20211029_125221 (resized).jpg
20211102_002928 (resized).jpg
20210927_150950 (resized).jpg
20210927_152305 (resized).jpg
20210927_151926 (resized).jpg
20210814_191221 (resized).jpg
20210909_132429 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 68.
#501 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

No response as well

Oh I am very patient by the way
The lack of communication is disappointing

It's incredulous that I paid JJP $1000.00 deposit, and have sent numerous emails about my concerns with the playfield defects, and received no response. Secondly, Mirco will not even discuss or comment about the issues. Third, credit card company has agreed to refund the money if I need to.

Again, it's called accountability. Anyone wants to argue or downplay this defect, then contact Chase bank, and they will explain why this transaction will be refunded. I apologize for the rant, but I'm so tired of hearing from people that this is no big deal, I do not want large black washers on my playfield, and should not have to lower my expectations for a $9,500.00 commercial product. There should be a least a discount for this game with this defect, but it will never happen.

#502 3 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

It's incredulous that I paid JJP $1000.00 deposit, and have sent numerous emails about my concerns with the playfield defects, and received no response. Secondly, Mirco will not even discuss or comment about the issues. Third, credit card company has agreed to refund the money if I need to.
Again, it's called accountability. Anyone wants to argue or downplay this defect, then contact Chase bank, and they will explain why this transaction will be refunded. I apologize for the rant, but I'm so tired of hearing from people that this is no big deal, I do not want large black washers on my playfield, and should not have to lower my expectations for a $9,500.00 commercial product. There should be a least a discount for this game with this defect, but it will never happen.

Try call Jack and see what he says. Emails are always ignored

#503 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Try call Jack and see what he says. Emails are always ignored

I don’t think Jack has much to do with it anymore. He’s mostly a figurehead since the company was sold according to an insider.

#504 3 years ago

I'm fine with any JJP playfield issues as long as they send me a signed picture of Jersey Jack himself. He is in the hall of fame.

#505 3 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Its really kinda crazy that they don't respond in some fashion. Especially since this is the third title in a row with play field issues. My guess is that JJP is pretty fed up with Mirco, but really have no other options. Why don't u just get your refund, and wait and see if they fix their issues or just buy a nice HUO game that u can inspect prior to purchase. If I wasn't in on a CE thats thats the path I'd take.

#506 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

do a swap and put in the bulletproof Kruzman playfield to fix it

I'm trying to have JJP send the PF to him in advance of the build like Spooky does. I know it will add 13-15 weeks like the other PF's he is doing/has done for me, but it is super worth it. If not, I will buy an extra CE and send it to Ron. zaphX , if you end up doing the same, I'll have a double playfield Kruzman PF crate and we can send them both to Ron at the same time (cheaper option) and he can send them back in the same crate.

#507 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I'm trying to have JJP send the PF to him in advance of the build like Spooky does. I know it will add 13-15 weeks like the other PF's he is doing/has done for me, but it is super worth it. If not, I will buy an extra CE and send it to Ron. zaphx , if you end up doing the same, I'll have a double playfield Kruzman PF crate and we can send them both to Ron at the same time (cheaper option) and he can send them back in the same crate.

I love your passion for quality, but man it sucks we have to go down this path....especially for a $13K machine

#508 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

zaphx , if you end up doing the same, I'll have a double playfield Kruzman PF crate and we can send them both to Ron at the same time (cheaper option) and he can send them back in the same crate.

Excellent idea!

#509 3 years ago
Quoted from tlsbryan:

I have my SE
[quoted image]

tlsbryan How you enjoying your SE? 3 favorite things? Best thing about game? Worst thing about game?

#510 3 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

If this qualifies as a big stress in your life right now count your blessings my friend.

#511 3 years ago

I might get a playfield protector, from who else? Mirco. Ironic, huh? Reminds me when I bought a Kia and the salesman said, "best warranty in the business!" Then, when I go to finance guy to sign the contracts, and he asks me if I want extended warranty. "Well, yes, we have a great warranty, but everyone knows, things will break!"

#512 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I love your passion for quality, but man it sucks we have to go down this path....especially for a $13K machine

For 13k, you are 1000% right, but it appears manufacturers are not listening and look at this CE. Sold out in one day. I'm sure 'will PF's be an issue' was in most people's mind when they paid, but we all 'hoped' JJP would have learned. Nope. Still in the same boat, but trying to mitigate something that we should not even be discussing. Playfields should be perfect when delivered and put into use. JJP has a 30 day bumper to post warranty - could be interesting if challenged for a full PF replacement legally.

#513 3 years ago

I honestly don't think it is JJPs fault. I think it is Mirco's fault. Mirco's PF have been fucked up from the beginning. I have had 5 PFs from him that were bad. He used to replace them but I don't think he will anymore. Mirco is the only game in town to get the PFs. My bitch about they are putting out games with the bad PFs instead of getting it taken care of before they put out a new game. They had issues with POTC. They will have to get it taken care of if they want to sell games.

#514 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I honestly don't think it is JJPs fault. I think it is Mirco's fault. Mirco's PF have been fucked up from the beginning. I have had 5 PFs from him that were bad. He used to replace them but I don't think he will anymore. Mirco is the only game in town to get the PFs. My bitch about they are putting out games with the bad PFs instead of getting it taken care of before they put out a new game. They had issues with POTC. They will have to get it taken care of if they want to sell games.

Theres no doubt Mirco makes an inconsistent product as some of his play fields are great and others are terrible. However JJP takes ownership since its their product, and they are the ones who have to guarantee the warranty.

#515 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

and they are the ones who have to guarantee the warranty.

What you said right there. They don't want to warranty their stuff.

#516 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What you said right there. They don't want to warranty their stuff.

bumper to bumper for 30 days

#517 3 years ago

I contacted Micro, the exact words used from them when I asked about the playfield issues: “Don’t worry, all will be ok”.

#518 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I honestly don't think it is JJPs fault. I think it is Mirco's fault

Mirco is the supplier to JJP; JJP has to 'own' the product they sell and should force Mirco to make it right. I would have fired Mirco years ago. Inconsistent product with art, color, and clear-coating issues. JJP should take it in-house or find a sub that wants the job and will do it right.

#519 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I contacted Micro, the exact words used from them when I asked about the playfield issues: “Don’t worry, all will be ok”.

Damnit it’s MIRCO not MICRO.

#520 3 years ago

Just heard from a reliable source that the CE’s will not be on the line til sometime in December.

#521 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Mirco is the supplier to JJP; JJP has to 'own' the product they sell and should force Mirco to make it right. I would have fired Mirco years ago. Inconsistent product with art, color, and clear-coating issues. JJP should take it in-house or find a sub that wants the job and will do it right.

My guess is JJP has thought of this already, and probably concluded they don't have many options unless they want to spend the capital to bring this in house. Mirco is probably the only player that has the capacity? If u eliminated these play field problems JJP's product line would be almost flawless from a quality perspective....Mirco hasn't done JJP any favors, and most of JJP's problems can be attributed directly to Mirco

#522 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Just heard from a reliable source that the CE’s will not be on the line til sometime in December.

Doesn't surprise me one bit....my guess is these recent play field problems have JJP/Mirco scrambling for solutions. The last thing JJP needs is to deliver a bunch of $13K machines that have play field problems. I'm happy to wait if this is actually addressed

#523 3 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Ok. Originally put in for a CE, and was bumped like many others, but was told I was first reserve by my distributor at the time. Got the confirmation today that there had been a cancellation. Not speculating on the reason for the cancellation as based in UK and there can be many reasons - just stoked to now be in on a CE.

I'm really hoping to hear more stories like this in the coming weeks and months.

#524 3 years ago

Question - apologies if this has been asked before.

Anyone going to pull their CE order on the clear coat issue? There is lots of discussion, speculation and understandable scepticism, but anyone going to pull out? For me as a late confirmation (due to cancellation), I’m just happy to get one and will stick it out.

#525 3 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Anyone going to pull their CE order on the clear coat issue? There is lots of discussion, speculation and understandable scepticism, but anyone going to pull out? For me as a late confirmation (due to cancellation), I’m just happy to get one and will stick it out.

I'm not going anywhere. I'm in on this game big time.

#526 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm really hoping to hear more stories like this in the coming weeks and months.

For every guy that drops out theres dozens in line to take his place....my hope is JJP gets their shit together before these ship. My guess is 500 great Mirco play fields is a big ask

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Disagree. I think Pinside isn’t doing its detective work far enough up the supply chain... Where are the calls to the lumber yards and tree farms? *sarcasm*

#528 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Same!

#529 3 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Great, cancel. Why haven’t you?

Have you tried canceling directly with your distro/JJP?

#531 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Same here. I can’t wait to get this game and play the hell out of it for years.....and have a ton of fun in the process.

#532 3 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

I’m sticking with mine and buying an extra playfield when it’s available. Once I have it I’m sending it to Chris to do his magic.

#533 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You know it. Purple and Red for the WIN!
[quoted image]

ouch!!! Imagine a Prince - Purple Rain machine

#534 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Same here. I’ve been waiting for this release since its been rumored.

#535 3 years ago

Playfields will be awesome if they are anything like the Wonka CE's! Don't let this playfield shit slow your roll. Press on and don't look back!

#536 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Playfields will be awesome if they are anything like the Wonka CE's! Don't let this playfield shit slow your roll. Press on and don't look back!

Were Wonka CE's done by Mirco or another vendor?

#537 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Were Wonka CE's done by Mirco or another vendor?

Mirco, logo is under the apron.

#538 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

I might get a playfield protector, from who else? Mirco.

Not the same guy, FYI.

#539 3 years ago

In line for a CE , waiting.............................

no update at this tim e Aussie distro has been super benevolent as always`

#540 3 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

sounds like I been sick too long and playing catch up on this playfield issue. Wow.....

#541 3 years ago

I requested the same number that my TMNTLE was and got it...#234. Can't f#!@ing wait!!!

#542 3 years ago

Maybe JJP is deliberately waiting to ship CEs so the playfields have proper cure time to avoid/diminish pooling?

I used to paint cars and clear coats sometimes keep settling over 6 months to a year (or longer).

Again no evidence of this, just takin a guess as it’s very odd CE owners not getting any priority here

#543 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Maybe JJP is deliberately waiting to ship CEs so the playfields have proper cure time to avoid/diminish pooling?
I used to paint cars and clear coats sometimes keep settling over 6 months to a year (or longer).
Again no evidence of this, just takin a guess as it’s very odd CE owners not getting any priority here

As long as I remember CE owners are always last. It’s basically to get all the issues out of the way first. Just my thoughts.

#544 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

My guess is the delays are caused by multiple things. The first is simply getting the parts to build the games. The second is trying to fix the play field issues. In the past JJP has had pretty slow CE sales due to the heavy price tag so I'm sure they were completely caught off guard. My guess is they have enough parts to maybe build 50 games, but need to order all the other parts. Just getting hundreds of play fields from Germany is probably 2-4 months. I think its gonna be a while before most of us CE owners get their games.

#545 3 years ago

A work of Art. Love this pic of the playfield

75CDA818-1A22-425C-83B6-BA5E343B0757.jpeg75CDA818-1A22-425C-83B6-BA5E343B0757.jpeg
#546 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m sticking with mine and buying an extra playfield when it’s available. Once I have it I’m sending it to Chris to do his magic.

Does anyone know for a FACT that JJP will send you an unclearcoated playfield? (Have they done that for other games like JJP or do they simply send another one with suspect clearcoating material on it?) Mirco doesn't just clearcoat, they obviously create the entire thing so this would require Mirco agreeing to set aside non-clearcoated playfields and how does that affect thier process and pricing for JJP?

Getting an extra clearcoated playfield is just wishfull thinking that it will not have issues once its time to use it.

#547 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Does anyone know for a FACT that JJP will send you an unclearcoated playfield?

I don’t think anyone has suggested that.

Your playfield restorers will sand off the original clear. (I imagine that would be a nerve-wracking evening at the Kruzman compound, if the real issue is the digital ink’s lack of adhesion to the playfield surface.)

#548 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

I don’t think anyone has suggested that.
Your playfield restorers will sand off the original clear. (I imagine that would be a nerve-wracking evening at the Kruzman compound, if the real issue is the digital ink’s lack of adhesion to the playfield surface.)

How do they sand without going too deep and destroying the ink?

#549 3 years ago

Somebody I know spoke to his distributor and they said that jjp and mirco are working on it

#550 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Somebody I know spoke to his distributor and they said that jjp and mirco are working on it

5C0E1FBB-CB5C-46EF-ADF4-3D36E49F66BA.jpeg5C0E1FBB-CB5C-46EF-ADF4-3D36E49F66BA.jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 3,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/11?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.