20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 68.
#1551 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

First adjustment to do when you guys get your games is to adjust your lower flippers to be parallel with the lane guides. This greatly helps reduce/eliminate the ball hang ups on the flippers from the inlanes and greatly improves flipper flow. This is a must!
I've attached a photo here of how you roughly want them aligned. You want to aim the left flipper at the 'v' between the skeleton body and arm and for the right flipper aim roughly at the top of the tallest knuckle of the skeleton's hand on that side. On mine and on photos i've seen on here it's a fairly big adjustment. Made a huge difference.[quoted image]

Thank you Vitty for all the help, awesome tips

#1552 3 years ago

I'm new to JJP machines. How to I move the LCD to access cable for topper?

#1553 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

I'm new to JJP machines. How to I move the LCD to access cable for topper?

Pull the top left or right corner forward to release the magnetic grip. It's mounted on a big pivot arm.

#1554 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Pull the top left or right corner forward to release the magnetic grip. It's mounted on a big pivot arm.

Thank you. I was trying that but didn't want to break anything. I will tug a little harder.

#1555 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why yes, yes I do. Thank you for mentioning that, affording me an unexpected opportunity to plug the Twipy-nominated Tibetan Breeze flipper coil cooling kits, available now for Spike and Spooky, coming very soon for JJP machines.
They're a very different kind of actually useful playfield protector.

This will be going on all my JJP games. Hopefully there is a bulk discount . Flipper fade is a real thing and it can suck the joy out of an amazing multiball.

#1556 3 years ago

Will shit!Now I’m lost.

#1557 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Will shit!Now I’m lost.

LOL, let the photo be your guide....or use a straight edge(rule or similar) on the metal lane guide that feeds the flipper and make sure the flippers are roughly parallel.

#1558 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

LOL, let the photo be your guide....or use a straight edge(rule or similar) on the metal lane guide that feeds the flipper and make sure the flippers are roughly parallel.

Just wolfin

#1559 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I have the Tibetan Breeze on Stranger Things and AIQ. Do you have one yet for GnR? I am expecting my CE today. I did have the LE for several months and when I had friends over to play the right flipper would fade terribly after an hour of play. I definitely need this for the CE.

It's being tested right now. jjGnR uses a different flipper coil (a FL-11629, the largest) for the lower right that gets VERY HOT. In a 2hr test, it registered 219.8F, the hottest by far of any coil tested so far. With cooling I was able to get it to 140F-155F, a massive improvement of 65-80F less, but still not where I'd like it to be. The left and upper right coils are 15411s so they're good enough with the cooling system. I need to solve getting the lower right down another 10-20F, so it stays below the threshold for the slightest fade. There's another test this week once Karl DeAngelo gets the updated equipment and another temp gauge (so he can monitor 4 temps at once in real time) I sent. He is live-streaming the testing with the temps on-screen again. It's pretty interesting to watch.

So, short answer, jjGnR will have Tibetan Breeze kits very soon, but not quite yet.

#1560 3 years ago

Just got my ce and cant find where this plugs in. All other connections were up through back box and sitting on top to be plugged in. Anyone else have this issue? Is it imside the back box? Directions dont say that.

4A4F7459-6AFC-43BE-8108-5C7F5ADFBA81 (resized).jpeg4A4F7459-6AFC-43BE-8108-5C7F5ADFBA81 (resized).jpeg
#1561 3 years ago
Quoted from dbarker:

Just got my ce and cant find where this plugs in. All other connections were up through back box and sitting on top to be plugged in. Anyone else have this issue? Is it imside the back box? Directions dont say that.
[quoted image]

Lower left inside the head has a spare 2 pin plug.

CAE6E9FE-7BC4-4D3B-9A03-4AE96D984B18.jpegCAE6E9FE-7BC4-4D3B-9A03-4AE96D984B18.jpeg
#1562 3 years ago

Hey I really appreciate that, directions made it seem like all connections were up top, never said to go into back box! Should have know. As the cord is longer. Almost ready to rock!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1563 3 years ago
Quoted from dbarker:

Hey I really appreciate that, directions made it seem like all connections were up top, never said to go into back box! Should have know. As the cord is longer. Almost ready to rock!
[quoted image]

Wow, that Rug! Great looking room for a rock theme.

