images (resized).jpg
Robot arm (resized).jpg
batphone (resized).png
Gen X Rules (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
52f972cd-2bbd-45e8-94fc-3cddbce48214 (resized).jpg
4477085d-a467-4b9a-ba5a-490d6a97eaf1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trunchbull.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 7 years ago

Pie-in-the-sky predictions: the plot is you versus an apocalyptic "killer app" that's taking over the world. I've heard rumors of a robot hand on the playfield, so maybe it's literally player vs machine. "Dialed In" is the name of the software/concept of the machine contacting a cell phone, either a fake one built into the playfield (perhaps like the book in TH, or maybe something near the flippers - it could have a headphone jack and be interactive) or your own phone. Maybe it calls your phone and you listen, via your headphones, to the in-game audio, including a voice that's telling you things, like what shots to shoot, or audio updates on the situation (maybe audio logs - audio log modes?).

Or it could be The Jetsons.

1 week later
#277 7 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

100% agreed; I don't mean an easy to get to wizard mode or anything, just something "easy" but interesting for new players to do.
Heck, an opportunity on The Hobbit for this would be to have an easy to access mode where all four pop-ups raise and you have to hit them down. You get all four down, you clear the mode. Easy to understand. Reasonably rewarding (I accomplished something! Yay).
You could then have a harder version of the mode later in the game where if you don't clear them in X seconds, they start to raise back up (one by one) making it harder to finish. With the right audio cues that is more challening but still easy to understand.
For all I know, these modes are already in The Hobbbit, but buried somewhere. To me it seems like all chaos all the time, which has some razzle dazzle but is low down on the scale of feeling you accomplished anything.

I think that was more important back when the market was for operators trying to lure in location players. The "hook" now is a marketable theme, and then they slap on a deep/complex/long ruleset so you don't get bored. There's not so much of that theatrical showmanship that there used to be, where the pin entices you with reasons to play - I mean, you've already bought it, anyways. But finding that right learning curve is really hard. TAF was popular because it was simple, which doesn't go so well in the home environment but that didn't matter when it came out, because the people who bought it to put in their living room were the minority, and the majority were people with quarters who had to be not only reeled in but given a reason to play again and not use their money to buy a handful of banana Runts instead.

#279 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Mmmmm, Strawberry Runts were the best...

It's terrible being an adult and knowing that I could, theoretically, purchase Runts in bulk.

1 week later
#592 7 years ago

"It's what? It's about a funhouse? That sounds stupid and lame"
"It's what? It's about doing magic? That sounds dumb"
"What? White water rafting? What kind of idiot idea is that?"
"How would you even theme a pin around the space shuttle? That's going to be so dated in ten years"
"Who on earth is going to play a game based on medieval England?"

#703 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

You would love this old British comedy "Are you being served" . Mrs Slocombe always went on about her Pussy.

While I love Are You Being Served, that was more of a double entendre, while calling a guy a pussy is essentially to call them a sissy (and, really, it's swappable with "fa*got"), which equates femininity with weakness. Maybe we should all just move on and agree that "asshole" is a much better term, because everyone has one - using "pussy" in a derogatory manner is just not a very nice thing to do.

Quoted from Law:

"The Room Where it Happens" plus the pose... looks like it's Hamilton, guys!

I would be SO down for a Hamilton pin.

Quoted from stpcore:

Playing pinball helps to keep me AWAY from my cell phone. If pinball starts using my cell phone for game play I'm not so sure I'm down for that.

I've gotten an earful from my husband for going to a pinball place and not answering his texts for like, two hours. Sorry, honey, I'm putting my initials up!

#705 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Hopefully maybe we can do a live stream of the seminar / reveal from our Facebook page tonight - depends on internet service in the hall, etc... But if you want to like our page - maybe you can see it as it happens ! : )2

Fingers crossed!

#712 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Another KISS pin....Jack/Pat...really?

I like that it's the only thing on the wall. "Hey, remember this? And then there was a second one? We just wanted to remind you. Enjoy the show!"

#815 7 years ago

Two and a half hours! I wonder if they'll faff around with the lead-up presentation or if they'll reveal it right away. The suspense is terrible.

#849 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

what the f....ONE HOUR TO REVEAL???

Only one hour? I thought it was at eight o'clock.

#1283 7 years ago

I'd love to know how it plays and what the actual plot of the game is. Are you preventing or provoking disasters? Anyone here put any time in on it? Glad to have a game with original characters and writing, though I do agree it feels kinda Bob the Builder-y (blue! orange!). Mostly I'm curious as to what kind of tricks the game will have up its sleeve - the theme is ok, I just can't tell what the game is doing with it yet.

#1300 7 years ago

I mean, it looks fun, and I want to play it, so...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trunchbull.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-3-to-be-shown-at-expo-in-3-weeks?tu=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.