Topic Stats

• 1,699 posts
  • 384 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mesmashu
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 133 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

oldman (resized).png
90 (resized).jpg
20161014_103854 (resized).jpg
20161014_103851 (resized).jpg
20161014_103902 (resized).jpg
20161014_103915_001 (resized).jpg
20161014_102940 (resized).jpg
f2b (resized).png
images (resized).jpg
Robot arm (resized).jpg
batphone (resized).png
Gen X Rules (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
52f972cd-2bbd-45e8-94fc-3cddbce48214 (resized).jpg
4477085d-a467-4b9a-ba5a-490d6a97eaf1 (resized).jpg

There are 1699 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 34.
#1651 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

What do you get for your money though?
Dialed In MSRP $9k
includes Invisiglass, Shaker, 5 speaker 2.1 sound, head phone jack, 27" LCD, new layout
playable at Expo
B66 Prem MSRP $8.6k
includes No shaker, standard glass, standard speakers, no subwoofer, no headphone jack, new LCD, adjusted BDK layout
not playable at Expo

You forgot one detail.

Batman '66 = great theme

Dialed In = poop

#1652 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

No use to argue with the batman66/stern fanboys that think what they are getting for 9500 is anywhere near what you get in the features , gameplay, quality, innovation , upgrades compared to jjp pin.

You forgot to throw in the 3 year wait.

#1653 2 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

You forgot one detail.
Batman '66 = great theme
Dialed In = poop

Wouldn't that be two details?

#1654 2 years ago

I actually would rather have Dialed In than Batman 66 - to each his own.

#1655 2 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Wouldn't that be two details?

1 detail (Theme)

2 bullet points.

#1656 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I actually would rather have Dialed In than Batman 66 - to each his own.

Yes, but would you rather have Dialed In over Hobbit or WOZ?

#1657 2 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

You forgot one detail.
Batman '66 = great theme
Dialed In = poop

Don't you have a romantic date with Gary to attend to?

#1658 2 years ago

I just took 10 selfie's and don't know what to do with them. Share, delete, or add my them to my high score.

#1659 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Whats with the kiddie crap? Jesus make something cool already, Blade Runner or something Sci Fi/action style.

Toy Story will be interesting... I think it's a good license and good family title but most people that have young kids are in the 25-35 demographic which are less likely to have 9-$10k to spend on a new pin. Pin companies are really targeting the older demographic which has more money and I'm not sure how much nostalgia people in their 40s and 50s have for Toy Story especially if their kids are high school and college aged. Big difference between Batman which is from 1966 vs. Toy Story.

#1660 2 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Yes, but would you rather have Dialed In over Hobbit or WOZ?

Over Hobbit, any day of the week and twice on sunday. Over WOZ, no.... Next to WOZ, maybe, gotta play it.

#1661 2 years ago

How much did the Dialed In signed playfield go for at the silent auction?

#1662 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Toy Story will be interesting... I think it's a good license and good family title but most people that have young kids are in the 25-35 demographic which are less likely to have 9-$10k to spend on a new pin. Pin companies are really targeting the older demographic which has more money and I'm not sure how much nostalgia people in their 40s and 50s have for Toy Story especially if their kids are high school and college aged. Big difference between Batman which is from 1966 vs. Toy Story.

You are forgetting that these are designed with operators in mind first. Toy Story would generate money from a operators perspective.

#1663 2 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

I just took 10 selfie's and don't know what to do with them. Share, delete, or add my them to my high score.

That's a good question. If you don't like how you look in the selfies do you just restart the game? Are there different shots for different filters?

#1664 2 years ago

The use of the camera is optional right?

#1665 2 years ago
Quoted from Arcadebrothers:

You are forgetting that these are designed with operators in mind first. Toy Story would generate money from a operators perspective.

Great point on ops as the theme is perfect. I just don't know many ops that are willing to spend more than $9k on a pin. I think if they could get make a standard model around $7500 it would be a huge hit!

#1666 2 years ago

I agree, pricing has gotten insane.

#1667 2 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

You forgot one detail.
Batman '66 = great theme
Dialed In = poop

We already know Batman Dark Knight was a terrible pin. Despite denials all the way along from Stern, BM66 IS a light reskin of that bad machine. No one was able to play it, so great theme or not, it could still be a steaming pile like BDK.

#1668 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

We already know Batman Dark Knight was a terrible pin. Despite denials all the way along from Stern, BM66 IS a light reskin of that bad machine. No one was able to play it, so great theme or not, it could still be a steaming pile like BDK.

Well, the more we hear from Dialed-In leads us to believe it's going to be a good game, great game? probably not. I agree BDK was terrible but looks like Gomez fixed all the things that made it a bad game, is it going to play like a completely new game? Hell no! But at least the guys buying it aren't going to be hosed. It might actually be an Ok game with the music and clips from the show. Is it 9K or 12K Ok?...Again hell no!

#1669 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Software is huge tho.. that can make the same PF be an entirely different game.

#1670 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Software is huge tho.. that can make the same PF be an entirely different game.

Exactly...thats what Im hanging my hopes on for B66. Price sucks. Art is good. Layout looks OK. Code........In Lyman we trust.

edit: oops, thought I was in the b66 thread

#1671 2 years ago

Lyman did the the dark Knight also

#1672 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yeh, just remembered that.

#1673 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Mic drop.

#1674 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Under different expectations and in a different time.

#1675 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

From day 1, Jack has said he's going to do games for a family demographic. You're not going to get blood, guts or killer robot apocalypses.

Well that sucks.

#1676 2 years ago

It's so cool to have two (plus the smaller ones) manufacturers. I'm looking forward to playing Batman 66, and I played Dialed In and love it so far, so all is well at this point.

#1677 2 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

How much did the Dialed In signed playfield go for at the silent auction?

I believe the final bid was $1,200.

#1678 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

And probably worth every penny after they change the name to something else.

#1679 2 years ago

Such a shame.

An original theme opportunity, wasted on the worst theme of all time. There are few things that turn me off more than smartphone culture, and ringtones. I have WOZ and Hobbit, I'll be giving this a miss.

#1680 2 years ago
Quoted from system11:

Such a shame.
An original theme opportunity, wasted on the worst theme of all time. There are few things that turn me off more than smartphone culture, and ringtones. I have WOZ and Hobbit, I'll be giving this a miss.

Ahh the abundant hyperbole of the interwebz... "worst theme ever" lol

A LOT of people that aren't cranky old fossils like us actually LOVE their tech along with the App Store, etc... it not only won't bother them at all but may actually draw them in. I just suspect this was not primarily aimed at us baby boomers with our usual reliable discretionary spending habits . Except for the price it seems like an awesome location game.

Whether or not this strategy pans out for JJP remains to be seen. NO company wants to hear "people like the product but say they just can't afford it"... so hopefully they will listen and change what they can.

#1681 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

A LOT of people that aren't cranky old fossils like us actually LOVE their tech along with the App Store, etc... it not only won't bother them at all but may actually draw them in. I just suspect this was not primarily aimed at us baby boomers with our usual reliable discretionary spending habits . Except for the price it seems like an awesome location game.
Whether or not this strategy pans out for JJP remains to be seen. NO company wants to hear "people like the product but say they just can't afford it"... so hopefully they will listen and change what they can.

People who love their cell phones don't buy pinball machines, they hold it up and film concerts even though they are there in the flesh, they don't talk to each other but stare at their phones when hanging out, they drink red bull for some pep then go to a Jay Z concert and are just generally lame, so far for me JJP is 3 for 3 on the shit theme list but I'm glad they are making pins and "dialed in" looks fun.

#1682 2 years ago
Quoted from system11:

Such a shame.

It's not a phone theme.

#1683 2 years ago

Really looking forward to some more additions to this game from Pat and the team.

#1684 2 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

It's not a phone theme.

You are correct, Its a shit theme.

#1685 2 years ago

The game is really fun and has a great layout. By far JJP's best game. When the phone is ready it rings until you hit the scoop. Yes, it's a little annoying but makes it all the more satisfying when you hit the scoop to stop that damn ringing(and basically answer the phone to start a mode.)

#1686 2 years ago

Who Dunnit does the same thing. Is it a problem on that game?

#1687 2 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Who Dunnit does the same thing. Is it a problem on that game?

Former whodunit owner here. The phone does standout when it is ringing and it creates a sense of urgency - you want to get the shot and answer it. It is very satisfying when you hit it. Not too hard of a a shot too, at least on whodunnit.

#1688 2 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

It's not a phone theme.

It's a shame this detail needs to be repeated multiple times in every Dialed In thread.

#1689 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

It's a shame this detail needs to be repeated multiple times in every Dialed In thread.

It is a shame but ultimately JJP hasn't ::cough cough:: dialed-in their marketing efforts. The primary message I got from JJP before and during the launch was that it was a Pat Lawlor game and it involved phones somehow.

Stick a phone toy in there plus a guy holding a phone and boom people think "it's a phone game!"

Now obviously we know they've thought the game and it's theme out really well... But they have to message that to people and that's where they've missed the mark. Throw in the sticker shock of $9k and all the angst makes perfect sense. I hope they adjust price by at least $500 and figure out how to promote their games better.

#1690 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

700 for the one in the silent auction on Friday night (I bid it up to 640) Charity and a Good Cause

Pincades
Chicago land JJP Dist.
JT

#1691 2 years ago

Watching the vids, all I can think is: "Will someone please answer the dam phone!"

#1692 2 years ago

Where can I watch the release video? I didn't make expo to see it.

#1693 2 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Where can I watch the release video? I didn't make expo to see it.

YouTube

#1694 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The game is really fun and has a great layout. By far JJP's best game. When the phone is ready it rings until you hit the scoop. Yes, it's a little annoying but makes it all the more satisfying when you hit the scoop to stop that damn ringing(and basically answer the phone to start a mode.)

I'm sure there'll be ringtone options as well.

#1695 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Right, put it on vibrate (shaker)!!!

#1696 2 years ago

I'm just sad

#1697 2 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I'm just sad

I know... we still have 3 weeks until the new game gets revealed

#1698 2 years ago
Quoted from system11:

Such a shame.

oldman (resized).png

#1699 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Probably micro transactions from your phone.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 27.50
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 11,500.00
$ 8,500.00
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, MI
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
Machine - For Sale
Stafford, VA
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dayton, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cumberland, RI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1699 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 34.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside