20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 68.
#1601 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

What is "tip and tell"..

https://www.shippinglabels.com/tip-n-tell-video

Quoted from Concretehardt:

unless the driver is willing to sit there for an hour + while I unbox and inspect it.

Anytime I accept a delivery I sign it "STI". No driver ever questioned it and I was advised by someone in the shipping business to do this as STI stands for "Subject To Inspection". The person that advised me of this said by signing STI it allows you to go back on the shipping company for any damages that were not seen upon receipt of the item. Luckily I have never had an issue with a delivery so I don't know if this is true or not but at a minimum one can say that I'd actually sign for it.

#1602 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Someone had asked for a video of the attract mode showing the new undercab and behind the backbox RGBW controlled lights
Here is a 60 second video that has most of the attract lighting action

Thank you

#1603 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Anytime I accept a delivery I sign it "STI". No driver ever questioned it and I was advised by someone in the shipping business to do this as STI stands for "Subject To Inspection". The person that advised me of this said by signing STI it allows you to go back on the shipping company for any damages that were not seen upon receipt of the item. Luckily I have never had an issue with a delivery so I don't know if this is true or not but at a minimum one can say that I'd actually sign for it.

That makes sense, but legally does it really help?.....it took those 5 guys an hour before they actually saw the damage. I'm wondering if any knows the recourse? It would be great if a distributor could respond as I believe he/she is the one who coordinates shipping the game from JJP.

#1604 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The problem with that is, it is easy to miss hidden damage on a quick inspection. The video above shows all those guys going all around that game for 15 minutes and no one noticed the damage... besides all that if the tip and tell has been actuated chances are the games been dropped, so it not should be signed for IMHO.

I agree. Upon delivery I inspect the box, and then open the top and look for broken glass. Besides the tip-n-tell, a casual inspection would not have discovered this damage. If the sensors are tripped, refuse it. It sucks, and adds weeks delay, but it’s much better than the alternative.

Watching the video made me cringe. From peak excitement to dread in 1.7 seconds.

#1605 3 years ago

Tip + Tell experts chime in??
You don’t ship empty space overseas, it costs money ....
814DE8B0-7D9F-46AB-B36C-1FF796983357 (resized).jpeg814DE8B0-7D9F-46AB-B36C-1FF796983357 (resized).jpegC0959588-1B05-4940-977E-9F540547F3F5 (resized).jpegC0959588-1B05-4940-977E-9F540547F3F5 (resized).jpeg

#1606 3 years ago

Zoinks , doesnt the boxes state this side up ? or are is there an option for horizontal transport as well ?

#1607 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Zoinks , doesnt the boxes state this side up ? or are is there an option for horizontal transport as well ?

^^^^ is there a 360 degree Tip n Tell
Some pins are “Do not stack” vs “Stack” version

#1608 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I think the issue in this case is Tip n Tell only identifies if the parcel was Tipped. Drop and Tell is much harder to identify unless fully unpackaged.

#1609 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think the issue in this case is Tip n Tell only identifies if the parcel was Tipped. Drop and Tell is much harder to identify unless fully unpackaged.

There's a different device for drops, the Shockwatch. I use it when I ship pins.

#1610 3 years ago

What is "tip and tell".

If the blue gets into the top it's been tipped.

Doesn't mean there is or isn't damage.

LTG : )

tip (resized).jpgtip (resized).jpg
#1611 3 years ago

I'm not a GNR owner but I'm wondering if there is any role for JJP or distributors to ban people buying games and flipping them immediately before it is even in their possession. Ford took a similar approach with the Ford GT banning flipping cars within a certain time period of taking ownership. Unenforceable for pinball other than blacklisting people from future purchases or at least moving them down the line. After the fiasco with so many people losing their CE slots I would think the pinball community would support games going to those who truly want it and not just the opportunists.

Buy and immediately flip a CE and you are waitlisted on your next CE purchase until supply is available.

#1612 3 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

I'm not a GNR owner but I'm wondering if there is any role for JJP or distributors to ban people buying games and flipping them immediately before it is even in their possession. Ford took a similar approach with the Ford GT banning flipping cars within a certain time period of taking ownership. Unenforceable for pinball other than blacklisting people from future purchases or at least moving them down the line. After the fiasco with so many people losing their CE slots I would think the pinball community would support games going to those who truly want it and not just the opportunists.
Buy and immediately flip a CE and you are waitlisted on your next CE purchase until supply is available.

