Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumblr_m0cdbrqqfb1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
    photo 2.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dgpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#8 10 years ago

I'm in, been just a little over 3 years since I jumped on board and took a very un-characteristic risk on an new company making a pinball machine, but I've been rewarded with one of, if not the best game I have ever owned, looking forward now to The Hobbit.

Couldn't agree more with the original poster about the group of people who insist on trolling every JJP thread, when I see thumbs down on a positive JJP post, I almost always know exactly who gave them, it's really pretty sad

#11 10 years ago

Since this is a JJP thread and not game specific, it seems appropriate that I tell this story, it's the main reason that I jumped on board for WOZ when it was little more than a dream.

About 5/6 years ago, I was working on my Sopranos, had my garage door open, and stupidly placed my backglass near it. Later without thinking, I closed the door, you can imagine the sickening crunch as the door came down and the glass shattered in a million pieces The translite was very badly scratched, looked OK until you put light behind it, so I needed to find another, unfortunately at that time, no one I could find had any available including Stern.

I put my story on RGP, hoping that someone could direct me to a place to buy one, about 2 days later I received a direct message from Jack saying send me your address and I'll mail you a translite!! I was blown away, I had never bought anything from Pinball Sales in my life, and here he sends me one free of charge! When a company does something out of the ordinary in customer service, it really inspires confidence in them, and that was a huge factor for me on preordering both WOZ and The Hobbit.

#74 10 years ago

Not the least surprised that I get up and find a few of the same suspects have just had to stick their noses into a thread that is clearly marked as a JJP Fan thread, a bit surprised though that some of the more vocal ones have shown some restraint, perhaps there is hope.

Look, I'm not a big fan of Stern, and I strongly disagree with a lot of opinions about their games, but when I read a thread title where someone is saying how much they love there new Stern game, I don't feel the need to go into that thread and crap all over it, or troll it, but that doesn't seem to be the case with WOZ/JJP threads. It started with the infamous Exejet/EZ Sleeze E troll on here and RGP, and after he was banned, others seemed to take up the cause.

I really don't think it's unreasonable for there to be 1 thread here on Pinside where people who are positive about JJP/WOZ/The Hobbit can talk in peace, there are lots of other game specific "club" threads on here where this is the case, why should this one be any different.

#91 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

You just don't get it, do you? Your original post was trolling. Did some of us "take the bait" by responding? Probably. But the original post was still trolling.

As one of the worst offenders, your take on this is completely unsurprising

#95 10 years ago
    Quoted from juanton:

Ok. So I started this thread this morning when I logged on and was feeling all idealistic. I am now halfway through a six pack of Two Hearted Ale and watching Peppa Pig with my little girl while I surf Pinside on a tablet. I am definitely not a confrontational person and really try to get along with everyone. I am really sorry if I offended anyone by starting the thread. I am sure if I met you guys in person we could all find something in common, namely pinball. I do stand by my comments about JJP however. I definitely think they have raised the bar for all manufacturers.

You have nothing to apologize for, some of the comments on here remind me of those who think if you don't lock your car it's your fault if someone steals it!

Please let's keep this a positive thread, there are more than enough places to bitch and whine about whatever annoys you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dgpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-fan-club-members-only?tu=dgpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.