images (resized).jpg
Robot arm (resized).jpg
batphone (resized).png
Gen X Rules (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
52f972cd-2bbd-45e8-94fc-3cddbce48214 (resized).jpg
4477085d-a467-4b9a-ba5a-490d6a97eaf1 (resized).jpg
There are 1,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 34.
#451 7 years ago

Wizard Blocks Too!

#452 7 years ago

Jaws Blocks of Music!

#453 7 years ago

Can't sleep, so here is my guess of what it will look like based off the small amount of info around. Will be interesting to see if I get anything right. And yes I realise there is no shooter lane.. I don't know how to draw

20161008_011949~01 (resized).jpg20161008_011949~01 (resized).jpg

#454 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Can't sleep, so here is my guess of what it will look like based off the small amount of info around. Will be interesting to see if I get anything right. And yes I realise there is no shooter lane.. I don't know how to draw

So you basically think it's a Hobbit re-theme?

#455 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Why wouldn't you order direct? I never understand wanting to add a middle man when it's not mandatory. Especially with some of the things that have gone down (twisted pins, bumper amusement)

If your in New Jersey, you can save the sales tax.

Rob

#456 7 years ago

Could it be WOZ, Yellow Brick Road Super Limited Edition!!!

#457 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

So you basically think it's a Hobbit re-theme?

Haha. I don't know how else to draw criss cross ramps. Also coincidence I put pops in same spot

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Time for the title of the thread to be changed to 1 week vs. 3 weeks.

6 days. Come on OP keep this title updated!! Makes it seem like it is still a month away.

#459 7 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Umm... I came here because someone mentioned JAWS ! Yes please ! What's this T-shirt look like, I'm in on the T-shirt to hold me over until they release the Jaws pin

From Stern's FB page..only available to purchase at their EPIC party.

14572423_10154562812034244_3497351400185373958_n (resized).jpg14572423_10154562812034244_3497351400185373958_n (resized).jpg

#460 7 years ago

do we know if jjp3 is standard size or widebody again?

#461 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

The interesting thing in those rumors, to me, if you try to think of which game he's made already is the closest.. is roadshow. That's a decent game, and packed with toys. On the other hand, with all these compelling licensed themes out there, will be interested to think about whether a roadshow 2.0-esque game would do well in this market? Interesting times for sure and can't wait to see it.

How is RS the closest to a futuristic computers/robots/AI theme??

#462 7 years ago

pinbot copy.jpgpinbot copy.jpg

#463 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How is RS the closest to a futuristic computers/robots/AI theme??

all opinion of course, for me:

- Unlicensed
- Decent budget (lots of stuff in roadshow)

Computers/robots/AI has taken over the world.

- Roadshow is traveling through cities creating havock right (like AFM travels through cities) ; I am obviously projecting, but figure something like this.

Dial in to the mainframe to try and destroy the robots/AI etc.

- Was actually thinking about the other rumor about it 'calling' you.. so there's def opportunity for funny / taunting stuff. Given JJPs other goals of being kid friendly.. I don't think it'll be some dark take on the theme .. I'd presume it's more like roadshow and NGG than not I guess.

anyway, that's what it is my minds eye

#464 7 years ago

Could also be a robot space theme where you use the phone to call the mother ship...........lol

(E.T. Phone Home................)

#465 7 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

I wouldn't count those a 'theme's in the traditional sense. They are bare bones restaurant coloring book art 'demonstrator' 'modes' for the p3. None of them are fleshed out or professionally designed in a way that would make them selling points for the platform alone.
Honestly I find them to be huge detractors in their crude design and generic feel.

The reality is those three games are heavily geared towards kids and novice players, and accordingly that style of art makes sense. It has the feel of many of todays redemption games. It is important with the P3 to understand it is a platform and will have a wide range of themes and styles, and naturally not everyone is going to like everyone, but it is likely that most folks will find some of the P3 games to their liking, especially when the number of available games grows with new themes. Obviously there are some on pinside so closed minded to something this new and different, that they will never find a P3 game they like.

#466 7 years ago

If this is a hit with me and it is a disaster theme, I'll be looking to sell my Earthshaker to make room for JJP#3.

#467 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

The interesting thing in those rumors, to me, if you try to think of which game he's made already is the closest.. is roadshow. That's a decent game, and packed with toys. On the other hand, with all these compelling licensed themes out there, will be interested to think about whether a roadshow 2.0-esque game would do well in this market? Interesting times for sure and can't wait to see it.

It could do well with hardcore pinball people who know who Lawlor is...but the truth is, most people who buy pinball machines aren't "hobbyists" like us, they look to themes first. However, if it's fantastic and has excellent word of mouth - that could take it far with the "casuals" who tend to spend a lot of money on top unlicensed games like MM and AFM...and not being licensed, Jack could keep it in production forever - it could be a slow but steady seller, and as long as he has other offerings to keep the factory churning, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

#468 7 years ago

Of course as soon as the suspense of the unveiling is over the suspense of waiting for a chance to play it will start. I imagine my first chance will probably be at PAGG. If it hooks me there, i'm doomed.

#469 7 years ago
Quoted from notaflyingtoy:

"Deep Dive"... does that refer to something about the game?!

It's time to unleash The Kraken! (I'd love a deep water theme with sharks, krakens, octopi, or subs in the vein of Fathom).

#470 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...and not being licensed, Jack could keep it in production forever - it could be a slow but steady seller, and as long as he has other offerings to keep the factory churning, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Good point! Isn't the licencing for WOZ running out pretty soon? So it won't be long before the last of those roll out the door. Not sure how much longer they have Hobbit for... but having a hit unlicensed theme is a strong asset to have in your inventory as you can always pull it up and do a run without any red tape when you need to keep the line flowing.

#471 7 years ago

Hahahaha @ the guy thinking it was actually going to be a Sound of Music theme. No offense dude, but how could you believe that? Do you believe everything you read on the internet?

By the way, I have inside info that JJP #4 will be a licensed theme based on the Teletubbies, it won't have multiball, and will have electromechanical score reels. The base price will be $10K+...

#472 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

There are only 3 jets in your drawing. ... Pat will normally use 6.

#473 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Only thing for sure is Pat's game isn't a licensed theme.

Predator was not licensed either, still it based on a popular movie

#475 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

do we know if jjp3 is standard size or widebody again?

I believe JJP #3 is not a widebody, but if I'm wrong I have no doubt that someone will chime in.

Waiting for this reveal is akin to being a young kid waiting for Christmas morning! It can't get here soon enough!

#476 7 years ago
Quoted from Tazmancat:

I believe JJP #3 is not a widebody, but if I'm wrong I have no doubt that someone will chime in.
Waiting for this reveal is akin to being a young kid waiting for Christmas morning! It can't get here soon enough!

I believe it's going to be a wide body player number 4 pinside handle we talked the other day he thoroughly believes it's a wide body because the cost associated with changing out the way they have the line setup for wide-bodies plus the probably getting a better discount on the wide body cabinets it's his thought and I kind of agree....we could be wrong

#477 7 years ago

It's already been confirmed that it's not a widebody.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://www.LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#478 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I believe it's going to be a wide body player number 4 pinside handle we talked the other day he thoroughly believes it's a wide body because the cost associated with changing out the way they have the line setup for wide-bodies plus the probably getting a better discount on the wide body cabinets it's his thought and I kind of agree....we could be wrong

If I remember correctly, when Jack was asked this early on if it was a widebody, his response was something like 'not exactly'. Don't know what he meant or if things changed during development but looking forward to seeing the finished game.

#479 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

If I remember correctly, when Jack was asked this early on if it was a widebody, his response was something like 'not exactly'. Don't know what he meant

Could be a standard sized pf stuffed inside a widebody cabinet?

#480 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

his response was something like 'not exactly'.

New Hercules confirmed.

#481 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Could be a standard sized pf stuffed inside a widebody cabinet?

I'd rather expect the playable PF area to be standard sized and the overlap to widebody being used for some kind of feature/gimmick/toy thing. But who knows.

#482 7 years ago

Maybe a rotating standard playfield in widebody cabinet ...

#483 7 years ago

I figured it's a wide body that starts out as a non-wide body playfield, and the playfield essentially splits open to form an expanded complete sub level playfield which becomes a widebody. ... drew up this...

IMG_6706 (resized).JPGIMG_6706 (resized).JPG

IMG_6705 (resized).JPGIMG_6705 (resized).JPG

#484 7 years ago

That sounds very expensive to make and easy to break.
Maybe it's just slightly smaller/bigger than a standard body which is why they haven't called it that?

#485 7 years ago

Only 1 more week and we wont have to speculate anymore

#486 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

That sounds very expensive to make and easy to break.

My thoughts exactly, but very clever and fun idea.

Here's a thought:

Since everything in a modern game is CPU controlled... Bluetooth controlled mechs or even flippers that bystanders can take over.... miss a shot? +1 credit for bystander who can use that credit to say set your flippers to no hold at their whim for a total of 5 seconds...

#487 7 years ago

I always get really really excited before expo, then get really "meh" after expo. The ideas everyone has here always sound amazing, then when we see the pin there isn't a ton to get wowed with. Like with the hobbit, all that teasing about smaug and we get a head that moves its mouth with a fishtales layout.

I hope we really do get some sort of water theme, or some underwater atlantis type theme, that'd be amazing.

#488 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Like with the hobbit, all that teasing about smaug and we get a head that moves its mouth with a fishtales layout.

Please don't insult Fish Tales like that.

#489 7 years ago

I agree that Hobbit is 5% layout and 95% software/sound. Love the game to bits but it has close to nothing to do with the layout and 'shot satisfaction'
Hopefully Lawlor + Keith + Ted is a winning combination

#490 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I agree that Hobbit is 5% layout and 95% software/sound. Love the game to bits but it has close to nothing to do with the layout and 'shot satisfaction'
Hopefully Lawlor + Keith + Ted is a winning combination

I love deep software, but I just wish it had more of a fan layout. My ideal game is a game with a fan layout and a couple different ways for the ball to keep busy during multiball. Like in LOTR you have the POTD, WOZ you have both upper playfields.

#491 7 years ago

5 DAYS AND COUNTING
Pincades

#492 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Please don't insult Fish Tales like that.

I would choose the hobbit over fish tales any day

#493 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

It's time to unleash The Kraken! (I'd love a deep water theme with sharks, krakens, octopi, or subs in the vein of Fathom).

release-the-kraken (resized).jpgrelease-the-kraken (resized).jpg

#494 7 years ago

Why is "Deep Dive" capitalized? The only reason to do that is if it's a proper noun. I really hope that's the name of the machine, an underwater theme would be awesome.

#495 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

Why is "Deep Dive" capitalized? The only reason to do that is if it's a proper noun. I really hope that's the name of the machine, an underwater theme would be awesome.

Half the paragraph was unnecessarily capitalized.

#496 7 years ago

What frickin disaster would make the trilogy?
Earthshaker,Whirlwind...
....asteroid....volcano....flood....presidential candidates???

#497 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

That reminds me,whatever happened to Arturo and the Jules Vern pinball machine

#498 7 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That reminds me,whatever happened to Arturo and the Jules Vern pinball machine

Oops I meant Captain Nemo the artwork looked awesome on that one

#499 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Admit it's Jaws

Quoted from LTG:

Like the Stern pin - have you not seen the Stern Jaws shirt they will be selling ?

LTG : )

Quoted from merccat:

Jaws Blocks of Music!

Quoted from nwpinball:

Quoted from Pinbaltz:

I don't care who makes it JJP, Stern, Heighway, Dutch, Spooky.... I just want Jaws !

#500 7 years ago

Would be quite funny if Stern has been viral marketing a pinball for their competitor for the last couple of years

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.99
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-3-to-be-shown-at-expo-in-3-weeks/page/10?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.