images (resized).jpg
Robot arm (resized).jpg
batphone (resized).png
Gen X Rules (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
52f972cd-2bbd-45e8-94fc-3cddbce48214 (resized).jpg
4477085d-a467-4b9a-ba5a-490d6a97eaf1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 7 years ago

Well Expo is going to be quite an event this year.

Amazing.

#59 7 years ago

Everybody is jockeying in position for the $$$

Add Spooky to the list. They at least need to announce the title.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

We know the title...

We do? What is it? Seems like both Spooky and JJP are doing Jetsons.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

They're moving nicely toward production, and what I've seen when playing the P3 recently is nothing short of amazing in terms of gameplay/immersiveness and engineering.

I hope Gerry gets it into production soon. A lot of pins coming out to gobble up $$$.

JJP has always said they won't reveal #3 until they are ready to go into production shortly thereafter, as in a few months. Take orders and then ship ala Stern.

How many Hobbits have they sold? And/or not delivered yet. I don't see why they can't build both at the same time. Time to step it up.

3 weeks later
#599 7 years ago

Come on you P*ss*es, get excited. WTF whiny biatches.

dvd_animal (resized).jpgdvd_animal (resized).jpg

#602 7 years ago

Yeah, I can F ing hear you now because I own a F ing I phone and not an exploder POS Samsung.

In fact, I just bought my Expo pins with Apple stock $$$, thank you very much F ing Samdung.

If you listened, bought in the 90's two months ago, now its $118 ladies.

#616 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

What if you use a cell phone to select different ways to play the game ? Different music ? Different voices doing call outs ? Multiballs ? No multiballs ? Timed game ? Not a timed game ? Or ask the game for advice to improve your play ? Machine giving you a hard time, machine being nice to you ?
LTG : )
Disclaimer : I have no idea. Just guessing.

No idea Lloyd?

I want to take my F ing cell and smash it into the ground every day.

I think of ways to destroy it.

If this is a cell phone pin I'll do a video crushing mine with a hammer and/or running it over with my truck

When I play pinball the last thing i want is my cell phone handy

Yes my temperament is lacking, that's why i drink beer and play pinball. To get away from work and the phone!

#621 7 years ago

My cell phone doesn't even go into the pin gulp

It isn't allowed in my man cave

Just good tunes, pinball and beer

And only as a last resort to my computer running out of battery

If this pin is cell phone centric then this is one non buyer at this time

#1078 7 years ago

Wow, what a DUD that was.

Holy crap, BM66LE is a f ing bargain!

Was Jack full of shit with the 1-6,999 "LE"s? WTF

He says, "I bet i sell every one of them".

$9k for that. I'm willing to be open minded but WTF again, that theme is AWFUL.

Next, has anybody seen Alien yet.

#1088 7 years ago

Wow, what a DUD that was.

Holy crap, BM66LE is a f ing bargain!

Was Jack full of shit with the 1-6,999 "LE"s? WTF

He says, "I bet i sell every one of them".

$9k for that. I'm willing to be open minded but WTF again, that theme is AWFUL.

Next, has anybody seen Alien yet.

#1109 7 years ago

This is the beginning of the end I think.

$9k for a 6,999 LE pin and $12.5k for something else i don't get.

We have officially arrived into Sharknado territory.

Heighway has be doing backflips with Alien at that price.

Like Bill Paxton said in the movie, "its game over man, game over"!!!!

#1111 7 years ago

How about the black version of TH or whatever the F that was?

Agree with many others, the hobby has quickly turned into a big F ing joke.

#1122 7 years ago

It's hard to believe these guys stand up there and say this shit with a straight face.

I mean, I know a lot of heart and passion went into making the game and nobody likes their efforts crapped on but seriously, I'm stilling trying to process what i just saw.

At the end it was like a balloon pop with Jack talking about the pricing and how great it was.

It's somewhat insulting that these guys really think we are that stupid. It's one thing to be stupid from time to time but to think people are going to line up and keep dropping $9k plus again and again.

These people have lost their F ing minds!

#1145 7 years ago

"Dialed In"

Why?

Was the comic book thing a jab at Stern and Batman?

If so, an epic fail.

Man I love JJP quality but seriously, no way here

240 Batman LE's is the only thing that even gets you to consider dropping $9500

$9k for an unlimited run of an awful theme?

