images (resized).jpg
Robot arm (resized).jpg
batphone (resized).png
Gen X Rules (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
52f972cd-2bbd-45e8-94fc-3cddbce48214 (resized).jpg
4477085d-a467-4b9a-ba5a-490d6a97eaf1 (resized).jpg
There are 1,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 34.
#1101 7 years ago

Wow. I guess a gameplay vid is in order, maybe it's fun, but wtf?? That is extremely disappointing.

#1102 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

as Jack full of shit with the 1-6,999 "LE"s? WTF

I am completely serious when I say that I thought that was a joke that Jack was making. People in the room literally laughed out loud.

Then I realized they were 100% serious. JJP loses credibility with this stuff. 7000 is "limited?" In what universe?

#1103 7 years ago

High res pics now up!

http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/games/

dialied-in-1 (resized).jpgdialied-in-1 (resized).jpg

#1104 7 years ago

Alien video is up - looks pretty good; I really don't like the rotating airlock/queen a la BDK Joker but it does seem to change the game play for that mode. at least there's no damn crane. The habitrails look really cool

#1105 7 years ago

Wow the prices are gonna put a lot of people out of the hobby. What a joke

#1106 7 years ago

Maybe D&B committed to buy 6k units...only way the LE is selling out

#1107 7 years ago

The up close playfield pic makes it look much more interesting that the stream did. Looks like it'd be fun to play.

#1108 7 years ago

LE limited to 6,999 until Jan 2016, then I make a red version, limited to 4,999 and then in August 2016, a black version, 999 made and only $15,000.

What a total joke this hobby has turned into.

#1109 7 years ago

This is the beginning of the end I think.

$9k for a 6,999 LE pin and $12.5k for something else i don't get.

We have officially arrived into Sharknado territory.

Heighway has be doing backflips with Alien at that price.

Like Bill Paxton said in the movie, "its game over man, game over"!!!!

#1110 7 years ago

Regardless of what the game looks like, it's theme, music, etc big kudos to JJP for unveiling a fully completed game, immediately posting pics / info about it on their website (redesigned) and announcing that final code for The Hobbit will be online tonight. Those are all signs of JJP maturing and growing as a company.

#1111 7 years ago

How about the black version of TH or whatever the F that was?

Agree with many others, the hobby has quickly turned into a big F ing joke.

#1112 7 years ago

Man just not getting me excited in any way unfortunately refund deposit email already sent.....dang I'm bummed

#1113 7 years ago

When I heard it was a disaster theme they couldn't have been more right! What a disaster!

#1114 7 years ago

Custom Dialed In toppers, $1250. PM me to get on waiting list

Modem-usr-courier-v34-front-online (resized).jpgModem-usr-courier-v34-front-online (resized).jpg

#1115 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Regardless it looks like a far better "value" (still insane prices) at 9k versus $8500+ for a Batman 66 premium (let alone $10k for an LE, $15k for SLE).

Totally agree there and it will probably be a good layout and if Keith is coding, good software but the central theme being a cell phone is pretty lame. That feels like something from the 90s when cell phones were a novelty. Still think they should have focused on the superhero angle with the cell phone as a neat side feature.

It also hurts that the art seems more serious than the classic Lawlor pins. If it would have been more of a joke cell phone theme it might have been cool.

#1116 7 years ago

Even if the pin plays well, based on the sounds that I heard, I don't think I could get over them. Pretty annoying stuff.

#1117 7 years ago

I was a little disappointed in the theme as well, but I still hope it is so bad that it's good. Sort of like Junkyard, just a weird theme that is fun as hell to play. I'm out anyways at $9k so it doesn't matter what I think, but I am still hopeful that it's fun.

#1118 7 years ago

This is what 2 yrs working on a pin looks like? Soooo 2yrs ago!

#1119 7 years ago

Hold the phone ,I (pass).

#1120 7 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Sort of like Junkyard, just a weird theme that is fun as hell to play.

Yeah, Dialed In might provide the same amount of fun as Junkyard, but for 4 times the price.

#1121 7 years ago

What the.......

#1122 7 years ago

It's hard to believe these guys stand up there and say this shit with a straight face.

I mean, I know a lot of heart and passion went into making the game and nobody likes their efforts crapped on but seriously, I'm stilling trying to process what i just saw.

At the end it was like a balloon pop with Jack talking about the pricing and how great it was.

It's somewhat insulting that these guys really think we are that stupid. It's one thing to be stupid from time to time but to think people are going to line up and keep dropping $9k plus again and again.

These people have lost their F ing minds!

#1123 7 years ago

Love the look of it, well done Youssi...theme is interesting and quirky, I'm sure it will shoot great as well. Looking forward to seeing the ruleset.

#1125 7 years ago

and now, back to the Batcave!

#1126 7 years ago

More pics now up on PinballNews.com. The game seems to fully have that Pat Lawlor look to it which I think is great. I think this is a game that needs to be played in person to full appreciate and understand before declaring it a disaster, lol. Let's give it a chance.

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2016/index.html

54a (resized).jpg54a (resized).jpg
55a (resized).jpg55a (resized).jpg

#1127 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I am completely serious when I say that I thought that was a joke that Jack was making. People in the room literally laughed out loud.
Then I realized they were 100% serious. JJP loses credibility with this stuff. 7000 is "limited?" In what universe?

If 7000 is limited to JJP, nobody should be bitching about 80 SLE's over at Stern.

#1128 7 years ago

I don't know about everyone else here. I enjoy video games on the rare occasion, but I play pinball because I like to... well JJP said it pretty well...

jjpwozbanner (resized).JPGjjpwozbanner (resized).JPG

I hope this isn't the future for all JJP games. Controller in hand + HDTV in front of me. In a way this feels less like a pin, and more of an Xbox game with a playfield in the way.

#1129 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yeah, Dialed In might provide the same amount of fun as Junkyard, but for 4 times the price.

Yeah, pretty steep. I'll only get to play it at shows if ever.

#1130 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's hard to believe these guys stand up there and say this shit with a straight face.
I mean, I know a lot of heart and passion went into making the game and nobody likes there efforts crapped on but seriously, I'm stilling trying to process what i just saw.
At the end it was like a balloon pop with Jack talking about the pricing and how great it was.
It's somewhat insulting that these guys really think we are that stupid. It's one thing to be stupid from time to time but to think people are going to line up and keep dropping $9k plus again and again.
These people have lost their F ing minds!

When he started building toward the price, I was thinking he was going to seriously undercut Stern's prices to thunderous applause. I still think even this game has more value than Stern's B66 prices though.

I'm not up on JJP pricing. Are these prices a raise from WOZ and Hobbit?

#1131 7 years ago

OH MY GOD I am so let down. Time to crawl in a hole and cry

#1132 7 years ago

When he said "How much would you pay for this" I thought he was going to salvage the train-wreck by saying $7K. But when he went $9K and $12.5K he exposed how clueless both he and Pat are.

A cell phone theme where the biggest feature is playing from your phone? Who the hell wants to do that. "No game has ever had this technology in it before!" Um, yeah...maybe there's a reason for that. DUMB IDEA!

Pat hasn't made a great game since he moved to Stern (my opinion) but I hoped this was his return to glory. On the contrary, he seems to have continued his slide. The King has OFFICIALLY left the building.

#1133 7 years ago

Pat is my favorite designer, but....

Well...

I guess I'm glad pinball has a new "B" title.

#1134 7 years ago

Hmmmmm, looks very similar.

DialedIn (resized).jpgDialedIn (resized).jpg

SternGhostbusters19 (resized).jpgSternGhostbusters19 (resized).jpg

#1135 7 years ago

THIS is what I've seen so many posts from people saving their money for while crapping all over Stern? WTF?

#1136 7 years ago

I'm still wondering if what I saw in that stream was serious or I drank too much. I definitely didn't have enough to want to take that pin home for 12.5k.

#1137 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

If 7000 is limited to JJP, nobody should be bitching about 80 SLE's over at Stern.

Well the 7K is what they will total plus the collector's editions. There's no standard unlimited edition like Stern's premium. If they sold 7K though, that would be one of the best sellers of today. I don't think that's gonna happen.

#1138 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Totally agree there and it will probably be a good layout and if Keith is coding, good software but the central theme being a cell phone is pretty lame. That feels like something from the 90s when cell phones were a novelty. Still think they should have focused on the superhero angle with the cell phone as a neat side feature.
It also hurts that the art seems more serious than the classic Lawlor pins. If it would have been more of a joke cell phone theme it might have been cool.

I agree 100% about going for the super hero angle. The cell phone toy should have been just that, a toy, not the central theme of the game. I think people's issues and concerns with the game have to do with a cell phone of all things being pushed as main attraction and overall theme.

Pat mentioned that Quantum City is a fictional city in the game and I think that would have been a far better title for the game then "Dialed In".

#1139 7 years ago

Thank goodness I'm not reading this on my cell phone, because I'd fling it across the room like a monkey throwing poop. I... I... I'm disappointed that the rumor was true. Years ago when i heard Pat was coming back, I was so excited. Now I'm not. Dude, what the hell is this? I guess it isn't a joke. Somebody bring in some fresh blood designers, please.

Seriously, you want me to drop 9k on that? A cell phone themed game? I'm a disappointed JJP supporter. I was hoping for better. You better "dial in" to the check I won't be sending.

#1140 7 years ago

If I'm playing it from my phone how do I nudge the game? Ugh...

#1141 7 years ago

Ok. Chicago Games reproduction game just got a huge boost.....if they can hit 7k with their next round.....that's starting to look like a bargain.

I'm fortunate to do pretty well... but these prices are completely out of control now....

#1142 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

THIS is what I've seen so many posts from people saving their money for while crapping all over Stern? WTF?

Crapping all over Stern? WTF? What universe do you live in? This website should be called Sternside with all the Stern nut swingers that are on here. Seriously, people on here were claiming Ghostbusters to be the BEST pin ever!! EVER!!!! And that was before most had even played it.

#1143 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Pat mentioned that Quantum City is a fictional city in the game and I think that would have been a far better title for the game then "Dialed In".

I wonder if it's too late to change the title. I pretty sure that would have changed a lot of people's perception right off the bat including mine.

#1144 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Well the 7K is what they will total plus the collector's editions. There's no standard unlimited edition like Stern's premium. If they sold 7K though, that would be one of the best sellers of today. I don't think that's gonna happen.

Right, until 6 months from now and then, they announce a "black arrow" edition for $10K. I'm confused some people are ok with this garbage.

#1145 7 years ago

"Dialed In"

Why?

Was the comic book thing a jab at Stern and Batman?

If so, an epic fail.

Man I love JJP quality but seriously, no way here

240 Batman LE's is the only thing that even gets you to consider dropping $9500

$9k for an unlimited run of an awful theme?

No thanks

#1146 7 years ago

When you are a relatively new company like jjp, you can't afford a flop like this. This could be the beginning of the end for them.

#1147 7 years ago

Pretty awful.

Maybe they will spend a year redoing it like with hobbit?

#1148 7 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Right, until 6 months from now and then, they announce a "black arrow" edition for $10K. I'm confused some people are ok with this garbage.

Black arrow is the same price as the other ones. Its not 10k. Get your facts straight.

#1149 7 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Stern nut swingers

I want that on a shirt.

#1150 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I wonder if it's too late to change the title. I pretty sure that would have changed a lot of people's perception right off the bat including mine.

Yeah. Quantum City is 100x better for a title than 'Dialed In' Dialed in sounds like the name of the specific, patent-able tech, 'Quantum City' sounds like a game I'd want to play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.99
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-3-to-be-shown-at-expo-in-3-weeks/page/23?hl=ercvacation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.