

IT IS ONE THE WAY FROM CHICAGO AND WILL BE HERE FRIDAY -- THIS FRIDAY!!!!

Tomorrow -- 01/29/2021.....LOL

#1952 11 months ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Couldn't happen to a nicer RichieWrench ! Have a great day and lots of fun !

LTG : )

#1953 11 months ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Try powering down your router. It worked for me. Too many devices connected to the router at my house.

Thx. I will give this a try

#1954 11 months ago

Game leaving factory today. Never mind the 30 day boat ride ahead, I’m excited enough it will be here for my 40th at the end of March. And if one of these bad boys wasn’t enough, theres a factory-find hobbit playfield and plastics, plus some GNR merch - to go with the pallet.
2021 is lookin bright already.

#1956 11 months ago

Someone is gonna have a great weekend i think.

#1957 11 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m having the same issues. I tried about 5 times. No luck at all. Anyone? Thoughts?

Don't know how your technical knowhow about routers is but have you tried entering your MAC adress from the dongle in the routers whitelist so it accepts it without need of a password? It takes a bit of knowledge of routers but this might help.

#1958 11 months ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Don't know how your technical knowhow about routers is but have you tried entering your MAC adress from the dongle in the routers whitelist so it accepts it without need of a password? It takes a bit of knowledge of routers but this might help.

Yes I understand IP, VPN, Mac etc.. I’m putting a WiFi booster in that room to see if the signal is the issue.

#1959 11 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Yes I understand IP, VPN, Mac etc.. I’m putting a WiFi booster in that room to see if the signal is the issue.

What does the game show as far as signal strength?

#1960 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What does the game show as far as signal strength?

I will look again tonight. I just routed a booster to that room. I will ck again.

#1961 11 months ago

thank you everyone for your tips on the Wifi. I will work on it tonight. MT, on the link that you sent, it said something about plugging the dongle into the cable to the left of the coin box. I know i didn't do anything with the dongle at all.

I'm a real dongleberry when it comes to this kind of stuff.....

#1962 11 months ago

Shit...that is either a 12 or 17.....

Resized_20210129_111030 (resized).jpeg
#1963 11 months ago

[quoted image]

Do you have your plaque?

#1964 11 months ago

If it's 17, you should get rid of it. It won't fit right with your collection. I would gladly take it off your hands. In fact, that definitely looks like a 7...

#1965 11 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

There is some good apps that may assist with diagnosing WiFi problems.
Good signal will be required for correct operation, downloads, network play etc.
From what I have read, at this stage the GnR WiFi problems appear to be related to the machines internal hardware and/or software.
I am sure the tech team is aware and addressing this.

With many new machines coming on line this link may help.
https://www.comparitech.com/net-admin/wifi-analyzers/

Edit, It may be in manufacturers best interest to install/code a basic network analyzer or some type of indicator to let the owner know WiFi CH and RSSI into the game.

#1966 11 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

There is some good apps that may assist with diagnosing problems.
Good signal will be required for correct operation, downloads, network play etc.
From what I have read, at this stage the GnR WiFi problems appear to be related to the machines internal hardware and/or software.
I am sure the tech team is aware and addressing this.
With many new machines coming on line this link may help.
https://www.comparitech.com/net-admin/wifi-analyzers/
Edit, It may be in manufacturers best interest to install/code a basic network analyzer or some type of indicator to let the owner know WiFi CH and RSSI into the game.

Great info. Thanks a lot.

#1967 11 months ago

[quoted image]

Richie I fixed it for you so now you know your number...

JJP (resized).png
#1968 11 months ago

Absolutely love my CE, but the constant taking the glass off to make switch adjustments or ball stuck's or what ever is getting old.

#1969 11 months ago

So far this has been my best JJP in regards to adjustments, fixing, etc out of box

Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Absolutely love my CE, but the constant taking the glass off to make switch adjustments or ball stuck's or what ever is getting old.

#1970 11 months ago

Got the call to schedule delivery. They offered up Monday and Tuesday. As much as it pained me I had to delay to Wednesday due to the storm that’s hitting the east coast Sunday-Monday. To get my pin into my basement I have to cut across my backyard, and it will be impossible to do that with snow. One day earlier and I would have had GNR to play during the storm. Damnit!

#1971 11 months ago
Quoted from Vitty:

So far this has been my best JJP in regards to adjustments, fixing, etc out of box

Same. I haven't had to tweak much since unboxing day!

I made the washer adjustment to the shooter lane gate, and I'll change the exterior shooter spring when it arrives.

#1972 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Same. I haven't had to tweak much since unboxing day!
I made the washer adjustment to the shooter lane gate, and I'll change the exterior shooter spring when it arrives.

I'm a little confused about the spring issue. Is this an anomaly or is this happening on all games? If so hopefully the factory addresses the concern.

#1973 11 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm a little confused about the spring issue. Is this an anomaly or is this happening on all games? If so hopefully the factory addresses the concern.

If you need the spring we can send it as Derek said.

#1974 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

If you need the spring we can send it as Derek said.

I was just wondering if the stock spring doesn't work or if it needs replacing?

#1975 11 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If you need it, you'll know when you can't clear the gate. I was able to get a -little- improvement by changing to a different shooter tip that had a little bit taller "dome" but all the finesse of the skill shot is still in the last 1/4 inch of shooter travel for me.

I fully expect the spring to fix it. I ordered it from Marco and it was supposed to land yesterday but USPS decided just to skip my street for some reason.