They sell games. They could care less what you do with it after you paid in full.

#1613 3 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

I don't know if you could enforce this. Keep track of. And have a whole lot more work to do tracking it and watching all the bitching here.

How do you even prove if the buyer waited, finally got the game, and by then had a hardship, and had to sell it ?

Good in theory but what a nightmare.

LTG : )

#1614 3 years ago

There was some effort around making sure nobody was able to purchase multiple CE's if I recall. After that game on as it should be!

#1615 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

There was some effort around making sure nobody was able to purchase multiple CE's if I recall. After that game on as it should be!

Yeah, I'll admit while Not a smart buying method I have blindly purchased LE games pre-play and even pre-viewing that I sold on delivery. Not an intentional flip for profit just not the game I was expecting. Stuff happens, it's pinball.

#1616 3 years ago

Fedex boned me - they won't deliver until tomorrow.

One more day!

#1617 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Fedex boned me - they won't deliver until tomorrow.
One more day!

Ouchhhhh. I bet another Wonka video will clear your head.......lol

#1618 3 years ago

Introducing the finishing touch to start the concert! The GnR, "Roses and Guns" custom 3D flipper bat set. Highly detailed and each is hand painted down to the copper bullet. Raised fabric rose inset into a revolver to highlight the raised colt with wood accent handles game on. Available as a set of (2). Alternate Upper set is also available to complete the rock scene. Guns and F'n Roses! All Models, SE, LE, and CE. Available Now!

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpgIMG_6437 (resized).jpgIMG_6437 (resized).jpgaaaa (resized).jpgaaaa (resized).jpg

#1619 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ouchhhhh. I bet another Wonka video will clear your head.......lol

I don't have anything else to say, really...from this point I just gotta execute and I think it will take another 8000 plays before I'll be effective enough to practice what I preach!

Honestly it's kind of a miracle that I got a kid GT on that stream...it's only the second time I've done it.

#1620 3 years ago

Introducing the finishing touch to start the concert! The GnR, "Roses and Guns" custom 3D flipper bat set. Highly detailed and each is hand painted down to the copper bullet. Raised revolver cartridge inset to highlight the raised colt with wood accent handles game on. Upper playfield flipper has revolver cartridge and hand painted microphone. Available as a set of (2). Alternate Lower set is also available to complete the rock scene. Guns and F'n Roses! LE and CE games suggested. Available Now.

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3333 (resized).jpg3333 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#1621 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don't have anything else to say, really...from this point I just gotta execute and I think it will take another 8000 plays before I'll be effective enough to practice what I preach!
Honestly it's kind of a miracle that I got a kid GT on that stream...it's only the second time I've done it.

Won't lie, I almost teared up a bit when you missed it the first try with 2 balls to spare lol.

#1622 3 years ago

What is "tip and tell".. I've always been able to have my delivery company let me unbox and inspect.. doesn't take very long and then i tip the guy for helping me getting into the downstairs garage..

this is a tip and tell indicator

redtip (resized).jpgredtip (resized).jpg
#1623 3 years ago

Question on the Coma lock, for some reason one ball locks and nothing else happens it stays there until the ball search is done and exits into the trough. Anyway have any trouble shooting suggestions?

#1624 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I agree. Upon delivery I inspect the box, and then open the top and look for broken glass. Besides the tip-n-tell, a casual inspection would not have discovered this damage. If the sensors are tripped, refuse it. It sucks, and adds weeks delay, but it’s much better than the alternative.
Watching the video made me cringe. From peak excitement to dread in 1.7 seconds.

yeah, i was watching the live stream and i felt sick to my stomach for those guys. I have an LE on route to my distibutor in Germany and it arrives in the first 2 weeks of february. I ordered an Euro coin mech to be installed by them. So my game get unboxed there so any damage can be noticed by them as well during the install. But really am hoping there will be no red flags. Nevertheless i hope this gets sorted for those guys. Even with the masks on you could see the joy change to horror in their eyes.

