images (resized).jpg
Robot arm (resized).jpg
batphone (resized).png
Gen X Rules (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
52f972cd-2bbd-45e8-94fc-3cddbce48214 (resized).jpg
4477085d-a467-4b9a-ba5a-490d6a97eaf1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merccat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I wont give up my pins either. Time to think about selling my classic car.

Been thinking about this lately too... plus as an added bonus it would free up garage space.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Pat Lawlor is the Chuck Norris of pinball, his games doesn't need tech support.

How did the jokes go?....

A Pat Lawlor game doesn't get nudged, it nudges the planet.

#121 7 years ago

It was good to see all the Hobbits ready to head out the door in TNT's video.

#148 7 years ago

Wrong forum... um... ya.

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Lol! Love it.
Image if they did a Return to Oz pin. That move creeped me the F out when I was a kid. I was terrified of the Wheelers.

I remember having nightmares after watching that one as a kid *shiver*... JJP teams up with spooky for RTO.

#167 7 years ago

My theory on the reason for two is that they will be networked together. Although Pat did say he had at least 5 ideas he wanted to build out.

#170 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You guys are so funny. The reason to bring two games? So that you have two in your booth and more people can play them. Why we immediately start thinking about the second game being a sekrit title or the return of NBA linking just says a lot about our crazy optimism I guess!

While true I'm generally a pretty optimistic person, I really think here its just plain fun to speculate and dream.

#172 7 years ago

They have expressed that they want to start releasing games much more regularly. It seems to me like they are on their way towards that goal... a solid platform in place so development time doesn't get sucked away for that, two production lines, multiple designers(?)...

Pat said he had something like 5 pins in his head he was excited to pitch / work on, if this one is successful they could have him continue his original theme vision while another designer alternates with licensed games.

One thing JJP so far has nailed down is the adventure theme... WOZ and TH are both based on fantasy/adventure and the games themselves both reflect that feeling of adventure I think better than any other company has managed to do to date. I would now really like to see what they do with other genres. A JJP scifi/space theme is what I hope to someday see.

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Air Pinball is definitely Captain Kirk, but I don't agree that either of these are Jody or Jared.

On a positive note, I finally got to try out the ignore feature?

#231 7 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I am really excited to see what they show up with, a cell phone theme does kind of sound lame, but someone, like Pat, with a good imagination could probably come up with something pretty cool that likely will surprise us all.

Plus its not like someone came to Pat and said I want you to design a game with a cell phone theme.... this was Pats Idea from inception. Theres also the possibility that the cell theme is a decoy. Either way I'm counting the days. Really wish I could be there.

#302 7 years ago

Also someone posted in another thread that in their Expo email newsletter, it was reported that there would be 5 of them there.

#326 7 years ago

LOL LTG!

Diverging from the pin being revealed at Expo, I would LOVE to see JJP do a Star Wars pin... and Rogue One is looking like its going to be a strong movie, at least I'm hoping as they seem to be just recycling the same story over with the core films.

#338 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Didn't someone say Stern had the rights. They saw the copyright application or something....

I would not be surprised if Stern already had that locked in... question is if they would license Rogue One separately and if they already have that movie locked as well.

A Stern Star Wars would be good fun pinball too I'm sure, but to me JJP has demonstrated a much stronger ability to capture a themes essence. For example with TH and WOZ I get really fun play with a sense of the heart of their respective movies... with GB (which I was super excited about) I get a fun pin that looks like ghostbusters but doesn't really feel like ghostbusters if that makes any sense and I can't really put my finger exactly on what that magic ingredient is thats missing.

Circling back to JJP #3, it will be interesting to see what the feel is for Pats original theme. I can barely stand the anticipation.

#345 7 years ago

Its not just the LCD either as kpg pointed out the callouts, audio effects and music selection plays a role. I would also add that lighting and the way it all interacts with the ball/mode plays a role.

#375 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

He must work for stern or a distributor. I just wonder how many fake accounts there are on here for people to boost or attack a manufacturer to support their own financial interests.

