Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,134 posts
  • 310 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by chadderack
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-156.jpg
    tumblr_my251yovXq1s8q2exo1_400.gif
    tumblr_m9q0n8yLta1rr6dugo1_500.gif
    olivia_wilde3._063syuh.gif
    IMAG1888.jpg
    FO.gif
    th-1-262.jpeg
    Muppetoldguys.jpg
    Z6G0srO.gif
    abandon (1).gif
    Nothing.jpg
    not gay.jpg
    Will-Wonka-Enjoys-The-Terribly-Suspense-In-The-Chocolate-Factory.gif
    WWF.png
    20070803184509!ManBearPig.jpg
    scooby doo and three stooges.png
    There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 23.
    #401 10 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Take note, everyone. Only MrDo's opinion of "Epic" matters.

True.

And since we are on the subject, I'm not fifteen and I don't use "Epic" to describe everything that happens in life. Voice tracks in a game may have been "Epic" in the 70s... But they are EXPECTED in 2014.

In other words DanQ:

Fail.

#402 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinstor12:

trilogy, are you bored tonight?

Not really just watched a good football game . Just wondering if there is anything that JJP will announce that will be epic.

#403 10 years ago

In my opinion the only way a new SW pin is "epic" is if JJP is allowed the full collection to choose material from. I haven't researched recently the distribution rights of the first 6 movies, but I believe that 20th century fox has those rights, Disney owns the IP but that includes any likenesses and so on and movie distribution from here on out ie Episode 7+. If Disney doesn't have rights to distribute the first 6 films wouldn't that hinder the material JJP could pick for the LCD stuff? I am not sure an Episode 7 pin would be so "EPIC". Secondarily isn't Stern in bed with Disney? I mean POTC, TRON, X-Men (Disney bought Marvel), Avengers..

#404 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

True.
    And since we are on the subject, I'm not fifteen and I don't use "Epic" to describe everything that happens in life. Voice tracks in a game may have been "Epic" in the 70s... But they are EXPECTED in 2014.
    In other words DanQ:
    Fail.

Wait, True, or fail? Can't be both.

#405 10 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Wait, True, or fail? Can't be both.

So there is no such thing as a true failure? Odd.

#406 10 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Not really just watched a good football game . Just wondering if there is anything that JJP will announce that will be epic.

my money is on the under.

#407 10 years ago

All of this "epic" definition really ignores the fact of how it came into its current usage via 4chan circa 2008.

#408 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Or the first time you got a 'no request denied' girlfriend..........EPIC

But that was just bait.

#409 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

So there is no such thing as a true failure? Odd.

??? I should throw "fail" back at you for that one. That's a real non sequitur. How could what I said be both true and a fail?

I was simply remarking that your opinion sounded like a statement of fact. Never mind. I understand the difference, no need to go into it.

Yes, these days "epic" and "awesome" are synonymous. Sadly.

(And "awesome" has itself been watered down to contain no element of "awe." Also sad.)

#410 10 years ago

Thought of another possibility - hobbit pinball release bumped up to earlier in the year. Maybe with adding assets from movie 3 with a software update later. Just a guess based on the apparent need to push games out the door and start making some money.

Hey, if they want to promote an announcement, the wheels are going to spin.

#412 10 years ago

The announcement will be ...
    No more pre-announcements
    -EPIC- (for Jack)

#413 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballpal:

Maybe I should save my MMR money and sell my Star Trek LE and move out of my parents basement?

Yes to the first two but stay with your parents as anything "EPIC" is going to cost you so you can't afford to move out of your parents!

#419 10 years ago

image-983.jpgimage-983.jpg

Well Jack is in London. Unpacked one std wiz and one LE. Still a game inbox that is unpacked...

#420 10 years ago

Hmmm, well if he makes the announcement in regards to being in London I'm thinking its going to be about one of the three things.

1. 3rd pin is Harry Potter, JK Rowling lives in England, all the films were shot over there.
    2. 3rd pin is Star Wars, Episode 7 is being filmed in England.
    3. JJP has hired one or more of The Hobbit actors to do custom voice work and / or custom video capturing for Hobbit pinball.

#421 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit:

Well Jack is in London. Unpacked one std wiz and one LE. Still a game inbox that is unpacked...

image-983.jpg 66 KB

Guess it will be 3 WOZ then!