#1625 3 years ago

Its already started I see a GNR CE up for sale right now for 20k. There is always that initial shock and awe on somethings rare where people just have to have them and will pay any amount. Considering there are MILLIONS and MILLIONS of GNR fans across the World with only 500 of these machines available to feed that massive audience. Considering if you found an album signed by this entire group as we see with the pinball machine would sell for about 3 or 4k alone.

Considering the machine is way beyond anything we've ever seen in pinball, just considering all of those factors what does this game settle on over the long run? Any thoughts?

When we look at POTC CE its now up to 22k, will this game end up lower because there will be more available? I would argue there are fewer POTC CE because no one wanted them at the time. GNR has a rabid fan base and once the games are purchased by a GNR fan, not a pinhead, they will probably NEVER leave those basements until death do they part. So you can argue both ways.

Does GNR head into the stratosphere on value eclipsing POTC CE or does it settle closer to the original $12,500?

I'd love to hear some thoughts. What is the highest price we'll see this machine sell for vs. the average price or the lowest price once they're all GONE!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1626 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Its already started I see a GNR CE up for sale right now for 20k. There is always that initial shock and awe on somethings rare where people just have to have them and will pay any amount. Considering there are MILLIONS and MILLIONS of GNR fans across the World with only 500 of these machines available to feed that massive audience. Considering if you found an album signed by this entire group as we see with the pinball machine would sell for about 3 or 4k alone.
Considering the machine is way beyond anything we've ever seen in pinball, just considering all of those factors what does this game settle on over the long run? Any thoughts?
When we look at POTC CE its now up to 22k, will this game end up lower because there will be more available? I would argue there are fewer POTC CE because no one wanted them at the time. GNR has a rabid fan base and once the games are purchased by a GNR fan, not a pinhead, they will probably NEVER leave those basements until death do they part. So you can argue both ways.
Does GNR head into the stratosphere on value eclipsing POTC CE or does it settle closer to the original $12,500?
I'd love to hear some thoughts. What is the highest price we'll see this machine sell for vs. the average price or the lowest price once they're all GONE!

I bought this awesome game to play so I guess that will be up to my wife when I kick the bucket? Don't think the game will be any less enjoyable if its 3k or 30k.

#1627 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Hopefully the inevitable $15k jjGnR Super CEs keep a reign on the CE price inflation.

#1628 3 years ago

This may indeed end up being one of those rare birds that quickly hold value well above the price paid even once all 500 are in the wild.

#1629 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Supply and demand - my gut tells me that GNR won't eclipse JJPOTC long term, simply because there will be a lot more GNR available to the pinball buying population.

#1630 3 years ago

So I haven't heard back from everyone I asked, but I have enough that have checked and replied to say it's pretty certain that JJP made a running change to the lower right flipper coil.

CEs made since sometime last week (all CEs? Not certain yet) are arriving with two FL-15411s for the bottom two flippers instead of the left being a FL-15411 and the right being a FL-11629 like on the first run of LEs. Given the crazy extreme temps we've seen on the right flipper in testing (219.8F peak temp), that's a good thing, in my opinion. It will make it a LOT easier to keep it cool because the 15411s seem to peak out around 180F under heavy use/lots of trapping, and I can hold that to around 120F or less with the fan kit, which is well below the threshold of fade.

Karl's livestream of jjGnR tonight at 7pm PST with the three different new fan setups (Std, 20% more CFM, 50% more CFM) will give some good data about which configuration the jjGnR kits will end up being, but if this running change for the right flipper sticks, it will make my life a lot easier.

#1631 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Supply and demand - my gut tells me that GNR won't eclipse JJPOTC long term, simply because there will be a lot more GNR available to the pinball buying population.

And from what I am gathering May surpass even WOZ numbers in a record short time which is a Great thing for JJP. Glad to see Erics second release be a new milestone for them.

#1632 3 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

America is land of the free.

#1633 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I would say the (GNR CE) is $15,500 to $18,500 easy today (01-20-21)” New in box”.

500 made probably only 250 or less in USA.

1 year from now NIB GNR CE $18,500-$25,000 easy.

This is NIB only .

