Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumblr_m0cdbrqqfb1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
    photo 2.JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 10 years ago

I have been a member of Pinside for almost a year, although I lurked for a while before joining. There is a wealth of knowledge here and people are always willing to jump in and help with problems with machines and with problems in life as far as that goes. The one thing that was obvious from the day I first logged on to the site is that JJP haters are the most vocal members here. Anything Jack (or Alex) says is immediately jumped on and cast in a negative light by the same 5 or 6 people, over and over, in every..single..JJP..thread. I think everyone here knows this, including the moderators and Robin. In fact, I think this is what Robin alluded to when he said he wanted the site to be more positive this year. Obviously the site has not become more positive, as it's more of the same. So, having said that, this thread is for people like me, who think JJP is great for pinball, and with WOZ has created an awesome machine. IMO, how could any unbiased person look at WOZ and not see the advances made compared to other machines? The game is simply awesome. I didn't pull the trigger when I should have on the ECWOZLE, so it is going to cost me. I now have a Ruby Red on order and that, along with TH will be my first, and maybe only, NIB games. Rock on JJP!

TROLLS NOT WELCOME HERE!

#2 10 years ago

I am in. At the end of the day, in a small window, JJP has put out one of the best pinball machines ever built. Very hard to argue with that.

#3 10 years ago

Just got ECLEWOZ setup last night, the game is fantastic. It just looks and feels like the best pinball machine ever built. Still learning the rules, but the game is very deep (Thanks Keith and Ted) and will continue to challenge for years to come. The game makes you want to keep playing to see what it might do next. Awesome pin, game changer. Monumental effort from Jack on pin one and I am sure number 2 and 3 will follow suit.

#4 10 years ago

I'm in, the game is the best!

#5 10 years ago

WOZ is great and hoping future JJP games will be as well.

#6 10 years ago

Thanks for creating the thread. I can't believe that some of the haters are still posting the same old crap and bashing WOZ / JJP for months on end. Its like what Jack said about the Pinside JJP / WOZ haters at this years Michigan Pinball Expo "they don't know sh*t about building a pinball company" haha.

I've had my WOZECLE for about 6 months now and I'm really enjoying it. The rules are very deep and the game has that overall "your on a quest feel" while playing. WOZ is hands down the best pin I've ever owned as well as played. Looking forward to The Hobbit!

#7 10 years ago

I am a big jjp supporter. Jack is here to make quality games with new innovations. Not the same old lay outs. Packed with cool toys. That's what I want for my dollar.

#8 10 years ago

I'm in, been just a little over 3 years since I jumped on board and took a very un-characteristic risk on an new company making a pinball machine, but I've been rewarded with one of, if not the best game I have ever owned, looking forward now to The Hobbit.

Couldn't agree more with the original poster about the group of people who insist on trolling every JJP thread, when I see thumbs down on a positive JJP post, I almost always know exactly who gave them, it's really pretty sad

#9 10 years ago

The man had a vision,to bring pinball into the 21 century. and He did it from the ground up! incredible accomplishment in today’s economy. I’m enjoying my WOZ, it looks like a Ferrari next to my classic Chevy’s .
    Well played Jack. looking forward to the hobbit ,

#10 10 years ago

All,

I purchased my 1st pinball machine this last fall (Elvis) and was lucky to get #16 WOZLE about a month later. I'm excited for THE HOBBIT now.

Good idea on starting this topic for just members only.

Tim

#11 10 years ago

Since this is a JJP thread and not game specific, it seems appropriate that I tell this story, it's the main reason that I jumped on board for WOZ when it was little more than a dream.

About 5/6 years ago, I was working on my Sopranos, had my garage door open, and stupidly placed my backglass near it. Later without thinking, I closed the door, you can imagine the sickening crunch as the door came down and the glass shattered in a million pieces The translite was very badly scratched, looked OK until you put light behind it, so I needed to find another, unfortunately at that time, no one I could find had any available including Stern.

I put my story on RGP, hoping that someone could direct me to a place to buy one, about 2 days later I received a direct message from Jack saying send me your address and I'll mail you a translite!! I was blown away, I had never bought anything from Pinball Sales in my life, and here he sends me one free of charge! When a company does something out of the ordinary in customer service, it really inspires confidence in them, and that was a huge factor for me on preordering both WOZ and The Hobbit.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

Since this is a JJP thread and not game specific, it seems appropriate that I tell this story, it's the main reason that I jumped on board for WOZ when it was little more than a dream.
    About 5/6 years ago, I was working on my Sopranos, had my garage door open, and stupidly placed my backglass near it. Later without thinking, I closed the door, you can imagine the sickening crunch as the door came down and the glass shattered in a million pieces The translite was very badly scratched, looked OK until you put light behind it, so I needed to find another, unfortunately at that time, no one had any available including Stern.
    I put my story on RGP, hoping that someone could direct me to a place to buy one, about 2 days later I received a direct message from Jack saying send me your address and I'll mail you a translite!! I was blown away, I had never bought anything from Pinball Sales in my life, and here he sends me one free of charge! When a company does something out of the ordinary in customer service, it really inspires confidence in them, and that was a huge factor on preordering both WOZ and The Hobbit.

That is a very cool story!

#13 10 years ago

To be clear, I like all pinball. I think my Stern games are great also, especially LOTR. I would love to own Metallica one day. However, I don't think it can compare to WOZ.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from juanton:

To be clear, I like all pinball. I think my Stern games are great also, especially LOTR. I would love to own Metallica one day, however, I don't think it can compare to WOZ.

I agree, I love my stern games as well and desperately want to find a lotr soon. But sitting next to my woz there is just no comparison, imo, it's a work of art. I ordered a Hobbit two weeks after I got my woz because it was so great! But can they keep it going is my only question? I sure hope so!

#15 10 years ago

This thread sounds like an infomercial. Ugh. You're doing JJP no favors with this slop. I am an early WOZ owner since June 13. It is visually stunning. But Sorcerer is the game in my collection I keep coming back to play and WOZ has been down awhile and I await a part or at least a response on how to reboot the computer again and again. I'm sorry but if I'm being honest, I think the above posters are smoking crack.

#16 10 years ago

How to "reboot the computer"? Who have you spoken too? Not I?

#17 10 years ago

Got back into pinball because of Woz announcement over three years ago, I've got 8 pins now with 3 more awaiting completion.

JJP brought back the excitement in pinball for me, can't wait to see where pinball can go in the future. I think the Lcd and what's coming down the road, is a game changer. If, like slot machines, they can integrate video in the glass you might even have something that kids would play.

#18 10 years ago

I am in for The Hobbit from the beginning.

I really respect all Jack and the team are doing for the pinball industry. Glad to be a part of it.

#19 10 years ago

Vicjw,
    How about you repspect the thread.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

This thread sounds like an infomercial. Ugh. You're doing JJP no favors with this slop. I am an early WOZ owner since June 13. It is visually stunning. But Sorcerer is the game in my collection I keep coming back to play and WOZ has been down awhile and I await a part or at least a response on how to reboot the computer again and again. I'm sorry but if I'm being honest, I think the above posters are smoking crack.

So, because most people are happy with JJP and WOZ... 'the above posters are smoking crack'... ? Ugh.

I've had my WOZLE since the end of February. No issues at all. It sits next to METLE which pales in comparison. By far my favorite pin I have and everyone else's who comes over.

#21 10 years ago

Totally agree, JJP gave me hope that pinball is not a fading industry, in fact, it's now improving.

JJP and the WOZ has pushed Stern to improve their product too.

And, the Medieval Madness remake may never have been developed if not for JJP's foray into the pinball manufacturing arena.

I'm looking forward to getting my first JJP pin, maybe Pat Lawlor's new game, or the Hobbit.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Vicjw,
    How about you repspect the thread.

Wow, you really need to STFU.

Post edited by moderator: Given time out from this thread by moderator.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Wow, you really need to STFU.

You are in the wrong thread and probably in the wrong forum as well.

#24 10 years ago

Didn't take long for an asshole to make his way into this thread.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

How to "reboot the computer"? Who have you spoken too? Not I?

Yes you. You said you would send me a reset button and you did not send it. LTG said he would send it and he did not send it. I phoned LTG went to several voicemails asking him to if not send me the part at least tell me what pins to short to reboot as he did in the past but I forgot which ones. Gave him my email and phone number yet still no response. I have not been able to play 3.0 yet. Jack said he would send me a new playfield for my LE because mine came with a shitty one. Still waiting on a decent playfield. Sorry but I'm not happy with a $8000 paperweight!

#26 10 years ago

This thread should be renamed ...The hit list for the dirty dozen!

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

Didn't take long for an asshole to make his way into this thread.

Yeah, and you're it.

#28 10 years ago

Good thread!

It's a pity JJP chose WOZ as first theme... Cause it's not my piece of cake! Otherwise I was probably already able to enjoy one of these next gen pinball machines. But now I have to wait for the release of the hobbit

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

You are in the wrong thread and probably in the wrong forum as well.

As are you.

#30 10 years ago

Can we just make an understanding and ignore those who mess up this thread and let the moderators do their work

#31 10 years ago

Have to add that the rules are fantastic. Very challenging for the good players and the beginners can be told just a few of the rules and have lots of fun.

I do feel bad for those still waiting to get theirs and for the people who are having issues (including vicjw66). Hopefully the new boards going out soon solve most of the people's problems. Even though I haven't had any problems (mid Feb 2014 build date), I am 100% confident that Jack will take care of any future issues.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I phoned LTG went to several voicemails asking him to if not send me the part at least tell me what pins to short to reboot as he did in the past but I forgot which ones.

Hello. I'm sorry for what ever reason I didn't get your messages or respond to them.

Please short pins 6 and 8 on JFP1.

LTG : )™

photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG
    #33 10 years ago

Im in the club as well, I have had my WOZECLE since October and I love it, Im in for Hobbit as well, What jack and Co built was amazing and fantastic for Pinball. Thank You JJP

Joe(acejedi)

#34 10 years ago

While I totaly disagree with the pre-pay and wait approach to selling things, Ive never played a better overall game, each time I play it I find something new and enjoy it more. Thankfully I have had no issues though it seems like members like LTG and Pinchroma are always happy to help, if I did.

Its by far my favorite game!

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

vicjw66 shame on you don't you know this is a JJP love fest thread no contrary opinions welcome.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

vicjw66 same on you don't you know this is a JJP love fest thread no contrary opinions welcome.

And you are definitely not welcome in here.

#37 10 years ago

There is an entire JJP board for this kind of basking in the sun that is JJP. Starting a thread and setting new community rules and deciding what you want and don't want on an established forum is just asking for targeting and silliness. You are painting big ol' targets on your backs and then acting shocked when the targets are used for target practice. Just rename the thread "Righteous Indignation" and be honest about what is going on in here. You want to be victimized to feel solidarity or otherwise "right" or "condemned" or whatever. Fine. But be honest about it.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

There is an entire JJP board for you guys. Starting a thread and setting new community rules and deciding what you want and don't want on an established forum is just asking for targeting and silliness. You are painting big ol' targets on your backs and then acting shocked when the targets are used for target practice. Just rename the thread "Righteous Indignation" and be honest about what is going on in here. You want to be victimized to feel sodality or otherwise "right" or "condemned" or whatever. Fine. But be honest about it.

Dude, this is ridiculous. How does saying that I am a fan of JJP make me want to be victimized? I'll bet you think that girls that wear slutty clothes want to be victimized too.

#39 10 years ago

...and I would say the same thing to whoever started he "Stern Fan Club" on Pinside (if that happened) and hung up a sign in the first 4 posts that warned against "JJP lovers, trolls, icky cooty girls and other non-Stern maggots" from being a part of the festivities. Just asking for a carpet bombing.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from juanton:

Dude, this is ridiculous. How does saying that I am a fan of JJP make me want to be victimized? I'll bet you think that girls that wear slutty clothes want to be victimized too.

That is absurd and such a non-sequitur that I cannot begin to piece it together. It isn't about saying you are a fan or aren't. It is hanging a banner with rules for your playground club, and being ridiculously shocked when others think your playhouse club rules are funny.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

...and I would say the same thing to whoever started he "Stern Fan Club" on Pinside (if that happened) and hung up a sign in the first 4 posts that warned against "JJP lovers, trolls, icky cooty girls and other non-Stern maggots" from being a part of the festivities. Just asking for a carpet bombing.

This is a thread in the JJP sub-forum. The thread title is pretty clear. Every WOZ or Hobbit thread gets derailed by the same few people every single time. You should know this, you're one of them.

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

vicjw66 same on you don't you know this is a JJP love fest thread no contrary opinions welcome.

Thats right did you not read the thread title? JJP fan club-Members Only! so run along now.

#43 10 years ago

Oh, ok. You live in that world. Gotcha. Sorry I bothered. Have fun in your playhouse.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

That is absurd and such a non-sequitur that I cannot begin to piece it together. It isn't about saying you are a fan or aren't. It is hanging a banner with rules for your playground club, and being ridiculously shocked when others think your playhouse club rules are funny.

now for all your bitching were not going to show you the secret handshake! if you dont like the thread you dont have to read it.. now go find a thread you like and be a positive member of pinside..

#45 10 years ago

I'm in the fan club of JJP
    And why not Iron maiden pinball by JJP??

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from juanton:

And you are definitely not welcome in here.

^This is what I have a problem with^
    This is Robin's site and only he decides when someone is not welcome here any more (see retired pinsiders)

By opening a thread like this on Pinside your gunna get some dissenting opinions.
    I sure as heck don't agree with everything jw66 says but this is an open forum, if you want to run a private thread/forum then start one and boot out everyone who says something you don't like... Until that day comes threads here on Pinside (last time I checked) are open to respectful discussion.

Disclaimer: I owned WOZ and am buying Hobbit and... I have talked to Jack on several occasions and i think he is a great guy! Lloyd and Alex have been awesome in helping me thru the few small problems I had with my game.

#47 10 years ago

Putting feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

Concrete made the point I was trying to make, only better. The "no others allowed" thing is silly. But even sillier is the exasperated indignation when someone doesn't is your rules.

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Putting feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

Pictures. Or it didn't happen.

LTG : )™

#49 10 years ago

Look, I agree that this is not my site and it probably was silly to post that title. Of course I can't stop anyone from posting anything they want in any thread here, including this one. However, no one can deny what I said about every JJP thread getting derailed by the same people every time. Evidently there is nowhere on the site where JJP can be mentioned without this happening. Even a JJP fan thread.

#50 10 years ago

Go, JJP, Go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-fan-club-members-only and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.