Too bad people can't just keep it real. Maybe they should take peoples sencere criticism as honest feedback from cash paying potential customers to improve their games instead of dismissing them as "fanboys" thereby guaranteeing that they spend their money elsewhere.

#384 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check the pinballexpo.com website for schedule.
Fireside chat Thursday night 8pm Botanic Room Jack, Pat, and JJP Staff.
Friday night 8pm Botanic Room Jack and Pat dive into the making of Pat's game. ( and maybe a party of some sorts ? )
LTG : )

You're trying to make me skip work and buy a plane ticket aren't ya?!

#393 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Heavens no. Stay home. Bore yourself to death at work. Why go to Expo and have the time of your life ?
Double JJP3 reveal, Jack and Pat showing off the games and then going into depth how they came about.
You'll have way more fun at your dull boring job. Any kind of luck your boss will chew you out for something that isn't your fault. Then you can go home and kick the dog and beat the wife.
Have fun.
I know I will.
LTG : )

LOL... gee life is sure depressing without Expo, I may just write a county western song about it.

#416 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Hey guys need a trusted JJP distributor or do most go direct?
You can direct me to a thread (couldn't find one) or PM that would be great. Thx!

I'd like to know as well for here in CA, dont mind a road trip if someone is good. Last time I ordered direct which was just fine as well.

#418 7 years ago

Thats what I did last time and it was fine, would not hesitate to do it again. Just curious.

#430 7 years ago

Seriously! I had to read that no fewer than 4 times in order to decipher it. Maybe its garbled output from Google translate?

#437 7 years ago

Through please, anyway on to a readers digest version of the thread you are in.

- Original - non licensed, completely unique, not based on any existing TV show, Movie , etc theme.

- Pat Lawlor is the designer who is well known for making unique and fun games.

- The theme is to be revealed at Expo.. "surprise!!"

- Anyone who is a pinball fan and not a manufacturer fanboy is excited and curious to see what it is.

#439 7 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Everybody seemed serious I read that in at least 6-8 posts, I heard it was a Pat Lawlor design that's why I am here I love most of his games...honestly I was totally let way down when I say the sound of music hence the outrage...beg my pard now I'm actually excited again lol

LOL, no worries. Sound of music would indeed be a surpreme dude of a theme. If anyone suggested it they were either joking or trolling.

#452 7 years ago

Jaws Blocks of Music!

#468 7 years ago

Of course as soon as the suspense of the unveiling is over the suspense of waiting for a chance to play it will start. I imagine my first chance will probably be at PAGG. If it hooks me there, i'm doomed.

#470 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...and not being licensed, Jack could keep it in production forever - it could be a slow but steady seller, and as long as he has other offerings to keep the factory churning, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Good point! Isn't the licencing for WOZ running out pretty soon? So it won't be long before the last of those roll out the door. Not sure how much longer they have Hobbit for... but having a hit unlicensed theme is a strong asset to have in your inventory as you can always pull it up and do a run without any red tape when you need to keep the line flowing.

#486 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

That sounds very expensive to make and easy to break.

My thoughts exactly, but very clever and fun idea.

Here's a thought:

Since everything in a modern game is CPU controlled... Bluetooth controlled mechs or even flippers that bystanders can take over.... miss a shot? +1 credit for bystander who can use that credit to say set your flippers to no hold at their whim for a total of 5 seconds...

#509 7 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I hope it's a puppy theme
I really like puppies

LOL! I'm hoping for Rainbow Brite... oh wait, that's licensed. darn. Next time

#628 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What, you think I'm still in the stone age? Dude this ones got buttons.

Ya sure you wouldn't prefer this?

IMG_0061 (resized).JPGIMG_0061 (resized).JPG

#639 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Please stop using female anatomy as a synonym for weakness.

Seperate and distinct definition. In the given context not vulgar and not referring to anatomy. Check a dictionary for yourself if you like. I know the english language is kind of strange in that we have multiple possible meanings for seemingly the same word but it is what it is. Your impression is not even the primary definition of the word which is a cat.

#696 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Is the new game going to be live streamed tonight?

I sure hope so, but at this point not looking likely.

#713 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The pins are in the room.

Six of them too, wow!

#719 7 years ago

Yeah looking again, something is strange looking... maybe its just the angle and the loose covers but they definitely do not all even look to be the same shape. Intriguing.

#743 7 years ago

Look closely at that thing in the middle of them... at first I thought it was just equipment but its another pin.. but maybe an older williams pin. That backbox looks crazy deep.

#845 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Umm did we break pinside...

Maybe it's the Killer App gaining consciousness.

Also, all this talk of pizza is making me hungry... I think I know what I'm having tonight.

#858 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Yes- Pinside was down for 10 minutes or so. It was the disappointment in Batman66.

I wasn't disappointed, looks pretty much as expected to me, of course I had zero interest to begin with. Also I found their choice of LCD and how they mounted it to be kind awkward.

#1210 7 years ago

Drop the cell phone, drop bob the builder, rename to Quantum City and drop the price to 7k and I would have been sold. I do look forward to playing it sometime soon but the chances of buying went way down for me. It will have to be knock your socks off fun to play (which it looks like it may be). I guess I get to save my money, which isn't a bad thing.

I really hope it does appeal to kids, and they play the snot out of it in what few kid accessible pinball locations exist. I suppose it may be that I simply was not their target audience.

#1224 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I agree with this 100%... I can't decide which is worse:
1) People actually pay $9 or $12.5K and encourage this nonsense
or
2) People don't buy and the company suffers

Or option 3) Nobody pre-orders or withdraws all of their preorders, they realize trouble early on and right the ship in time to minimize damage. They wouldn't have to throw the baby out with the bathwater... some light theme adjusting as others have suggested and a realistic price point should do the trick.

#1278 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I made my wife turn off the tv while we waited for the announcement, that dragged on forever, and even she said wtf is that?

I did he exact same thing and my wife (who loves playing pinball too) had virtually same reaction... "so thats what you've been excited to see huh... whatever."

#1306 7 years ago

Maybe I'll get it once I have had time to play. I think for the reveal they would have been far better off just showing the game and explaining the core plot. I think what dissapointed me the most was that I was left confused about what it was supposed to be. I see a cell phone, bob the builder, future city, einstein theatre, a spider man insert, wizard blocks inserts, drones doing package delivery and I'm left wondering what the heck ties all these things together. If they could have explained some of the story/plot that ties these things together instead of fiddle with the cell phone play gimmick then it would have probably been better recieved.

Also pricing... i was really hoping they would undercut stern since since being a standard body with no licensing to pay for.

#1330 7 years ago

Yeah, spec wise it sounds absolutely amazing and I agree you get more from a JJP game than a typical stern. But until recently Stern could offer a really fun game for thousands less. I feel batman VE went way off the rails pricing wise and it would have been a great opportunity to strike with a notability lower price.

Sorry but when your talking nearly 10k for a pin +/- 500 is basically the same price. Heck 8,500 at least would have had a psychological impression of being significantly less. Anywhere in 7k (even 7900) and it would have made Sterns pricing look absolutely absurd and suck all the wind from their sails.

#1593 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Not clear after reading JJP website- other than price, what real differences in gameplay/features are there between Collector Edition and LE version beyond the plaque and signatures? Any?

My memory from the launch was that they would be including some special toys unique to it and a different trim finish. Will probably also have a topper (I would hope).

#1606 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Despite that douche holding his cell phone up, that playfield looks pretty cool.

Yeah, he doesn't seem to fit in right. Everything else looks awesome!

#1638 7 years ago

/"magic!"/...

#1660 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Yes, but would you rather have Dialed In over Hobbit or WOZ?

Over Hobbit, any day of the week and twice on sunday. Over WOZ, no.... Next to WOZ, maybe, gotta play it.

#1697 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I'm just sad

I know... we still have 3 weeks until the new game gets revealed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merccat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-3-to-be-shown-at-expo-in-3-weeks?tu=merccat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.