Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,134 posts
  • 310 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by chadderack
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-156.jpg
    tumblr_my251yovXq1s8q2exo1_400.gif
    tumblr_m9q0n8yLta1rr6dugo1_500.gif
    olivia_wilde3._063syuh.gif
    IMAG1888.jpg
    FO.gif
    th-1-262.jpeg
    Muppetoldguys.jpg
    Z6G0srO.gif
    abandon (1).gif
    Nothing.jpg
    not gay.jpg
    Will-Wonka-Enjoys-The-Terribly-Suspense-In-The-Chocolate-Factory.gif
    WWF.png
    20070803184509!ManBearPig.jpg
    scooby doo and three stooges.png
    There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 23.
    #1051 10 years ago
    Quoted from KYpinhead:

Best post of the day! Maybe, even all of 2014.

Except they didn't "borrow money"!

#1052 10 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Except they didn't "borrow money"!

True... loans require loan approval... where underwriters examine profit, loss, cash flow, working capital & other guidelines n shit.

#1053 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

OT to Pincades; I was in Griffith yesterday and stopped by. Didn't realize Friday is an off day. I understand though. Maybe next time. Store looks nice. Hope a Cubs fan stops in as spring training starting in a few weeks will get that Premier/Gottlieb pin sold.
    Saw an R8 on Cline Ave. though so the trip was worthwhile...

IMAG1888.jpg 105 KB

Sorry i missed ya, i have said this before call me if im not open, (219-924-PINS) it forwards to my cell! i live close and if im not busy ill swing up to meet a fellow pinsider. Or give me a heads up when your coming through.

Maybe next time
    Pincades
    JT

#1054 10 years ago
    Quoted from soren:

"...millions of pinball enthusiasts"
    That's epic!
    I wonder...
    What is the total sum of all the people ever posting on RGP and Pinside combined. As well as the count registred at IFPA. And counting all the attendees since the dawn of Pinball Expo.

I think it is a little short sighted to think the only pinball enthusiasts are on Pinside and RGP. Many people dont' even know about the shows let alone IFPA. Stop thinking inside the box.

Do you think the only fans of AC/DC are on an AC/DC forum?

Chris

#1055 10 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

about the shows let alone IFPA

I did once look up how many people in IFPA and I was shocked . Way more than I thought it would be .

#1056 10 years ago

I think if JJP is to announce a new game, it needs to be of a book that hasn't been written, let alone a move not produced yet. That will give them plenty of time to deliver on time.

#1057 10 years ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

I think if JJP is to announce a new game, it needs to be of a book that hasn't been written, let alone a move not produced yet. That will give them plenty of time to deliver on time.

Har de frickin' har. Except, wait, what, whoops, they already said it will be an original theme.

#1058 10 years ago

Har de frickin' har. Except, wait, what, whoops, they already said it will be an original theme.

Yea, they also said they would have delivered all WOZ by now too.

#1059 10 years ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

Yea, they also said they would have delivered all WOZ by now too.

Yea unto you too, I'm sure if you ever attempted such a, yes, epic endeavor as starting a pinball company from scratch, you'd have no hiccups along the way whatsoever.

#1060 10 years ago

Hiccups? Nobody said JJP would be perfect, nobody expected them to be. How they dealt with the issues is what's important. I'm not saying they did good or bad, but if you think they did an excellent job dealing with their "hiccups" as you put it, then keep buying and keep supporting. What else can you do?

Yea unto you too, I'm sure if you ever attempted such a, yes, epic endeavor as starting a pinball company from scratch, you'd have no hiccups along the way whatsoever.

#1061 10 years ago

How much is JJP paying you?

#1062 10 years ago

not as much as a few others.

#1063 10 years ago

Yea unto you too, I'm sure if you ever attempted such a, yes, epic endeavor as starting a pinball company from scratch

This is the kind of fawning rhetoric that makes me laugh.

Most companies that are startups (and, guess what- there's TONS), REALLY start from scratch. JJP had 3 years of revenues BANKED before he produced a single product! That's a pretty comfortable way to get started...

I guarantee there's a lot of businesses that would love to shift ALL the risk of their startup to the consumers like Jack did.... and that's exactly what happened here.

Now I certainly hope JJP beats the odds and stays in business (its much better for pinball that way), but this silly deifying of the guy is just foolish.

#1064 10 years ago

Paying me? Deify? It is to laugh.

I could ask how much is Stern paying you, but I am not an idiot.

#1065 10 years ago

Looks like Rudy finally found the internet.

#1066 10 years ago

More posts were made before the announcement than after

Not very epic lol

#1067 10 years ago

Not surprised.

#1068 10 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

They announced!?!

#1069 10 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Not very epic lol

Now its all denouncement

#1070 10 years ago

Can't wait to hear more about the game. I know JJP game #3 is still a ways off but that doesn't matter to me. WOZ is such a beauty and JJP did an amazing job with that game and there's still more to be added code wise to an already deep ruleset. The wait will be well worth it for not only Pats game but The Hobbit as well.

#1071 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Can't wait to hear more about the game. I know JJP game #3 is still a ways off but that doesn't matter to me. WOZ is such a beauty and JJP did an amazing job with that game and there's still more to be added code wise to an already deep ruleset. The wait will be well worth it for not only Pats game but The Hobbit as well.

Any talk about a game #3 would be rubbing salt in an open wound for people still waiting for game #1.
    Less talking and more doing would be best.

#1072 10 years ago

I'm thinking about laying a deposit out on JJP's #4 right now! That would be epic!

#1074 10 years ago
    Quoted from MTPPC:

I'm thinking about laying a deposit out on JJP's #4 right now! That would be epic!

First to Pay is first to Play... Oh, wait......

#1075 10 years ago
    Quoted from cal50:

Any talk about a game #3 would be rubbing salt in an open wound for people still waiting for game #1.
    Less talking and more doing would be best.

That's true. JJP is trying to get WOZECLE's out as fast as possible and I think this weeks Facebook photo shows just how committed Jack is to doing that. He has a lot of passion for his company and pinball in general. The wait will be well well worth it for people with WOZECLE orders. I ended up getting my game in November and still think "Wow, I can't believe they made this game for their first game". The thought behind that is to me WOZ is the most feature loaded / complex pin ever built and it's very impressive that JJP built that type of game with the a high quality level for their first game. It's taken longer then expected, there's been delays, but just look at how they finished with producing a beautiful fully loaded game.

#1076 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's true. JJP is trying to get WOZECLE's out as fast as possible and I think this weeks Facebook photo shows just how committed Jack is to doing that.

That is one hilarious statement. You are judging how much commitment, by one picture?

If you are always that easy, you are a saleman's dream customer.

#1077 10 years ago

No, please read the rest of my comments.

I can tell how much Jack is committed to his company because of how good WOZ is. The quality of the game, the number of toys, features, improvements on old tech and releasing regular code updates for the game shows just how much JJP is committed to making high quality pinball machines.

A very small group of people think Jack is out there to screw his customers. Those people haven't either talked to him, owned a WOZ or just refuse to believe someone selling a high end pin can be an honest good person. Jack is a great guy who is passoniate about making pinball machines. I spoke to him at last years Michigan Pinball expo and we had a great chat about WOZ. Before I spoke to him he was standing behind the long lines of people waiting to play WOZ and was just smiling. You could tell he was happy to see everyone enjoying his product and having a great time. That's just cool in my book and I'm proud to be supporting a company whose mindset is quality and fun.

#1078 10 years ago

pinball rocks btw

#1079 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Jack is a great guy who is passoniate about making pinball machines.

Jack is indeed a great guy.

I think what people mean is that he should hire an experienced production manager to manage the actual day to day, and leave himself to the handshaking and baby kissing.

#1080 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I think what people mean is that he should hire an experienced production manager to manage the actual day to day, and leave himself to the handshaking and baby kissing.

This X 1,000!

#1081 10 years ago

Gary should hire someone to make sure all games are finished with complete code in a timely fashion, before releasing say a half dozen more machines!

#1082 10 years ago

Oh and for the record I do not disagree with this statement!

Quoted from vid1900:

Jack is indeed a great guy.

#1083 10 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

Gary should hire someone to make sure all games are finished with complete code in a timely fashion, before releasing say a half dozen more machines!

Pinside rule #3:

All JJP discussions must be tainted by injecting comments about Stern.

