Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumblr_m0cdbrqqfb1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
    photo 2.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gambit3113.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#37 10 years ago

There is an entire JJP board for this kind of basking in the sun that is JJP. Starting a thread and setting new community rules and deciding what you want and don't want on an established forum is just asking for targeting and silliness. You are painting big ol' targets on your backs and then acting shocked when the targets are used for target practice. Just rename the thread "Righteous Indignation" and be honest about what is going on in here. You want to be victimized to feel solidarity or otherwise "right" or "condemned" or whatever. Fine. But be honest about it.

#39 10 years ago

...and I would say the same thing to whoever started he "Stern Fan Club" on Pinside (if that happened) and hung up a sign in the first 4 posts that warned against "JJP lovers, trolls, icky cooty girls and other non-Stern maggots" from being a part of the festivities. Just asking for a carpet bombing.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from juanton:

Dude, this is ridiculous. How does saying that I am a fan of JJP make me want to be victimized? I'll bet you think that girls that wear slutty clothes want to be victimized too.

That is absurd and such a non-sequitur that I cannot begin to piece it together. It isn't about saying you are a fan or aren't. It is hanging a banner with rules for your playground club, and being ridiculously shocked when others think your playhouse club rules are funny.

#43 10 years ago

Oh, ok. You live in that world. Gotcha. Sorry I bothered. Have fun in your playhouse.

#47 10 years ago

Putting feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

Concrete made the point I was trying to make, only better. The "no others allowed" thing is silly. But even sillier is the exasperated indignation when someone doesn't is your rules.

#51 10 years ago

The problem is in perception. What is perceived by everyone else as discussion and disagreement, is quite simply perceived as derailing, trolling, or otherwise crapping on you personally. For example, I have not said anything about JJP or WOZ, other that to congratulate code accomplishments and suggest that I wish the warranty issue would be better defined so that I might actually pick up a WOZ on the secondary market, in almost a year. I have stayed out of the discussion entirely. But in your mind, I am actively waring and terrorizing every thread you want to read in peace. That is pure bullshit. Sorry, but it is.

#54 10 years ago

There's good old Glass House. Whip those rocks, Ted.

#56 10 years ago

I am honestly not trying to poop on a JJP party. But the "everyone is trolling us" mentality makes them easy to poop on unintentionally. Embrace a difference of opinion and have a rational discussion. Some dude clearly has a WOZ and has had a poor experience. Acknowledge it, help him out, discuss it rationally. Don't just tell him to stop trolling. If you want more people to love JJP as much as you do, don't be an awful marketer for JJP.

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

So why even read this thread or post here?

No one is talking to you Ted. Nor have they, to my knowledge, in 3 years.

#62 10 years ago

#86 10 years ago

My goodness, if you old hens don't love to have something to crow about....

I didn't say anything negative about the goddamned machine, the company, nor the owner.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gambit3113.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-fan-club-members-only?tu=gambit3113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.