New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 169274)

JJP game 3 to be shown at EXPO in 3 weeks

By waltgman

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,699 posts
  • 384 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mesmashu
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 133 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

oldman (resized).png
90 (resized).jpg
20161014_103854 (resized).jpg
20161014_103851 (resized).jpg
20161014_103902 (resized).jpg
20161014_103915_001 (resized).jpg
20161014_102940 (resized).jpg
f2b (resized).png
images (resized).jpg
Robot arm (resized).jpg
batphone (resized).png
Gen X Rules (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
52f972cd-2bbd-45e8-94fc-3cddbce48214 (resized).jpg
4477085d-a467-4b9a-ba5a-490d6a97eaf1 (resized).jpg

There are 1699 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 34.
#751 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's like the cheapest news you're gonna get this weekend.

F'n pinball pisses me off so much now

A NIB line up now costs as much as a midwest F'n investment property with a got dayum property manager

#752 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's like the cheapest news you're gonna get this weekend.

What about Spiderman Home edition?

#753 4 years ago

Wasn't there a picture from a year or two back of Pat & another developer in his garage with a sheet over the game? Looks like the same general size as then. I'm personally hoping for a vertical playfield or other active gameplay features as opposed to a big LCD.

#754 4 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

What about Spiderman Home edition?

I need my games to be able to take coins. Otherwise how can I recoup my investment?

#755 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Rhymes with Hazoff!

I did win a tournament.

hqdefault (resized).jpg

#756 4 years ago

Yes, but you were talking to PW79.

He might not need coins.

#757 4 years ago

Ooops dropped em off in the wrong room...

4850912697_88f4ff5885_b (resized).jpg

#758 4 years ago

...side view. Rob Berk stated earlier that the six games belonged to Jersey Jack.

20161013_150836 (resized).jpg

#759 4 years ago

Well, whatever it is... the dimensions are much more appealing for a home.

aeb71bbfb0fa564f7307494e2d93f882e8585fd2 (resized).jpg

#760 4 years ago

Guys, those cabinets are short and deep...we're deep diving....I'm betting we're playing pinball much lower, ocean floor style

#761 4 years ago

How long to the reveal of Banzai Pinball Circus Pin2K Big guns alike?

#762 4 years ago

the middle one is a pin with head down and no cover or side art???

#763 4 years ago

If you rip off the cover you'll be a hero for like 5 minutes on pinside

#764 4 years ago

The backbox top is not a level surface. Just an observation.

#765 4 years ago

I'm sitting in the Seminar Room now (where those games are stored). Those games are REALLY tall. I'm 6'4", and the top of the back box is about my height, maybe an inch taller.

#766 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Those games are REALLY tall. I'm 6'4", and the top of the back box is about my height, maybe an inch taller.

Lets hope they didn't move the on/off switch to the top of the backbox.

#767 4 years ago

Hm, maybe the LCD is mounted sideways (portrait)

That's all the rage with slot machines these days.

#768 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I'm sitting in the Seminar Room now (where those games are stored). Those games are REALLY tall. I'm 6'4", and the top of the back box is about my height, maybe an inch taller.

How long before they pull the covers? Get on the periscope app and live stream the unveiling if possible? Would be awesome to see.

#769 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

but are they normal pinball depth? I keep thinking these photos are confusing due to the camera lens / angle making things look smaller. Also, that's what he said.

#770 4 years ago

1785% Suspense...

#771 4 years ago

Doesn't look like there are toppers on those...

#772 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Lets hope they didn't move the on/off switch to the top of the backbox.

No, it's deep, really deep. You have to reach way down to power it on.

#773 4 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Not true, it's a JJP game so it's only knuckle deep.

(I'll go ahead and down vote myself now.)

#774 4 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

If you rip off the cover you'll be a hero for like 5 minutes on pinside

Like one of those streakers @ a sporting event lol

We all need to be known for something. If you googled my name & saw "man strips down to underwear reveals a pinball game several hours early shouting Odoyal Rules" Id be cool w/dat

#775 4 years ago

Like a deep dive you mean?

#776 4 years ago

"10 times the innovation"

Oh, wrong thread

#777 4 years ago

Right now I can only speculate like anyone, but I'm thinking something like a second level below and cameras down there that put the image on the backbox screen, maybe playing up there? hmmm

#778 4 years ago

Well it definitely looks to be a unique cabinet. Is it shorter length wise than a standard cab? Looks like its shorter similar to a Pin2K or safecracker.

#779 4 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

There will be plenty people there. Not everyone has a JJP boner.

After the Batman pricing, I can see why

#780 4 years ago

Looking at it again, it has to be shorter than standard right? Looks like the playfield will be super short. We shall see soon.

#781 4 years ago

Right now I can only speculate like anyone, but I'm thinking something like a second level below and cameras down there that put the image on the backbox screen, maybe playing up there? hmmm

That would be interesting.... would certainly justify the LCD monitor in the back box. Dont get me wrong i love the WoZ but you certainly cant look at the screen while playing. This would most certainly get you to look at it.

#782 4 years ago

Hobbit '77?

hobbit-retheme (resized).jpg

#783 4 years ago

Looks to me like the one in the middle is the same pin, but folded up. Very reminiscent of a safe cracker with the thick backbox. I would think there is more in the backbox than just a screen to bother making it that thick.

Also with so many in the room, I think we may see some head to head pinball here. Why bring six machines into the room if all you are doing is unveiling them? If you have two sets of three playing against each other this could get very interesting...

I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

#784 4 years ago

Aaah man! That is gonna suck!
Wtf is that?
I hate weird dimensions!
A pinball should have pinball dimensions?

#785 4 years ago

i see pinball star is going to attempt a livestream..... are there any other places where we can see a livestream of this in case that dosent work out?

#786 4 years ago

Bye jjp3 topic!
Over and out.
Where is the AP topic now..let me see...hm..
Those guys have the right size pinball ...

#787 4 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

i see pinball star is going to attempt a livestream..... are there any other places where we can see a livestream of this in case that dosent work out?

Where did you see this? link? Thanks!

#788 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR Amusements has started taking orders today on Pat Lawlor's game.
All that is needed is a $ 250 refundable deposit to secure your spot in line by Paypal to Joe@PinballSTAR.com. Beat the 8:00 CST reveal rush - lol - don't like what you see - email us and we'll refund you immediately.
Hopefully maybe we can do a live stream of the seminar / reveal from our Facebook page tonight - depends on internet service in the hall, etc... But if you want to like our page - maybe you can see it as it happens ! : )
https://www.facebook.com/PinballSTAR/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Any questions - email Joe at Sales@PinballSTAR.com. 570-357-0042

#789 4 years ago

I am thinking this could be a Hybrid-style pinball machine, where there's still a physical machine, but it's combined with a virtual pinball game on a large LCD.

This will definitely be the talk over Batman '66 with a basic-ass LCD in the back box for $15K! I love the fact Jersey Jack is trying something new here and innovating pinball.. can't wait

#790 4 years ago

In general, new dimensions are great. That doesn't mean specific designs are all gonna be great, but I applaud new ideas, including new dimensions, at a time when Stern is doing no widebodies, no non-Italian flipper configurations, everything must have pops and plunger, etc. With so many constraints, the pins can't help but seem cookie cutter after a while.

#791 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I am thinking this could be a Hybrid-style pinball machine, where there's still a physical machine, but it's combined with a virtual pinball game on a large LCD.

Every attempt at a hybrid game hasn't been met with stellar success, unfortunately.

#792 4 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Stern is doing no widebodies, no non-Italian flipper configurations, everything must have pops and plunger, etc.

Yeah that is what a pinball should be like.
For everything else i buy a playstation 4.

#793 4 years ago

i just realized its 8 central time! one more hour..... noooooooo

#794 4 years ago

DAMN YOU TIME ZONES

#795 4 years ago

Banzai!!

Supposed to be narrow body. Nobody said it wasn't short...

Hopeful it's not short because pinball needs long shots.

#796 4 years ago

Maybe it's a combo pinball/claw machine. That's what makes money right? It gives away Samsung phones.

#797 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Sneak peak!

baby-pacman (resized).jpg

#798 4 years ago

The playfield is curved like a skateboard ramp to make the shots long....You have to be dialed in to make the long shots....lol

#799 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

The playfield is curved like a skateboard ramp to make the shots long....You have to be dialed in to make the long shots....lol

That would be a first, and pretty cool.

#800 4 years ago

Someone should walk over to the game that is not covered up, and take a pic of that game. Maybe that is a clue?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 1699 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 34.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside