Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jlm33
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC02880.jpg
    DSC02891.jpg
    Sticks.JPG
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmunn1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from cal50:

Hopefully they get the "hang" of manufacturing.

Have you played WOZ. Built like a tank. Stern could learn a lot about build quality. If anyone thinks a new manufacturing company is going to be flawless and efficient in there first try is either dillusional or naive.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I've played it and moved it.
    I don't know why anyone says "it's built like a tank".
    It has the same thickness cabinet and playfield as any other game.
    Same Williams flippers and other hardware as any other Williams game.
    The monitor and extra power supplies make it heavier, but that does not add to the "build" strength or durability.

How would you compare it to recent Sterns?

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Same thickness playfield.
    Same thickness cabinet.

I did not limit my question to the cabinet and play field thickness.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from BigOrange:

Nothing fundamentally wrong with mdf - it's in most high end furniture for various reasons (inc. no warping tendencies). If you get it wet you're toast, but that's not going to be your biggest problem if you submerge your pin!

I am getting quotes from cabinet makers recently for a new master bedroom closet. They went on and on about the sturdiness of plywood over mdf. Especially in the making of drawers. There not trying to sell me a pin. I have many sterns and none of them compare to WOZ.

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

Read up a few posts according to pinball news, WOZ playfield are 11ply, they were going to go with 9ply but decided not to. Sterns and B/W are 7 ply if I recall. That does not mean they are thicker necessarily, but I believe they are. Hopfully I will find out soon. Uggg

Go play glen's.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmunn1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-exiting-news-comin?tu=bmunn1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.