Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,134 posts
  • 310 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by chadderack
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-156.jpg
    tumblr_my251yovXq1s8q2exo1_400.gif
    tumblr_m9q0n8yLta1rr6dugo1_500.gif
    olivia_wilde3._063syuh.gif
    IMAG1888.jpg
    FO.gif
    th-1-262.jpeg
    Muppetoldguys.jpg
    Z6G0srO.gif
    abandon (1).gif
    Nothing.jpg
    not gay.jpg
    Will-Wonka-Enjoys-The-Terribly-Suspense-In-The-Chocolate-Factory.gif
    WWF.png
    20070803184509!ManBearPig.jpg
    scooby doo and three stooges.png
    There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 23.
    #201 10 years ago

This...

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #202 10 years ago

My MMRLE remake deposit has a bad feeling about this.

#203 10 years ago

Over 200 posts about the announcement of nothing , That is epic . " Thank you sir , may I have another"

#204 10 years ago

Pat told me it was , 3 head's...or nothing at all..

#205 10 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Over 200 posts about the announcement of nothing , That is epic . " Thank you sir , may I have another"

Lawlor Animal House pin? I'm in!

#206 10 years ago

Yes, Animal House would be great! Doubt Jack does a theme like that though

#207 10 years ago

If it's Lawlor, I gotta shrug a little. The last time Lawlor was considered 'epic' was when Stern introduced PLD and Monopoly. How's that one working for you? Actually Monopoly is not that bad, but it's not that great either.

Shrek. Personally, I like the game, but not 'epic'.
    CSI. Never played it, can't comment, but they say little praise.
    Family Guy. I like this one a tad more than Shrek, but not 'epic'.
    NASCAR. Not bad. Not great.
    Ripleys. Not bad. Not great.
    Roller Coaster. Not bad. Not great.
    Monopoly. Not bad. Not great.
    No Good Gofers. Not bad. Not great.
    Safecracker. Format not fair to say much.
    Roadshow. Not bad. Not great.
    Twilight Zone. Epic.
    Addams Family. Epic.
    Funhouse. Epic.
    Whirlwind. Good.
    Earthshaker. Good.
    Banzai Run. I think it's epic, consensus is good.

What have you done for me lately? Not much. Hopefully if it is a PL announcement, JJP provides renewed energy and enthusiasm and Lawlor resumes his epic productions. The potential is there.

#208 10 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Hopefully a Steel Panther pin...

OMG YES

#209 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rush1169:

What have you done for me lately? Not much. Hopefully if it is a PL announcement, JJP provides renewed energy and enthusiasm and Lawlor resumes his epic productions. The potential is there.

Ahh, but he did have a decent hand in the concept of pin2k, and that was and is today, epic.

Ripley's Believe it or not is a great pin too, and Nascar is a close great. The worst pin he ever made was RCT.

#210 10 years ago

JJP's Midwest campus use to be in Pat's building they have since relocated.

#212 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jetzxi:

JJP's Midwest campus use to be in Pat's building they have since relocated.

Relocated to Area 51 , JJP's new pin will be a stealth bomber made with reverse engineering of alien technology .

#213 10 years ago

I can only be one of 3 games: HP, DH2.0 or SW... Hoping for SW then DH2.0 then HP in that order. Imo if they are announcing it in the UK then it has to be HP or DH2.0 tho....

#214 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rush1169:

If it's Lawlor, I gotta shrug a little. The last time Lawlor was considered 'epic' was when Stern introduced PLD and Monopoly. How's that one working for you? Actually Monopoly is not that bad, but it's not that great either.
    Nascar. Not bad. Not great.
    roadshow. Not bad. Not great.
    Twilight Zone. Epic.
    Addams Family. Epic.
    Funhouse. Epic.
    Whirlwind. Good.
    Earthshaker. Good.

Honesty, I have to agree with most of this (except I dislike Addams and label funhouse into the not bad category and dislike banzai run). Lawlor is probably decent for JJP style of games though. Lots of toys, not much flow - well his stern games and ngg had decent flow I guess. At first I was excited for a Lawlor game. But I have owned and sold all my Lawlor games so I think it turns out that I'm not much of a Lawlor fan after all.

#215 10 years ago

decals.

that is all.

#216 10 years ago

I would have to put Shrek/fgy in the not good catagory. Same with Nascar, and monopoly. Roadshow is like a D+ game. RCT is a C-. CSI is a D-.

Earthshaker, TAF, TZ and FH are fantastic. BR is unique but gets old quickly once you own it. WW is good. Safecracker is ok for awhile. Better to play at someone elses house. RIBON is good. NGG is a D+

he's all over the map. But has gotten worse over time. Used to be my favorite when I first starting collecting.

#217 10 years ago

Roadshow is A- imo, CSI is E-

#218 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rush1169:

Nascar. Not bad. Not great.
    roadshow. Not bad. Not great.
    Twilight Zone. Epic.
    Addams Family. Epic.
    Funhouse. Epic.
    Whirlwind. Good.
    Earthshaker. Good.

i think you went too easy on the newer stuff (nascar, monopoly and RCT the same rating as NGG and Roadshow??!!?!?!? Blasphemer!

