images (resized).jpg
Robot arm (resized).jpg
batphone (resized).png
Gen X Rules (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
52f972cd-2bbd-45e8-94fc-3cddbce48214 (resized).jpg
4477085d-a467-4b9a-ba5a-490d6a97eaf1 (resized).jpg
There are 1,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 34.
#301 7 years ago

I saw that there's a thread about JJP#3 on the JJP group where Jack is urging everyone to come and "see and play what JJP has created". Apparently it is to be revealed at the fireside chat on Thursday night 10/13/16.

#302 7 years ago

Also someone posted in another thread that in their Expo email newsletter, it was reported that there would be 5 of them there.

#303 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Also someone posted in another thread that in their Expo email newsletter, it was reported that there would be 5 of them there.

Dang, that's a pretty strong showing if true. Good for JJP!

#304 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Also someone posted in another thread that in their Expo email newsletter

I'm not sure how reliable that is, it was an email sent out from the expo organisers rather than from JJP but it would be cool if it happens.

#305 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No, I obviously don't hide behind a screen name. When you start posting as "Hilton" then you can say the same thing.

I do. My name isn't even Kevin L'whateverthehell. My given name is actually Arcadefan99. One of these days I'll consider some transparency. Vic, you should consider doing the same.

#306 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

I do. My name isn't even Kevin L'whateverthehell. My given name is actually Arcadefan99. One of these days I'll consider some transparency. Vic, you should consider doing the same.

Heh, opacity is not the worst thing I've been accused of. Google Lunar Clinton Joke. That was going on 20 years ago and I still hear about it. Doing games for 25 years, I've learned to roll with the punches.

#307 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Kevin L'whateverthehell

One of these days I'll spell your last name without looking it up first.

#308 7 years ago

5 there to play? Any for sale?

#309 7 years ago

It hasn't been stated if those "5 machines Jack will be bringing" are a combination of WOZ, Hobbit and JJP#3.

Quoted from thall17:

#310 7 years ago

got a chance to really play WOZ a few times at York and Hobbit. Great machines!!

#311 7 years ago

I will be very interested to see what these look like. Based on quality alone, I like their products. Jack himself told me these would be shipping in Q2, and will be ....and I quote......"Code Complete". That alone makes this game a winner in my books, given the way things have been going. I think he also mentioned the deposit this time would be $250.

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

This is effectively the reveal of TAF 2.0. It will be interesting how far pinball will go from this point on with all the new innovations that are needed for this day and age...

Wouldn't it be TZ 2.0? I think Lawlor was given a blank check for TZ since TAF was so successful. I might have misunderstood your comment though.

#313 7 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Wouldn't it be TZ 2.0? I think Lawlor was given a blank check for TZ since TAF was so successful. I might have misunderstood your comment though.

Pat said in and interview once a that TaF was the blue print for all pinballs after it was released. (mode based play ending in wizard mode)
I'm guessing he is saying that this might change pinball again

#314 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Pat said in and interview once a that TaF was the blue print for all pinballs after it was released. (mode based play ending in wizard mode)
I'm guessing he is saying that this might change pinball again

That makes sense. I think JJ gave PL the freedom to do whatever he wanted which is why I was thinking of TZ 2.0.

#315 7 years ago

Never been to the Expo, and this year is no exception as we are travelling. But assuming I wanted to see the JJP reveal on Thursday night on our way out of town, what pass would I need to buy? And where is the reveal taking place?

#316 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

what pass would I need to buy?

Seminars.

Quoted from Manimal:

And where is the reveal taking place?

At the Westin - Botanic Room.

LTG : )

#317 7 years ago

Does anyone know if there will be any live streams of the reveal?

#318 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I second this. Also, is there going to be a thread dedicated to the happenings of Expo? I sadly won't be there but would love some kind of updates from the people there.

#319 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Quoted from Jack himself on the JJP Google Groups ...
"I'm sure we will share it online in real time and there will be plenty of pictures, videos and details. Thanks."

#320 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Seminars.

At the Westin - Botanic Room.

Thank you sir!

#321 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Quoted from Jack himself on the JJP Google Groups ...
"I'm sure we will share it online in real time and there will be plenty of pictures, videos and details. Thanks."

What they need to do it have someone in jersey post it to pinside as soon as it gets shown at expo. So they can give some HD shots and all the info professionally.

#322 7 years ago

Any educated guesses on theme? Star Wars Rogue 1 or Ep VIII perhaps?

#323 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

It's not a license, thankfully. Much respect to JJP for having the balls to try an unlicensed game for #3.

#324 7 years ago

This will be the game at expo. I'm thinking it's going to be AMAZING

#325 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Not those, because they would need to be licensed.

Disclaimer : I'm leaning towards Earth Quaker Zombie House Run

#326 7 years ago

LOL LTG!

Diverging from the pin being revealed at Expo, I would LOVE to see JJP do a Star Wars pin... and Rogue One is looking like its going to be a strong movie, at least I'm hoping as they seem to be just recycling the same story over with the core films.

#327 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

LOL LTG!
Diverging from the pin being revealed at Expo, I would LOVE to see JJP do a Star Wars pin... and Rogue One is looking like its going to be a strong movie, at least I'm hoping as they seem to be just recycling the same story over with the core films.

I agree and I don't know that it is concrete that it is unlicensed theme for JJP3. Maybe that was already announced by JJP though I cannot remember since they have been talking about it for so long and I forgot... I do seem to remember this being mentioned on the C2C podcast though, maybe?

#328 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I agree and I don't know that it is concrete that it is unlicensed theme for JJP3. Maybe that was already announced by JJP though I cannot remember since they have been talking about it for so long and I forgot... I do seem to remember this being mentioned on the C2C podcast though, maybe?

Told by Jack direct it was unlicensed. Of course he also told me it is going to be amazing, and they have been working on this a long time to make sure it was right. One of the other staff I know, mentioned he was very excited about this one, and I trust his opinion....so for the first time ever, I am really looking forward to seeing a reveal......lol

#329 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Yes.. $15,001.00

#330 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Heh, opacity is not the worst thing I've been accused of. Google Lunar Clinton Joke. That was going on 20 years ago and I still hear about it. Doing games for 25 years, I've learned to roll with the punches.

Hey, THANKS for making Silhouette Mirage HARDER, ya dick!!!!

#331 7 years ago

The worst thing about the JJP #3 reveal? Deciding which pin I need to sell to make room for it.

Can't wait to see Pat's newest game..people will be saying "Batman re-theme what?"

#332 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I agree and I don't know that it is concrete that it is unlicensed theme for JJP3.

It's concrete. Pat wouldn't do a licensed game.

#333 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

The worst thing about the JJP #3 reveal? Deciding which pin I need to sell to make room for it.
Can't wait to see Pat's newest game..people will be saying "Batman re-theme what?"

The worst thing for me is - I love Pat's games, really excited to see it...but F*CK NO am I paying $9k for it.

#334 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The worst thing for me is - I love Pat's games, really excited to see it...but F*CK NO am I paying $9k for it.

Yeah, same here. I won't be spending $9K either, I'll wait for the code to be more developed and someone to sell one locally. I've decided no more NIB for me at these prices.

#335 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I would LOVE to see JJP do a Star Wars pin

Didn't someone say Stern had the rights. They saw the copyright application or something....

#336 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yeah, same here. I won't be spending $9K either, I'll wait for the code to be more developed and someone to sell one locally. I've decided no more NIB for me at these prices.

If this is a top game, 9k can be finaly the cheaper.

#337 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

That doesn't make any sense.

Maybe they'd same "Batman what?" or "What re-theme?"

#338 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Didn't someone say Stern had the rights. They saw the copyright application or something....

I would not be surprised if Stern already had that locked in... question is if they would license Rogue One separately and if they already have that movie locked as well.

A Stern Star Wars would be good fun pinball too I'm sure, but to me JJP has demonstrated a much stronger ability to capture a themes essence. For example with TH and WOZ I get really fun play with a sense of the heart of their respective movies... with GB (which I was super excited about) I get a fun pin that looks like ghostbusters but doesn't really feel like ghostbusters if that makes any sense and I can't really put my finger exactly on what that magic ingredient is thats missing.

Circling back to JJP #3, it will be interesting to see what the feel is for Pats original theme. I can barely stand the anticipation.

#339 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's concrete. Pat wouldn't do a licensed game.

Darn, Damn, Nuts...!
I really wanted Harry Potter.

#341 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I would not be surprised if Stern already had that locked in...

I thought Jack said they TRIED to get it.....