#1564 3 years ago

I literally took pics at every step of unbox, move to my basement ( which i did myself ) and set up. Its like having a new baby and you keep taking pictures. I have never gotten this worked up over a pinball machine. Its incredibly awsome and i havent even turned it on yet.

#1565 3 years ago

does it say "This is Sparta!!!!" ?

#1566 3 years ago
Quoted from dbarker:

I literally took pics at every step of unbox, move to my basement ( which i did myself ) and set up. Its like having a new baby and you keep taking pictures. I have never gotten this worked up over a pinball machine. Its incredibly awsome and i havent even turned it on yet.

My wife gives me crap about that Every time. I have more pictures of Pinball machines in my phone then our kids lol.

#1567 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's being tested right now. jjGnR uses a different flipper coil (a FL-11629, the largest) for the lower right that gets VERY HOT. In a 2hr test, it registered 219.8F, the hottest by far of any coil tested so far. With cooling I was able to get it to 140F-155F, a massive improvement of 65-80F less, but still not where I'd like it to be. The left and upper right coils are 15411s so they're good enough with the cooling system. I need to solve getting the lower right down another 10-20F, so it stays below the threshold for the slightest fade. There's another test this week once Karl DeAngelo gets the updated equipment and another temp gauge (so he can monitor 4 temps at once in real time) I sent. He is live-streaming the testing with the temps on-screen again. It's pretty interesting to watch.
So, short answer, jjGnR will have Tibetan Breeze kits very soon, but not quite yet.

Have you toyed with / thought about using TEC?

#1568 3 years ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

Have you toyed with / thought about using TEC?

Can't really do that because bolting fins, heatsinks, etc to the coil and then liquid cooling that isn't really possible/safe. Same reason putting RC cars heatsinks on the coil is a bad idea. Yeah, the shape is right, but all that's between you and disaster is thin paper and the coating on the coil windings, which gets very soft with heat. This particular game's coils get so much hotter than any other ones so far, it's a challenge, but I think I can get it with just changing out the fan and if that's not yet enough, adding a shroud to do more directed cooling all around the coil. That's what the beta testing is for.

#1569 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

You bet, happy to help. I have direct word from JJP that they will be sending out splitters, not new boards.

I was informed yesterday they are working on the solution but did not get details. JJP has provided great service and support so I'm not concerned. Either way will work as stated previously so I'll go with whatever direction they provide. The splitter is the much cheaper direction though. Sound should be crazy once the sound bar is active.

Quoted from Vitty:

First adjustment to do when you guys get your games is to adjust your lower flippers to be parallel with the lane guides. This greatly helps reduce/eliminate the ball hang ups on the flippers from the inlanes and greatly improves flipper flow. This is a must!
I've attached a photo here of how you roughly want them aligned. You want to aim the left flipper at the 'v' between the skeleton body and arm and for the right flipper aim roughly at the top of the tallest knuckle of the skeleton's hand on that side. On mine and on photos i've seen on here it's a fairly big adjustment.

Great advice and thanks for mentioning this here. My DICE required this adjustment but my GNR looks good.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Why yes, yes I do. Thank you for mentioning that, affording me an unexpected opportunity to plug the Twipy-nominated Tibetan Breeze flipper coil cooling kits, available now for Spike and Spooky, coming very soon for JJP machines.
They're a very different kind of actually useful playfield protector.

I checked out your site and read the write up on flipper fade. Great info and nice innovation.

#1570 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do these cooling systems generate any noise? If so, have you measured decibels on a meter?

#1571 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Do these cooling systems generate any noise? If so, have you measured decibels on a meter?

Super low - that's my obsession. I hate unnecessary noise. I use the same fans as I use in the Stern power supply kit. For two coil cooling fans running together, it's around 16dB total which you can't hear at all with the machine running, and only may be able to hear in a quiet room with no pins in play.

The fans that will be tested on Karl DeAngelo's jjGnR live stream tomorrow are a little louder, but one is about 20% more CFM and the other is 50% more, so I need to see the temps it can hold on that problematic right flipper, especially, and also see what Karl thinks the sound levels are like. On my test bench, the small bump in sound is not bad at all. I don't think it will be a problem.

