images (resized).jpg
Robot arm (resized).jpg
batphone (resized).png
Gen X Rules (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
52f972cd-2bbd-45e8-94fc-3cddbce48214 (resized).jpg
4477085d-a467-4b9a-ba5a-490d6a97eaf1 (resized).jpg
There are 1,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 34.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from Circus_Animal:

Has anyone considered that maybe the reason that JJP will have two machines available is that Pat Lawlor did not design one new game but two? THAT would really steal the show. With all the hype and anticipation, JJP definitely need something huge and unexpected. It would also explain the contradictory rumours (widebody/standard, original/licenced etc) and establish JJP's reputation beyond question if they're both production-ready. It might also explain this conspicuously unnecessary comment:

Why would a pinball company announcee 2 machines at once. Makes no sense.

4 =
Alien
Batman
JJP3
AFMR

#152 7 years ago

Has anyone considered that maybe the reason that JJP will have two machines available is that Pat Lawlor did not design one new game but two?

nope.

next game will likely be from a brand new designer (and I am pumped for that)

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nope.
next game will likely be from a brand new designer (and I am pumped for that)

That could be really cool!

#154 7 years ago

It would also explain the contradictory rumours (widebody/standard, original/licenced etc) and establish JJP's reputation beyond question if they're both production-ready. It might also explain this conspicuously unnecessary comment:

I don't know anything, but I don't think there are contradictory rumors, are there? I was under the impression that standard body and licensed theme where less rumors than the usual wet dreams of some very creative pinsiders. Like the animatronic Smaug that flies around in the pinball machine spewing real fire type of thing...

Didn't LTG just want to point out that one release was forgotten by the prior poster (AFMR or Alien)?

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Stern do it all the time; Batman Premium, Batman LE, Batman Super LE, Batman Ultra-secret-never-to-be-repeated-until-we-feel-like-it-this-is-the-greatest-game-ever LE. Okay, there's a good chance the Batman games will all be the same bar some minor artwork changes, but GOT LE and Pro were different games announced simultaneously.

Quoted from someoneelse:

Didn't LTG just want to point out that one release was forgotten by the prior poster (AFMR or Alien)?

Yes, but LTG is generally quite judicious with what he posts. Minor corrections to other people's posts don't really seem like his thing- especially when said correction is ostensibly favourable to one of JJP's competitors. The two new games thing is extremely unlikely I know, but if JJP wanted to dominate the event, that would definitely be the way to do it.

#156 7 years ago

The I took Lloyd's comment of 4 new pins to include:

1) Stern's next game with LCD -> Aerosmith?? - Stern announced this a month ago
2) BM66 - Stern initially announced it would be ready in Nov, since admitted it would be ready for Expo
3) JJP #3 Lawlor design - JJP announced a few weeks ago
4) Alien - Heighway announced a month ago

If JJP #4 is planned, someone better teach Lloyd how to add. Always watching Pinside anyways, he must be enjoying the suspense.

#157 7 years ago

Minor corrections to other people's posts don't really seem like his thing- especially when said correction is ostensibly favourable to one of JJP's competitors.

There are times I won't make corrections to posts concerning competitors, simply because I do not know. Not working for them, I usually know the same as everyone else here, and can't make an accurate comment about something I know nothing about.

Check out my Facebook pages, lots of shared posts on all three of them for competitors, Stern in particular.

LTG : )

#158 7 years ago

I hope "some guy named Wally" is there for the reveal.

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Because 1 of them is the Lawlor pin and the other is the surprise WOZ sequel pin.

429170_2783152266537_1181083999_n (resized).jpg429170_2783152266537_1181083999_n (resized).jpg

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Because 1 of them is the Lawlor pin and the other is the surprise WOZ sequel pin.

Now this is a WOZ theme I'd like.

#161 7 years ago

It's Alien's time to shine...... many, many anxious to see this, but not a theme for everyone ( that was my vote)

BM66LE- just seems like it's going to be a great, fun, pin, although pricey....certainly a lot of buzz, but again, theme won't appeal to all ( although I love them both)

JJP3- easily the sleeper, as no one ( publicly) knows what it is, other than designed by Lawlor, and original theme...could steal the show, guess it just depends on what is revealed.

I'm not sure about the 4th title ( not " connected" as some here)...hope it's NOT another music pin...no show stealer there, for sure....

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Lol! Love it.

Image if they did a Return to Oz pin. That move creeped me the F out when I was a kid. I was terrified of the Wheelers.

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Lol! Love it.
Image if they did a Return to Oz pin. That move creeped me the F out when I was a kid. I was terrified of the Wheelers.

I remember having nightmares after watching that one as a kid *shiver*... JJP teams up with spooky for RTO.

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you dopnt seem to get it...

He is a shill for Stern. It isn't that he doesn't actually get it, he is intentionally not getting it. Willful ignorance.

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Even if this was a reskin, I'd so buy it all over again.

#166 7 years ago

Has anyone considered the possibility that the reason that JJP will have two machines available is that Pat Lawlor did not design one new game but two?

Although anything is possible, realistically this is not good marketing for sales for any manufacturer during an Expo, unless the same manufacturer can handle the production requirements.
Advertising competing titles within themselves generally results in conflicting sales and loss of income over a short period of time.
Right now, only Stern can conduct these type of actions based on multiple models.
In "days of old", pinball manufacturers always tried to use the flagship title concept (but also only ran one assembly line per title), which remains the standard to this day for everyone BUT Stern for the niche called the pinball coin operated industry.

Keep in mind, right now the market is already "saturating" and manufacturers need to be careful in order to stay in business within the next 12-18 months.
Some might argue that American Pinball is trying to "juggle" between potentially MG and Houdini, but realistically only one title will be "offered" for sale, if at all, based on potential releases.
The other if completed, will be offered on a limited basis.
All manufacturers including Stern need to "step up their game" production wise or face loss of income.
Instant gratification fades fast.

#167 7 years ago

My theory on the reason for two is that they will be networked together. Although Pat did say he had at least 5 ideas he wanted to build out.

#168 7 years ago

You guys are so funny. The reason to bring two games? So that you have two in your booth and more people can play them. Why we immediately start thinking about the second game being a sekrit title or the return of NBA linking just says a lot about our crazy optimism I guess!

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You guys are so funny. The reason to bring two games? So that you have two in your booth and more people can play them. Why we immediately start thinking about the second game being a sekrit title or the return of NBA linking just says a lot about our crazy optimism I guess!

What! You mean Alien can't be linked?

#170 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

While true I'm generally a pretty optimistic person, I really think here its just plain fun to speculate and dream.

#171 7 years ago

Sounds like JJP will have 5 machines there for play and since Pat takes approx two too three years to fully design his machines, I do believe the next machine is getting done by a new designer Pat has been mentoring for quite some time now.

#172 7 years ago

They have expressed that they want to start releasing games much more regularly. It seems to me like they are on their way towards that goal... a solid platform in place so development time doesn't get sucked away for that, two production lines, multiple designers(?)...

Pat said he had something like 5 pins in his head he was excited to pitch / work on, if this one is successful they could have him continue his original theme vision while another designer alternates with licensed games.

One thing JJP so far has nailed down is the adventure theme... WOZ and TH are both based on fantasy/adventure and the games themselves both reflect that feeling of adventure I think better than any other company has managed to do to date. I would now really like to see what they do with other genres. A JJP scifi/space theme is what I hope to someday see.

#173 7 years ago

Damn even Toto looks pissed and ready to bite some ankles!!

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Do you work for or have any affiliation or interest in Stern, its suppliers or distributors?

LOL!

No.

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

They have expressed that they want to start releasing games much more regularly. It seems to me like they are on their way towards that goal... a solid platform in place so development time doesn't get sucked away for that, two production lines, multiple designers(?)...
Pat said he had something like 5 pins in his head he was excited to pitch / work on, if this one is successful they could have him continue his original theme vision while another designer alternates with licensed games.
One thing JJP so far has nailed down is the adventure theme... WOZ and TH are both based on fantasy/adventure and the games themselves both reflect that feeling of adventure I think better than any other company has managed to do to date. I would now really like to see what they do with other genres. A JJP scifi/space theme is what I hope to someday see.

Pretty sure Bond is a done deal. My main hope for that would be that it's something of an anthology, and has hand drawn art.

People keep mentioning muppets / Jim Henson. I'd be cool with that.

Harry Potter, less than zero chance of me ever having any interest.

#176 7 years ago

I'm hyped.

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Pretty sure Bond is a done deal. My main hope for that would be that it's something of an anthology, and has hand drawn art.
People keep mentioning muppets / Jim Henson. I'd be cool with that.
Harry Potter, less than zero chance of me ever having any interest.

What makes you say Bond is a done deal? Cool theme but how do you know?

#178 7 years ago

Three years in the making, I can't wait!

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

What makes you say Bond is a done deal? Cool theme but how do you know?

And which manufacturer? Heighway, jpp..?

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I do believe the next machine is getting done by a new designer Pat has been mentoring for quite some time now.

that is one lucky dude!

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

He is a shill for Stern. It isn't that he doesn't actually get it, he is intentionally not getting it. Willful ignorance.

The funny thing is he thinks no one knows who he is. His original alias, Captain_Kirk, started the Ghostbusters rumor thread on here and bumped it on a daily basis to build hype for it. Then gets banned on June 20th and starts Air_Pinball the same day.

Personally I think it might be an alias of Jared or Jody that is part of their marketing duties at Stern. It's unfortunate Air_Pinball I.e. Jared I.e Jody has to constantly bash Jack and JJP on Pinside whenever they are given the opportunity.

I don't have a problem with them, but seriously, no one is fooled. It's obvious as hell.

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

The funny thing is he thinks no one knows who he is. His original alias, Captain_Kirk, started the Ghostbusters rumor thread on here and bumped it on a daily basis to build hype for it. Then gets banned on June 20th and starts Air_Pinball the same day.
Personally I think it might be an alias of Jared or Jody that is part of their marketing duties at Stern. It's unfortunate Air_Pinball I.e. Jared I.e Jody has to constantly bash Jack and JJP on Pinside whenever they are given the opportunity.
I don't have a problem with them, but seriously, no one is fooled. It's obvious as hell.

Talk about James Bond...

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I don't think it's them - the guy sent me some very crass PM's when I disagreed with him on a few things. We're not talking run-of-the-mill insulting PM's, but the guy saying some stuff about child molesters and everything else, and I severely doubt Jared or Jody would do that.

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I don't think it's them - the guy sent me some very crass PM's when I disagreed with him on a few things. We're not talking run-of-the-mill insulting PM's, but the guy saying some stuff about child molesters and everything else, and I severely doubt Jared or Jody would do that.

Probably exejet

#185 7 years ago

For those of you who want to see Jack's Open House a couple weeks ago!!

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

The funny thing is, you're clueless about pinball. You rant and rave about things that are commonly known. You repeat your Stern bashing like a broken record. You draw the wrong conclusions from questionable "facts".

It's laughable to watch you make a fool of yourself.

#187 7 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I have sent you no such things. Spread your lies elsewhere. You've been reported to the mods.

#188 7 years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing JJP's new game at expo .

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

The funny thing is, you're clueless about pinball. You rant and rave about things that are commonly known. You repeat your Stern bashing like a broken record. You draw the wrong conclusions from questionable "facts".

I am just laughing because you are posting this from a new alias and you think people don't know who you are. Don't you have some JJP bashing to do?

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I am just laughing because you are posting this from a new alias and you think people don't know who you are. Don't you have some JJP bashing to do?

Where's that ignore button.....oh yeah....there it is!

Bye, newbie!

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Bye, newbie!

Come on man.. keep going, you are almost at the up/down vote % you earned with your Captain_Kirk alias. Let's see if it can get even lower

2016-09-27_1133 (resized).png2016-09-27_1133 (resized).png
2016-09-27_1134 (resized).png2016-09-27_1134 (resized).png

2016-09-27_1126 (resized).jpg2016-09-27_1126 (resized).jpg

2016-09-27_1136 (resized).jpg2016-09-27_1136 (resized).jpg

#192 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Bye, newbie!

All you do is pump up Stern and bash JJP. If you are not paid by Stern you are a mega fanboi.

#193 7 years ago

Of all the JJP titles, this one excites me the most. I can't wait to hear what the original theme is.
Too bad I can't make expo. Good thing for Pinside. I'm sure you guys will post about it ASAP.

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

"Stern bashing"? Heck KPG took the time to put together one of the best integrated sound packages for TWD. In fact it was his raving about the game that got me to finally try the thing... despite my complete indifference about the theme and show at the time.
Unlike a lot of us...he has actually contributed to the hobby.

I could care less if you are "Captain Kirk" or whatever but your posts DO share his style: humorless and quick to anger when confronted.

Don't be that guy

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

"Stern bashing"? Heck KPG took the time to put together one of the best integrated sound packages for TWD. In fact it was his raving about the game that got me to finally try the thing... despite my complete indifference about the theme and show at the time.
Unlike a lot of us...he has actually contributed to the hobby.
I could care less if you are "Captain Kirk" or whatever but your posts DO share his style: humorless and quick to anger when confronted.
Don't be that guy

Thanks a lot man.. TWD is one of the best games ever. I actually love my Stern machines and have no reason to bash them, Gary Stern has been cool as hell. I just am calling it as I see it with this guy

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Air Pinball is definitely Captain Kirk, but I don't agree that either of these are Jody or Jared.

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Air Pinball is definitely Captain Kirk, but I don't agree that either of these are Jody or Jared.

On a positive note, I finally got to try out the ignore feature?

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Brings back memories of other duplicate/new accounts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-bad-seller-on-ebay-pin-protectors

#199 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Maybe he's Frank Furhter from RGP all along...

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

On a positive note, I finally got to try out the ignore feature?

ThisIsPinside (resized).jpgThisIsPinside (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-3-to-be-shown-at-expo-in-3-weeks/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.