20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 68.
#1701 3 years ago

My diverter issue was a bit more complex but when waxing I noticed there was a damaged spot under the diverter that was caused by the coil retracting and driving a nut into the top of the PF.

I turned on the game to verify that the nut was causing the damage. It was ("A" was pounding into "B")

I lifted the PF thinking that all of the adjustment must be underneath. Indeed there is adjustment on the coil mounting plate (see image with 4 nuts and allen screws), this adjustment allows the entire coil mech to move up/down on the mount

I then looked topside to see if there was any topside adjustment and saw 2 screws at the top of the shaft (just underneath the diverter) and noticed that they not only moved the diverter higher or lower within the ramp but moving it UP would also quickly fix my "nut problem". So I loosened the two nuts and moved the diverter part of the assembly upward (the nuts move with it - up and away from the PF). Be careful that you don't move this "too far" you could move the diverter above the plane of the ramp and when it retracts it might "miss" the slot in the ramp that it is supposed to retract into - mine is right at the edge.
If I needed any more adjustment, I would have had to move the mech using the 4 allen screws under the PF

I noticed quite a bit of metal shavings along the bottom side of the shaft - this was created by the shaft moving through a metal guide under the PF. That guide is tight and needs to be in order to keep the diverter perfectly aligned in the slots cut into the ramp

I cleaned off the metal filings and added a VERY light coat of lithium grease to the part that contacts the guide.

Play tested and all is good!

Hope this helps if anyone else is needing an adjustment
IMG_0877 (resized).jpgIMG_0877 (resized).jpg
IMG_0890 (resized).jpgIMG_0890 (resized).jpg
IMG_0888 (resized).JPGIMG_0888 (resized).JPG
IMG_0883 (resized).jpgIMG_0883 (resized).jpg

#1702 3 years ago

Excellent post MT45. Thanks for sharing!

#1703 3 years ago

THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!

#1704 3 years ago

With all these jacked up NIB resales of CEs how long will it be before JJP cuts out the middle man and just charges 20k for CEs?

#1705 3 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

With all these jacked up NIB resales of CEs how long will it be before JJP cuts out the middle man and just charges 20k for CEs?

I'm telling you - $15k JJP Super CE release once JJP catches up with LE production. $8k over retail CE resales is $4 million bucks across 500 units. They're gonna want come back and get a piece of that goodwill by moving it to something they sell rather than the resale market.

Limiting the CEs to 500 was a huge mistake, especially when they supposedly only allocated half that to the US. That's FIVE per state. 5. Per. STATE.

#1706 3 years ago

I agree they would have easily sold another 250 units

#1707 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm telling you - $15k JJP Super CE release once JJP catches up with LE production. $8k over retail CE resales is $4 million bucks across 500 units. They're gonna want come back and get a piece of that goodwill by moving it to something they sell rather than the resale market.
Limiting the CEs to 500 was a huge mistake, especially when they supposedly only allocated half that to the US. That's FIVE per state. 5. Per. STATE.

But at what point do they put it out of reach of the avg customer? Beautiful pin, no doubt.

#1708 3 years ago

Are we certain only 1/2 went to US? With Australia only getting 15 (and we normally get 40-50 of a Stern LE), I think this time the international allocation was much lower. I think most went to JJP direct and they were only US sales.

If I had to guess id say the international allocation was closer to 100 than 250.

#1709 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Are we certain only 1/2 went to US? With Australia only getting 15 (and we normally get 40-50 of a Stern LE), I think this time the international allocation was much lower. I think most went to JJP direct and they were only US sales.
If I had to guess id say the international allocation was closer to 100 than 250.

I was just going off what's been bandied about, but GnR is huge in Europe, so I think the split is closer to 50/50 than 80/20.

But whatever the nuts and bolts are, it was nowhere near enough given that this CE had substantial value over the LE with all the physical upgrades. At least double, if not triple and it still would have sold out.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

But at what point do they put it out of reach of the avg customer? Beautiful pin, no doubt.