#1084 10 years ago

JJP certainly needs to soon get to the point where they can consistently crank out 200 machines a month or they will not be a viable company. The pre-ordering and waiting for years will not fly much longer. People will simply bail out of their orders and request refunds.
    One thing Stern understands very well is that they need to get the new releases in the hands of the buyers quickly so they will not have time to lose interest in the title and the sale is truly locked in.

#1086 10 years ago

pinside rule #2 All Stern discussions must be tainted by injecting comments about JJP

#1087 10 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

pinside rule #2 All Stern discussions must be tainted by injecting comments about JJP

LOL, so true.

JJP makes 1 game in 3 years time and every Stern thread has to have some statement of JJP "quality".

#1088 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Like Gary does at Stern.

#1089 10 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

Try an amazing & simple concept and don't buy it if you do not like it.

#1090 10 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

pinside rule #4 - all WOZ discussion must be tainted by Panzerfreak telling us how pretty the game is and/or posting a picture of the rules lcd screen telling us how deep the rules will be when the code is finished.

#1091 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No, please read the rest of my comments.
    I can tell how much Jack is committed to his company because of how good WOZ is. The quality of the game, the number of toys, features, improvements on old tech and releasing regular code updates for the game shows just how much JJP is committed to making high quality pinball machines.
    A very small group of people think Jack is out there to screw his customers. Those people haven't either talked to him, owned a WOZ or just refuse to believe someone selling a high end pin can be an honest good person. Jack is a great guy who is passoniate about making pinball machines. I spoke to him at last years Michigan Pinball expo and we had a great chat about WOZ. Before I spoke to him he was standing behind the long lines of people waiting to play WOZ and was just smiling. You could tell he was happy to see everyone enjoying his product and having a great time. That's just cool in my book and I'm proud to be supporting a company whose mindset is quality and fun.

Separate issues and nothing you said has anything to do with the current problems~

The people that are still waiting are asking for some honest answers about delivery and out of order shipping.
    Lots of questions and not a lot of answers coming from JJP not including the multiple game issues people are having.

No one is getting "screwed" and people just want a game they have been waiting a long time for. Its another problem if you wait that long and the game does not work properly.

#1092 10 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

pinside rule #4 - all WOZ discussion must be tainted by Panzeyfreak telling us how pretty the game is and/or posting a picture of the rules lcd screen telling us how deep the rules will be when the code is finished.

Calling me "PanzeyFreak" now eh? Resorting to name calling again?

I've posted the rule screens for people asking for them and while discussing the rules for the game.

So I can't talk positive about JJP but you can bash them whenever? Nope.

Grow up.

#1093 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Calling me "PanzeyFreak" now eh? Resorting to name calling again?

I've posted the rule screens for people asking for them and while discussing the rules for the game.

Grow up.

ha! my mistake! i'll fix that. R and Y are so close together.
    but what do you mean "again"?

#1094 10 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

ha! my mistake! i'll fix that. R and Y are so close together.
    but what do you mean "again"?

You know I would buy that if you were not negative or disrespectful based on your recent WOZ comments. Seems like your goal is to just start crap in JJP related threads.

#1095 10 years ago

Pinside rule #5- all discussion must be tainted...

#1096 10 years ago

Fact is you can love the machine and love the rules and even love the glossy cabinet but they have so many problems that are still unresolved that declaring a high watermark for quality isn't accurate. Maybe on the next pin, not this one.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #1098 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No, please read the rest of my comments. blockquote>

I have. (Actually have most of them memorized by now.) I was questioning your line of thinking off of your very own statement. You made me laugh. That is all.

A very small group of people think Jack is out there to screw his cutomers.

"A very small group of people think Jack is out there to screw his customers."

Here's another one. Who said that? I don't recall seeing anyone saying that. (But I also don't read every post).

A select few woz fanatics inject ideas or words from a poster, then wonder why they get a disagreement or a rebuttal.

People don't question his enthusiasm, great guy, great first attempt, his trying to get games out as fast as possible, etc....People are wondering what the truth is when their game is shipping, and if known issues are being resolved.

Pretty much it. Simple.

Looking forward to seeing JJP's second and third game, and more.

#1099 10 years ago

JJP threads need more cheerleaders & haters

We need to argue more

#1100 10 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

JJP threads need more cheerleaders & haters
    We need to argue more

Yep. What's the point of the continued bickering between mostly the same people? You would think they'd be tired after 3 years. I know I'm tired of seeing it in almost every single thread.

There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-epic-announcment/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.