No thanks

#1183 7 years ago

Well, go to Heighway's site and check out the Alien LE promo video.

Iconic Theme

Less $$$

Blows the stupid cell phone thing away

Not how i saw this whole thing going

I'm back on the Andrew train

#1250 7 years ago

Right before the reveal you could see Keith standing in the corner and it certainly wasn't a look of excitement. Pat and Jack were the only two excited people in the room.

And what an awful reveal to top it off. Where is the promo video professionally done? Ala Alien?

I made my wife turn off the tv while we waited for the announcement, that dragged on forever, and even she said wtf is that?

#1277 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

And the sounds and music are a billion times better

Just a small taste of Alien I know, but Thiel you know absolutely nailed it which is so critical on a pin like Alien where total immersion should be off the charts with his great work.

They would have to work hard to F this one up. Theme, sound, callouts, great video and cool toys. How does it play, I guess neither one of the protos were working well.

#1375 7 years ago

Step right up and get your $9k limited edition, 1 of 6,999.

By the way folks, this will be just the first round of LE's, as soon as sales start to peter out we will re jigger the pin a few different ways and make several more LE options for your liking down the road.

Oh, and RS fans, please notice that Pat decided to put Red and Ted's kids in this game, how cool is that!

DOA

#1376 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I don't know but I like that Pat has made a game for kids again rather than "collectors", we've had a lot of that lately.

Yeah those "kids" are gonna line up to pay $9k, i can see that happening.

They better hope there are enough 50+ yr old "kids".

Dumbest theme ever and really the height of arrogance to think you could roll something, anything out there Lawlor related and people would buy it.

#1377 7 years ago

How many of those $250 "deposits, Jack said about 500 of them, are RUSHING to grab that refund this am?

#1384 7 years ago

If you love pinball, its hard not to love any new pinball machine.

It's exciting to get all of these new releases. And you know whatever the code is with Keith, Ted, and Lyman, that aspect is going to be great.

The light show, LCD etc. awesome. And it should be a blast to play on location, if any operator can afford to put one on location.

One problem, the PRICE at $9k, that trumps everything else.

The rollout was arrogant and misguided. Why would anybody pile in to an LE that 6,999 of which will be made.

I've been through the Woz ride for 5 years now, only to see another LE version come out years later.

We've seen TH, and another LE version announced last night.

The THEME alone prevents me from buying this one, EVER. But if i did reconsider, it will be YEARS from now. Why not? ZERO sense of urgency.

I'll wait for the super duper "Phoned in" version in two years.

#1392 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Sounds like you actually want to be cheated out of your money by manufactured scarcity. Maybe JJP thinks they can sell the game based on how it plays rather than just because it is limited.

I am a big JJP fan in some ways. I fought the kool aid battle for years with my Woz

And YES, YES, YES, if I'm going to pay for something that cost $9k it has to have a great THEME and it has to have MANUFACTURED SCARCITY!!!!

More power to JJP if they can find 6,999 people to buy this Phoned in pin for $9k. I'm not one of them but I'll be the first one to admit i'm a total idiot if they are able to pull it off.

I'll buy a Hobbit, another theme i don't like, before this one.

#1394 7 years ago
Quoted from dotEXE:

And all the people here complaining about price don't understand how fundamentals of economics work.

I wonder who this is?

Is that a joke? We don't understand how economics work?

Might be the greatest playing pin since Roadshow, I love mine, but I'm thinking its Jack that doesn't understand economics.

#1414 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I gotta believe Jack had trouble sleeping last night... and Gary probably slept better.

I doubt Jack has gone to sleep yet.

Is it true that the game is going to be in production on Q2?

We might see a bunch of revamps again like we did with TH.

Jack does listen to feedback and he better have is ears wide open on this one.

Maybe they make a few hundred Dialed In's to sell and then re skin it to Quantum City or something else?

#1420 7 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Coming from the guy who owns a roadshow and whitewater...and who apparently buys every game before you play it...whatever.

And i love em both!

Thanks for making my point. I paid $3k for my very nice RS. I'd gladly pay $3k for Phoned in too.

Bought GBLE "before I played", love it, bought TWD "before I played", love it, buying BM66LE, and will love it too.

