20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 68.
#1501 3 years ago

Thanks Vitty for your instructions. I swapped a couple of extra 4-pin connectors onto my incorrect connector and got the topper speakers working. Curious to know if the audio splitter is all that's needed or if the amp board is doing more, but it sounds pretty good to my ears. This game rocks!

#1502 3 years ago

You bet, happy to help. I have direct word from JJP that they will be sending out splitters, not new boards.

Quoted from fuko:

Thanks vitty for your instructions. I swapped a couple of extra 4-pin connectors onto my incorrect connector and got the topper speakers working. Curious to know if the audio splitter is all that's needed or if the amp board is doing more, but it sounds pretty good to my ears. This game rocks!

#1503 3 years ago

Just got THE email. Mine’s ready to be shipped from factory this week!!!
Oh the joy

#1504 3 years ago

Been playing this pin at 6.5 degrees. Anyone else set it up at 7.0, or something else? Better or worse experience?

Thanks in advance for sharing...

Dan

#1505 3 years ago
633C0FD0-96FA-4DF9-9A06-7E4C8505897A (resized).jpeg633C0FD0-96FA-4DF9-9A06-7E4C8505897A (resized).jpegC8719ED2-585C-4D94-A353-7C01588E4500 (resized).jpegC8719ED2-585C-4D94-A353-7C01588E4500 (resized).jpeg
#1506 3 years ago

Skyemont got his machine!!

#1507 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

skyemont got his machine!!

28this.jpg28this.jpg
#1508 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Enjoy Skyemont and bask in the glow of your CE.

#1509 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Been playing this pin at 6.5 degrees. Anyone else set it up at 7.0, or something else? Better or worse experience?
Thanks in advance for sharing...
Dan

Dan, start at 38 degrees. If the ball comes through the coin door lower by 1 degree. lol Yes, mine is set to 7 degrees and no issues with skill shot SDTM and plays great.

#1510 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Congratulations

#1511 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Dan, start at 38 degrees. If the ball comes through the coin door lower by 1 degree. lol Yes, mine is set to 7 degrees and no issues with skill shot SDTM and plays great.

Sorry missed the joke. I thought JJP recommends 6.5°.

#1512 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Sorry missed the joke. I thought JJP recommends 6.5°.

Actually, they simply reference the second bubble line = 6.5 degrees. It doesn't say you Must set it to that angle. Not all basement floors are created equal. Hence why an actual level is handy.

#1513 3 years ago

I'm currently at 7* and will stay here for at least 100 games. Seems pretty good so far though.

#1514 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

how does the soundbar actually sound compared to other JJP pins you have played?

#1515 3 years ago

Yes!! got the call, Wednesday is the day!

BOOM

#1516 3 years ago

Any of the the new deliveries confirm they have the new boards with both ports for the sounbar or are all CEs just getting splitters ?

#1517 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I’m at 7.2 and it’s great.

#1518 3 years ago
Quoted from Jhislop3:

how does the soundbar actually sound compared to other JJP pins you have played?

The sound bar is fantastic. The only neg I have is the speakers in the backbox face up in lieu of out towards you so you loose some sound.

#1519 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Congrats Sky! What number did you got?

#1520 3 years ago

Got the word - Guns CE lands Weds!

Looking forward to becoming a HotRails ™

#1521 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Congrats Sky! What number did you got?

#300.

#1522 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The sound bar is fantastic. The only neg I have is the speakers in the backbox face up in lieu of out towards you so you loose some sound.

Speaker's have been like this since dialed in

#1523 3 years ago

Let’s kick this shit

A745BFF6-7CB6-4A7D-BA51-F3A41CD2E4F3 (resized).pngA745BFF6-7CB6-4A7D-BA51-F3A41CD2E4F3 (resized).png
#1524 3 years ago

Has anyone else had issues with Coma lock? It worked first game out of the box but hasn't since. I ran a coil test and it tries to open but doesn't. Test report says "Check matrixed switch #79, Coma Lockup (stuck closed)". Pulled glass and it moves freely. Not sure what to check next. BTW, this machine is absolutely insane!!! It's a 10 for me! Only issues so far are; wrong cables for topper and stuck Coma lock. Also, occasionally the ball likes to run on the outside of the drum sticks against the cabinet but easy fix.