#342 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

For example with TH and WOZ I get really fun play with a sense of the heart of their respective movies... with GB (which I was super excited about) I get a fun pin that looks like ghostbusters but doesn't really feel like ghostbusters if that makes any sense and I can't really put my finger exactly on what that magic ingredient is thats missing.

An LCD in the backbox.

#343 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

An LCD in the backbox.

If JJP would have made GB, it would have been better IMO. Imagine the movie clips on the LCD, and I'd also think they would have use more original movie sounds and call outs instead of the ones Stern used.

GB is a fun game, but it doesn't have enough movie sounds, video clips, and music to feel like the movie in the way JJP's versions of WOZ and Hobbit make you feel immersed in the pinball version of the movie. They nailed the translation of a movie theme to pinball with them, hands down.

#344 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

with GB (which I was super excited about) I get a fun pin that looks like ghostbusters but doesn't really feel like ghostbusters if that makes any sense and I can't really put my finger exactly on what that magic ingredient is thats missing.

I can help you out.

-It seems like it's missing the banter/humor/main characters of the movie! Funny voices and clips are not "peppered" about as you play...and character/story stuff that is in the game is locked away in the modes where most players will never see/hear it.

-Winston has the least personality of all the Ghostbusters, and he's the narrator. He's given Bill Murray lines like "tex" that seem odd.

-The characters faces are almost never shown on the DMD...you only see the characters from the back on the DMD. When Rick Moranis hits the glass in "Who Brought the Dog", it's from the back. When the Ghostbusters fall into the hole and crawl out, they're seen from the back. On "We Got One" or "Storage Facility", you only see hands. This odd way of staging the animation removes a lot of character and personality from the game - perhaps this was a licensing issue, but their faces are all over the translite, so - who knows.

#345 7 years ago

Its not just the LCD either as kpg pointed out the callouts, audio effects and music selection plays a role. I would also add that lighting and the way it all interacts with the ball/mode plays a role.

#346 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I can help you out.
-It seems like it's missing the banter/humor/main characters of the movie! Funny voices and clips are not "peppered" about as you play...and character/story stuff that is in the game is locked away in the modes where most players will never see/hear it.
-Winston has the least personality of all the Ghostbusters, and he's the narrator. He's given Bill Murray lines like "tex" that seem odd.
-The characters faces are almost never shown on the DMD...you only see the characters from the back on the DMD. When Rick Moranis hits the glass in "Who Brought the Dog", it's from the back. When the Ghostbusters fall into the hole and crawl out, they're seen from the back. On "We Got One" or "Storage Facility", you only see hands. This odd way of staging the animation removes a lot of character and personality from the game - perhaps this was a licensing issue, but their faces are all over the translite, so - who knows.

Most likely it was the ability to do the faces justice with the lack of detail on a DMD. They either decided it didn't look right, or the characters objected to the low quality likeness.......

#347 7 years ago

That's the first thing I said back when we saw the first video of GB in action... "no callouts?" Just seems empty - to me anyways.

#348 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

That's the first thing I said back when we saw the first video of GB in action... "no callouts?" Just seems empty - to me anyways.

I am hoping any new code (if we ever see some) will unlock some of the hidden dialogue and bring it more into play.

#349 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Most likely it was the ability to do the faces justice with the lack of detail on a DMD. They either decided it didn't look right, or the characters objected to the low quality likeness.......

We've seen plenty of cartoony and realistic portrayals of actors likenesses on DMDs for over 20 years. Dots artists have been pretty amazing given the resolution limits. Even if we just look at recent Stern games...Star Trek has nice recognizable cartoon versions of its characters, so does Metallica, AC/DC, X-Men and pretty much every other pin with a DMD. You can just tell on this one - they went out of their way only to show characters backs or hands...so, I can only guess this was due to not wanting to go through approval processes with all the DMD art, or perhaps they felt they couldn't match Yeti's versions of the characters...but, I'm gonna go with the first one - as Stern's dot artists have always been really good at matching various styles. Most of the Metallica dots are good matches for Dirty Donny's art, and in the past they've matched other cartoon art like Simpsons and Family Guy well, despite the resolution limits.

#350 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Someone saw Stern's name listed on a "pending agreements" list on a Star Wars website I think. Either that or JJP.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.25
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 85.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-3-to-be-shown-at-expo-in-3-weeks/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.