images (resized).jpg
Robot arm (resized).jpg
batphone (resized).png
Gen X Rules (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
52f972cd-2bbd-45e8-94fc-3cddbce48214 (resized).jpg
4477085d-a467-4b9a-ba5a-490d6a97eaf1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubberducks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

Shouldn't post it but IMO, wish it was JJP doing the Batman pin instead of Stern.
But since it's a few weeks away, speculation is what this site is all about.

I'd much rather seen an original theme (assuming it's good and shows originality) than Batman.

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Multimorphic is probably jumping up and down. A few years ago, their 10k price seemed nuts! Today, well....it still seems nuts, but at least it's competitive. Is it ever going to go into production tho? I've been playing that thing at shows since 2010!!!

Their steampunk flippers are the coolest thing I've seen in pinball ... just yet to be convinced by any games they've shown.

They announced their platform way too early imo, and should wait until 4k pf monitor is cost effective for them to do.

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

They have expressed that they want to start releasing games much more regularly. It seems to me like they are on their way towards that goal... a solid platform in place so development time doesn't get sucked away for that, two production lines, multiple designers(?)...
Pat said he had something like 5 pins in his head he was excited to pitch / work on, if this one is successful they could have him continue his original theme vision while another designer alternates with licensed games.
One thing JJP so far has nailed down is the adventure theme... WOZ and TH are both based on fantasy/adventure and the games themselves both reflect that feeling of adventure I think better than any other company has managed to do to date. I would now really like to see what they do with other genres. A JJP scifi/space theme is what I hope to someday see.

Pretty sure Bond is a done deal. My main hope for that would be that it's something of an anthology, and has hand drawn art.

People keep mentioning muppets / Jim Henson. I'd be cool with that.

Harry Potter, less than zero chance of me ever having any interest.

2 weeks later
#708 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

don't make cowardly excuses for sexism. stand up for misogyny if you support it. everyone here knows what he was referring to.

don't dish it out if you can't take it. pretty funny that you decided to quote me from an entirely different (off-topic lounge) thread.
my request was polite and non-confrontational. no need for all the vitriol. please stop using female anatomy as a synonym for weakness. (and also please stop pretending you aren't referring to female anatomy when you call someone a pussy, that's incredibly cowardly.)

wtf are you talking about?

calling someone a pussy, i.e. lacking courage or exhibiting fear or cowardice (often in the face of less than intimidating circumstances) makes reference to pussy cats ... cats that are particularly mild mannered and generally sheepish in nature and flighty when confronted. it has nothing to do with vaginas.

#714 7 years ago

The shape does look ... odd

#720 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Wonder if they are playable?

Lets hope they move that poster and hang a banner or something.

BanzaiRun Rivisited, cabinet looks awkward. Sure hope its not Pinball 2000 , 2.0!

I'd be thrilled if it was Pin2K 2.0 .. as long as the pf length isn't shortened.

Modular games from JJP ... what a win.

Heighway doing it is one thing (a tiny startup), but a manufacturer that probably will have sold 6000 or more units of their games by the time this goes into production? That would really drive the industry forward, and make it more sustainable.

Quoted from merccat:

Yeah looking again, something is strange looking... maybe its just the angle and the loose covers but they definitely do not all even look to be the same shape. Intriguing.

You might be right.

I suspect they're going to show the evolution of the machine through stages of prototypes.

#739 7 years ago

Looks like standard length, but extra height, judging by the chairs and boxes.

#1349 7 years ago

I'll reserve judgement. Whilst I'd prefer Quantum City as a title, I'm guessing Dave & Busters and kids would be much more taken in by the title as is.

Not keen on cabinet art.

Backglass looks great.

Playfield layout looks excellent. Not keen on ugly phone screen.

Will have to see more of 'Sim City' animations, but it's clearly intentional.

New platform seems great.

Return of Red & Ted in all but name seems a bit weird.

Price ... announcing a CLE at $12.5k with no details. Terrible idea. It may put WOZ ECLE to shame ... but if it's not ready then don't announce it.

There will obviously be standards minus invisiglass, shiny powdercoats etc. If they pull that in at $7500 I'm sure it will sell extremely well.

If $9k is entry? That's foolish and smacks of Steresque greed. This game should not cost more than WOZ or Hobbit.

#1357 7 years ago

There's no way they don't make a standard. But why announce a not ready to be shown CLE when Stern's price gouging has attracted so much appalling publicity? Why price the LE at $9k? Would $8250 not have been enough margin? How can the bill of materials be higher than WOZ? There's no way. Simplified platform should mean it's well below Hobbit too in terms of physical and assembly cost.

Surely #3 should have been the game that gutted Stern's market share and ate their lunch?

They risk losing that by pricing so high, even if I don't doubt that it'll be massively superior to BM '66 in every respect, whilst being cheaper.

The greed is getting sad.

#1361 7 years ago

Gameplay looks good .... and game looks pretty when lit.

But the sound .... :-/

The voiceovers, the jingles, the music, the phone ringing ... I guess one shouldn't make too many judgments from one mobile phone video ... but my main impression is that it's childish and irritating.

#1368 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

We have had more than 20 inquires from phone stores already inc Apple Store

You're the AU JJP distro?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 25.50
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubberducks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-3-to-be-shown-at-expo-in-3-weeks?tu=rubberducks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.