#1572 3 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

I checked out your site and read the write up on flipper fade. Great info and nice innovation.

Thanks. Glad you found the FAQ informative. It basically gives a clear overview of what flipper fade is and if you have to worry about it with your specific play style. I found myself typing the same things over and over to answer questions about it, so I just made an on-demand FAQ on the product page.

#1573 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Super low - that's my obsession. I hate unnecessary noise. I use the same fans as I use in the Stern power supply kit. For two coil cooling fans running together, it's around 16dB total which you can't hear at all with the machine running, and only may be able to hear in a quiet room with no pins in play.
The fans that will be tested on Karl DeAngelo's jjGnR live stream tomorrow are a little louder, but one is about 20% more CFM and the other is 50% more, so I need to see the temps it can hold on that problematic right flipper, especially, and also see what Karl thinks the sound levels are like. On my test bench, the small bump in sound is not bad at all. I don't think it will be a problem.

I wouldnt expect to hear any of the fans during gameplay but obviously in standby mode is the concern as I absolutely hate the fan noise from the Stern especially.

That said, what is the downside of replacing the GnR right flipper coil entirely with one that doesn’t generate as much heat? I figure there must be some obvious reason so thanks in advance for humoring me with an answer to the question!

#1574 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I wouldnt expect to hear any of the fans during gameplay but obviously in standby mode is the concern as I absolutely hate the fan noise from the Stern especially.
That said, what is the downside of replacing the GnR right flipper coil entirely with one that doesn’t generate as much heat? I figure there must be some obvious reason so thanks in advance for humoring me with an answer to the question!

You'll lose strength. The FL-11629 is the strongest coil. Eric chose it for a reason, I'm sure, or he would have used the same smaller FL-15411 that's on the left flipper right next to it. Replacing the right coil with a weaker one probably isn't a good option for play - unless the larger one was chosen to power through fade and delay it feeling weak, in which case a 15411 and cooling kit might be a good substitution, but really only Eric can answer that. Otherwise it would take a lot of real-world testing to settle that.

Edit: The Deadpool you bought from me has the same quiet fan in it that I use for the flipper coils, so you've heard how quiet they can be. The 20% and 50% higher CFM fans will only be a bit louder than that, and likely only on one coil - the lower right.

#1575 3 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Of all the CE owners here... do you instantly add a playfield protector the minute you unbox the game? If so... do you get it only from JJP or someone else?

I'm not for GNR. I included it on DICE from JJP but regret it as it does impact gameplay. I will probably remove it in the future. Can't speak on protectors from other sources.

They do a great job though if protecting the playfield and keeping it like new is a high priority for you. I'm hoping the GNR playfield will hold up fine without it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1576 3 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

I was informed yesterday they are working on the solution but did not get details. JJP has provided great service and support so I'm not concerned. Either way will work as stated previously so I'll go with whatever direction they provide. The splitter is the much cheaper direction though. Sound should be crazy once the sound bar is active.

I was unconvinced, so I looked at the Wonka manual at the schematics for the Sound Amp board (the GnR manual seems to be in progress and doesn't have the Sound Amp PCB documented yet). As Vitty already pointed out, the schematics show the optional Aux Out jack is indeed supplied by a branch directly off the Audio In jack input. So it would seem a jack splitter would accomplish the same thing since the soundbar is powered separately anyway

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1577 3 years ago
Quoted from dbarker:

[quoted image]

What number did you get?

#1578 3 years ago

OUCH. Just watched an unboxing of an CE on stream of Warlock 'n roll pinball and they found out on stream that their cabinet was cracked in several places when setting the game up. A shipping nightmare and worst case scenario when unboxing a brand new machine. I feel so sorry for those guys. Going from a high to rockbottom.

#1579 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

OUCH. Just watched an unboxing of an CE on stream of Warlock 'n roll pinball and they found out on stream that their cabinet was cracked in several places when setting the game up. A shipping nightmare and worst case scenario when unboxing a brand new machine. I feel so sorry for those guys. Going from a high to rockbottom.

Link?

#1581 3 years ago

Ugh. Looks like the machine was dropped or tipped over.

