images (resized).jpg
Robot arm (resized).jpg
batphone (resized).png
Gen X Rules (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
52f972cd-2bbd-45e8-94fc-3cddbce48214 (resized).jpg
4477085d-a467-4b9a-ba5a-490d6a97eaf1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#246 7 years ago

So when will this be revealed?

#434 7 years ago

guys - I was new to this thread too and I got the impression it was sound of music too (there is a pic with JJP and SOM). I can see where he's coming from. Good news is that it's NOT SOM.

1 week later
#1049 7 years ago

wow - upon first impressions....it looks and sounds terrible. Damn. Will wait to see how it plays but big let down.

who the ___ wants to play a pinball machine on your phone???? what?

#1399 7 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Im cracking up reading all the bitching about the name of this pin, Phone ringing sounds ect. This pin is exactly what most home users want a 90's Williams type dmd era pin with today's technology. Pat hit a homerun with this pin. Only problem is, JJP is outpricing 80% of us pin heads. This pin will sell like hotcakes regardless of price because its fun and innovative. People will find a way to purchase this pin. Same people that bitch the most about this pin will be saying in 6 months have you played the new Whirlwind of this generation.

This pin is def not what most home users want. If the majority get one it's only b/c the gameplay is absolutely flawless but it will ultimately fall in that, "if you can get past that annoying theme" bucket and who wants that. For me theme and sound play a big role. If those aren't there (and you can tell from this reveal this is def a very weak point) it holds back the true potential of a pin. Add in the absolutely crazy 9k price (wait - this is still a standard size pin right?) I feel like JJP really has a big disappointment on their hands. The crowd was absolutely dead during the reveal and the internal bickering on getting what has to be the dumbest feature yet (play the pin with your phone) was bad. Seriously - why would i want to use my cell phone - which inherently is a terrible game device due to lack of tactile feel....to play a 9k machine right in front of me. Jesus this is so misguided and I LOVE pat.

#1407 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't and 95% is way off fella, if that was true then why is the negativity towards this pin at 95%?

b/c no one wants anything to do with their cell phone when playing a pinball machine. For me, playing pinball is a nice stress releaver. Something to do after work, the kids go to sleep, more work, etc. I don't want to even look at my cell phone let a lone have it play a role in my pinball machine.

The more I think about this game and how much potential there was the more frustrated I get. I might need to stop looking at this thread. What a waste.

#1464 7 years ago
Quoted from dotEXE:

$40 million profit on WoZ alone is not knowing what you're doing. Okay.
You guys are delusional. No wonder so many well respected players and distributors say this place is a cesspool.

wow did WOZ bring them 40 million profit? Way to go JJP

I have to say I just got WOZ and it really is something to be seen.

#1476 7 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

Why do so many home owner and collectors mind the name of the game? Does another name make the game play better? Or do they need a popular licence to impress or convince their wife that this was the right thing to buy?
I can see that operators may want to have big names, but on the other hand, a theme like this might attract some otherwise not interested folks.
I also don't get the argument about the name of the game should tell you what to expect from it, moreover as the same guys recommend "Quantum City" as new/better title.

Technically you're 100% correct. If this game didn't present so poorly I doubt the name would even come into play. Problem is it has so many problems and it's terrible name doesn't help.

#1477 7 years ago

Here's the problem for JJP. Pinball to people is primarily a joke/kids toy that people don't understand. They are no question the majority and the only real way you get them to pony up is for a familiar theme that pulls them into the game. That's why GB, TWD, Metallica will sell. That leaves us - the people on pinside that are no doubt the minority but love pinball. The reception here has been so bad that I'm concerned JJP will really suffer here. They won't get the everyday person. They'll have trouble getting us especially with that ridic price tag of 9k entry.

That would be my main concern right now if I'm them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 34.99
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-3-to-be-shown-at-expo-in-3-weeks?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.