#1525 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Has anyone else had issues with Coma lock? It worked first game out of the box but hasn't since. I ran a coil test and it tries to open but doesn't. Test report says "Check matrixed switch #79, Coma Lockup (stuck closed)". Pulled glass and it moves freely. Not sure what to check next. BTW, this machine is absolutely insane!!! It's a 10 for me! Only issues so far are; wrong cables for topper and stuck Coma lock. Also, occasionally the ball likes to run on the outside of the drum sticks against the cabinet but easy fix.

Mine had that error brand new right out of the box, BUT the coma lock actually works and works well. Must qualify it first, then drain to get in there (then of course hit all the shots to get out!)
I'll have to check the switch report to see if error is still there

It has functioned maybe a half dozen times for me since

BTW, just set my personal best a few mins ago. Cashed in a "Sweet Child O' Mine" song jackpot of 3.8MM and then beat the robot in "Thirst for Carnage" to cash in another 4+MM

Hands are shaking a bit
IMG_0844 (resized).jpgIMG_0844 (resized).jpg

#1526 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

"Check matrixed switch #79, Coma Lockup (stuck closed)"

I have gotten this same error message upon boot up - but the coma lock and all related features have always worked and the error message went away when the machine was reset.

And I agree this machine is absolutely amazing and, unquestionably, a 10 all the way around. There is nothing even close.

#1527 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Mine had that error brand new right out of the box, BUT the coma lock actually works and works well. Must qualify it first, then drain to get in there (then of course hit all the shots to get out!)
I'll have to check the switch report to see if error is still there
It has functioned maybe a half dozen times for me since
BTW, just set my personal best a few mins ago. Cashed in a "Sweet Child O' Mine" song jackpot of 3.8MM and then beat the robot in "Thirst for Carnage" to cash in another 4+MM
Hands are shaking a bit
[quoted image]

Wow!!! Great score! This game has turned me into a choke machine. I had Thirst for Carnage in my grasp, but...

#1528 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

16FFFA1A-989C-4A85-B54E-C51DC83E922F (resized).png16FFFA1A-989C-4A85-B54E-C51DC83E922F (resized).png
#1529 3 years ago

Maybe Eric/JJP can get the rights cleared to include one of Bill McClintock's fantastic mashups as a secret wizard mode. Here's Paradise City mashed up with Stevie Wonder's Living for the City which he calls "Living for the Paradise City" :

#1530 3 years ago

Of all the CE owners here... do you instantly add a playfield protector the minute you unbox the game? If so... do you get it only from JJP or someone else?

#1531 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Just checked and #79 switch shows no issues at all. Just like you, it did when I first unboxed the machine. Only thing I did was pull the glass move the mech up and down and put the glass back on ... has worked since

#1532 3 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Of all the CE owners here... do you instantly add a playfield protector the minute you unbox the game? If so... do you get it only from JJP or someone else?

Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe Eric/JJP can get the rights cleared to include one of Bill McClintock's fantastic mashups as a secret wizard mode. Here's Paradise City mashed up with Stevie Wonder's Living for the City which he calls "Living for the Paradise City" :

Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks that was cool!

#1533 3 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Only if I want it to play like crap! These playfields look great. A few cliffys maybe but a sheet of plastic is Not needed.

#1534 3 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

JJP doesn't sell the protectors they are sold by the company in Germany that makes them.
I believe but am not 100% sure that the company that makes the protectors is none other than Mirco, who make playfields for JJP and other manufacturers.

https://playfield-protectors.com/
GnR CE protector https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/A8FW79mQSky3lB9SzVigzw

Those that pre-order playfield protectors to arrive before the game does will probably install them before they play the game.

However, I think if you don't have the protector and your game arrives, you will not be able to resist unless denial is your thing.

If you install a playfield protector and hate it you can take it off fairly easily, super easy if you cut it off.

Lots of people don't like them and lots of people do. Its your game you can do what you want to it and a protector is one mod that won't damage your game.

Decide for yourself and don't be bullied by those that try to say there is only one way to enjoy your game.

#1535 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Brilliant...

#1536 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Only if I want it to play like crap! These playfields look great. A few cliffys maybe but a sheet of plastic is Not needed.

I can't believe you are trying to talk people into not modding their game.

