images (resized).jpg
Robot arm (resized).jpg
batphone (resized).png
Gen X Rules (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
52f972cd-2bbd-45e8-94fc-3cddbce48214 (resized).jpg
4477085d-a467-4b9a-ba5a-490d6a97eaf1 (resized).jpg
There are 1,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 34.
#1151 7 years ago

I just wouldn't be excited seeing that machine in my home.

I hope it plays great, however.

#1152 7 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Crapping all over Stern? WTF? What universe do you live in? This website should be called Sternside with all the Stern nut swingers that are on here. Seriously, people on here were claiming Ghostbusters to be the BEST pin ever!! EVER!!!! And that was before most had even played it.

You've obviously not been to GAP's BM66 thread have you?

#1153 7 years ago

I felt like Pat was an old guy trying to appeal to kids with cell phones who like selfies. Honestly, he just seems to be trying to capitalize on technology and social media buzz words and it comes off like your grandpa trying to be cool.

Time passed him by. It is what it is.

#1154 7 years ago

I would be concerned with my teenager laying their $300-$500 phone on the glass, for the dork behind, to snatch it off.

I'm on my cell phone all day long... when I play pinball, I don't want to use / see my cell phone at all.

Sorry, I'm a HUGE JJP fan, but I'm not getting this. I will reserve final opinion once I play it tho.

#1155 7 years ago

This was JJP's opportunity to show up Stern and they fell flat on their face. 9k or more, are you kidding me? Jack, what are you thinking charging that much for a game like this?

What should have been an exciting day for pinball has turned into a nightmare. Huge fails by both companies. B66 doesn't look too bad, but that price is too high. Who can afford games at these prices? Absolutely ridiculous...

#1156 7 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Right, until 6 months from now and then, they announce a "black arrow" edition for $10K. I'm confused some people are ok with this garbage.

All they did is paint the armor to try to sell the remaining stock. No big deal to me. Price is same as the chrome edition. It's a good tactic rather than lowering prices on the last 750. That would really piss people off.

#1157 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I wonder if it's too late to change the title. I pretty sure that would have changed a lot of people's perception right off the bat including mine.

What would you name it?

Cell Phone Adventure? Call for Help? Flip Phone? Ringer?

#1158 7 years ago

I am glad my game room is full. I'll enjoy the games I have and sit back and watch this mess. WOW

#1159 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I just wouldn't be excited seeing that machine in my home.

And imagine explaining it to your guests? Certainly wouldn't want to mention cost, too embarrassing.

#1160 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think people's issues and concerns with the game have to do with a cell phone of all things being pushed as main attraction and overall theme.

There are so many issues, the cell phone is just the tip of the iceberg. The price, the number of LEs, the looks of the game. Who in their right mind would want this in their game room against so many other options? It's an epic fail before getting out of the gate. This game might just kill JJP unless they've got another game designed up right behind it. I still can't believe that this is what we've all been waiting for.

#1161 7 years ago

could someone please post a page by page of that comic??? my mind is spinning with whats inside. based on the cover of the comic, and the art on the game i bet that comic is some mcdonalds happy meal prize level quality.
does anyone know if that comic is actually being published or is it just a promo for those in the room?

#1162 7 years ago

I love my Hobbit even more now, and all I can say is that WOZ is a masterpiece!

#1163 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's hard to believe these guys stand up there and say this shit with a straight face.
I mean, I know a lot of heart and passion went into making the game and nobody likes there efforts crapped on but seriously, I'm stilling trying to process what i just saw.
At the end it was like a balloon pop with Jack talking about the pricing and how great it was.
It's somewhat insulting that these guys really think we are that stupid. It's one thing to be stupid from time to time but to think people are going to line up and keep dropping $9k plus again and again.
These people have lost their F ing minds!

The sad thing is there are people that WILL buy it.......they have more money than common sense and just want shiny and new and can afford that. This has continued over and over for the last 7 years. Prices keep going up with NO ADDED VALUE and people keep paying because they want the latest and greatest shiny and new thing. If people quit buying games at these prices it will readjust.