When they stop buying them, that point will have been reached. As long as there are very in-demand CEs going for $20k and up already, $15k will seem like a deal. Plus the market gets a shot at another art package, so more choice in the aftermarket.

#1710 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I highly doubt JJP would undercut their current CE owners by offering a revised/upgraded CE....I'm sure it would sell, but they would piss off a lot of people

#1711 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

My diverter issue was a bit more complex but when waxing I noticed there was a damaged spot under the diverter that was caused by the coil retracting and driving a nut into the top of the PF.
I turned on the game to verify that the nut was causing the damage. It was ("A" was pounding into "B")
I lifted the PF thinking that all of the adjustment must be underneath. Indeed there is adjustment on the coil mounting plate (see image with 4 nuts and allen screws), this adjustment allows the entire coil mech to move up/down on the mount
I then looked topside to see if there was any topside adjustment and saw 2 screws at the top of the shaft (just underneath the diverter) and noticed that they not only moved the diverter higher or lower within the ramp but moving it UP would also quickly fix my "nut problem". So I loosened the two nuts and moved the diverter part of the assembly upward (the nuts move with it - up and away from the PF). Be careful that you don't move this "too far" you could move the diverter above the plane of the ramp and when it retracts it might "miss" the slot in the ramp that it is supposed to retract into - mine is right at the edge.
If I needed any more adjustment, I would have had to move the mech using the 4 allen screws under the PF
I noticed quite a bit of metal shavings along the bottom side of the shaft - this was created by the shaft moving through a metal guide under the PF. That guide is tight and needs to be in order to keep the diverter perfectly aligned in the slots cut into the ramp
I cleaned off the metal filings and added a VERY light coat of lithium grease to the part that contacts the guide.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Good catch on this! Mine was chewing up my playfield as well.

#1712 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I highly doubt JJP would undercut their current CE owners by offering a revised/upgraded CE....I'm sure it would sell, but they would piss off a lot of people

There's a middle ground where JJP could make it work so new owners locked out of CEs are happy and existing CE owners are happy, and I'm sure there's already substantial thought trying to find the package that makes sense for both sides of that scenario.

#1713 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's a middle ground where JJP could make it work so new owners locked out of CEs are happy and existing CE owners are happy, and I'm sure there's already substantial thought trying to find the package that makes sense for both sides of that scenario.

They could (should) just blacklist anyone who is caught scalping a NIB immediately after release.

#1714 3 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

They could (should) just blacklist anyone who is caught scalping a NIB immediately after release.

That never works. The carrot is better than a stick.

Find a middle ground that will allow a Super CE to happen. Free upgrade of the SCE extras for CE owners? There's a way to do it, and it wouldn't take much thought to find a place where almost everyone is happy (you cannot please EVERYONE, but you can get almost everyone if you try).

#1715 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Stern jumped from 500 to 600 LE’s of that "Munsters" Pinball.... I thought that Jersey was going to do the same the day that they sold the 500 Collector’s

#1716 3 years ago

Anyone experience phantom scoring of keyboards? Every 5 or 6 games I'll get (what I think it the keyboards) phantom scoring
I shot this video of it happening with no balls on the PF

I lifted the PF and did not see any user adjustable mechanism for that area - guessing they are electro-magnetic sensors built into the LED boards

After I put the PF back i grabbed a spare ball and while game was in "play" mode I slid the ball back and forth around the keyboard and it made the exact same sound and scored the same as well. I put that ball away and it simply continued as if the ball was there

Anyone see/solve this?

#1717 3 years ago

Only issue I’m having is with the plunger. I can pull it all the way back and it barely makes it past the wire gate to go into play.

