images (resized).jpg
Robot arm (resized).jpg
batphone (resized).png
Gen X Rules (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
52f972cd-2bbd-45e8-94fc-3cddbce48214 (resized).jpg
4477085d-a467-4b9a-ba5a-490d6a97eaf1 (resized).jpg
There are 1,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 34.
#1051 7 years ago

Seems like its geared towards children, then again that seems to be the JJP way, I like that it has a futuristic vibe but otherwise this is not going to make any kind of dent in Stern Batman66 sales that's for sure.

#1052 7 years ago

Pics on their site are much better than that low-res, shaky cam stream.

dialed-in-2 (resized).jpgdialed-in-2 (resized).jpg

#1053 7 years ago

Think i am going to go play GB now

#1054 7 years ago

I need some better gameplay videos and firsthand impressions. Initial impressions are meh, especially after those prices were laid out.

#1055 7 years ago

Pat's going to wind up living under a bridge with the guy that invented New Coke!

#1056 7 years ago

Anyone have any good pictures they can put up? I play pins to get away from my cell phone!

#1057 7 years ago

It reminds me of handy manny kid show with the music and the little guy with a hardhat. This really blows me away that pat came up with this.

#1058 7 years ago

The music is too much of a throw back.

#1059 7 years ago

The prices of new games from both Stern and JJP are a fucking joke. It's killing the hobby IMO. Should make the second hand market much more liquid though.

#1060 7 years ago

Summary of the show so far...a shitty, ugly Batman gloss over and a effen cell phone game. Yay, I just saved anywhere from $18000 - 25000 in 24 hours.

#1061 7 years ago

Daddy, where you there the day JJP died?

#1062 7 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1063 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I noticed the applause in the room was kind of quiet and short...

Indeed

#1064 7 years ago

Layout seems similar to RS?

#1065 7 years ago

Wow.

Pat is the man but in what planet was this the best original idea they came up with?

#1066 7 years ago
Quoted from jbrady65tv:

Summary of the show so far...a shitty, ugly Batman gloss over and a effen cell phone game. Yay, I just saved anywhere from $18000 - 25000 in 24 hours.

Neither shitty or ugly.

#1067 7 years ago

I think I'll pass.

#1068 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Seems like its geared towards children, then again that seems to be the JJP way, I like that it has a futuristic vibe but otherwise this is not going to make any kind of dent in Stern Batman66 sales that's for sure.

It seems like too much of a 90s-era theme. It seems dated for 2016.

Who dunnit music and sim city on the display. I'm not terribly excited thus far

#1069 7 years ago

Good luck with that Jack, you will need it.

#1070 7 years ago

I guess I am naive. Once the announced the price at 9k I thought that was the limited addition and they would be introducing a players game for 6k. Not the 12k "no pin for you addition" but hey if you can afford it more power to you.

#1071 7 years ago

Hopefully they have some gameplay videos - ASAP!

I really wanted this to blow us away - and it did ! ... but I dont' think in a way that was intended. WOZ is one of the most amazing pins I've ever seen - even Hobbit is pretty incredible and a great show-off pin. But man I am confused about this. TAF and TZ (and FH... and RoadShow... etc) are some of my favorites ever. So I want this to be great... Please someone wake me up! I'm having a nightmare

#1072 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

The prices of new games from both Stern and JJP are a fucking joke. It's killing the hobby IMO. Should make the second hand market much more liquid though.

Huge turnoff.

$15k for a BM66 SLE, and $12.5k for CE Dialed In.

#1073 7 years ago

"Jesus, Pat, I didn't mean 'disaster theme' literally!"

#1074 7 years ago

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 9.10.00 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-10-13 at 9.10.00 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 9.09.50 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-10-13 at 9.09.50 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 9.09.44 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-10-13 at 9.09.44 PM (resized).png

#1075 7 years ago

I wouldn't write off the game before playing it, but the layout definitely doesn't look like anything special- is this the first time Lawlor has ever done a fan?

#1076 7 years ago

I really wanted this to blow us away - and it did ! ... but I dont' think in a way that was intended. WOZ is one of the most amazing pins I've ever seen - even Hobbit is pretty incredible and a great show-off pin. But man I am confused about this. TAF and TZ (and FH... and RoadShow... etc) are some of my favorites ever. So I want this to be great... Please someone wake me up! I'm having a nightmare

#1077 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Huge turnoff.

$15k for a BM66 SLE, and $12.5k for CE Dialed In.

#1078 7 years ago

Wow, what a DUD that was.

Holy crap, BM66LE is a f ing bargain!

Was Jack full of shit with the 1-6,999 "LE"s? WTF

He says, "I bet i sell every one of them".

$9k for that. I'm willing to be open minded but WTF again, that theme is AWFUL.

Next, has anybody seen Alien yet.

#1079 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It seems like too much of a 90s-era theme. It seems dated for 2016.

It is dated. Just like Lawlor.

#1081 7 years ago

OK, after I breathed a bit more, the game does look fun as hell. Just super odd theme and questionable pricing...

#1084 7 years ago

Meanwhile, over the last 30 minutes, people remembered Pat's opening joke about not making a wrestling theme, and promptly used their money saved for this to buy the rest of Stern's WWELE stock.

#1085 7 years ago

Disappointing. Don't mind the theme exactly but the voicing and music is too juvenile. Obviously can't say anything about gameplay. Phone control is a gimmick that is fun once then why do it again?

Pricing kills it for me (even though I just bought a Hobbit for low 8s). Time to revisit the older B/W pins...

#1086 7 years ago

I'm really surprised at how bad the theme is. Jack might as well just take the write down on the balance sheet now and move on to the next game. Wow that's bad.

#1087 7 years ago

Well so far both reveals today are not very appealing especially for the ridiculous prices. Alien and the afmr are looking like the show winners especially aliens......

#1088 7 years ago

Wow, what a DUD that was.

Holy crap, BM66LE is a f ing bargain!

Was Jack full of shit with the 1-6,999 "LE"s? WTF

He says, "I bet i sell every one of them".

$9k for that. I'm willing to be open minded but WTF again, that theme is AWFUL.

Next, has anybody seen Alien yet.

#1089 7 years ago

Just got done playing it. I sucked, of course, but the game has a ton of potential. Lots to shoot at.

#1091 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Couldn't agree more. This reminds me of the scene in Office Space where the guy showed the "Jump to Conclusions" game....

#1093 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Couldn't agree more. This reminds me of the scene in Office Space where the guy showed the "Jump to Conclusions" game....

#1094 7 years ago

It looks like a Stern. The picture posted above by Yoko2una shows better detail. It's funny how some of you watched a horrible quality video and came to the conclusion that the game looks and plays awful. Too funny. Why not actually play the game and see if it is a good or bad game at that point? The theme doesn't make since to me on first look but I wonder if some of you would have said the same thing when pins like Road Show were revealed. A theme about road construction? Come on, how lame!! Some people here amaze me that they call themselves pinball fans!

#1095 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Dialed In Limited Edition, 7,000 units, $9000
Dialed In Collector's Edition, built to order, $12,500

That's it. I'm done. No more Stern or JJP games. I bought the first two JJP and planned on this one f it was reasonable, but this is too much. Spooky gets my NIB money from here on out.

I like the playfield and am excited about the new theme - Pat and crew will make this a fun game I think, but I refuse to pay these prices for games.

#1096 7 years ago

Maybe this is supposed to cater to the Mellinials??

#1097 7 years ago

The playfield, art, and graphics look pretty cool. I understand the title is pinball reference but it's a really bad title. On route that's the first thing you'll see and it's a complete turn off. I like the idea that the game is a limited run but they probably should have cut it in half. 7k+ would put this pin as one of the best sellers of today.

I didn't have any hype when it was rumored to be a cell phone theme. Then I thought it surely wouldn't be a cell phone theme. That's probably just a feature. Kind of disappointed that the rumors were spot on. They should have focused the theme on the superhero angle and just made the cell phone a neat side feature.

Looking forward to the Alien reveal.

#1098 7 years ago

The 6,999 LE count is a joke. I thought 1k for WOZ and 1.5k for Hobbit was a lot but 7k is ridiculous. I don't know about this one. I think to properly judge the game you need to see and play it in person. Regardless it looks like a far better "value" (still insane prices) at 9k versus $8500+ for a Batman 66 premium (let alone $10k for an LE, $15k for SLE).

#1099 7 years ago

Well, I can honestly say I could not have hated the theme more. Wow. I guess a gameplay vid is in order, maybe it's fun, but wtf?? That is extremely disappointing.

#1100 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

as Jack full of shit with the 1-6,999 "LE"s? WTF

I am completely serious when I say that I thought that was a joke that Jack was making. People in the room literally laughed out loud.

Then I realized they were 100% serious. JJP loses credibility with this stuff. 7000 is "limited?" In what universe?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 24.50
$ 91.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-3-to-be-shown-at-expo-in-3-weeks/page/22?hl=t2play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.