5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,134 posts
  • 310 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by chadderack
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 63 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-156.jpg
    tumblr_my251yovXq1s8q2exo1_400.gif
    tumblr_m9q0n8yLta1rr6dugo1_500.gif
    olivia_wilde3._063syuh.gif
    IMAG1888.jpg
    FO.gif
    th-1-262.jpeg
    Muppetoldguys.jpg
    Z6G0srO.gif
    abandon (1).gif
    Nothing.jpg
    not gay.jpg
    Will-Wonka-Enjoys-The-Terribly-Suspense-In-The-Chocolate-Factory.gif
    WWF.png
    20070803184509!ManBearPig.jpg
    scooby doo and three stooges.png

There are 1134 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 23.
    #1101 5 years ago

What movie is that from? Olivia a a a a

#1102 5 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Pinside rule 1a.
    Olivia F'in Wilde.
    All other rules moot.

All hail rule 1a.

#1104 5 years ago

Pinside rule #1- BE NICE!
    Holy crap with the bickering guys.

Also, I would like to point out that in my head, the people in the avatars above are all sitting around in suits making faces and bickering at each other like those 2 old dudes in the Muppets.

#1105 5 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Pinside rule #1- BE NICE!
    Holy crap with the bickering guys.
    Also, I would like to point out that in my head, the people in the avatars above are all sitting around in suits making faces and bickering at each other like those 2 old dudes in the Muppets.

You can't bicker with an axe

#1106 5 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Pinside rule 1a.
    Olivia F'in Wilde.
    All other rules moot.

I'm a fan of this rule.

Quoted from hlaj78:

What movie is that from? Olivia a a a a

"The Changeup". Funny movie and in addition to Olivia's assets it also features Leslie Mann's surprisingly perky cans. Well worth a watch.

#1107 5 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I'm a fan of this rule.

"The Changeup". Funny movie and in addition to Olivia's assets it also features Leslie Mann's surprisingly perky cans. Well worth a watch.

Yes- she's good in that... till she comes to bed "guns hot" - great scene though!

She also co-stars with another hottie in "This is Forty"... and got to 2nd base with her....

tumblr_m9q0n8yLta1rr6dugo1_500.gif
    tumblr_my251yovXq1s8q2exo1_400.gif

#1109 5 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Yes- she's good in that... till she comes to bed "guns hot" - great scene though!

She also co-stars with another hottie in "This is Forty"... and got to 2nd base with her....

Epic announcement . This thread just got good .

#1110 5 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

That is Megan Fox.

#1111 5 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

That is Megan Fox.

Names are not important .

#1112 5 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

those 2 old dudes in the Muppets.

Hilarious! Those guys are Statler and Waldorf, names taken from hotels in NYC.

#1113 5 years ago
    Quoted from MTPPC:

I'm thinking about laying a deposit out on JJP's #4 right now! That would be epic!

I giggled and then saw he was retired and giggled a little more....

#1114 5 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

BOING

#1115 5 years ago

I think its easy...I think WOZ is a great pin with a beautiful cabinet cleared pf toys etc etc. It still has issues but that is to be exspected to a degree. I think the thing that gets people to say lets get real and comment against JJP is the fact that some treat the pin as a cure for cancer. To me it is beautiful but still not proven 100%. Just like Sterns lack of finishing code in some situations. The thing that bothers me the most is that there are some still waiting for their LE. I feel for those guys that paid 3 years ago and still do not have it. I just hope Jack succeeds and WOZ holds it value for those guys. TH and pin three should be a lot smoother...should. But do not be surprised when things get less and less in his pins and cheaper with less toys. When I say cheaper i mean cost to build not sell. ALL companies explore cost savings and JJP will as well. The cabinet art has me thinking this has already started but I do not worry about the cabinet as nuch as gameplay and lastability. I wish JJP luck and hope he remains a player along with Stern.

#1116 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The thought behind that is to me WOZ is the most feature loaded / complex pin ever built

You keep saying this, but is it? Is it really? How is it the most feature loaded and complex game? I think Judge Dredd is probably more feature loaded & complex. Look at all that shit on the playfield...it's so complex it confuses the hell out of me lol. How about STTNG with the whole opto subway system, cannons, etc. TZ with all its crazy crap. Man I think some 80's Zaccaria games might be more complex! WOZ, while having some firsts like color changing LEDs - the actual playfield and mechanics aren't complex at all.

#1117 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I think Judge Dredd is probably more feature loaded & complex.

Yeah, but Judge Dredd is only a $1400 game folks!

#1118 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, but Judge Dredd is only a $1400 game folks!

You could snag them for less than $1000 all day long a few years back!

#1119 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

You could snag them for less than $1000 all day long a few years back!

#1120 5 years ago

In the rush to get the newest title, I think people forget how feature rich many of the older games are. Even ones that may not have as much "stuff" in them are still a blast to play.

After all, hasn't Stern shown that a more sparse playfield can be fast and fun with their more recent titles?

If you've never owned a machine or played a particular title much, wouldn't it seem "new" to you?

#1121 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

The thought behind that is to me WOZ is the most feature loaded / complex pin ever built

Maybe it is the most complex, its not running 100% just yet.

#1122 5 years ago
    Quoted from cal50:

Maybe it is the most complex, its not running 100% just yet.

LOL, well - not talking about rules...talking about physical stuff on the playfield. None of it is complex, IMO. Motor makes Witch bust go up and down. Motor makes house spin. A few saucers. A few magnets.

#1123 5 years ago

Crystal ball video projector, monkey comes down and grabs ball, swinging doors...

#1124 5 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

Crystal ball video projector, monkey comes down and grabs ball, swinging doors...

Are those really complex? Magnet's another motor device. Doors? Eh. Cystal Ball - cool, but complex?

#1125 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Are those really complex? Magnet's another motor device. Doors? Eh. Cystal Ball - cool, but complex?

You do realize one of the major goals in designing pinball "toys" is to keep things as simple as possible right? Designers understand the toll these things take and a complex mech isn't going to last the thousands upon thousands of games that a pinball machine gets on location. Look at the Stern POTC ship as a perfect example. It's a great toy that looks cool and seems complicated, yet one coil controls the whole thing.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#1126 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

You keep saying this, but is it? Is it really? How is it the most feature loaded and complex game? I think Judge Dredd is probably more feature loaded & complex. Look at all that shit on the playfield...it's so complex it confuses the hell out of me lol. How about STTNG with the whole opto subway system, cannons, etc. TZ with all its crazy crap. Man I think some 80's Zaccaria games might be more complex! WOZ, while having some firsts like color changing LEDs - the actual playfield and mechanics aren't complex at all.

Those are definitely complex games as well. I own TZ as well as STTNG and I suppose would find WOZ to be just as complex. 5 magnets (2 underneath for cool ball magnet effects) with one of them being on a toy that moves up / down and then brings your ball to a mini playfield, two mini playfields with moving toys (one having multiple targets + its own loop shot, 2 VUK's, crystal ball toy, the LCD, 5 flippers, single drop target (not several but it at least there's one), targets between the pops, 7 roll over targets and two different outlane mini games.

I speak highly about WOZ so much as a game like it in terms of a wide body with that many interactive toys hasn't been made in nearly 20 years. The last time we saw a game like WOZ was in the day's of TZ, STTNG and Indiana Jones. It's just awesome to me that the fully loaded wide body game is back and that JJP is taking it a step further with features like an LCD, RGB LED lighting, stereo sound, etc.

#1127 5 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

You do realize one of the major goals in designing pinball "toys" is to keep things as simple as possible right? Designers understand the toll these things take and a complex mech isn't going to last the thousands upon thousands of games that a pinball machine gets on location. Look at the Stern POTC ship as a perfect example. It's a great toy that looks cool and seems complicated, yet one coil controls the whole thing.

I agree - and the POTC ship is awesome from a design perspective and from a player perspective. Multiple change states, animation, and sinking to reveal a new shot. To me, that's perfectly "pinball complex".

#1128 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

In the rush to get the newest title, I think people forget how feature rich many of the older games are.

I just picked up a game like this....

Wide body
    Drop targets
    Multiple pops
    Two banks of rollovers
    Spinner
    Two sets of flipper buttons controlling two sets of flippers individually
    5 flippers. Count em! 5!
    Mini playfield area with multiple drop targets
    Hand drawn artwork

It's called Genie and we can't stop playing her.

rd

image-156.jpg

#1129 5 years ago

Very nice RD! Very nice indeed.

#1130 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I just picked up a game like this....
    Wide body
    Drop targets
    Multiple pops
    Two banks of rollovers
    Spinner
    Two sets of flipper buttons controlling two sets of flippers individually
    5 flippers. Count em! 5!
    Mini playfield area with multiple drop targets
    Hand drawn artwork
    It's called Genie and we can't stop playing her.
    rd

image-156.jpg 393 KB

Congratulations, that's a great game. I play it at Silverball quite frequently.

#1131 5 years ago

Nice RD! Sometimes I think it easy to forget that the soul of pinball is in the ball and the flippers. That fact never changes. You can pile all of the toys that you desire right on top, but it still just the ball and the flippers that are at the core of the machine.

#1132 5 years ago

That's why Centigrade 37 is such a great machine!

1 week later
    #1133 5 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

They are going to ship pinball machines on time?

I don't think so

2 months later
    #1134 5 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

That "hottie" is Megan Fox.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 69.00
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 109.95
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 26.50
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 800.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 74.00
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    € 3.95
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    There are 1134 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside