20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 68.
#1851 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks for confirming that!

You bet! I'm not sure if JJP planned the L/R reversal OR maybe, just missed it in the install instructions but maybe they weren't aware at all. More likely the latter as they would have purchased these (guessing) as a complete component from a third party supplier.

You would have to look for it. How did YOU find it anyway?

#1852 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

You bet! I'm not sure if JJP planned the L/R reversal OR maybe, just missed it in the install instructions but maybe they weren't aware at all. More likely the latter as they would have purchased these (guessing) as a complete component from a third party supplier.
You would have to look for it. How did YOU find it anyway?

Well, first I noticed I wasn't getting sound from the bar at all that I could discern, which led me to discover the wires in the first place.

From there I guess I was just being OCD and double checking that I had them in there right. They weren't labeled so I questioned it.

#1853 3 years ago

Well we survived! GNR CE#210 is almost ready...time to open her up and give a good inspection. It's a bit surreal to have this thing here after all the rumors and speculation. Fingers crossed though everything is in good shape. That previous video has me paranoid but one last hurdle and we are there! Finished basement is about a week away so this will live, covered in the corner, until things we are 100% done. It's going to be a long week!

GNRCE210 (resized).jpgGNRCE210 (resized).jpg
#1854 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Well we survived! GNR CE#210 is almost ready...time to open her up and give a good inspection. It's a bit surreal to have this thing here after all the rumors and speculation. Fingers crossed though everything is in good shape. That previous video has me paranoid but one last hurdle and we are there! Finished basement is about a week away so this will live, covered in the corner, until things we are 100% done. It's going to be a long week![quoted image]

Congrats! you're gonna LOVE it. It's such a special game! I just played one of my other "favs" after playing GnR non-stop for more than a week
It was ... let's just say, not as much fun as I remember

#1855 3 years ago

Where does this go. Two blue speaker wires from the topper?

3A189B7C-C1B3-4CB3-818E-BE3943873CAB (resized).jpeg3A189B7C-C1B3-4CB3-818E-BE3943873CAB (resized).jpeg
#1856 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image]

Quite a few posts on this. Look at the connector on the lower left side of the backbox.

#1857 3 years ago

Just received my CE and I’m stuck on hooking up the topper. Seems like the board is missing the female green end to fit the the male stereo wire.

34E54DD3-A827-432E-8F4D-527606C78A9C (resized).jpeg34E54DD3-A827-432E-8F4D-527606C78A9C (resized).jpegCA182C9E-25F7-4C3E-A6DF-348D2A1A3107 (resized).jpegCA182C9E-25F7-4C3E-A6DF-348D2A1A3107 (resized).jpeg
#1858 3 years ago
Quoted from fastchef:

Just received my CE and I’m stuck on hooking up the topper. Seems like the board is missing the female green end to fit the the male stereo wire. [quoted image][quoted image]

Check to see if they included the new wiring kit. You'll be using a "Y" splitter to come off the MPU board and run one of legs of the "Y" back to your blue audio line level input (existing one on the PCB board in your picture. The other leg of the "Y" will go up through the top of the backbox and into the blue audio input jack of the sound bar.

#1859 3 years ago

Back to some gameplay! I’m going to add a little bit to the review I did a few days ago on my Pinball blog

If interested, you can see it here

https://thepinballloft.com/

IMG_0770 (resized).jpgIMG_0770 (resized).jpg
I’ve had a chance to play the game now for almost 2 weeks. Maybe 6 to 8 games a day or so. At this point the initial “Holy Cow” remains but the experience is now deeper and broadened. Here are a few new observations:

It’s probably obvious to others but it wasn’t to me that playing through any of the GnR songs, I mean playing them from the beginning to end takes longer that what many consider to be the average ball time of a pinball game (3 mins). Sweet Child O’ Mine is almost 6 minutes and Paradise City is almost 7! So when you decide that you want to play 2 of the biggest GnR hits … well, you’re signing up for a tough (but fun) road. I more routinely than not, get to the last 15 seconds of a song and drain. If they only wrote sub-three minute tunes, I might slay this game.

On the other side of that coin are the occasions where I get deep into (or finish) a song. There are really some amazing moments deep in those games/songs – for example, the “whistle” in Paradise City or the flashing light sequences near the end of “Better” and when the shaker, the lights and the bass drums kick in all at once at the beginning of Live and Let Die - my gosh (goosebumps). These moments are brought to you due to the incredibly hard work of the team at JJP (Scott Larson asked Eric about this on his latest podcast and Eric said Joe Katz spent up to 80 hours coding Live and Let Die alone – and it was the very first song they coded).

There are other moments as well and these are more personal. These are harder to describe without sounding self-important but I’ll do the best I can. Here goes. When I’m a few minutes into a song and driving the rock meter through the roof by hitting the suggested shots, there are times when it feels like I’m actually “on stage”, actually playing an instrument. Somehow the performance of me playing the game/hitting the shots literally transports me to that place. I can hear the power chords in the background, the driving sound of Duffs bass and the pounding of Frank’s drum kit and somehow, I’m there, “playing” with and part of the band. It’s a very cool feeling and a strange one at the same time. Listen – I have a guitar in the Loft. I’ve taken many lessons. I’m still terrible. I have a Roland E-drum kit too and can barely bang around on it so trust me when I say the ONLY thing I bring to this experience is my pinball ability (and even that is suspect)

Another “new to me” observation is the video work on this machine. It is amazing and a shame that like most of us, I’m nose down in the game when I play and don’t spend much time watching (just an occasional peek for on-screen clues I may need to play the game). The video is really well done and the fantastic concert footage is all synchronized. I’ve taken to watching the screen when others play and have begun to appreciate the multiple terabytes of information that the JJP team processed to create this masterpiece.

Same goes for the sound. I’ve been experiencing the game from just 2 feet away for a couple of weeks and it IS amazing. I know, I know … I’ve added a sub but still, the cabinet and backbox speakers are doing a respectable job of keeping up. I started a song tonight and then purposefully stepped away from the game just to hear it from a distance. Wow. Just WOW. I don’t think I have ever heard something that was not a music playback system sound so darn good. There is no question that this is a “concert in-a-box” and every game I play on it convinces me even more that there is nothing like it in the pinball world today. This truly is a unique game, maybe even a once-in-a-lifetime game.

#1860 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image]

Here you go!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/32#post-6082867

#1861 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Congrats! you're gonna LOVE it. It's such a special game! I just played one of my other "favs" after playing GnR non-stop for more than a week
It was ... let's just say, not as much fun as I remember

HaHa!

#1862 3 years ago

Another brilliant review! Thank you

Quoted from MT45:

Back to some gameplay! I’m going to add a little bit to the review I did a few days ago on my Pinball blog
[quoted image]
I’ve had a chance to play the game now for almost 2 weeks. Maybe 6 to 8 games a day or so. At this point the initial “Holy Cow” remains but the experience is now deeper and broadened. Here are a few new observations:
It’s probably obvious to others but it wasn’t to me that playing through any of the GnR songs, I mean playing them from the beginning to end takes longer that what many consider to be the average ball time of a pinball game (3 mins). Sweet Child O’ Mine is almost 6 minutes and Paradise City is almost 7! So when you decide that you want to play 2 of the biggest GnR hits … well, you’re signing up for a tough (but fun) road. I more routinely than not, get to the last 15 seconds of a song and drain. If they only wrote sub-three minute tunes, I might slay this game.
On the other side of that coin are the occasions where I get deep into (or finish) a song. There are really some amazing moments deep in those games/songs – for example, the “whistle” in Paradise City or the flashing light sequences near the end of “Better” and when the shaker, the lights and the bass drums kick in all at once at the beginning of Live and Let Die - my gosh (goosebumps). These moments are brought to you due to the incredibly hard work of the team at JJP (Scott Larson asked Eric about this on his latest podcast and Eric said Joe Katz spent up to 80 hours coding Live and Let Die alone – and it was the very first song they coded).
There are other moments as well and these are more personal. These are harder to describe without sounding self-important but I’ll do the best I can. Here goes. When I’m a few minutes into a song and driving the rock meter through the roof by hitting the suggested shots, there are times when it feels like I’m actually “on stage”, actually playing an instrument. Somehow the performance of me playing the game/hitting the shots literally transports me to that place. I can hear the power chords in the background, the driving sound of Duffs bass and the pounding of Frank’s drum kit and somehow, I’m there, “playing” with and part of the band. It’s a very cool feeling and a strange one at the same time. Listen – I have a guitar in the Loft. I’ve taken many lessons. I’m still terrible. I have a Roland E-drum kit too and can barely bang around on it so trust me when I say the ONLY thing I bring to this experience is my pinball ability (and even that is suspect)
Another “new to me” observation is the video work on this machine. It is amazing and a shame that like most of us, I’m nose down in the game when I play and don’t spend much time watching (just an occasional peek for on-screen clues I may need to play the game). The video is really well done and the fantastic concert footage is all synchronized. I’ve taken to watching the screen when others play and have begun to appreciate the multiple terabytes of information that the JJP team processed to create this masterpiece.
Same goes for the sound. I’ve been experiencing the game from just 2 feet away for a couple of weeks and it IS amazing. I know, I know … I’ve added a sub but still, the cabinet and backbox speakers are doing a respectable job of keeping up. I started a song tonight and then purposefully stepped away from the game just to hear it from a distance. Wow. Just WOW. I don’t think I have ever heard something that was not a music playback system sound so darn good. There is no question that this is a “concert in-a-box” and every game I play on it convinces me even more that there is nothing like it in the pinball world today. This truly is a unique game, maybe even a once-in-a-lifetime game.

#1863 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

Another brilliant review! Thank you

Too kind. Thank you ... can't help but talk about this game. Love it.

#1864 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

[quoted image]

It's the most immersive game I have played and I didn't think you could beat The Hobbit .

#1865 3 years ago

Don't forget to vote in the twipy's and put GNR for game of the year , as it obviously is .
https://twipys.com/2020-twipys-ballot/

#1866 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Don't forget to vote in the twipy's and put GNR for game of the year , as it obviously is .
https://twipys.com/2020-twipys-ballot/

Already done. There is no competition. Ditto on the sound/lightshow category.

#1867 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

My diverter issue was a bit more complex but when waxing I noticed there was a damaged spot under the diverter that was caused by the coil retracting and driving a nut into the top of the PF.

I turned on the game to verify that the nut was causing the damage. It was ("A" was pounding into "B")

Thanks MT45 for posting this. I can see that mine will be hitting the PF too as I can see a little mark (from JJP play testing I assume). It's probably obvious, but to get to the top side nuts, you had to remove the left ramp right? Any tips on making that as easy as possible or did you just take off the whole thing?

#1868 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Thanks mt45 for posting this. I can see that mine will be hitting the PF too as I can see a little mark (from JJP play testing I assume). It's probably obvious, but to get to the top side nuts, you had to remove the left ramp right? Any tips on making that as easy as possible or did you just take off the whole thing?

I didn’t have to remove anything. You can do the whole job above the playfield with a nut driver. Loosen the two nuts, adjust the diverter so the nuts are at their top extent, then tighten back down.

#1869 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I didn’t have to remove anything. You can do the whole job above the playfield with a nut driver. Loosen the two nuts, adjust the diverter so the nuts are at their top extent, then tighten back down.

Awesome news. Thank you!

Edit: I realize I'm an idiot and was literally looking down from the "top side." Raising the PF gives you clear access to the nuts from the side.

#1870 3 years ago

Anybody with a mid to late order of the CE... get notice of paying up and shipping?

#1871 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Has anyone opened up a ticket to let JJP know about this so hopefully they can correct this issue on future builds.

#1872 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Anybody with a mid to late order of the CE... get notice of paying up and shipping?

Not sure what mid to late order means on a CE since it sold out so quickly. I'm still waiting on mine and was told the snow storm is keeping it on the JJP loading dock in Chicago.

#1873 3 years ago

Mid to late must mean 60-90 minutes into the launch... ☺️

#1874 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Has anyone opened up a ticket to let JJP know about this so hopefully they can correct this issue on future builds.

I hope so....theres been several small little tweaks that can be easily resolved at the factory

#1875 3 years ago

It looks like they're building them sequentially

#1876 3 years ago

My buddy Scott talks with Eric about GnR

Some interesting stuff that I had not heard about before

https://soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast/ep-52-4-inches-thickof-concepts-with-eric-meunier

#1877 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

I have no idea what the order is, but it doesn’t appear to be 100% sequential. I’m still waiting (low 200’s) and there have been some numbers higher than that posted here. The pins ordered directly from JJP without specific number requests might be going sequentially, but pins via distributors are definitely not. I’m crossing my fingers that mine shows up in the next week. My son is leaving to go back to school and I could really use his help with this one.

#1878 3 years ago

Anyone else receive an email from JJP indicating a Code Update is available? It states that the EXTERNAL LIGHT SHOW has been improved for the CE among other things.

Just curious if the update is automatic via WiFi or if the user has to manually perform it....

Here’s the change log
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/gnr_changelog.txt

Edit: it appears to be the same version released on 1-10-21. Not sure why they sent the email today...

#1879 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Just curious if the update is automatic via WiFi or if the user has to manually perform it....

You have to go into Utilities to manually start up WiFi to do it. Pretty easy. Mostly sit and watch.

LTG : )

#1880 3 years ago

So I got a bit impatient waiting for my CE. And I had heard Wonka CE's were coming to an end. Even though I've been reluctant and disappointed with how Wonka Turned out I decided to give it a shot. Its still got loads more in it then a stern.

Anyways, As I was scheduling pick up for Wonka My distro gave me More News last night that I was going to need a Bigger truck when I came for Wonka!

My GnR CE is ready and scheduled for pick up along side Wonka CE on Thursday.

#1881 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

So I got a bit impatient waiting for my CE. And I had heard Wonka CE's were coming to an end. Even though I've been reluctant and disappointed with how Wonka Turned out I decided to give it a shot. Its still got loads more in it then a stern.
Anyways, As I was scheduling pick up for Wonka My distro gave me late last news that I was going to need a Bigger truck when I came for Wonka!

You will be pleasantly surprised with Wonka once you put some good time into it! Congrats!

#1882 3 years ago

And the extra callouts on the CE definitely add something and change the flavor of the game a bit

#1883 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

I don't think sequentially. I had emailed and requested #210.

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

And the extra callouts on the CE definitely add something and change the flavor of the game a bit

Oh I didn't see those listed in the change log. Does anyone have some examples of CE-only callouts?

as anyone opened up a ticket to let JJP know about this so hopefully they can correct this issue on future builds.

I can submit it by EOD if nobody has done so yet.

#1884 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

I don't think sequentially. I had emailed and requested #210.

Oh I didn't see those listed in the change log. Does anyone have some examples of CE-only callouts?

I can submit it by EOD if nobody has done so yet.

We'll if their sequentially than I would have mine as I'm #211 They are not....the numbering is totally random

#1885 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Pretty sure he meant Wonka, since it was in context to his response.

#1886 3 years ago

There is NEW CODE for your GUNS CE. https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

Not sure if you read but most of the updates are for the CE lighting.

Make sure you download it!
Code update v1.12 for Guns N' Roses 'Not In This Lifetime' pinball includes enhanced lighting effects (bottom-cabinet, back-cabinet, and topper) for Collector's Edition. Also includes other various bug fixes and improvements.

#1887 3 years ago

The wifi connect and update was so easy. The easiest and quickest update ive ever done. Just another reason to love this game even more!

#1888 3 years ago

I am pretty sure the JJP team is active in this forum thread, they will see it

#1889 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I am pretty sure the JJP team is active in this forum thread, they will see it

I would still suggest Each and Every person on this thread call #LTG to let him know about any issue! And then follow up with him to make sure he got the message. (don't tell him this was my suggestion....)

#1890 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I would still suggest Each and Every person on this thread call #LTG to let him know about any issue! And then follow up with him to make sure he got the message.

Actually you'd best call Barry, Steve, or Ken on this issue. Since I became the Jersey Jack Pinball ambassador, I don't think they want me doing this.

#1891 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Actually you'd best call Barry, Steve, or Ken on this issue. Since I became the Jersey Jack Pinball ambassador, I don't think they want me doing this.

I still think it would be wise (and fun) that EVERYone calls you Just In Case. lol

#1892 3 years ago

Updating your pin via Wi-Fi priceless...

C3550C3F-C5AA-4C84-B437-2ED7EA473A86 (resized).jpegC3550C3F-C5AA-4C84-B437-2ED7EA473A86 (resized).jpeg
#1893 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Updating your pin via Wi-Fi priceless...
[quoted image]

Second this ... it was incredibly easy and also fast. Wow, nice implementation JJP

#1894 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I still think it would be wise (and fun) that EVERYone calls you Just In Case. lol

Now it would. I can forward calls on my internet phone. So I went in and forwarded all calls to.

Well, you'll soon find out.

#1895 3 years ago

Shot a few vids tonight and was able to play through an entire song all the way to encore
Welcome to the Jungle - starts around the 1 minute mark

#1896 3 years ago

And just for the fun of a little bit of Rocket Queen
YouTube still processing the HD version

#1898 3 years ago

EDIT TO THE ORIGINAL POST:
I "flattened" (or took the "spring" out of it) the washer that was originally in the Slash headstock and put it back in
I had ONE more hang up after removing it using the fix described in the original post below. This time it was not that there was too much L/R friction, it was because without the washer there was too much up/down play and that caused the diverter to bind on a single ball. All of those washer produce an "up/down" pressure when installed (they are springy).
I simply grabbed two pairs of pliers and gently (not much presure was needed) straightened the washer.
After re-installing, the up/down slop has been greatly reduce but the low L/R friction (good thing) remains
I left the Duff diverters as is as they seem to function just fine without the washers - remember, I only removed the washers on the lower 2 diverters on the Duff area
ORIGINAL POST FOLLOWS:

IMG_1003 (resized).jpgIMG_1003 (resized).jpg

ORIGINAL POST:
Not sure if others are experiencing this issue but it has now happened one-too-many times for me.
Balls piling up around the passive diverters on the headstock - has happened (less frequently) on the bass as well
When it happens, the glass needs to come off ... so I dug into it tonight

I tried a few things before settling on the easy answer and it works like a charm - just remove the washers
There are 4 total and I removed 3 of them

1 on the Slash headstock
2 on the Duff bass (the 2 lower ones)
For some reason the upper one the Duff was just perfect - maybe the washer was left off that one

In any case, they are perfect now and play tested about 6 games and no issues - they move VERY freely now
The spring washers installed by JJP are meant (guessing) to keep the diverter level, but not put too much friction on them so they still turn
Well ... they are putting a tad too much pressure on that stainless diverter and it's simply too "sticky", especially on a slow ball

No issues now
Save the washers in a labeled baggie in your coin box in case you ever want to put them back on (they are tiny and I'll bet hard to find)

Use the old electrical tape trick on your 1/4" box end wrench so you don't loose the nut AND WATCH FOR THE WASHER as well. Just take a bit of tape and tape it to your wrench, then place under the Duff bass and hold while unscrewing from top. When adding them back, drop those same nuts into your box end wrench with a bit of tape on the back, sit the washer on top and carefully align underneath the Duff bass.
- Note there is no nut to worry about in Slash's headstock - must be a barrel nut underneath so that one just unscrews from the top
- Duff's bass, on the other hand has 1/4" nuts and washers UNDER the plastic and you'll need to be careful and use the trick I shared above
The washer is there to prevent that nut from digging in to the plastic and also spreads the torque over a wider area

IMG_0970 (resized).jpgIMG_0970 (resized).jpgIMG_0991 (resized).jpgIMG_0991 (resized).jpgIMG_0992 (resized).jpgIMG_0992 (resized).jpgIMG_0998 (resized).JPGIMG_0998 (resized).JPGIMG_0996 (resized).jpgIMG_0996 (resized).jpg

#1899 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Anyways, As I was scheduling pick up for Wonka My distro gave me More News last night that I was going to need a Bigger truck when I came for Wonka!

I did the same, my GnR CE isn’t ready and got a Wonka CE, and it might be my favorite game ever. It’s so good.

#1900 3 years ago

Thanks for doing this. Following. I've watched about half and learned a bunch that I didn't know. I'm terrible at rules but your stream delivered them in a simple to understand way - nice work!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/38?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.