Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumblr_m0cdbrqqfb1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
    photo 2.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider juanton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 10 years ago

I have been a member of Pinside for almost a year, although I lurked for a while before joining. There is a wealth of knowledge here and people are always willing to jump in and help with problems with machines and with problems in life as far as that goes. The one thing that was obvious from the day I first logged on to the site is that JJP haters are the most vocal members here. Anything Jack (or Alex) says is immediately jumped on and cast in a negative light by the same 5 or 6 people, over and over, in every..single..JJP..thread. I think everyone here knows this, including the moderators and Robin. In fact, I think this is what Robin alluded to when he said he wanted the site to be more positive this year. Obviously the site has not become more positive, as it's more of the same. So, having said that, this thread is for people like me, who think JJP is great for pinball, and with WOZ has created an awesome machine. IMO, how could any unbiased person look at WOZ and not see the advances made compared to other machines? The game is simply awesome. I didn't pull the trigger when I should have on the ECWOZLE, so it is going to cost me. I now have a Ruby Red on order and that, along with TH will be my first, and maybe only, NIB games. Rock on JJP!

TROLLS NOT WELCOME HERE!

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

Since this is a JJP thread and not game specific, it seems appropriate that I tell this story, it's the main reason that I jumped on board for WOZ when it was little more than a dream.
    About 5/6 years ago, I was working on my Sopranos, had my garage door open, and stupidly placed my backglass near it. Later without thinking, I closed the door, you can imagine the sickening crunch as the door came down and the glass shattered in a million pieces The translite was very badly scratched, looked OK until you put light behind it, so I needed to find another, unfortunately at that time, no one had any available including Stern.
    I put my story on RGP, hoping that someone could direct me to a place to buy one, about 2 days later I received a direct message from Jack saying send me your address and I'll mail you a translite!! I was blown away, I had never bought anything from Pinball Sales in my life, and here he sends me one free of charge! When a company does something out of the ordinary in customer service, it really inspires confidence in them, and that was a huge factor on preordering both WOZ and The Hobbit.

That is a very cool story!

#13 10 years ago

To be clear, I like all pinball. I think my Stern games are great also, especially LOTR. I would love to own Metallica one day. However, I don't think it can compare to WOZ.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

vicjw66 same on you don't you know this is a JJP love fest thread no contrary opinions welcome.

And you are definitely not welcome in here.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

There is an entire JJP board for you guys. Starting a thread and setting new community rules and deciding what you want and don't want on an established forum is just asking for targeting and silliness. You are painting big ol' targets on your backs and then acting shocked when the targets are used for target practice. Just rename the thread "Righteous Indignation" and be honest about what is going on in here. You want to be victimized to feel sodality or otherwise "right" or "condemned" or whatever. Fine. But be honest about it.

Dude, this is ridiculous. How does saying that I am a fan of JJP make me want to be victimized? I'll bet you think that girls that wear slutty clothes want to be victimized too.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

...and I would say the same thing to whoever started he "Stern Fan Club" on Pinside (if that happened) and hung up a sign in the first 4 posts that warned against "JJP lovers, trolls, icky cooty girls and other non-Stern maggots" from being a part of the festivities. Just asking for a carpet bombing.

This is a thread in the JJP sub-forum. The thread title is pretty clear. Every WOZ or Hobbit thread gets derailed by the same few people every single time. You should know this, you're one of them.

#49 10 years ago

Look, I agree that this is not my site and it probably was silly to post that title. Of course I can't stop anyone from posting anything they want in any thread here, including this one. However, no one can deny what I said about every JJP thread getting derailed by the same people every time. Evidently there is nowhere on the site where JJP can be mentioned without this happening. Even a JJP fan thread.

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

The problem is in perception. What is perceived by everyone else as discussion and disagreement, is quite simply perceived as derailing, trolling, or otherwise crapping on you personally. For example, I have not said anything about JJP or WOZ, other that to congratulate code accomplishments and suggest that I wish the warranty issue would be better defined so that I might actually pick up a WOZ on the secondary market, in almost a year. I have stayed out of the discussion entirely. But in your mind, I am actively waring and terrorizing every thread you want to read in peace. That is pure bullshit. Sorry, but it is.

You're right. Sorry dude. There are a few that do though.

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

I am honestly not trying to poop on a JJP party. But the "everyone is trolling us" mentality makes them easy to poop on unintentionally. Embrace a difference of opinion and have a rational discussion. Some dude clearly has a WOZ and has had a poor experience. Acknowledge it, help him out, discuss it rationally. Don't just tell him to stop trolling. If you want more people to love JJP as much as you do, don't be an awful marketer for JJP.

I agree, but there is no such thing as "have a rational discussion" when it comes to JJP. As far as having trouble, he is the only person I have ever seen complain about customer service, and he didn't come here and ask for help.

#78 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Couldn't agree more.
    This thread is hilarious.
    Seriously. Let's start one of these threads for Stern too, shall we? It makes so much sense. The way the OP phrased his post only serves to further the "us vs them" mentality that he supposedly complains about. Ironic.

Somehow I knew you wouldn't be able to resist. The gang is almost all here.

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

This isn't a WoZ fan club members only thread.

It's a JJP fan club members only thread. Big difference.

I'm not sure I understand the difference. If you don't like either, why did you read the thread?

#83 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Of course you don't understand the difference. I'm not surprised by that at all.

Yeah, cause i is stupid. We can't all be as smart as you Rob. You win.

#85 10 years ago

At any rate I proved my point. Any thread about JJP or WOZ ends the same, with the same people trolling.

#89 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

You just don't get it, do you? Your original post was trolling. Did some of us "take the bait" by responding? Probably. But the original post was still trolling.

Meh...maybe it was. Sorry if I ticked the haters off by calling them out. I thought trolling was going into someone else's thread and making comments to purposefully cause trouble. I guess our definition of a troll is a bit different.

#93 10 years ago

Ok. So I started this thread this morning when I logged on and was feeling all idealistic. I am now halfway through a six pack of Two Hearted Ale and watching Peppa Pig with my little girl while I surf Pinside on a tablet. I am definitely not a confrontational person and really try to get along with everyone. I am really sorry if I offended anyone by starting the thread. I am sure if I met you guys in person we could all find something in common, namely pinball. I do stand by my comments about JJP however. I definitely think they have raised the bar for all manufacturers.

#96 10 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

You have nothing to apologize for

Thanks, but I kind of knew when I started the thread that it would start a s***storm and piss people off. I probably shouldn't have done that. I just get tired of all the hate directed toward JJP and don't really understand it. I have followed WOZ since it was first announced and saw the ups and downs and missed delivery dates, so I know the story as well as everyone else. If its the missed delivery dates that piss people off, google aamigo. That is a fitness bracelet that was crowd funded. Look at how many delivery date promises they have missed, and it's just a little bracelet.JJP accomplished something far greater imo. Of course I am biased as I like pinball way more than fitness.

#98 10 years ago

Thanks Alex.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider juanton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-fan-club-members-only?tu=juanton and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.