#1537 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Put me on that list, too. Playfield protectors suck. Protect the damage-prone areas with a cliffy or the like and then just wax the playfield and enjoy the game. Save that money for a Mod Couple mod that will actually improve the game aesthetics.

#1538 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Put me on that list, too. Playfield protectors suck. Protect the damage-prone areas with a cliffy or the like and then just wax the playfield and enjoy the game. Save that money for a Mod Couple mod that will actually improve the game aesthetics.

Don't you also sell stuff here?

#1539 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Don't you also sell stuff here?

Why yes, yes I do. Thank you for mentioning that, affording me an unexpected opportunity to plug the Twipy-nominated Tibetan Breeze flipper coil cooling kits, available now for Spike and Spooky, coming very soon for JJP machines.

They're a very different kind of actually useful playfield protector.

#1540 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What are the odds . They played a mashup from that guy on my way home from work tonight . I hadn't heard of him until today .
Metallica -Huey Lewis .

#1541 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What are the odds . They played a mashup from that guy on my way home from work tonight . I hadn't heard of him until today .
Metallica -Huey Lewis .

Yeah, that's one of his newest, if not his newest. Amazing music mashup with excellent video mash, too.

His Marilyn Manson/Mariah Carey "All I Want for Christmas is the Beautiful People" is really great, too.

#1542 3 years ago

I don't want to piss off the lucky ce owner's , so last one from me .
Edit - anyone got any good mashups , post them here .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-your-favourite-music-videos

#1543 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I believe but am not 100% sure that the company that makes the protectors is none other than Mirco, who make playfields for JJP and other manufacturers.
https://playfield-protectors.com/

Nope. Different person, different company.

#1544 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Mod a game yes. Mod game play, no. He Asked, I replied with my opinion from using one. Fair enough. Plus JJP Playfields for me (excluding the pool gate issue which these do Nothing for) have been bulletproof and not in need of a plastic sheet.

#1545 3 years ago

First adjustment to do when you guys get your games is to adjust your lower flippers to be parallel with the lane guides. This greatly helps reduce/eliminate the ball hang ups on the flippers from the inlanes and greatly improves flipper flow. This is a must!

I've attached a photo here of how you roughly want them aligned. You want to aim the left flipper at the 'v' between the skeleton body and arm and for the right flipper aim roughly at the top of the tallest knuckle of the skeleton's hand on that side. On mine and on photos i've seen on here it's a fairly big adjustment. Made a huge difference.

63D0AF2D-DC24-4A65-9AD4-EE426518043A.jpeg63D0AF2D-DC24-4A65-9AD4-EE426518043A.jpeg
#1546 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

First adjustment to do when you guys get your games is to adjust your lower flippers to be parallel with the lane guides. This greatly helps reduce/eliminate the ball hang ups on the flippers from the inlanes and greatly improves flipper flow. This is a must!
I've attached a photo here of how you roughly want them aligned. You want to aim the left flipper at the 'v' between the skeleton body and arm and for the right flipper aim roughly at the top of the tallest knuckle of the skeleton's hand on that side. On mine and on photos i've seen on here it's a fairly big adjustment. Made a huge difference.[quoted image]

Thank you for the tip! If you don't mind me asking, how do you adjust the flippers?

#1547 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why yes, yes I do. Thank you for mentioning that, affording me an unexpected opportunity to plug the Twipy-nominated Tibetan Breeze flipper coil cooling kits, available now for Spike and Spooky, coming very soon for JJP machines.
They're a very different kind of actually useful playfield protector.

I have the Tibetan Breeze on Stranger Things and AIQ. Do you have one yet for GnR? I am expecting my CE today. I did have the LE for several months and when I had friends over to play the right flipper would fade terribly after an hour of play. I definitely need this for the CE.

#1548 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Thank you for the tip! If you don't mind me asking, how do you adjust the flippers?

There is a 3/8" nut on the underside of the flipper that squashes two arms together against the flipper rod. Just loosen that nut a little bit, adjust, then re-tighten. Be sure not to overtighten!

#1549 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

There is a 3/8" nut on the underside of the flipper that squashes two arms together against the flipper rod. Just loosen that nut a little bit, adjust, then re-tighten. Be sure not to overtighten!

Does JJP have the toothpick adjustment holes?

#1550 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Does JJP have the toothpick adjustment holes?

Nope

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

7,500 (OBO)
$ 11,000.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/31?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.