images (resized).jpg
Robot arm (resized).jpg
batphone (resized).png
Gen X Rules (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
52f972cd-2bbd-45e8-94fc-3cddbce48214 (resized).jpg
4477085d-a467-4b9a-ba5a-490d6a97eaf1 (resized).jpg
There are 1,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 34.
#201 7 years ago

Apparently the JJP vs Stern nonsense arguments caused some people to have a permanent mental breakdown LOL!

#202 7 years ago

Those pin companies are really great at hiding their new themes, got to say.

#203 7 years ago

There's not enough positive freaking out. Pat Freaking Lawlor is about to unveil his newest pin. Arguably the best pinball designer of all time and he has all the budget he needed (I heard that he safely made the BoM requirements).

Pat. Lawlor.

Let's stop fighting and just be nothing but excited for whatever that mad scientist came up with.

#204 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

There's not enough positive freaking out. Pat Freaking Lawlor is about to unveil his newest pin. Arguably the best pinball designer of all time and he has all the budget he needed (I heard that he safely made the BoM requirements).
Pat. Lawlor.
Let's stop fighting and just be nothing but excited for whatever that mad scientist came up with.

Let's hope it's more TZ, Addams, Funhouse and less RCT or CSI. He's done some brilliant games, but none I would call great this century so far. I'm hoping that's more a function of being budget constrained and JJP can take him back to his glory days by giving him a generous budget for toys.

#205 7 years ago

i say its gonna be a new jurassic park pinball!
new movie in the making and i prayed , so it must be!

#206 7 years ago

Pat's new game is supposed to be an original theme so Jurassic Park is a long shot.

#207 7 years ago

This from the Australian JJP distributors Facebook feed:

IMG_5789 (resized).PNGIMG_5789 (resized).PNG

#208 7 years ago

If it really is "dialed in".....yuck, just sounds terrible, I want nothing to do with a phone theme.

#209 7 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

If it really is "dialed in".....yuck, just sounds terrible, I want nothing to do with a phone theme.

I wouldn't be surprised since someone mentioned before the machine can interact with your phone.

#210 7 years ago

Bluetooth enabled, controls so you can play any music..oops...shouldn't mentioned that.

#211 7 years ago

its an original theme so who cares about the tittle as long as it plays fantastic with great features and innovations. Whirlwind dialed in whatever as long as fun to shoot!

#212 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Bluetooth enabled, controls so you can play any music..oops...shouldn't mentioned that.

Don't worry, nobody is reading this thread anymore since AP and Houdini have all the interest now. This and BM66 are old news. If Jack was smart he would leak something to steal some of the thunder back. JJP's is the game I'm looking forward to the most but can only hope it lives up to the hype.

#213 7 years ago

"dialled in" should have capital letters if it's a proper name. Maybe someone messing around?

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Don't worry, nobody is reading this thread anymore since AP and Houdini have all the interest now. This and BM66 are old news. If Jack was smart he would leak something to steal some of the thunder back. JJP's is the game I'm looking forward to the most but can only hope it lives up to the hype.

If you mean "noise level" - yes. It's how pinside functions. The place to gripe is where the volume will be. If you see a thread go quiet it's because the grumbling has a new thread to home in.

As long as jjp lets people play the game... And it lasts all week... I think jjp will do great. If they only show a mock after all this time... Grab yer pitchforks

#215 7 years ago

Man, if it really is titled "Dialed In" and it is a cell phone type theme, that is going to be very disappointing in terms of theme. The design might have some cool features, and it better if it has any hope of overcoming the theme.

#216 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Man, if it really is titled "Dialed In" and it is a cell phone type theme, that is going to be very disappointing in terms of theme. The design might have some cool features, and it better if it has any hope of overcoming the theme.

That's awesome! You know NOTHING about the game and aren't even sure that "Dialed In" is really the theme but yet you are sure that the theme sucks! LOL!

#217 7 years ago

"Dialed In" I really hope that's a joke, I hate my phone.

#218 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

"Dialed In" I really hope that's a joke, I hate my phone.

Well Pat did design an unlicensed theme based on road construction so a cell phone theme may not be out of line. Hey at least it's not a theme based on other things we hate like going to the Dentist or getting your Prostate checked. lol..

#219 7 years ago

''Dialed In'' really? a cell phone theme, like we don't see enough phones yet?

#220 7 years ago

lol.

new game is called "Bend Over"

no, wait... that is Stern's new slogan for BM66SLE.

#221 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol.
new game is called "Bend Over"
no, wait... that is Stern's new slogan for BM66SLE.

I can see it already. Layout is similar to Funhouse but instead of a head it's a much lower body part. lol..

#222 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This from the Australian JJP distributors Facebook feed:

Unfortunately the picture is from here --> an ebay listing for a dust cover

ebay.com link: STANDARD SIZE DUST COVER PROTECTOR FOR PINBALL MACHINE

Quoted from MikeS:

I can see it already. Layout is similar to Funhouse but instead of a head it's a much lower body part. lol..

And they change the million shot to the Money Shot

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

That's awesome! You know NOTHING about the game and aren't even sure that "Dialed In" is really the theme but yet you are sure that the theme sucks! LOL!

he just said he would be disappointed in the theme. What is going on on Pinside lately? everyone gets so angry over nothing.

#224 7 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

You have some reading comprehension issues, don't ya?

#225 7 years ago

ballon knot multiball.

Power ball stained brown.

#226 7 years ago

I am really excited to see what they show up with, a cell phone theme does kind of sound lame, but someone, like Pat, with a good imagination could probably come up with something pretty cool that likely will surprise us all.

#227 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Pat. Lawlor.

Hell yeah! I keep thinking of WB and wondering/hoping he topped that with his JJP game.

#228 7 years ago

Well, seems like the leaked email was true.

So, expect -

2 way mirror.
4 magnets below criss cross ramps.
Robot arm.
Stop lit inserts before they hit the player.
3 flippers.

#229 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, seems like the leaked email was true.
So, expect -
2 way mirror.
4 magnets below criss cross ramps.
Robot arm.
Stop lit inserts before they hit the player.
3 flippers.

wait...did you just describe a pinball machine or my last girlfriend? lol

Really though...someone please post a pic when this is revealed at expo. Those of us that are otherwise engaged, are going to be needing the info.......after talking to a couple of folks on this project, I really want to see what they were so excited about.

#230 7 years ago

I'm really hoping it's a generic garage band theme (a la Al's Garage Band) with generic music, but includes an option to Bluetooth in the music of the player's choosing through their phone (hence "dialed in").

This way everyone can suddenly turn their Bluetooth on load a band's playlist, and suddenly have their Queen/Maiden/Sabbath/Zeppelin/Nirvana/Tool/Megadeth/Rush/Van Halen/Slayer pin all in one.

"Dialed In" may have more than one meaning. Everyone just assumes it's going to be a cell phone theme pin. Really? What, you think Pat Lawlor is going to design a game where you have to fight between the Verizon/Sprint nerd and the AT&T chick or something? Or maybe you have to hit shots to spell out a late night text to your nagging girlfriend???

I wouldn't be surprised if "Dialed In" means that it interacts with a phone in a small way and perhaps also is a small hat tip to the phrase we always use it as which is a machine that has a ton of good shots that are "dialed in".

#231 7 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I am really excited to see what they show up with, a cell phone theme does kind of sound lame, but someone, like Pat, with a good imagination could probably come up with something pretty cool that likely will surprise us all.

Plus its not like someone came to Pat and said I want you to design a game with a cell phone theme.... this was Pats Idea from inception. Theres also the possibility that the cell theme is a decoy. Either way I'm counting the days. Really wish I could be there.

#232 7 years ago

Whatever phone interaction it has, I hope it's 100% optional, like the Pip-Boy program available for Fallout 4. Cool addon but not necessary at all for play.

#233 7 years ago
#234 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ballon knot multiball.
Power ball stained brown.

Rusty Sheriff's Badge jackpot

#235 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

This would be pretty cool.

#236 7 years ago

Maybe it'll be like my Amazon Echo, where I can shout "Alexa, play Stoff und Schnapps by Lil' Kleine"?

Then I will be boppin und bappin while I play Flipper

Basically, this might work if I can link my Spotify account and it's voice controlled (given that Spotify has already done this)

#237 7 years ago

To me it sounds like an app that connects to your pinball machine to help you dial it in, as in the pitch, switches, etc. Maybe you need to have your machine meet certain criteria in the dialed in app so that you can participate in online matches?

#238 7 years ago

I hope it's not another company sponsored pin

DialSoap (resized).jpgDialSoap (resized).jpg

#239 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I hope it's not another company sponsored pin

That wouldn't sell good with the pinball community. Ever been to a pinball show? I don't think many know what the substance is.

#240 7 years ago

What if the dialed-in theme is about robots and/or computers vs. humans?
That could be appealing I think.

I choose to wait and see before judging.

#241 7 years ago

I hate the 'dialed in' title like most but we haven't seen the pin or how it plays. It's hard... but a positive outlook is good to have. This title could surprise.

#242 7 years ago

Jack said ages ago that he cannot give the name of the pin as it gives away the theme. Dialled in doesn't give much away. So he was either just saying that to shit the person up or maybe dialled in is just a code name?
I guess they wouldn't trademark a code name though.

Robot apocalypse would be awesome.

#243 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

What if the dialed-in theme is about robots and/or computers vs. humans?
That could be appealing I think.
I choose to wait and see before judging.

Well the fact that a robot arm grabs the ball ( rumor ) suggests that it may be.

Some sort of sci-fi, futuristic theme with JJP tech could be very well received.

#244 7 years ago

I think the dialed in feature is going to let you remotely control the games settings. You can adjust game volume, see when the last time it was played. Also I heard a rumor that the sound will increase as ambient noise is increased.

#245 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well the fact that a robot arm grabs the ball ( rumor ) suggests that it may be.
Some sort of sci-fi, futuristic theme with JJP tech could be very well received.

Yep, I've heard very similar rumors. Makes sense. A theme based solely on a cell phone seems a bit strange and limited. Robots/Sci-Fi/Futuristic theme would be a lot better.

#246 7 years ago

So when will this be revealed?

#247 7 years ago

Whatever it is, I'm excited to see it.

#248 7 years ago

No funky applications and videos, no old baggage and magic tricks, just a exciting reveal.

I think JJP is well positioned for my next pin dollars.

#249 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So when will this be revealed?

12 more days!!

#250 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Jack said ages ago that he cannot give the name of the pin as it gives away the theme. Dialled in doesn't give much away.

Quoted from RobT:

Yep, I've heard very similar rumors. Makes sense. A theme based solely on a cell phone seems a bit strange and limited.

What happened to Lawlor officially saying the theme is the third in his original disaster series (Earthshaker/Whirlwind)?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 25.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
There are 1,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-3-to-be-shown-at-expo-in-3-weeks/page/5?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.