#1976 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If you need it, you'll know when you can't clear the gate. I was able to get a -little- improvement by changing to a different shooter tip that had a little bit taller "dome" but all the finesse of the skill shot is still in the last 1/4 inch of shooter travel for me.
I fully expect the spring to fix it. I ordered it from Marco and it was supposed to land yesterday but USPS decided just to skip my street for some reason.

OK thanks

#1977 11 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

You will need a new spring unless they ordered a bunch and it’s in your hand. It’s so inexpensive just order a .75 inch spring. Done!

#1978 11 months ago

So it seems that my Dizzy keyboard sensor will is too sensitive. I can leave the ball in the shooter lane, not touch anything and I will qualify Dizzy and trigger points.

I run the re-calibration and then it seems to be fine for several games but then starts happening again - but just on that same sensor.

Any thoughts or advice to fixing it for good?

In terms of other adjustments, I might add the washers to the plunger lane as a few others, but everything else been super solid so far.

#1979 11 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You will need a new spring unless they ordered a bunch and it’s in your hand. It’s so inexpensive just order a .75 inch spring. Done!

$1.99 part from Marco with $8 shipping

#1980 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

$1.99 part from Marco with $8 shipping

If you send an email to Marco and request it to be sent 1st Class they typically will accommodate. You're just not allowed to when it doesn't arrive in a timely fashion.

#1981 11 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The issue isn't the cost of the spring. I'm wondering why they haven't fixed it at the factory?

#1982 11 months ago

Bummer. Game was suppose to arrive today. Now, not till mid week next week.

#1983 11 months ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Got the call to schedule delivery. They offered up Monday and Tuesday. As much as it pained me I had to delay to Wednesday due to the storm that’s hitting the east coast Sunday-Monday. To get my pin into my basement I have to cut across my backyard, and it will be impossible to do that with snow. One day earlier and I would have had GNR to play during the storm. Damnit!

Definitely not impossible. I snow blow a path through the snow around my house all winter! You gotta improvise!

#1984 11 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The issue isn't the cost of the spring. I'm wondering why they haven't fixed it at the factory?

They have but games that were boxed prior to the new ones arriving don’t have it. This all happened in the last few days.

#1985 11 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Eric knows it as of last week. He ordered a ton but not sure if it’s going to be on games going out or if they will mail them.

#1986 11 months ago
Quoted from Vitty:

That's great to hear, I have been having issues with adjusting the switch on the sling by the pop bumpers and the ball keeps getting stuck behind the guitar pick(Constantly making pitch adjustments and it does not seem to be helping) Man I love the game though, I just wish it would just break in already haha

#1987 11 months ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

That's great to hear, I have been having issues with adjusting the switch on the sling by the pop bumpers and the ball keeps getting stuck behind the guitar pick(Constantly making pitch adjustments and it does not seem to be helping) Man I love the game though, I just wish it would just break in already haha

I had to adjust that same switch. Do you have a leaf switch adjuster tool? If not order one from Marco.

This excellent video will explain the correct way to adjust it to avoid bending/twisting/ruining the switch.

#1988 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had to adjust that same switch. Do you have a leaf switch adjuster tool? If not order one from Marco.
This excellent video will explain the correct way to adjust it to avoid bending/twisting/ruining the switch.

Yes, I have that little tool to bend it so they are not touching and it worked but after a handful of plays they seem to push back together again and set it off where I have to readjust it.

#1989 11 months ago

Woo hoo! #76 should be here Monday. Super worried about the weather tho!! Ugh.

#1990 11 months ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Yes, I have that little tool to bend it so they are not touching and it worked but after a handful of plays they seem to push back together again and set it off where I have to readjust it.

Adjust it closer to the fiberboard spacers at the bottom between the metal blades.

LTG : )

#1991 11 months ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Yeah, it can take a few tries to tweak it just right.

#1992 11 months ago

Is anyone getting a lot of white noise coming thru the topper in attract mode?

#1993 11 months ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Is anyone getting a lot of white noise coming thru the topper in attract mode?

Yes sir - easy $10 fix

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/36#post-6091457

I used the one you see in my post but ordered this one at the same time - both work great!
amazon.com link »

#1994 11 months ago
Quoted from MT45:

Yes sir - easy $10 fix
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/36#post-6091457
I used the one you see in my post but ordered this one at the same time - both work great!
amazon.com link »

Awesome thank you!

#1995 11 months ago

Helped install my buddies CE today, wow it’s gorgeous. Mine is 2 weeks out . They’ve obviously fixed some issues, his played perfect out of the box, and the mode hole hits the left flipper nicely. An early LE that I played put it SDTM regularly.

#1996 11 months ago

Picked up number 108 today what a beautiful game absolutely stunning.

7FB08120-039D-409C-BBC1-86A1C18B6B1F (resized).jpeg
#1997 11 months ago

#1998 11 months ago

Anyone tweaked the inner loop to get it a bit smoother? I occasionally get a little rattle at the apex.

#1999 11 months ago

HEY.....#12 IS COMING THIS WEEK......JOE SAID SHIPPING TODAY OR THURSDAY.....
NOTICE THE CAPS...VERY EXCITED!!!!!!

Not surprised its game of the year.

#2000 11 months ago

Expected delivery Tuesday !!!

CFF7EE17-F2F7-491B-A192-6D68D18A7533 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 68.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside