images (resized).jpg
Robot arm (resized).jpg
batphone (resized).png
Gen X Rules (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
52f972cd-2bbd-45e8-94fc-3cddbce48214 (resized).jpg
4477085d-a467-4b9a-ba5a-490d6a97eaf1 (resized).jpg
There are 1,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 34.
#52 7 years ago

What will be the 4 reveals?

Batman
New JJP Lawlor Pin
Attack From Mars Remake
Alien?

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'll be selling a kidney, most likely.

I wont give up my pins either. Time to think about selling my classic car.

#54 7 years ago

Can't wait to see it, I am having a hard time not pulling the trigger on WOZ. The more I play it out in the wild the more I want to own it.

#55 7 years ago

the-jetsons-1280ajpg-6473d5_1280w (resized).jpgthe-jetsons-1280ajpg-6473d5_1280w (resized).jpg

#56 7 years ago

What are you trying to say vid, TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I hope it's awesome and sells well and proves that original themes are still commercially viable.

If it's too good will probably be my first and last pinball expo......I feel extreme wallet hurt coming on...!!!

#58 7 years ago

Damn I wish I was rich.

#59 7 years ago

Everybody is jockeying in position for the $$$

Add Spooky to the list. They at least need to announce the title.

#60 7 years ago

sucks, new pins are soooo expensive. oh well, looks like I won't be getting out of debt anytime soon.
Happy I make something back on these machines, because it would be a difficult justification otherwise.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Everybody is jockeying in position for the $$$
Add Spooky to the list. They at least need to announce the title.

We know the title...

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

We know the title...

We do? What is it? Seems like both Spooky and JJP are doing Jetsons.

#63 7 years ago

Pie-in-the-sky predictions: the plot is you versus an apocalyptic "killer app" that's taking over the world. I've heard rumors of a robot hand on the playfield, so maybe it's literally player vs machine. "Dialed In" is the name of the software/concept of the machine contacting a cell phone, either a fake one built into the playfield (perhaps like the book in TH, or maybe something near the flippers - it could have a headphone jack and be interactive) or your own phone. Maybe it calls your phone and you listen, via your headphones, to the in-game audio, including a voice that's telling you things, like what shots to shoot, or audio updates on the situation (maybe audio logs - audio log modes?).

Or it could be The Jetsons.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Can't wait to see it, I am having a hard time not pulling the trigger on WOZ. The more I play it out in the wild the more I want to own it.

Honestly, WOZ is amazing and complete! ! Get the WOZ now then if JJP#3 looks good, watch it develop from the sidelones and purchase it later later later on when it too is complete. It really is the best way to live with sanity in this hobby, buying completed games thst is.

#66 7 years ago

I am pretty certain I will get a WOZ one day - regardless of JJP#3.

There will be a JJP 4 and 5 as well - so I'll be dropping 10K for the next few years....

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Wait - hold on - JJP is going to show the machine FIRST before asking for deposits and an application to give you the honor of sending them your cash?
Pretty cool

It's like Opposite Day or something.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's like Opposite Day or something.

I would like an " Opposite Day" at work once in awhile.....think I'll use that phrase to encourage my Staff at team meetings occasionally.....thanks Rob.....

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I wont give up my pins either. Time to think about selling my classic car.

Been thinking about this lately too... plus as an added bonus it would free up garage space.

#70 7 years ago

Oct 13 is shaping up into the most exciting day in pb history from a hobbyist perspective. All of this new tech could have a longterm impact on the prices of all games.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

All of this new tech could have a longterm impact on the prices of all games.

True.

All new games will keep going up, up, up...............

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

All new games will keep going up, up, up...............

That's okay. Our tech support will be worth more, more, more..........................

LTG : )

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

What are you trying to say vid, TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW.

Jetsons is the rumor for Spooky's next title.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

As per Facebook, and just in time for the 55th anniversary!!!!!!

Oh please no

#75 7 years ago

Gonna be an epic expo. Wish I was going.

#76 7 years ago

Imagine this place after multiple reveals!
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Can't wait to peek under the hood so I start learning for tech support.

Pat Lawlor is the Chuck Norris of pinball, his games doesn't need tech support.

#78 7 years ago

I don't believe Jetsons is an original theme. Nor is Sound of music.
By definition; "original" theme = not licensed; right?

Regardless, No one but Multimorphic is getting my hard earned money. It's the only platform IMHO; worth these nutz-oid prices.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Regardless, No one but Multimorphic is getting my hard earned money. It's the only platform IMHO; worth these nutz-oid prices.

Multimorphic is probably jumping up and down. A few years ago, their 10k price seemed nuts! Today, well....it still seems nuts, but at least it's competitive. Is it ever going to go into production tho? I've been playing that thing at shows since 2010!!!

#80 7 years ago

All I'm saying is , everyone should be around for the fire side Chat!
Come see me for the best JJP Dist. Pricing @ Chicago Pinball Expo
Pincades
Chicago land JJP Dist.
Just across the boarder in Indiana
So outside Indiana orders!! NO TAX Delivered !!!
Even you Il residents.

See ya at the Show
JT

#81 7 years ago

The Jetson's, Sound of music, WTF?

5458e1dbe4ec62c7ba68593396f81f8433841ce897284e99ccf769e3f65b1424 (resized).jpg5458e1dbe4ec62c7ba68593396f81f8433841ce897284e99ccf769e3f65b1424 (resized).jpg

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Multimorphic is probably jumping up and down. A few years ago, their 10k price seemed nuts! Today, well....it still seems nuts, but at least it's competitive. Is it ever going to go into production tho? I've been playing that thing at shows since 2010!!!

Their steampunk flippers are the coolest thing I've seen in pinball ... just yet to be convinced by any games they've shown.

They announced their platform way too early imo, and should wait until 4k pf monitor is cost effective for them to do.

#83 7 years ago

I highly suggest anyone thinking of buying JJP#3 to contact Chris at KingPin Games in WI. Chris actually does tons for the pinball community and is amazing at support (I have even seen him help trouble shoot games that other distributors sold to out of staters, so they could get the tax break, and then those distributors dont return calls). At one point he was offering free or reduced shipping for all vets (not sure if still the case but worth checking). Do you research before just buying from a JJP distributor to pick one with good service.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I highly suggest anyone thinking of buying JJP#3 to contact Chris at KingPin Games in WI. Chris actually does tons for the pinball community and is amazing at support (I have even seen him help trouble shoot games that other distributors sold to out of staters, so they could get the tax break, and then those distributors dont return calls). At one point he was offering free or reduced shipping for all vets (not sure if still the case but worth checking). Do you research before just buying from a JJP distributor to pick one with good service.

thanks buddy. i don't care what everyone else says, you are okay in my book.

#85 7 years ago

i think now that we all need to find what all anniversaries (not yours lol) are coming to get the theme of next pins!

#86 7 years ago

Curious, what do people think the time between reveal to ship will be for JJP #3? What's truly incredible for collectors is this. I hand you $10,000 in November of 2016 and you can go get the following NIB (if all dates hold).

Batman 66
Ghostbusters
Alien
TBL
Hobbit
JJP #3
Dominos
Rob Zombie
WOZ
Kiss
Star Trek
Metallica
Full Throttle
Pabst Blue Ribbon
MMR

He who controls the shipping controls the worm. What a year for pinball. Where will your money go?

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from RickThorn:

Where will your money go?

Spiderman (Red), RBION and maybe AFM.

You forgot SM VE in your list, by the way.

#88 7 years ago

I wonder if JJP3 will be actually in production after the reveal or if its going to be 6 months or a year before you can actually get one.

I've been looking forward to seeing what this one is, love Pats games, and combined with a higher build quality, I dont know about the rumored phone theme, but this could be great..

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from RickThorn:

Batman 66
Ghostbusters
Alien
TBL
Hobbit
JJP #3
Dominos
Rob Zombie
WOZ
Kiss
Star Trek
Metallica
Full Throttle
Pabst Blue Ribbon
MMR
He who controls the shipping controls the worm. What a year for pinball. Where will your money go?

If we only itemize software complete games & titles without serious QC issues the list becomes quite a bit shorter

But you're right. Lots of options for a pinballer

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

True...nobody ever had any trouble with a Twilight Zone!

#91 7 years ago

Hey anybody notice that some things get a highlighted underline now? Some game abbreviations or names, and terminology. If you right click on it and select "open link in new tab", it will open a new tab in pinside describing the game. Interesting ... and cool for those abbreviations that I'm not familiar with yet.

#92 7 years ago

I am still waiting for my hobbit (ordered 2012 and fully payed), so even if JJP3 will be the best game ever....I would be stupid to order one!

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I am still waiting for my hobbit (ordered 2012 and fully payed), so even if JJP3 will be the best game ever....I would be stupid to order one!

And that's exactly why JJP needs to finish making all pre-ordered Hobbits from YEARS ago, before making a new pin.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

How did the jokes go?....

A Pat Lawlor game doesn't get nudged, it nudges the planet.

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Multimorphic wasn't incorporated until 2012. Back in 2010, the main focus was building the P-ROC boards for custom game development, then P3-ROC and custom power driver boards, which eventually paved the way to the foundation of P3. Designing a completely new pinball platform is a huge undertaking. People have had fits getting newer systems to support HD graphics and LCDs (as expected in a first take at it). Multimorphic is able to do that with one of the largest displays ever used in a pin plus having interactivity built into the platform. Its quite a bit of data to process and took quite a bit of engineering.

Also, it is true that Heighway and JJP have designed new platforms and those platforms are now out on the market to some extent, but they design such platforms so that their internal teams can design and deploy to them. Multimorphic is designing their platform so that any person or company that expresses interest can develop games for their platform in a manner that most other "non pinball game designers" are familiar with. When designing a "typical" pinball system, you design it so that it runs the current game really well, and you iterate on the platform as your next titles go out. Multimorphic has to design for dozens if not hundreds of different game titles on their first iteration the best that they can. In my opinion, they've really hit the mark and what you're seeing is just the tip of the iceberg.

They're moving nicely toward production, and what I've seen when playing the P3 recently is nothing short of amazing in terms of gameplay/immersiveness and engineering.

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Hey anybody notice that some things get a highlighted underline now? Some game abbreviations or names, and terminology. If you right click on it and select "open link in new tab", it will open a new tab in pinside describing the game. Interesting ... and cool for those abbreviations that I'm not familiar with yet.

pretty sure that's been a feature for years. it's been there as long as i've been posting here.

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I thought this would happen. It has to really to give JJP momentum going forward.

JJP need a winner to survive.
TH sales did not reach expected sales.
Reveals do not constitute the ability to build and ship machines in a timely manner.
All boutiques need to step up their game.

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

And that's exactly why JJP needs to finish making all pre-ordered Hobbits from YEARS ago, before making a new pin.

i believed there was no preorder for JJP#3??

#99 7 years ago

Isn't jjp NOT offering LEs anymore just one version? Could have sworn i read that somewhere.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

They're moving nicely toward production, and what I've seen when playing the P3 recently is nothing short of amazing in terms of gameplay/immersiveness and engineering.

I hope Gerry gets it into production soon. A lot of pins coming out to gobble up $$$.

JJP has always said they won't reveal #3 until they are ready to go into production shortly thereafter, as in a few months. Take orders and then ship ala Stern.

How many Hobbits have they sold? And/or not delivered yet. I don't see why they can't build both at the same time. Time to step it up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.99
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

13,000 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.50
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-3-to-be-shown-at-expo-in-3-weeks/page/2?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.