#422 10 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Guess it will be 3 WOZ then!

Or a hobbit?

#423 10 years ago

Time for some car comparisons.

#424 10 years ago

I'm not sure what the announcement will be but when it occurs, I'm looking forward to one thing sure to follow...

THE EPIC PINSIDE NERD RIOT MELTDOWN POSTS.

#425 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hmmm, well if he makes the announcement in regards to being in London I'm thinking its going to be about one of the three things.1. 3rd pin is Harry Potter, JK Rowling lives in England, all the films were shot over there.2. 3rd pin is Star Wars, Episode 7 is being filmed in England.3. JJP has hired one or more of The Hobbit actors to do custom voice work and / or custom video capturing for Hobbit pinball.

He was always going to be in London for EAG so not sure if the announcement is necessarily linked to the UK

#426 10 years ago
    Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I'm not sure what the announcement will be but when it occurs, I'm looking forward to one thing sure to follow...
    THE EPIC PINSIDE NERD RIOT MELTDOWN POSTS.

My torch is ready, and I'm sharpening my pitchfork.

#427 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

All of this "epic" definition really ignores the fact of how it came into its current usage via 4chan circa 2008.

I think MMO players might disagree with that origin story.

#428 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think MMO players might disagree with that origin story.

Yeah, epic loot was used in wow and in eq before 4chan. That might have been the source but who knows.

#429 10 years ago

Free epics for all!

#430 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit:

image-983.jpg 66 KB

Looks like a Red, Green and Standard to me.

#431 10 years ago

Not a chance in the world. But I don't want to kill your dreams.

#432 10 years ago

Star Wars doesn't really make much sense for #3, seeing as the film isn't really close to actually filming, and the source material will be virtually unknown and subject to significant likely delays, for quite some time now.

I don't think the London thing has anything to do with it.

#433 10 years ago

Epic announcement is an ultra super duper very limited edition blue WOZ.

#434 10 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

I dont really care that much for Hobbit, but i'm not sure that its a third woz

#435 10 years ago

i hope the announcement is the third game that will be made BEFORE the hobbit. Now that would be epic. Imagine a summer or fall JJP game that gets delivered before Dec. He already commited to making the remaining WOZ in 90 or so days so that leaves a production line down for 8 or 9 months. Gotta make something!

#436 10 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

i hope the announcement is the third game that will be made BEFORE the hobbit. Now that would be epic. Imagine a summer or fall JJP game that gets delivered before Dec. He already commited to making the remaining WOZ in 90 or so days so that leaves a production line down for 8 or 9 months. Gotta make something!

What about the red WoZ's? I kinda thought those were the stop-gap...?

#437 10 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

Ill kill them... It's not hobbit

#438 10 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Exactly.

Pat Lawlor haunted house or MMR - sure it is one of these.

#439 10 years ago
    Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

What about the red WoZ's? I kinda thought those were the stop-gap...?

At 9k I'm sure it won't take long to make the dozen or so of those red ruby.

#440 10 years ago

Was there ever an update one when the announcement was coming?

#441 10 years ago

I think there was an announcement that and update was coming, but I can't remember.

#442 10 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

Was there ever an update one when the announcement was coming?

Not that I am aware of but since it's already evening there one can assume it's not today!

#443 10 years ago

Its a cross between the 3 Stooges and a music based pin.....

Moe.jpgMoe.jpg

#444 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

At 9k I'm sure it won't take long to make the dozen or so of those red ruby.

iceman with the JJP dig? Now I've seen everything.

#445 10 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

EAF

Epic Announcement Fatigue

#446 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

EAF
    Epic Announcement Fatigue

Jack at EAG.

You need a new acronym

#447 10 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Iceman has been honest, like many JJP supporters. $9,000 is to much money for any pinball.

#448 10 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

Iceman has been honest, like many JJP supporters. $9,000 is to much money for any pinball.

Its not really meant for most of pinside. Its meant for the super high end collector or WOZ fan. Its mainly marketed with the 75th annivarsary WOZ stuff.

#449 10 years ago

Star Wars makes sense because filming starts soon and JJP will be busy with the hobbit all year.

#450 10 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Its not really meant for most of pinside. Its meant for the super high end collector or WOZ fan. Its mainly marketed with the 75th annivarsary WOZ stuff.

super high end sucker...

There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-epic-announcment/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.