images (resized).jpg
Robot arm (resized).jpg
batphone (resized).png
Gen X Rules (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
52f972cd-2bbd-45e8-94fc-3cddbce48214 (resized).jpg
4477085d-a467-4b9a-ba5a-490d6a97eaf1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#230 7 years ago

I'm really hoping it's a generic garage band theme (a la Al's Garage Band) with generic music, but includes an option to Bluetooth in the music of the player's choosing through their phone (hence "dialed in").

This way everyone can suddenly turn their Bluetooth on load a band's playlist, and suddenly have their Queen/Maiden/Sabbath/Zeppelin/Nirvana/Tool/Megadeth/Rush/Van Halen/Slayer pin all in one.

"Dialed In" may have more than one meaning. Everyone just assumes it's going to be a cell phone theme pin. Really? What, you think Pat Lawlor is going to design a game where you have to fight between the Verizon/Sprint nerd and the AT&T chick or something? Or maybe you have to hit shots to spell out a late night text to your nagging girlfriend???

I wouldn't be surprised if "Dialed In" means that it interacts with a phone in a small way and perhaps also is a small hat tip to the phrase we always use it as which is a machine that has a ton of good shots that are "dialed in".

1 week later
#1041 7 years ago

dialied-in-1 (resized).jpgdialied-in-1 (resized).jpg

#1052 7 years ago

Pics on their site are much better than that low-res, shaky cam stream.

dialed-in-2 (resized).jpgdialed-in-2 (resized).jpg

#1084 7 years ago

Meanwhile, over the last 30 minutes, people remembered Pat's opening joke about not making a wrestling theme, and promptly used their money saved for this to buy the rest of Stern's WWELE stock.

#1128 7 years ago

I don't know about everyone else here. I enjoy video games on the rare occasion, but I play pinball because I like to... well JJP said it pretty well...

jjpwozbanner (resized).JPGjjpwozbanner (resized).JPG

I hope this isn't the future for all JJP games. Controller in hand + HDTV in front of me. In a way this feels less like a pin, and more of an Xbox game with a playfield in the way.

#1167 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I felt like Pat was an old guy trying to appeal to kids with cell phones who like selfies. Honestly, he just seems to be trying to capitalize on technology and social media buzz words and it comes off like your grandpa trying to be cool.
Time passed him by. It is what it is.

Unfortunately I think you're 100% correct and it sucks. This feels like when the local news uses hashtags.

#1255 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Lol, I still don't see what's so wrong with the theme. It's completely unique and different and original, never been done before, and has plenty of potential. Who knows where getting dialed in could take you during game play. That could be anything really, another timezone, dimension, alternate universe, etc. all within quantum city. I'm still in.

In your question lies the answer. "... all within Quantum City". Welp, there's your name. Calling it Dialed is just a poor attempt in social media era buzz words. It suggests little to nothing about what the game is about (a comic book?), where it happens, what's going on, or anything useful except that "hey phones, you like phones, right?". Quantum City at least sounds like a title inviting you into a futuristic world.

The current title is pandering to the ENTIRELY wrong audience while alienating the two markets they can't afford to lose - home use and operators.

The one saving grace here is that it still is unlicensed theme, so there's no approvals from some pinball-clueless marketing department (though clueless is the term of the day). JJP could read all of this and perhaps re-skin it by end of year with new title, art, and perhaps turn the phone into something that doesn't look like a cry to be hip.

At least I still have 4 WOZ machines all on route to play locally

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-3-to-be-shown-at-expo-in-3-weeks?tu=yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.