The manufacturers also know the collector market and there are plenty of people paying big money for A list games........The price increases we have seen over the last 7 years are ridiculous and there is no added value. We now have new games selling for over 2X of what a NIB cost 5-7 years ago........I would like to know what is the added value/cost going into the recent new titles to justify the 100% cost increase.........unfortunately the the answer is nothing.

#1164 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

What would you name it?

Name it Quantum City, get rid of the ridiculous focus on cell phones, replace cell phone toy with a mechanical head, tweak it to be Road Show 2, and I'm on board.

#1165 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The game seems to fully have that Pat Lawlor look to it which I think is great.

I think that actually works against it. It looks so dated. And that music is so cheesy.

It's not 1992 anymore. Strike one. Then there's the title - strike two.

I'm really disappointed- Pat had total freedom and this is the result? A game about a cellphone? It's like "Old Man is Scared and Confused by Kid These Days The Pinball".

It's like George Lucas and the prequels. "It's so DENSE."

#1166 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

What would you name it?

oh i dont know...maybe...QUANTUM CITY ya know, the mega hip city of the future where its radical to take a selfie

#1167 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I felt like Pat was an old guy trying to appeal to kids with cell phones who like selfies. Honestly, he just seems to be trying to capitalize on technology and social media buzz words and it comes off like your grandpa trying to be cool.
Time passed him by. It is what it is.

Unfortunately I think you're 100% correct and it sucks. This feels like when the local news uses hashtags.

#1168 7 years ago

I feel just like I walked out of the theater watching Star Wars Episode 1. Years of anticipation and excitement....for this. Very disappointed. That theme is so bad, i would not be interested at even half the price. Bring on JJP #4 hopefully James Bond.

#1169 7 years ago

Did I miss anything? Did somebody say they unveiled Quantum Leap pinball?

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#1170 7 years ago

Serious advice to Jack. Rename this thing to Quantum City, and get rid of the dumbass cell phone from the playfield or this will flop BIG TIME. It looks to be salvageable, but the name and cell phone shit has to go.

#1171 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

What would you name it?

How about calling it "Quantum City"? That's loads better than "Dialed In", and it would have helped the perception of the game slightly (but only slightly as the theme is just not very inspired...)

EDIT: Other pinsiders beat me to it!

#1172 7 years ago

So, no license should mean lower price, as nothing needs to be paid out of house, but instead we get a smaller game (non-wide body), a terrible theme imo, and cheesy toys like a mick on a stick that looks like something a toddler would play with, all with a a much heftier price tag. I love you jjp, but if this is all you have coming out for a while, you are in trouble.

#1173 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

What would you name it?

You must have missed the previous post. PanzerFreak said call it Quantum City. That's a good title. Put the cell phone angle to the side.

We need to gather our Pinside clout and get that title changed. For some people the damage is done with the reveal of Dialed In but changing the title to Quantum City or something similar could really save the game. Get it changed like we did with the art on Hobbit, like we did with the art on GOT. Do it to make the world a better place!

tumblr_ndwsss7L7F1u23akho1_400.giftumblr_ndwsss7L7F1u23akho1_400.gif

#1174 7 years ago

I like the cabinet and new platform, and normal form factor. Even the alternate world and disasters theme is good. But would prefer this be called "Quantum City" and take out the focus on the phone. And WTF do I want to flip from my phone? Just a stupid gimmick.

Man, they should have got some early feedback on this one and evolved the design before going so far to do the reveal.

#1175 7 years ago

whats with the palm pilot on the playfield?

#1176 7 years ago

I don't mind the phone, but the name is awful. And the phone shouldn't be the focus.

Christ, what a horrible theme.

#1177 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Get it changed like we did with the art on Hobbit,

Have you seen the latest Hobbit version? It looks sweet!

#1178 7 years ago

We said Disaster Theme NOT a DISASTER of a Theme.

#1179 7 years ago

The cell phone on the playfield is not a big problem really. It's just another toy. It's likely just an LED screen that they can play some animations from.

#1180 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

What would you name it?

I'd be calling the Fallout guys and reworking that cell phone into a Pip-Boy with all new Fallout artwork. Or just rip the theme and call it Robots and Mutants Nuclear Holocaust.

#1181 7 years ago

I can see Pat before the unveiling...

Cool (resized).pngCool (resized).png

#1182 7 years ago

Serious question, did the team actually discuss this theme at all? Not a single person, at any time in the last two plus years pulled Pat aside and said "maybe we should call it something else"?

#1183 7 years ago

Well, go to Heighway's site and check out the Alien LE promo video.

Iconic Theme

Less $$$

Blows the stupid cell phone thing away

Not how i saw this whole thing going

I'm back on the Andrew train

#1184 7 years ago

Hhhm, maybe those guys over at the pinball bubble thread are actually onto something this time...

#1185 7 years ago

He bragged about adding room to the cabinet saying that mechs could go as deep as they wanted. Then he reveals a game with nothing that looks to take advantage of that. So weird.

#1186 7 years ago

So sorry Jack, but I'm just not feeling this one.

The theme, the production numbers and the price means I won't be on board for number 3.

#1187 7 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Man, they should have got some early feedback on this one and evolved the design before going so far to do the reveal.

I just felt so bad once the camera panned down to reveal the title. You can see everyone who works for JJP is passionate and hard working but it's just a miss with the focus on phones. It's like a pin theme focused on pencils or beds. A phone is just a tool today that is nothing interesting by itself.

#1188 7 years ago

Well, my money's safe so far, back to perusing Craigslist...

#1189 7 years ago

This might be the nail in the coffin for original themes... damn, we could have been onto something here!

Is someone really going to be brave enough to try again now?

#1190 7 years ago

This is a sad day. This game could kill JJP which would be terrible for the hobby. I really can't see more than a few hundred selling to die hard JJP fans. Unless I'm missing something, they really missed the boat on this one. Hopefully, JJP has another game on deck that they can move out quickly. Just consider this their WWE and move on.

#1191 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

He bragged about adding room to the cabinet saying that mechs could go as deep as they wanted. Then he reveals a game with nothing that looks to take advantage of that. So weird.

Agreed, very weird.......I don't get it

#1192 7 years ago

BM66 + Dialed in + stupid prices = fuck pinball

#1193 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, go to Heighway's site and check out the Alien LE promo video.
Iconic Theme
Less $$$
Blows the stupid cell phone thing away
Not how i saw this whole thing going
I'm back on the Andrew train

This and get both Heighway games for close to the same price as JJP 3.

#1194 7 years ago

A theme that truly targets today's vapid, cellular telephone-obsessed kidiots in ways that no other manufacturer has yet dared to do!

I only hope that future code updates include the ability to automatically post status updates to Friendster, MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or whatever the social media du jour may be.

That said, I'd drop a buck into it if I ever saw one out in the wild. Though if the "ringer" soundtrack is activated, I may scramble to locate the power switch.

#1195 7 years ago

Looks like pinside is getting back up to speed now. Something must have cleared the room.

#1196 7 years ago

Is it pager friendly?

qSNaWz (resized).pngqSNaWz (resized).png

#1197 7 years ago

What a sad 24 hours for pinball. So much potential and just shit

At least my money will be safe until maiden.

One could almost get an aliens and ft for the price of a stern or jjp.

#1198 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

As he talked about that, I was thinking, is space under the playfield really a problem? Just do the reveal already!

I thought the whole presentation was a disappointment. Maybe it plays better than it looks, but not off to a good start. Honestly, so far I think WoZ was their best title and downhill after that.

#1199 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Looks like pinside is getting back up to speed now. Something must have cleared the room.

Yeah, I could barely access until about 20 minutes ago.

#1200 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Unless I'm missing something...

Actual experience of playing the game?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 34.99
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-3-to-be-shown-at-expo-in-3-weeks/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.