images (resized).jpg
Robot arm (resized).jpg
batphone (resized).png
Gen X Rules (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
52f972cd-2bbd-45e8-94fc-3cddbce48214 (resized).jpg
4477085d-a467-4b9a-ba5a-490d6a97eaf1 (resized).jpg
There are 1,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 34.
#1601 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

By the sounds of it the Phone is not even the theme of the game - it's the disaster stuff. So why TF did the package it as a phone game?????

The disaster stuff never really got through to me ( only played a few games on it). I just can't unsee the phone ( with a battery life indicator that you have to hit a shot to " charge"....f**k, and iPhone looking icons on it during certain sequences) or the title.

Again, a great looking, well built, and potentially fun machine...just not for me.

#1602 7 years ago

Un-populated playfield pic is up as is some more info about the game at PinballNews.com. Looks pretty cool.

90 (resized).jpg90 (resized).jpg

#1603 7 years ago

I can never use the term "dialed in" again when describing my machines working perfectly.

#1604 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Un-populated playfield pic is up as is some more info about the game at PinballNews.com. Looks pretty cool.

Thax this helps me figure out a few shots and things.... looks like trap door at crazy bobs? Definitely lots great shots and things

#1605 7 years ago

Despite that douche holding his cell phone up, that playfield looks pretty cool.

#1606 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Despite that douche holding his cell phone up, that playfield looks pretty cool.

Yeah, he doesn't seem to fit in right. Everything else looks awesome!

#1607 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

We can make a decal and cover him up.

#1608 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

He's just searching for a signal. Probably so he can refresh Pinside to bitch about his own game.

#1609 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

He's just searching for a signal. Probably so he can refresh Pinside to bitch about his own game.

Lmao

#1610 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Now that was some funny sh*t.

#1611 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

#1612 7 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

I would guess that phone capabilities are a new JJP feature included with Pat Lawler's new pin that has nothing to do with phones besides it being a new JJP feature.
I have no knowledge of anything to do with leaks excect for all the GD pinside rumors.
P.S. * I am currently drunk.
Cheers
PCHOP

I was so f'n wrong it hurts.
I didn't fully believe the leaker bc I though it sounded dumb.

Since the leaker was 100% accurate, I'll start to believe.
JJP #4 Toy Story sounds great and I'm hoping that I'm blown away. See you at Expo 2018 Toy Story.

* I'm currently drunk, again.

#1613 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Hopefully it plays well. Hard to believe price increases in a standard body unless we're getting a ton more in the game that's a widebody which would be strange. Oh well off to title #4. Maybe he just should have made it a new Junkyard version rather than so much tech stuff. JPOP games like more like the style I enjoy at first glance.

Yes maybe the new features as posted will help the game and be neat to see in action.

#1614 7 years ago

The Hobbit standard edition is $8000, I think they should have a Dialed In standard for no more than $7995.

#1615 7 years ago

Would you rather watch ghostbusters or play on your cell phone?

That's why I think this theme is such a huge swing and a miss. If I were the CEO, i would have this game immediately re-themed into Disaster City. Get all traces of the guy holding the cell phone off of the game.

#1616 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Would you rather watch ghostbusters or play on your cell phone?
That's why I think this theme is such a huge swing and a miss. If I were the CEO, i would have this game immediately re-themed into Disaster City. Get all traces of the guy holding the cell phone off of the game.

If you mean the new ghostbusters movie? I would rather play on my cell.

I'm a buyer of JJP (and stern for that matter) games. I have both a woz and a hobbit and had cash in hand for JJP#3 but the name of the game needs to change. I heard someone recommend "Quantum City"? That makes perfect sense. As long as they tone down the cell phone references then I'm good to go. May even be in for a CE version (I like the purple, it's pretty).

#1617 7 years ago

Dialed in is the name of the wizard mode in the game.
Each letter had an insert....will be a PITA to change

#1618 7 years ago

I say leave it Dialed In ... that's what they built and brought to the show. Great to see JJP unveil a new pin like that. Grats!

#1619 7 years ago

thanks Gary

#1620 7 years ago

But seriously this game has too much wrong with it even before you consider the big price. Awful name. Awful artwork. Looks way inferior to the first two games. Builder toy on a stick. Cellphone on playfield that rings.

It will be very interesting to see how Jack handles a failure. Who will he blame ?

#1621 7 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

I was so f'n wrong it hurts.
I didn't fully believe the leaker bc I though it sounded dumb.
Since the leaker was 100% accurate, I'll start to believe.
JJP #4 Toy Story sounds great and I'm hoping that I'm blown away. See you at Expo 2018 Toy Story.
* I'm currently drunk, again.

You said it. I thought 'Dialed In' sounded so stupid there was no way in hell that was the actual name or that it could be a cell phone theme. Well, the leaker was right.

I want to like this thing and wanted this to be my first NIB after seeing WOZ and Hobbit but if I couldn't pull the trigger on those it's not happening here.

Toy Story sounds promising. At least it's a better much better theme than WOZ.

#1622 7 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

It will be very interesting to see how Jack handles a failure. Who will he blame ?

Michelangelo.

#1623 7 years ago

Has anyone started a pre-order club post yet? All these other threads have mostly become bitch fests. It's fine to go ranting about how Jack and Gary are destroying pinball and these games all suck but I'd like to filter that out from more constructive and interesting conversations about the game.

#1624 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's a great idea, but what would the new theme be? And how long would it take to implement? This is way more difficult than you might think considering the amount of hours it would take to re-code the pin for a new theme with new sounds, video clips, etc. Ain't going to happen.

I think the main thing would be naming the pin something else. There have been countless movies and books that have bombed over the years because the title simply did not reflect well enough the content. Dialed In is not working with a very large group of people. I would say 90% of the people have a serious issue with the title. I can't remember the last time there was this much talk around a title. Yes it would cost time/money. But if they don't, it could cost sales. They really could use a crystal ball right now! Not an easy decision either way.

#1625 7 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

Looks way inferior to the first two games. Builder toy on a stick. Cellphone on playfield that rings.

The game shoots and plays very well. The layout is light years better than woz and hobbit and is very refreshing from what we have had lately. The launch shot is cool. This game suffers in the art department and price point. The sim city video screen is uninspired to me as well. I enjoyed playing it. Would I buy at $9k, no way. If they had stuck with the breaking news, faux new reports on the screen, it would have been so much better.

#1626 7 years ago

But you could argue in this case that constructive= move on quickly to game 4. I've never known such a negative response on such a scale for any game.

#1627 7 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

But seriously this game has too much wrong with it even before you consider the big price. Awful name. Awful artwork. Looks way inferior to the first two games. Builder toy on a stick. Cellphone on playfield that rings.

Exactly my thought. I am in the market for a JJP pin or maybe a different high end. I won't just buy the first one that comes along. At this price, it's got to be super good including theme.

I think this would have been better as a disaster or Si-Fi mishap type movie. But as it is, you can't un-ring a bell. This pin is mainly about a cell phone and those other things like scratching off a ticket etc..

#1628 7 years ago

Good points Skins. I agree. They could have sold quite well at just less than 7k. But a machine MUST tick all the boxes at 9k+ these days. It's no good people liking it. Buying is all the counts.

#1629 7 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

But you could argue in this case that constructive= move on quickly to game 4. I've never known such a negative response on such a scale for any game.

I hear you but keep in mind, lawlor was never going to live up to the hype people had in their minds. Did you see some of the ideas people were postulating in this thread? LOL. Splitting playfield, raising playfields, water playfields. No one could every live up to the hype. If jjp listed this game at $7,800-$8,200 and people actually played it, they would have a winner regardless of theme/art. Jjp shot themselves in the foot on 7000 le's at $9,000. Terrible decision. I have to wonder if that was at the insistence of the new partner or if jack truely believed this was the winning sales model.

#1630 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

The layout is light years better than woz and hobbit and is very refreshing from what we have had lately.

That's what we would expect from Pat Lawlor right? His layouts are pure genius.

Quoted from Skins:

This game suffers in the art department and price point.

And that's the bottom line unfortunately.

#1631 7 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

But a machine MUST tick all the boxes at 9k+ these days. It's no good people liking it. Buying is all the counts.

Bingo. That's correct. The margin of error is razor thin when you tip toe into this price bracket.

#1632 7 years ago

After making one correct call after another he has now made a shocking decision. He has got the likely sales way wrong.

#1633 7 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I would say 90% of the people have a serious issue with the title. I can't remember the last time there was this much talk around a title

Experts of Dangerous...?

#1634 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Here's an idea. Call it "Quantum City" like everyone is saying, and have the player be a character that solves catastrophes by dispatching people or drones. Shoot for the right ramp to send in the fire dept, or something like that. Maybe something like R911, but better.
The sim city 90s look needs to go, though. Maybe take a page from the Supergirl show and model some of the flybys and flyovers like that.

Quantum City will be the Add-A-Ball or two-player version. No word yet on the Italian version.

#1635 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

This art package was created in Photoshop, and Momjeans McCellphone is reused all over the art package. It would be really simple to remove him. Honestly, it maybe be minor and superficial, but removing him would give me a bit more interest in this game. The theater, phone, and "Red & Ted" toys on the playfield already give the game character. Momjeans detracts from it all.

#1636 7 years ago

If the shit hit the fan and is was truly a city "disaster" cell phones probably would not be working. Disasters effect cell towers too.

#1637 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

If the shit hit the fan and is was truly a city "disaster" cell phones probably would not be working. Disasters effect cell towers too.

It's a magic cell phone.

#1638 7 years ago

/"magic!"/...

#1639 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

OK so off topic a bit but... Cell towers do well in disasters. In the Christchurch earthquake one of the providers had battery back ups on each tower and they service for a day or two giving them time to get generators out. Since then the other providers have beefed up battery backups. I have more confidence in my cell phone working in a disaster then my land line. They will be slammed with demand but the infrastructure is pretty robust.

#1640 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Momjeans McCellphone

I think we have a winner for the central character's name.

Quoted from Rarehero:

"Red & Ted" toys

I can't get past this. It looks like a Fisher-Price pinball machine. Nobody, I mean nobody, builds a giant robot and then dresses it in overalls and a cap. Make the damn thing look like a robot, not the neighbor working in the yard.

And why the hell is "Ted" holding two lightning bolts? Does he do that in the "comic book"?

#1641 7 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

And why the hell is "Ted" holding two lightning bolts? Does he do that in the "comic book"?

Isn't it because he works for the power company and thats what you do when you work for the power company?

#1642 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Isn't it because he works for the power company and thats what you do when you work for the power company?

Power company workers hold lightning bolts?

If I see someone holding a lightning bolt in a comic book, I am thinking Thor or Zeus, not the local power company worker.

#1643 7 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Power company workers hold lightning bolts?
If I see someone holding a lightning bolt in a comic book, I am thinking Thor or Zeus, not the local power company worker.

Only dead power company workers. I was joking....he's the worst thing on the game IMO. Not sure if I could get over him. You're right, he looks like Zeus in overalls.

#1644 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Only dead power company workers. I was joking....he's the worst thing on the game IMO. Not sure if I could get over him. You're right, he looks like Zeus in overalls.

Overall, the game doesn't look TOO bad, except for Momjeans, Zeus, and Red. For some odd reason, Red bothers me the most as she simply looks so out of place.

It might be a great playing game, but as my wife said: "A pinball machine about cellphones? You have got to be kidding" I would never buy this pin, but am looking forward to the next one from JJP. They are moving in the right direction ... mostly.

#1645 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I just watched some gameplay footage, and his lightning bolts actually light up and flash, which seems like it would look pretty cool in person.

#1646 7 years ago

This game needs a cameo of the "Can you hear me now?" guy that walks across the screen sometimes

#1647 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Toy Story already been started I think...

Whats with the kiddie crap? Jesus make something cool already, Blade Runner or something Sci Fi/action style.

#1648 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Whats with the kiddie crap? Jesus make something cool already, Blade Runner or something Sci Fi/action style.

You are the angriest Canadian I have ever seen. Did your favorite hockey team lose or something?

#1649 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

From day 1, Jack has said he's going to do games for a family demographic. You're not going to get blood, guts or killer robot apocalypses.

#1650 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

From day 1, Jack has said he's going to do games for a family demographic. You're not going to get blood, guts or killer robot apocalypses.

You will once the wife sees what the pin cost.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 91.00
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

There are 1,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-3-to-be-shown-at-expo-in-3-weeks/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.