And so its really only 3 of 10 pins that i've bought before playing, and batting 1000% by the way. How about that?

#1423 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Really? This shocks you? It seems to be the formula for success in the last 10-15 years. Theme and the perception of a limited product has been the winning formula... JJP doesn't have either. GOOD LUCK DIALED IN!

Yep, JJP certainly didn't "dial in" the formula on this one!

I mean, if you are going to F somebody for $12.5k at least do like Stern did and put a number on it!!!

Money grab going from 30 to 80 was predictable but to stand up there and say, "we will make as many as we can sell of the $12.5 ripoff to be FAIR to everybody" is a mind-blowing arrogant joke.

It's like saying, hey Gary, I saw what you did there and I'm gonna one up you, you went from 30 to 80 on the SLE Gary and could have sold 300 of them, what a fool you are.

Watch me Gary, I'm going to say come one come all, if 300 people want my great SLE then by all means to be FAIR to us poor pinheads, we will make them!

Wow, wow. Talk about a sleazy $$$ grab. Put a NUMBER on your SLE, but oh no, you guys are so greedy you aren't going to leave one sale on the table!!!

That is NOT what a "limited product" means. Mind blowing stupidity.

#1433 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I agree but if Dialed In becomes a big time collectible it probably means something very bad for JJP...

As in they only produced 200 or so like BBB. That's not how to make it collectible and go out of business.

The only guarantee out of JJP is that there is zero chance of any collectability on that 6,999 version.

Maybe a dozen people or so get unique 12.5 k version? But then again, Jack would make 20 more versions of that SLE

#1446 7 years ago
Quoted from dotEXE:

$40 million profit on WoZ alone is not knowing what you're doing. Okay.
You guys are delusional. No wonder so many well respected players and distributors say this place is a cesspool.

Ok Jack, the only thing that is delusional is you claiming a $40 million profit on Woz! It's just not true. Jack you went so far into the red that you had to bring on venture capital to stay alive and grow. I'm an "in progress" CPA so i can count too.

I'm glad you did but you have an epic fail launch of Pat's game. Maybe you can turn it around, i hope you do. But your execution illustrates that you don't know what you are doing.

Theme matters and you guys blew on this one. Price matters and you blew it again. 6,999 LE edition? Great move Jack

#1449 7 years ago
Quoted from dotEXE:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nullam id velit vitae elit vulputate efficitur nec non diam. Nunc sed est quam. In tristique, ante ac molestie egestas, justo dui molestie felis, vitae rhoncus metus nulla in libero. Donec sagittis malesuada suscipit. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia.

Illegitimi non carborundum

#1451 7 years ago
Quoted from dotEXE:

I'm not Jack, are you insane? You think he has the time to post here at 6:40am?

Yes Jack Kaneda, he and you have been up all night!

I will be tuning into a podcast or five this weekend though

#1460 7 years ago
Quoted from dotEXE:

I'm not Jack, are you insane? You think he has the time to post here at 6:40am?

Jackneda, its 9:40 in Chicago, that's where you both are, remember?

Must have been an all night bender or you lost your watch.

#1461 7 years ago

For all the negative, here's the positive takeaway if there is one

1) I'm sure it will be a fun pin to play and Keith and Ted will make the code great, no doubt

2) Lighting and LCD are great, sounds are not

3) Big props for trying something way out of the box

#1493 7 years ago

I am a person, stupid or not, that will pay for a "collectible" pinball machine that has a GREAT theme that i love and plan to keep and enjoy forever!!!

BM66 qualifies for me.

6,999 does not.

So if you Stern guys or JJP guys or anybody else is reading this. I am one of your LE targets, with great themes, that is willing to pay ridiculous money.

80 or 240 done right, works for me. So does the premium and the pro

#1518 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

That's unfortunate, because if pinball machines need to be priced this high now due to too many "mouths to feed" behind the scenes, the pinball business may have reached its blow-off top before a decline. I'll be shocked to see pinball demand rise with prices this high. Sorry, but everything has a value and a price people are willing to pay- and at these prices, many people won't pull the trigger and just go to the liquid second hand market instead.

^^^^^^

Lots of overhead, new facilities and investors to repay. They expect a good return on their investment. And we are paying for it!

#1533 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

But that's the problem Ice, there aren't enough guys like you in the hobby to keep this going. I'm sorry I know, the price bitch fest is going on for a long time already but it's on everyone's mind. So what's to going to happen if the NIB purchased drops by say 25-30%?

1000% in agreement with you

This NIB is guaranteed to drop 25%. Look at a Woz Le now

I seriously think it's game over time IF that's what JJP has to get on a 6,999 run?

That AINT happenin

I'll pay up for a great theme I like such as BM66 knowing full well I'll lose $$ but I'm not totally stupid. I'm not doing that on every pin

Just way too much for this hobby to absorb I think

Bring on Heighway and Spooky

#1540 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

So what you are saying is that you plan on profiting from your pinball purchases? How do you expect not to lose money on every pin?

Actually you hit the nail on the head.

I fully expect to lose $$$ on every pin I buy today

That's why I want to buy a great theme for the long term

When I bought. Lotr LE 5 yrs ago NIB for $5200 I made $$$ selling it. Not that I cared

I paid $6500 for my Woz Le so ok that's cool

7600 for TWDLE, $8k for GBLE, and $9500 for BM66LE. Bad trend

I have the $$$ and I am DONE except on great themes and Lyman

At least Stern offers a PRO and Premium version

$9500 for this and no other option?

^^^^^^^Thats arrogant and PATHETIC I don't care how well it plays

#1545 7 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Please let me know where I can get a WOZ LE for $4875 (75% of the original price of $6500). I will buy it in a heartbeat!

Sorry, maybe not clear, I bought and paid for that Woz 5 years ago

Today, it's a great pin and great value by comparison. At $9500? That's a HARD F ing no

That said, aren't we all just trying to make some sense out of this hobby we love. I am

#1546 7 years ago

Poor Pat, every detail tonight

The job is to try and justify that price which can't be done

Feel sorry for him and that no win situation Jack put him in

#1551 7 years ago

I've said this and I don't know who else thought this but I swear I thought Jack was joking when he put up the price and then said 6,999 LEs

I thought he was going to say, no really, it's $6900, then reality hit and air was sucked right out of that room

Boom, drop the mic, game over

#1564 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

Are there any distributors that will sell it cheaper then the $9000 price like the Stern distributors do? Maybe include shipping in the price?

Nope.

Looks like its $9000 plus $500 shipping = $9500 6,999 of those (WTF)

BMLE 66 =$9500 shipped 240 of those (Yes i can still look at my blinged out fully featured Woz right next to it that i don't play)

And oh by the way, BM66 premium $7600

Alien $8k

"Game over man, game over"!!!!!

#1572 7 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Ice,
You don't play WOZ anymore? Why not?
Don't take out the bad reveal for DIAL on WOZ.
WOZ still loves you.

I still love my Woz, always will, been preoccupied with TWD and GB, plus a nice Indy 500. I need to update to latest code and Woz goes back into rotation.

Iceman likes Bluehorshoe at $6500, not $9500

#1574 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

What do you get for your money though?
Dialed In MSRP $9k
includes Invisiglass, Shaker, 5 speaker 2.1 sound, head phone jack, 27" LCD, new layout
playable at Expo
B66 Prem MSRP $8.6k
includes No shaker, standard glass, standard speakers, no subwoofer, no headphone jack, new LCD, adjusted BDK layout
not playable at Expo

Junkey, it's $9500 versus $7600 first off.

I can add a shaker, invisiglass, speakers, sub, headphone jack, has an LCD and have a grand leftover

And a THEME that is worth at least $10k more than Phoned In

#1596 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

May seem like a shallow reason to not want the pin, but that ( for me) was an absolute deal breaker. Really nothing more than that, and certainly doesn't change my very positive view of JJP, and love my WOZ.

x 1000.

And likewise, I play pinball to get the F away from my cell phone.

For the handful of people that will actually buy this pin, I hope you like it.

I would get in big trouble with this pin and the drunken selfie posting.

#1630 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

The layout is light years better than woz and hobbit and is very refreshing from what we have had lately.

That's what we would expect from Pat Lawlor right? His layouts are pure genius.

Quoted from Skins:

This game suffers in the art department and price point.

And that's the bottom line unfortunately.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 91.00
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 24.50
$ 5.00
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-3-to-be-shown-at-expo-in-3-weeks?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.