Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,134 posts
  • 310 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by chadderack
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-156.jpg
    tumblr_my251yovXq1s8q2exo1_400.gif
    tumblr_m9q0n8yLta1rr6dugo1_500.gif
    olivia_wilde3._063syuh.gif
    IMAG1888.jpg
    FO.gif
    th-1-262.jpeg
    Muppetoldguys.jpg
    Z6G0srO.gif
    abandon (1).gif
    Nothing.jpg
    not gay.jpg
    Will-Wonka-Enjoys-The-Terribly-Suspense-In-The-Chocolate-Factory.gif
    WWF.png
    20070803184509!ManBearPig.jpg
    scooby doo and three stooges.png
    There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 23.
    #301 10 years ago

If London is a clue. To be truely epic the theme could only be Beatles. Some other great themes would be Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, Queen, Harry Potter, Bond, or Monty Python. Not so epic, Football (Soccer), Cricket, British Leyland, Range Rover, Morris Garages, Mini Cooper, Jaguar, Fish & Chips, Downton Abbey, just to name a few..

#302 10 years ago

Epic announcements with the beatles in it, should happen in Liverpool, not london.

#303 10 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

My guess....
    Pat Lawler is back,
    His machine is already designed,
    Software is finished,
    Yuosi has already done the artwork.
    It will be a non-licensed theme and will involve "vehicles".
    The machine is already in pre-production.

Hope you are right!!!

#304 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Downton Abbey

That would be something.

#305 10 years ago

The third disaster pin from lawlor... ES,WW...

#306 10 years ago

Third Elvira pin?

#307 10 years ago
    Quoted from LBJ:

I'd love to see JJP team with Zen pinball & make one of their tables!! That would be pretty epic!

Like Blade Captain America or the Haunted Forest[not sure of title ] one they did

#308 10 years ago

If it was only Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd! How awesome would that be from JJP and Lawlor

I'd love to see JJP's version of a music pin, but it would probably be more along Barry Manilow lines

#309 10 years ago

barry white would be the perfect widebody pin.

#310 10 years ago

Here is my last guess at an Epic announcement. This one will even make Jack G. laugh.

Jersey Jack Pinball is going to open a facility to produce pinball machines for the European market, in London.

#311 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rush1169:

If it's Lawlor, I gotta shrug a little. The last time Lawlor was considered 'epic' was when Stern introduced PLD and Monopoly. How's that one working for you? Actually Monopoly is not that bad, but it's not that great either.
    Shrek. Personally, I like the game, but not 'epic'.CSI. Never played it, can't comment, but they say little praise.Family Guy. I like this one a tad more than Shrek, but not 'epic'.Nascar. Not bad. Not great.Ripleys. Not bad. Not great.Roller Coaster. Not bad. Not great.Monopoly. Not bad. Not great.No Good Gofers. Not bad. Not great.Safecracker. Format not fair to say much.roadshow. Not bad. Not great.Twilight Zone. Epic.Addams Family. Epic.Funhouse. Epic.Whirlwind. Good.Earthshaker. Good.Banzai Run. I think it's epic, consensus is good.
    What have you done for me lately? Not much. Hopefully if it is a PL announcement, JJP provides renewed energy and enthusiasm and Lawlor resumes his epic productions. The potential is there.

I have to disagree with you somewhat, my friend. Earthshaker is great. Whirlwind is Epic. NGG has a fantastic layout and is just some better software away from being at least great (IMSBO). RBION is great, if a bit derivative.
    I would have loved to have seen what he could have done with Wizard Blocks.

I think the JJP kitchen sink philosophy combined with Lawlor's creativity would be an EPIC development.

#312 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That's for sure.
    Avoid poisonous mammals (if at all possible).

Venomous, not poisonous.

Look, look Mom, I knew something Vid didn't. Can I have a sticker!!!?

#313 10 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

Look, look Mom, I knew something Vid didn't. Can I have a sticker!!!?

I did leave some stickers with her last night.

#314 10 years ago

Jersey Jack has acquired the rights to re-manufacture Zaccaria pinball machines, the new company will be named Jaccaria .

#315 10 years ago

JJP doing the manufacturing for "Big Juicy Mellons"

#316 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

If London is a clue. To be truely epic the theme could only be Beatles. Some other great themes would be Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, Queen, Harry Potter, Bond, or Monty Python. Not so epic, Football (Soccer), Cricket, British Leyland, Range Rover, Morris Garages, Mini Cooper, Jaguar, Fish & Chips, Downton Abbey, just to name a few..

Yellow Submarine would make a nice pin.

#317 10 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

Jersey Jack has acquired the rights to re-manufacture Zaccaria pinball machines, the new company will be named Jaccaria .

Better not. I don't need a shitstorm in my beloved Zaccaria territory. Keep his mess free and clear of my euro line please.

#318 10 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

How appropriate, If I recall correctly, there was only one Zaccaria distributor in the US and it was based in New Jersey.

#319 10 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I have some more speculation to stir the pot. Has anybody thought about Epic Games, the videogame company?

I had the same thought. But I think an Infinity Blade pin would be pretty cool. That series made a good bit of money for EPIC.

#320 10 years ago

guys, the answer was in front of us the whole time. Jersey Jack is going to be showing up here:

header-e1387727403267.jpgheader-e1387727403267.jpg
    #321 10 years ago

How about Wizard Blocks or Kingpin?

#322 10 years ago

Star Wars is being filmed in London as we speak.

#323 10 years ago

The camera used to film the Hobbit movies is called EPIC (all caps same as in the announcement) I wonder if there is a linkage? Maybe custom video for the pin?

http://www.fcp.co/red/44-red-cameras/99-the-hobbit-to-be-filmed-on-reds-new-epic-camera

#324 10 years ago
    Quoted from ozno:

If it is that Star Wars will be game #3 . Not Epic at all . Game #1 =movie theme , Game #2 =movie theme , If game #3 is star wars that =movie theme . that is not an epic announcement at all , in fact it will be par , the norm , standard anything but epic .

#325 10 years ago

HFR video in a pinball game? It should be about the pinball not some LCD.

DMD art is cool with an LCD you lose some of coolness

#326 10 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

How about Wizard Blocks

That would be great!

#327 10 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

How about Wizard Blocks or Kingpin?

That would require a lot of mess to be cleared up, I would imagine. I'm sure ol' Gene is still certain that he owns Wizard Blocks rights, and last I heard he was still collecting names to fax and snail mail for the Kingpin remake.

#328 10 years ago

It would seem to be a lot easier from Gene's point of view just to sell those rights and collect some cash rather than try to build the games on his own.

#329 10 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

It would seem to be a lot easier from Gene's point of view just to sell those rights and collect some cash rather than try to build the games on his own.

Yeah, good luck talking sense into Gene.

#330 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

I'll buy you a beer sometime and share stories.

#331 10 years ago
    Quoted from ozno:

They're still working on the script, Episode 7 hasn't started shooting and will likely get pushed back just like Man of Steel 2: Justice League

#332 10 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

I'll buy you a beer sometime and share stories.

Like when he critisized my friend for only owning 25 pins , or charging 25% more than the prices he has marked for the parts he brings to shows and tells you that they are mismarked . Or that he doesn't know the price of the KISS backglass that he has on display next to other backglasses that are for sale .

#333 10 years ago

I hate announces of announcements then people talking and speculating on no info at all!

#334 10 years ago
    Quoted from magnoliarichj:

I hate announces of announcements then people talking and speculating on no info at all!

Good thing you are in Florida, go out and enjoy the beach while you wait for the info!

#335 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

LOL. I could talk to Georgiana?

#336 10 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

LOL. I could talk to Georgiana?

Do that. They don't have e-mail and they rarely answer the phone. Maybe skywrite it.

#337 10 years ago

It's a WWII theme, The Battle of Britain.

#338 10 years ago

No idea what the news is, but a Floyd/Zep/Beatles pin with the JJP sound system would be awesome. (Still disappointed with the Stern audio, even on LE music-themed games.)

#339 10 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

(Still disappointed with the Stern audio, even on LE music-themed games.)

Me too, but its better than nothing and it is very disappointing that JJP will probably never do any kind of music pin that I might like. Willy Wonka or Donny and Marie isn't it.

#340 10 years ago

I may have had too many Merry Monks, but I don't think you guys know what the word epic means. Along with the word epic, I would like to add the words amazing and awesome.
    Look them up. Pinball, as great as it is, is not epic, amazing or awesome. Sorry.

hiccup.

p.s. If you're a beer drinker and haven't tried Weyerbacher Merry Monk, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. It is....epic...amazing...and yes, awesome.

#341 10 years ago

Yellow Submarine should be a heck of a game. Looking forward to it.

#342 10 years ago

I can't imagine them being able to get the Beatles license. That would be fairly epic to have obtained a license that has been out of reach for pinball manufacturers for so long.

#344 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Do that. They don't have e-mail and they rarely answer the phone. Maybe skywrite it.

I heard Gene, Gene the Dancing machine had a tried & True Telex machine installed for speedy order placement by distributors. Just like on the covers of the old Bally (Cable address: Balfan Chicago) and Williams (Cable address: Wilcoin Chicago) and Gottlieb (Telex 72-8463) part catalogs. His cable address is probably Nincompoop Bloomington .

Of course if Gene can be pried away from his B&W Muntz or Philco teevee tonight in as he seeks the Ed Sullivan or All in the Family shows, he might read this on the internet and be slightly offended. LLLLMFAO!

#345 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I can't imagine them being able to get the Beatles license. That would be fairly epic to have obtained a license that has been out of reach for pinball manufacturers for so long.

Imagine

We'll see.

#346 10 years ago
    Quoted from hank35:

I may have had too many Merry Monks, but I don't think you guys know what the word epic means. Along with the word epic, I would like to add the words amazing and awesome.
    Look them up. Pinball, as great as it is, is not epic, amazing or awesome. Sorry.
    hiccup.
    p.s. If you're a beer drinker and haven't tried Weyerbacher Merry Monk, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. It is....epic...amazing...and yes, awesome.

You should try this beer. It's EPIC.

www.epicbeer.com

image-370.jpgimage-370.jpg

rd

#347 10 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

The camera used to film the Hobbit movies is called EPIC (all caps same as in the announcement) I wonder if there is a linkage? Maybe custom video for the pin?
    http://www.fcp.co/red/44-red-cameras/99-the-hobbit-to-be-filmed-on-reds-new-epic-camera

That's a good point. In fact, I think the latest RED Epic camera is in fact called The Dragon... So, there's some speculation fodder for ya!

#348 10 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

You should try this beer. It's EPIC.
    http://www.epicbeer.com

rd

It looks dirty sassy Dave. Ill look for it at Total Wine. Thanks Donny

I never turn down an IPA, there may fave.

image-370.jpg 47 KB

#349 10 years ago

I've had some very interesting clues/intel as to the Star Wars info in the last 6 months. Not saying how I know or if it's fact. But it could be. JJP and Star Wars would be epic !

It's not Harry Potter.

#350 10 years ago

Ahh!! No Harry Pothead. That was my dream machine

There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-epic-announcment/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.