But your trend line is correct; he went from Epic to shitty.... and I'm a huge Lawlor fan- so that's painful to say.

#219 10 years ago

Consider that all of his stern projects were probably hamstrung by the budget.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #221 10 years ago

Yeah, good point. If they were summoning the ghost of Nipsy Russell to design #3, that would be EPIC!!!

Lawlor is cool, at best.

#222 10 years ago

and live cameras, where you can watch the goat in action 24/7. That would almost be worth a 7k game. But not really.

#223 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

That would almost be worth a 7k game. But not really.

Oh, well look at rich Uncle Moneypenny now. *Almost* ready to shell out $7K for a NIB game. All it takes is goat design. How Bourgeois.

#224 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

That would almost be worth a 7k game. But not really.

They could make three LEs and each one would have one of the heads of the goat chopped off and thrown in the cabinet , and a special plaque written in the goats blood . 10k by Christmas .

#225 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Oh, well look at rich Uncle Moneypenny now. *Almost* ready to shell out $7K for a NIB game. All it takes is goat design. How Bourgeois.

That's the only way I would surpass my 6k limit. I'd go to 7k if a goat designed and put it together for me. That is the ONLY way I think a game should be worth 7k. ONLY way!

#226 10 years ago

and for 8k, your out of your mind. no game is worth 8k, and I don't give a shit if it was designed and built by a platypus.

#227 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

That's the only way I would surpass my 6k limit. I'd go to 7k if a goat designed and put it together for me. That is the ONLY way I think a game should be worth 7k. ONLY way!

Alright ! It seems as though my 3 headed goat has some fans , It's too bad he will be sacrificed to build this "EPIC" game .

#228 10 years ago

After the success of two classic books/movies, they will be announcing Where the Red Fern Grows!

red fern.jpgred fern.jpg

#229 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

After the success of two classic books/movies, they will be announcing Where the Red Fern Grows!

red fern.jpg 28 KB

Thankfully Keith is coding it, too - so no one will ever reach the wizard more. Because it is going to be suicidally sad.

#230 10 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Alright ! It seems as though my 3 headed goat has some fans , It's too bad he will be sacrificed to build this "EPIC" game .

Hopefully he will be like the talking goat from Adam Sandlers CD.

"He was fawking beating me loud huh! He was like, put up your dukes. but I don't have any dukes so there you have it."

#231 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

pinball-goat.jpgpinball-goat.jpg

#232 10 years ago

Whatever the announcement is, it is guaranteed to disappoint a lot of people here.

#233 10 years ago

and i'm sure it will be a hell of a overblown sales pitch.

#234 10 years ago

The 3 headed goat is now under contract to design a game for Trilogybeer .

#235 10 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

The 3 headed goat is now under contract to design a game for Trilogybeer .

I'll look forward to your live video feed. Let me know when it goes up live. I'll be there.

#236 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

pinball-goat.jpg 97 KB

With this pic. The more I look at it, makes me wonder if this is the work line at JJP and they get free labor from the retirement home down the street. No wonder they are slow at cranking out the games. The people he has building them are the same people going 10 under the limit in the left lane of the HWY.

#237 10 years ago

HA ! HA ! I just noticed the screwdriver in the goat's mouth ! That is awesome , Here is another thumbs up for your "EPIC" thumbs up battle with Centerflank.

#238 10 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

He said that to me, he gave you the same reply?

Probably says the same thing to everybody.

I'd love to watch Return of the Living Dead with him some night.

#239 10 years ago

UFC or Iron Maiden!!!

#240 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't give a shit if it was designed and built by a platypus.

Just in case it happens, don't touch its stinger.

stinger.jpgstinger.jpg

#241 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

pinball-goat.jpg 97 KB

This goat cannot be a JJP employee. He is clearly confused, overwhelmed and awaiting the time when he can drop the screwdriver and hit the burrito blaster for some lunch.

#242 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Just in case it happens, don't touch its stinger.

A platypus has a stinger ? If that is true it will be the only bit of useful information to come from this thread . Thanks
    Vid .

#243 10 years ago

Give them your money now before the price increase. Shipping 2016

#244 10 years ago

Ok, to qualify as 'epic' I think the next game, an unlicensed pin is done, finished. They will run 1000 games before production of the Hobbit.

The game will be in London, EAG, next week. Lawlor is the designer. Theme is some kind of haunted house.

Throwing even more wild speculation into the arena, Charlie who has something to do with JJP cabinets, threw a spanner into the works because he is not happy JJP's game clashes with his Ghost Squad and Zombie pin ( not even sure it is the same Charlie but fun speculating! )

#245 10 years ago

Lawlor is doing Timeshock.

#246 10 years ago

Sherlock Holmes, unlicensed theme. Skill shot - hit the the ball into the pipe.

#247 10 years ago

A Pinball 2000 comeback would be "epic" for the hobby.

Elvira 3? "Only" a new game isn't that epic for a pinball company imo.

#248 10 years ago

I remember years ago (when I first put a deposit on my WOZ pin) Jack told me they were making a WOZ, a movie theme, then an original theme pin. HHmmmm!

#249 10 years ago

What about Dennis Nordman and a third Ellvira

#250 10 years ago

How about buying PPS and moving MM production to New Jersey.

There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-epic-announcment/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.