Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,134 posts
  • 310 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by chadderack
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-156.jpg
    tumblr_my251yovXq1s8q2exo1_400.gif
    tumblr_m9q0n8yLta1rr6dugo1_500.gif
    olivia_wilde3._063syuh.gif
    IMAG1888.jpg
    FO.gif
    th-1-262.jpeg
    Muppetoldguys.jpg
    Z6G0srO.gif
    abandon (1).gif
    Nothing.jpg
    not gay.jpg
    Will-Wonka-Enjoys-The-Terribly-Suspense-In-The-Chocolate-Factory.gif
    WWF.png
    20070803184509!ManBearPig.jpg
    scooby doo and three stooges.png
    There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 23.
    #901 10 years ago

At the rate this thread is going it won't be long before it surpasses the Predator thread.

#902 10 years ago

This thread:

Nothing.jpgNothing.jpg

#903 10 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

Grunge sucked balls. I remember seeing David Lee Roth in Chicago and Alice in Chains opened for him. They got booed off the stage.

Chicago is a tough crowd period. They even were tough on Smashing Pumpkins Billy Corgan a few years ago.

#904 10 years ago

abandon (1).gifabandon (1).gif
    #905 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

This thread:

#906 10 years ago

Bryan_Kelly said:
    Jack makes P.T. Barnum look silly. Think of what P.T. could have done had he used the term EPIC!!

So were the suckers for believing jack ... Again.

#907 10 years ago

Loading Epic Announcement.... Please Wait

Z6G0srO.gifZ6G0srO.gif

#908 10 years ago

and there it is...its a Billy Preston themed pin...

he has worked with everyone....he is an R&B legend.

i think everyone in the pinball community has been waiting on this one for a long time..

#910 10 years ago
    Quoted from islandpinball:

Billy does have a cool topper.

#911 10 years ago

I think he's holding off on the announcement just to see what this thread has to say next. He probably wanted to announce 2 days ago.

#912 10 years ago

I think the EPIC news was already leaked with the npr interview and subsequent ramblings on 12-20-13.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unlicensed-theme-after-the-hobbit

read the comments and the hints.

#913 10 years ago

Bleach--------------5,000,000
    Nevermind---------31,000,000
    In Utero-----------15,000,000
    ======================
    Total---------------51,000,000
    =
    =
    =
    Ten---------------13,300,000
    Vs-----------------7,400,000
    Vitalogy------------5,900,000
    ======================
    Total---------------26,600,000
    =
    =
    =
    Please Please Me-------1,400,000
    With the Beatles---------935,000
    A Hard Day's Night-----4,800,000
    ===========================
    Total---------------------7,135,000

#914 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

All I know is that Pearl Jam has had 20 years to put out another good album to surpass Nirvana's musical legacy, and has not. Short lived as it was, Nirvana's catalog is superior. PJ was amazing at their beginning. Simply genius. Then they devolved, frighteningly quick, into a cultish jam band. They hit Vitology, Eddie channeled Neil Young, and it went off the rails.
    Then again, I would put them both on repeat for 10 years before I got to the Beatles overrated catalog.
    Flame away still that.

That is true. But if you want to go with out of the box. Pearl Jams 10, was way bigger than Bleach ever was. It wasn't until Nirvanas second album , Nevermind, that they really took off.

that being said. Nirvana unplugged was one of the best albums i've ever heard, and made me a nirvana fan. If it wasn't for that, I wouldnt' even care for Nirvana. Pearl Jam has some really awesome stuff out there. Yield is still one of my favorites.

#915 10 years ago

I hear pin #3 will be a Jack autobiographical theme, "the secret life of Walter Mitty"

#916 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Bleach--------------5,000,000
    Nevermind-------31,000,000
    In Utero-----------15,000,000
    ======================
    Total---------------51,000,000
    =
    =
    =
    Ten----------------13,300,000
    Vs-------------------7,400,000
    Vitalogy------------5,900,000
    ======================
    Total---------------26,600,000
    =
    =
    =
    Please Please Me-------1,400,000
    With the Beatles------------935,000
    A Hard Day's Night-----4,800,000
    ===========================
    Total-------------------------7,135,000

Are you picking the first three albums only?

Best selling for Beatles:

1 = 12,281,000
    Abbey Road = 12,000,000
    St. Pepper = 11,000,000
    Total = ~36,000,000

#917 10 years ago

Muppetoldguys.jpgMuppetoldguys.jpg
    #918 10 years ago

Bah...I'm goin' to see Jack Ryan....I hope it's at least mediocre...

#919 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

That is true. But if you want to go with out of the box. Pearl Jams 10, was way bigger than Bleach ever was. It wasn't until Nirvanas second album , Nevermind, that they really took off.
    that being said. Nirvana unplugged was one of the best albums i've ever heard, and made me a nirvana fan. If it wasn't for that, I wouldnt' even care for Nirvana. Pearl Jam has some really awesome stuff out there. Yield is still one of my favorites.

But that is not a fair comparison. Bleach was released on the indie label Sub Pop and Ten was released by Epic, so distribution between the two would have been a night and day difference. You can say what you will about Nirvana (I personally think the copped Mudhoney's vibe) but they paved the way for other Seattle band's (and many many other non-Seattle based bands) major label deals. They opened the flood gates. They became an unexpected diamond artist in the age of manufactured diamond artists and, for better or worse, splintered the pop/rock audience into countless sub-genres. And who do we have to thank for Nirvana's success? Sonic Youth! DGC signed Nirvana on the recommendation of Sonic Youth alone (and brought a Sub Pop distro deal along for the ride.)

#921 10 years ago

think i'm going to drink some Bleach...

#922 10 years ago

I can't decide what I'm more excited about -- the actual announcement or watching Pinside implode once the announcement hits. I'm guessing before 5PM EST today?

#923 10 years ago
    Quoted from islandpinball:

he has worked with everyone....he is an R&B legend.
    i think everyone in the pinball community has been waiting on this one for a long time..

Outta Space baby.

#924 10 years ago

that is true.

Just like the beatles numbers are accurate. You have to remember back those days, people usually didn't buy whole albums. SIngles was the way to go. So if you go by singles, the beatles outsold everyone else. But that is not fair as well, because Pearl Jam/nirvana was limited in how singles were sold.

#925 10 years ago

MLB FTW.
    th-1-262.jpegth-1-262.jpeg

#926 10 years ago
    Quoted from retired_user_101:

I think I'm going to drink some Bleach.

That's not what they mean when someone tells you to "lighten up".

#927 10 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

That's not what they mean when someone tells you to "lighten up".

horse feathers

#928 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Pearl Jam 10 was awesome. Everything that followed sucked a little more until it hit horrible. I think Nirvana was great but they also benefitted from the swing in music styles which they helped create. I don't listen to, or hear on xm, pearl jam. I do hear a little nirvana from time to time. My iPhone has the complete Beatles catalog and I find myself listening to a lot of 70's rock. So, um, yeah...

#929 10 years ago

All this retro talk is so retro......

#930 10 years ago

LOWRY joins UP! NICE!!!!

#931 10 years ago

Just got the email:

Lakewood, New Jersey - January 24, 2014 - Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc., the industry leading designer and manufacturer of premium, no compromise pinball machines is very proud to announce the collaboration of their next machine with the legendary pinball designer Pat Lawlor. Pat is returning to Pinball to build an EPIC machine with JJP.

Pat Lawlor Joins the Jersey Jack Pinball Team!

Pat is well-regarded by millions of pinball enthusiasts around the world for what he has been able to create over the years like the best selling pinball machine "The Adams Family". Pat will have the help and support of the JJP team along with his long time teammate Ted Estes. It is our intention that Pat will be able to create a game that truly lets him explore the space of new technology available today in the JJP platform.

"The game will be an original idea enabling Pat and his Team to imagine and to create. If you are a true pinball enthusiast you are going to love this pinball machine" said JJP Founder Jack Guarnieri.

Stay Tuned.....!

#932 10 years ago

awwww - i wanted to post first

#933 10 years ago

Wow, it's been a long time coming for an original theme.

#935 10 years ago

I can't hold back my excitement!

#936 10 years ago

that announcement just blew my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#937 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

Maybe it will be Lawlor doing an unlicensed theme, but not naming the theme. That way they build excitement but don't cut into current sales.

Ha! I called it pretty early on (bottom of the first page).

#938 10 years ago

I am completely shocked with regards to Original THEME.....

Good luck Pat and JJP!

#939 10 years ago

I hope it's as good as Nascar.

#941 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

Ha! I called it pretty early on (bottom of the first page).

You may have to see a doctor if you hurt yourself reaching around to pat yourself on the back like that.

#942 10 years ago

ORIGINAL THEME! Pat Lawlor and Estes with the freedom to do as they please working with a new modern platform. Take my money please! Exciting news for pinball!

#943 10 years ago

This thread could have ended after the 3rd post.

#944 10 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

If you are a true pinball enthusiast you are going to love this pinball machine"

I guess if I dont, I'm not.

#945 10 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Be careful. You may have to see a doctor if you hurt yourself reaching around to pat yourself on the back like that.

Ouch... I think I pulled a muscle.

#946 10 years ago
    Quoted from S37VEN:

This thread could have ended after the 3rd post.

Bingo!

I guess the delay was epic at least.

#947 10 years ago

Pat L. joins JJP wow that is EPIC !!>!>!????

#948 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaTa:

I just got on and saw 90+ visits to the tread since before I left for work. I'm like, WOW! Something had to of been said. said. I was so excited when I first stared reading each post, hoping the next page would deliver... Buutttt No, here I am, disappointed! Not being part of the whole WOZ experience, I feel like I'm getting a crash course on JJP!

maybe hit refresh?

#949 10 years ago

I don't think it's all that big of a deal. I'll bet it doesn't sell that well.

#950 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I hope it's as good as Nascar.

Wow that sure is setting the bar low. But with those kind of low expectations you can probably guarantee you won't be disappointed at whatever the new game turns out to be!

There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-epic-announcment/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.