#1718 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Anyone experience phantom scoring of keyboards? Every 5 or 6 games I'll get (what I think it the keyboards) phantom scoring
I shot this video of it happening with no balls on the PF
I lifted the PF and did not see any user adjustable mechanism for that area - guessing they are electro-magnetic sensors built into the LED boards
After I put the PF back i grabbed a spare ball and while game was in "play" mode I slid the ball back and forth around the keyboard and it made the exact same sound and scored the same as well. I put that ball away and it simply continued as if the ball was there
Anyone see/solve this?

Did you try going to settings->tests->device tests->sensors and hitting start to calibrate? The keyboard left and right keys(along with the skill shot lights and guitar headstock lights) are their new super sweet sensors that detect the ball rolling over. They need calibration. Some more often than others it seems. Start there anyways.

#1719 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Did you try going to settings->tests->device tests->sensors and hitting start to calibrate? The keyboard left and right keys are their new super sweet sensors that detect the ball rolling over. They need calibration. Some more often than others it seems. Start there anyways.

Thanks so much. Exactly what I was looking for. I'll try that tomorrow!

#1720 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Those do exist!

Checking in buddy!!! Been 9 hours; we need to send a crew in to find you?

#1721 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Did you try going to settings->tests->device tests->sensors and hitting start to calibrate? The keyboard left and right keys(along with the skill shot lights and guitar headstock lights) are their new super sweet sensors that detect the ball rolling over. They need calibration. Some more often than others it seems. Start there anyways.

Couldn't wait. I can sleep later. Went up in the Loft and did the calibration as you shared. So far so good!

Was really simple

Really appreciate the help

#1722 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I doubt theres a reasonable middle ground. My guess is they'll just keep building LE's until demand stops

#1723 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I doubt theres a reasonable middle ground. My guess is they'll just keep building LE's until demand stops

I've done TONS of variant products for collectors over the years and I'm telling you, from experience, there is a middle ground where almost everyone is happy and JJP makes more money by filling that massive unmet demand with a Super CE. If they can't figure it out, I'd be happy to lay out some scenarios that will absolutely work.

#1724 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Only issue I’m having is with the plunger. I can pull it all the way back and it barely makes it past the wire gate to go into play.

Initially, I did have the very same issue. I just pulled the black rubber tip of the rod outwards a bit and it made a huge improvement. Not sure though if the tip will stay this way or just eventually slides back. We shall see.

#1725 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Having the same issue.

#1726 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've done TONS of variant products for collectors over the years and I'm telling you, from experience, there is a middle ground where almost everyone is happy and JJP makes more money by filling that massive unmet demand with a Super CE. If they can't figure it out, I'd be happy to lay out some scenarios that will absolutely work.

If they really want to fill demand than build more POTC LE and CE's .... I don't see any other CE version happening ...although we can theorize all day long

#1727 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

In looking at many of the photos from CE owners, it looks like the outside barrel spring is too long to allow the shooter to make good contact with the ball and allow for hitting all the skills shots. Any other CE owners having issues making all the skill shots?

#1728 3 years ago

All good on skillshots here.

#1729 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If they really want to fill demand than build more POTC LE and CE's .... I don't see any other CE version happening ...although we can theorize all day long

That's a bigger hill to climb because of depletion of the parts to make it. They have all the common parts for the GnR LEs. It's fairly trivial (relative to PotC) to jump from that to a Super CE.

#1730 3 years ago

I just hope they get to launching a couple titles a year!

#1731 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's a bigger hill to climb because of depletion of the parts to make it. They have all the common parts for the GnR LEs. It's fairly trivial (relative to PotC) to jump from that to a Super CE.

I agree on POTC, but the $ and demand is there. GNR will Never happen....if they were gonna do that they should have done it at launch otherwise it would negatively affect all future CE builds....

#1732 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I agree on POTC, but the $ and demand is there. GNR will Never happen....if they were gonna do that they should have done it at launch otherwise it would negatively affect all future CE builds....

Depends on how good the solution is. There are answers that would work fine.

I incidentally still think PotC will be re-run. COVID just messed that up.

#1733 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

In looking at many of the photos from CE owners, it looks like the outside barrel spring is too long to allow the shooter to make good contact with the ball and allow for hitting all the skills shots. Any other CE owners having issues making all the skill shots?

Yes, I couldn't clear the gate on a full plunge.

I changed out the shooter tip and it helped, but it's still not as controllable/powerful as I'd like. I may change out the shooter spring.

#1734 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Checking in buddy!!! Been 9 hours; we need to send a crew in to find you?

Twas a long day. I couldn't get my wife to spot me on the Escalera until late in the day, then the setup/tweaks/cleanup wiped me out.

Will have a better read on the game tomorrow!

IMG_2733 (resized).jpegIMG_2733 (resized).jpeg
#1735 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes, I couldn't clear the gate on a full plunge.
I changed out the shooter tip and it helped, but it's still not as controllable/powerful as I'd like. I may change out the shooter spring.

I’d go with a shorter exterior spring first. The Lior skull mod mandated a change to it and looks like JJP didn’t compensate on some factory CE games.

#1736 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

5 per state is still better than the 15 we got for the entire country ( I heard it could be as little as 10)

#1737 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

5 per state is still better than the 15 we got for the entire country ( I heard it could be as little as 10)

Not going to happen. Sorry

#1738 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for this post. Gonna check my game when it arrives before i start it up. This is something everyone should check out if theirs is like this.

#1739 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

To me the kicker in the ball trough is forward to much. It’s not allowing the pinball to rest near the top of the plunger rod. Therefore it’s barely hitting the ball. I can pull it all the way back and it won’t make it to the gate into game play.

#1740 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Yep , only 10 for OZ

#1741 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

To me the kicker in the ball trough is forward to much. It’s not allowing the pinball to rest near the top of the plunger rod. Therefore it’s barely hitting the ball. I can pull it all the way back and it won’t make it to the gate into game play.

That's how mine looked before I installed the shorter spring.

Here is it now working perfect. Not a CE but you can see that it’s not resting on the ball.

9BB16297-7322-470E-B786-981117776AB7 (resized).jpeg9BB16297-7322-470E-B786-981117776AB7 (resized).jpeg
#1742 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

That's how mine looked before I installed the shorter spring.
Here is it now working perfect. Not a CE but you can see that it’s not resting on the ball. [quoted image]

Yours looks a lot better.

#1743 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Yours looks a lot better.

I hope you have the shorter spring on hand?

#1744 3 years ago

Here is mine, works perfect.

External spring appears to be roughly 1”.

The auto plunger tabs are even with the start of the playfield shooter lane and the plunger tip is about 1/4”+ behind the auto plunger tabs.

3181EB26-A098-453E-B7C7-B3FED846A185 (resized).jpeg3181EB26-A098-453E-B7C7-B3FED846A185 (resized).jpegD2ABE014-8F59-4011-83CD-5B29EF8D99E8 (resized).jpegD2ABE014-8F59-4011-83CD-5B29EF8D99E8 (resized).jpegDA5CE953-C71D-4D52-86C0-EB321BC015EC (resized).jpegDA5CE953-C71D-4D52-86C0-EB321BC015EC (resized).jpeg
#1745 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I think Canada only got 6.

#1746 3 years ago

Added the mod couple coin door shadow box. Loving it!

148CDE79-DA7E-476F-8CD7-1BF0EE80A8B7 (resized).jpeg148CDE79-DA7E-476F-8CD7-1BF0EE80A8B7 (resized).jpeg4215192D-EA00-49B9-9DC3-BDED2F17C869 (resized).jpeg4215192D-EA00-49B9-9DC3-BDED2F17C869 (resized).jpeg
#1747 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Just got mine today. Cannot plunge the ball at all. Zero contact. Ugh!

#1748 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

That's what, about 4 US?

#1749 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Unlike Stern games I thought Canadian's could order this from US distributors?

#1750 3 years ago

I meant Canadian distributors.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk
Plastics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/35?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.