#1582 3 years ago
Quoted from fuko:

I was unconvinced, so I looked at the Wonka manual at the schematics for the Sound Amp board (the GnR manual seems to be in progress and doesn't have the Sound Amp PCB documented yet). As Vitty already pointed out, the schematics show the optional Aux Out jack is indeed supplied by a branch directly off the Audio In jack input. So it would seem a jack splitter would accomplish the same thing since the soundbar is powered separately anyway[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing that fuko. Thats what I wanted to check out as well. I checked my DICE manual but its different.

The sound bar does have an interface board for the speakers so it seems to make sense. I wonder how it was initially configured or if the sound bar was changed. Either way -- can't wait to hear it -- its pretty loud without it.

#1583 3 years ago

That is heartbreaking. Wish they would have mentioned the shipping company.

#1584 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Oh man that makes me sick to my stomach. I feel terrible for those guys.

#1585 3 years ago
Quoted from dbarker:

[quoted image]

Congrats! Amazing place!

#1586 3 years ago

Hey guys can someone look at their upper cab and see if I am missing something sort of like a finisher plastic for the cab, my dialed in has it but my GnR does not. I was told to create my own ticket for cables to get my soundbar topper to work.
So I may as well ask for everything else I believe is owed.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1587 3 years ago
Quoted from bigsepe:

Hey guys can someone look at their upper cab and see if I am missing something sort of like a finisher plastic for the cab, my dialed in has it but my GnR does not. I was told to create my own ticket for cables to get my soundbar topper to work.
So I may as well ask for everything else I believe is owed.[quoted image][quoted image]

Not missing they are all like that - you can add something or paint marker or whatever works best for you

#1588 3 years ago
Quoted from bigsepe:

So I may as well ask for everything else I believe is owed.[quoted image][quoted image]

I also can not get the top light on my sound bar topper to work. Ive checked the connection in back box twice and its all completely connected and no light. The bottom light under the flames works but not the top one behind the gnr sign. I put in a help ticket for it just now.

#1589 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

If you install a playfield protector and hate it you can take it off fairly easily, super easy if you cut it off.

So it’s that easy? Picked up a game last week that has one installed. I don’t like the game play and wanted to take it off, but it’s a nightmare. If I can simply cut it out, out it goes

#1590 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

wow that sucks... clearly it was dropped during shipping. It will be interesting to see what happens since they accepted the game. Its probably lucky they had it all on video.

#1591 3 years ago
Quoted from bigsepe:

My Wonka is like the GNR

#1592 3 years ago

Someone had asked for a video of the attract mode showing the new undercab and behind the backbox RGBW controlled lights

Here is a 60 second video that has most of the attract lighting action

#1593 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Someone had asked for a video of the attract mode showing the new undercab and behind the backbox RGBW controlled lights

Damn. That really is pretty incredible. Awesome coding by JJP.

#1594 3 years ago

Pretty sweet!

#1595 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Wow! That light show is next level!

#1596 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

wow that sucks... clearly it was dropped during shipping. It will be interesting to see what happens since they accepted the game. Its probably lucky they had it all on video.

Accepted the game?
The packaging was not damaged.
Feel really sorry for this dude and hope he gets sorted ASAP. Honestly, some countries are miles behind in consumer protection. In UK, you sign to say ‘received, contents not inspected’.
You cannot expect the handler to hang around while you open up the package.
You then have at least 24 hours or a reasonable time to inspect goods.
If anything is damaged, you have a case regardless.

#1597 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Holy SHIT!! That’s amazing!!

#1598 3 years ago

If the tip and tell is activated I would reject delivery unless the driver is willing to sit there for an hour + while I unbox and inspect it.

#1599 3 years ago

What is "tip and tell".. I've always been able to have my delivery company let me unbox and inspect.. doesn't take very long and then i tip the guy for helping me getting into the downstairs garage..

#1600 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

What is "tip and tell".. I've always been able to have my delivery company let me unbox and inspect.. doesn't take very long and then i tip the guy for helping me getting into the downstairs garage..

The problem with that is, it is easy to miss hidden damage on a quick inspection. The video above shows all those guys going all around that game for 15 minutes and no one noticed the damage... besides all that if the tip and tell has been actuated chances are the games been dropped/tipped so it not should be signed for IMHO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/32?hl=joelbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.