“Played used pins” would depend on buyer/seller and conditions. I would guess $15,000 to $20,000 depending on who what where and when.

#1634 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And from what I am gathering May surpass even WOZ numbers in a record short time which is a Great thing for JJP. Glad to see Erics second release be a new milestone for them.

Hell yea! I hope JJP sells out all 5000 LE. They (and Eric) deserve it with this pin.

#1635 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I would say the (GNR CE) is $15,500 to $18,500 easy today (01-20-21)” New in box”.
500 made probably only 250 or less in USA.
1 year from now NIB GNR CE $18,500-$25,000 easy.
This is NIB only .
“Played used pins” would depend on buyer/seller and conditions. I would guess $15,000 to $20,000 depending on who what where and when.

I think your pretty close....I really don't get the fascination with NIB games? The excitement wears off in about 10 minutes, and yes I've bought dozens. I would much rather inspect and play the game prior to buying.

#1636 3 years ago

Guys. Is there any way to cut down the shaker motor. It’s rumbles to much!

#1637 3 years ago

Hooked up the newly arrived SVS SB3000 today ... OMG, 800watts RMS and 2,500 peak on tap
Had to use the parametric EQ to remove a bit of high bass "boom" and now it simply just kicks you in the gut - and reproduces nice clean/powerful bass lines from the music. Just love it and though subtle, a step up from the SVS 12" I had there before

I used the Pinnovators quick tap system to tap into the existing sub/cab wiring - took all of 2 minutes

Also got my selection of Titan rubbers today and will test some colors tonight
Still loving this game even more every time I play it - it's amazing!

IMG_0856 (resized).jpgIMG_0856 (resized).jpgIMG_0857 (resized).jpgIMG_0857 (resized).jpg
#1638 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You could install one of these. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DJ5564D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00 Makes it so the shakers dont run so hard and you can dial it up/down.

#1639 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You could install one of these. amazon.com link » Makes it so the shakers dont run so hard and you can dial it up/down.

Links not working on my end

#1640 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Per the message I sent you for others. You can dial back the shaker in settings as a start. From there I personally add rubber feet to my games to protect the floor and dampen the vibration. Works pretty good for me. Good luck.

https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-silicone-leg-leveler-casters-set-of-4.html

#1641 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Hooked up the newly arrived SVS SB3000 today ... OMG, 800watts RMS and 2,500 peak on tap
Had to use the parametric EQ to remove a bit of high bass "boom" and now it simply just kicks you in the gut - and reproduces nice clean/powerful bass lines from the music. Just love it and though subtle, a step up from the SVS 12" I had there before
I used the Pinnovators quick tap system to tap into the existing sub/cab wiring - took all of 2 minutes
Still loving this game even more every time I play it - it's amazing![quoted image][quoted image]

Wowow that is the first pic I have seen that gives an idea of how those mirrored radcals look.

#1642 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You probably already turned it down in settings?

#1643 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Still loving this game even more every time I play it - it's amazing![quoted image][quoted image]

You just gave me a great idea. I have a self powered sub laying around that i could do that with. I bet it sounds great. Heck the speaker topper rock all on its own.

#1644 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You probably already turned it down in settings?

Yeah. Testing it now. I have it on low. Even medium was shaking like a bitch.

#1645 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Yeah. Testing it now. I have it on low. Even medium was shaking like a bitch.

It does shake pretty hard at times. The problem with having it on low is you totally miss out the ‘You could be mine’ experience.

#1646 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It does shake pretty hard at times. The problem with having it on low is you totally miss out the ‘You could be mine’ experience.

So what I'm hearing is there needs to be a per-song shaker setting as well as a general one for when it's not in a song.

#1647 3 years ago

The in game shaker settings only temper how often the shaker is used, not hard hard it shakes. Unless JJP changed something recently?

#1648 3 years ago

Question about jukebox settings. How do you know what song you are about to play? Nothing shows on the screen or anything. You have to remember the lineup??

#1649 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Question about jukebox settings. How do you know what song you are about to play? Nothing shows on the screen or anything. You have to remember the lineup??

You can choose “ordered” or shuffle. Ordered plays the songs in order by album.

#1650 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

$1k sub? That might just be overkill...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,400 (OBO)
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/33?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.