images (resized).jpg
Robot arm (resized).jpg
batphone (resized).png
Gen X Rules (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
52f972cd-2bbd-45e8-94fc-3cddbce48214 (resized).jpg
4477085d-a467-4b9a-ba5a-490d6a97eaf1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kpg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago

Wait - hold on - JJP is going to show the machine FIRST before asking for deposits and an application to give you the honor of sending them your cash?

Pretty cool

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Awesome, I can't wait. I'll be selling another non JJP game to make room for Pats game.

Same here

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

No, they will just show it and then make you wait 2 years to get it. Neither company is prefect and both have their flaws.

One company has been in business for 30 years.. the other, only a few years. I am willing to bet game #3 will come much sooner then you think.

1 week later
#181 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

He is a shill for Stern. It isn't that he doesn't actually get it, he is intentionally not getting it. Willful ignorance.

The funny thing is he thinks no one knows who he is. His original alias, Captain_Kirk, started the Ghostbusters rumor thread on here and bumped it on a daily basis to build hype for it. Then gets banned on June 20th and starts Air_Pinball the same day.

Personally I think it might be an alias of Jared or Jody that is part of their marketing duties at Stern. It's unfortunate Air_Pinball I.e. Jared I.e Jody has to constantly bash Jack and JJP on Pinside whenever they are given the opportunity.

I don't have a problem with them, but seriously, no one is fooled. It's obvious as hell.

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

The funny thing is, you're clueless about pinball. You rant and rave about things that are commonly known. You repeat your Stern bashing like a broken record. You draw the wrong conclusions from questionable "facts".
It's laughable to watch you make a fool of yourself.

I am just laughing because you are posting this from a new alias and you think people don't know who you are. Don't you have some JJP bashing to do?

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Where's that ignore button.....oh yeah....there it is!
Bye, newbie!

Come on man.. keep going, you are almost at the up/down vote % you earned with your Captain_Kirk alias. Let's see if it can get even lower

2016-09-27_1133 (resized).png2016-09-27_1133 (resized).png
2016-09-27_1134 (resized).png2016-09-27_1134 (resized).png

2016-09-27_1126 (resized).jpg2016-09-27_1126 (resized).jpg

2016-09-27_1136 (resized).jpg2016-09-27_1136 (resized).jpg

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

"Stern bashing"? Heck KPG took the time to put together one of the best integrated sound packages for TWD. In fact it was his raving about the game that got me to finally try the thing... despite my complete indifference about the theme and show at the time.
Unlike a lot of us...he has actually contributed to the hobby.
I could care less if you are "Captain Kirk" or whatever but your posts DO share his style: humorless and quick to anger when confronted.
Don't be that guy

Thanks a lot man.. TWD is one of the best games ever. I actually love my Stern machines and have no reason to bash them, Gary Stern has been cool as hell. I just am calling it as I see it with this guy

1 week later
#331 7 years ago

The worst thing about the JJP #3 reveal? Deciding which pin I need to sell to make room for it.

Can't wait to see Pat's newest game..people will be saying "Batman re-theme what?"

#334 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The worst thing for me is - I love Pat's games, really excited to see it...but F*CK NO am I paying $9k for it.

Yeah, same here. I won't be spending $9K either, I'll wait for the code to be more developed and someone to sell one locally. I've decided no more NIB for me at these prices.

#343 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

An LCD in the backbox.

If JJP would have made GB, it would have been better IMO. Imagine the movie clips on the LCD, and I'd also think they would have use more original movie sounds and call outs instead of the ones Stern used.

GB is a fun game, but it doesn't have enough movie sounds, video clips, and music to feel like the movie in the way JJP's versions of WOZ and Hobbit make you feel immersed in the pinball version of the movie. They nailed the translation of a movie theme to pinball with them, hands down.

#368 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Hey, still wrong, but at least I'm not being called Kirk anymore!

Looks like you and Captain_Kirk have a lot in common.

Captain_Kirk leaves Pinside on June 20th, 2016
Air_Pinball joins Pinside on June 20th, 2016

Both Captain_Kirk and Air_Pinball share the same sorry-ass upvote/downvote ratio and are both equally hated here.

Both live in Indiana.

Coincidence? I think not.

Air_Pinball (resized).pngAir_Pinball (resized).png
Captain_Kirk (resized).pngCaptain_Kirk (resized).png

AB (resized).pngAB (resized).png
CK. (resized).pngCK. (resized).png

2016-10-05_1808 (resized).png2016-10-05_1808 (resized).png

CASE ADJOURNED.

Lawyers-10 (resized).jpgLawyers-10 (resized).jpg

#454 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Can't sleep, so here is my guess of what it will look like based off the small amount of info around. Will be interesting to see if I get anything right. And yes I realise there is no shooter lane.. I don't know how to draw

So you basically think it's a Hobbit re-theme?

#565 7 years ago

I'd love to see another boxing theme like Champion Pub... how about a Rocky pinball machine?

Which brings me to Rambo... would love that one too!

#583 7 years ago

I can see this game having a humorous / funny side .. really looking forward to it ! I am always down for something new, original, and fresh instead of reboots and rethemes and shit from 1966! Lets do this JJP!

#789 7 years ago

I am thinking this could be a Hybrid-style pinball machine, where there's still a physical machine, but it's combined with a virtual pinball game on a large LCD.

This will definitely be the talk over Batman '66 with a basic-ass LCD in the back box for $15K! I love the fact Jersey Jack is trying something new here and innovating pinball.. can't wait

#818 7 years ago

I really think the head of the cabinet is a vertically mounted LCD, that represents the layout of a huge mobile phone screen.

#823 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

And maybe the "modes" light up as app squares on it? "New app installed" as a mode becomes available.
Maybe it is "Killer App" - story takes place inside the phone, an abstracted internet?

Yeah I really think the game is called 'Killer App'

#1059 7 years ago

The prices of new games from both Stern and JJP are a fucking joke. It's killing the hobby IMO. Should make the second hand market much more liquid though.

#1170 7 years ago

Serious advice to Jack. Rename this thing to Quantum City, and get rid of the dumbass cell phone from the playfield or this will flop BIG TIME. It looks to be salvageable, but the name and cell phone shit has to go.

#1497 7 years ago

After watching the gameplay video I'm pretty impressed- the game looks very fun with a lot of shit going on. No doubt something like this would be my kids favorite in my small collection, just like Hobbit is.

Even watching the video, the biggest problem is that this is a $9,000 - $12,500 toy geared to kids. I like the home playing experience, and not location play- so the price of these machines need to make sense. At these prices, I'm simply not purchase a machine unless it's a "dream theme" like Ghostbusters was to me.

For JJP to expect people to drop that kind of cash on a game that doesn't have a desirable theme, is extremely risky. Unique themes worked in the 80's and 90's because people only played games on location, and they weren't revealed like this to home collectors and only a few remaining ops.

Jack is going to need to re-think this big time. Especially the price. There's no damn way people are going to drop $9K on this. $6500-7K, I might consider it. But at $9K, we'll start seeing steep depreciation from NIB prices for sure. I bet I'd have a hard time dumping it at $7500 on the second hand market after I crack the box open. No thanks Jack. I have to say it very disappointed that he clearly raised the prices just because Stern is doing it.

#1502 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I doubt that. Note that both Stern and JJP have outside investors. jack isn't even CEO of JJP anymore (if you didn't catch it, jack had a lot of people to thank at the beginning).
In my opinion, the price reflects these folks making their money back (bail out for whatever ditch woz and hobbit got him in financially), and then a profit on some near term time horizon. Price also probably reflects lower demand already built in.
I guess, just trying to say that calling it greed is a bit oversimplified.

That's unfortunate, because if pinball machines need to be priced this high now due to too many "mouths to feed" behind the scenes, the pinball business may have reached its blow-off top before a decline. I'll be shocked to see pinball demand rise with prices this high. Sorry, but everything has a value and a price people are willing to pay- and at these prices, many people won't pull the trigger and just go to the liquid second hand market instead.

#1557 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

if he would have done that (a miracle) he would have stole the show and hit stern in the nuts.

I agree. If this was a $7K game, it would probably be a huge hit for JJP and really put them on the map and worry Stern. For that price, it looks worth every dollar, even with the goofy theme. I'd probably pre-order it at that price. But for $9K+ shipping, i'll wait for the code to mature and i'll buy it from another pinsider (possibly, after I have played it) down the road, probably for $7-7.5K. For $9K, Jack is literally taking a huge risk here, and really left an opportunity to get more JJP games in more homes.

#1646 7 years ago

This game needs a cameo of the "Can you hear me now?" guy that walks across the screen sometimes

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kpg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-3-to-be-shown-at-expo-in-3-weeks?tu=kpg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.