Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,134 posts
  • 310 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by chadderack
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-156.jpg
    tumblr_my251yovXq1s8q2exo1_400.gif
    tumblr_m9q0n8yLta1rr6dugo1_500.gif
    olivia_wilde3._063syuh.gif
    IMAG1888.jpg
    FO.gif
    th-1-262.jpeg
    Muppetoldguys.jpg
    Z6G0srO.gif
    abandon (1).gif
    Nothing.jpg
    not gay.jpg
    Will-Wonka-Enjoys-The-Terribly-Suspense-In-The-Chocolate-Factory.gif
    WWF.png
    20070803184509!ManBearPig.jpg
    scooby doo and three stooges.png
    There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 23.
    #801 10 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

I've seen some bad concerts in my day, but Im pretty sure Ive never seen one worse than John Stamos playing with the beach boys in the mid 90s. Holy shit was that bad.

Sadly, I can confirm this as well. God bless Brian Wilson and damn those who committed blasphemy with the Beach Boys in his name.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #803 10 years ago
    Quoted from KillyKillall:

Sadly, I can confirm this as well. God bless Brian Wilson and damn those who committed blasphemy with the Beach Boys in his name.

We were on Spring Break passing through Clearwater and we saw signs that said the Beach Boys were playing a free show that night for some big outdoor event. So we decided to stop and check it out. The show starts and everything was off. It was like they weren't even playing the same songs.

Me: This really sounds terrible.
    My friend: Yeah, they sound awful.
    Me: Is that John Stamos up there?
    My friend: Wow, Im pretty sure it is. I didn't think it could get worse, but I was wrong.

#804 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I also think the update could be that WOZ is getting an update to support wireless updates, player profiles with stat tracking that can be shared, and internet tournaments. The feature would then become standard on The Hobbit and future games. That would be a big first for pinball.

i really hope this is true

#805 10 years ago

I am more surprised that no one has thrown out "Revenge of the Nerds" yet. It seems way overdue.

#806 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

The wrong two Beatles are dead. There. I said it.

I don't agree with the morbidity...
    ... But yes. Given all four alive, I'd rather hear John and George over Paul and Ringo.

Harrison was so underappreciated (for a Beatle).

#808 10 years ago

Someone start a drum roll......

#809 10 years ago

Well, the epic announcement is coming soon guys. Brace yourself...

#810 10 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Epic

image.jpg 22 KB

image-246.jpg 31 KB

Thank god you brought this topic back onto the rails! You, sir - win a prize!

#811 10 years ago
    Quoted from thefoxxman:

Thank god you brought this topic back onto the rails! You, sir - win a prize!

Moving-picture-treasure-chest-with-shining-jewels-animated-gif.gifMoving-picture-treasure-chest-with-shining-jewels-animated-gif.gif
    #812 10 years ago
    Quoted from KillyKillall:

I am more surprised that no one has thrown out "Revenge of the Nerds" yet. It seems way overdue.

lol
    "Revenge of Pinside" would be more appropriate.

#813 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I think there's a difference between "best intentions getting smacked down with reality based circumstances" and "lying".
    While I'm not a fan of how things went down (delays, unfinished code, hardware issues, etc) - I wouldn't say that Jack is full of it based on how things went down….he had good intensions and a great team - but the reality is this: Building a pinball machine is HARD.

I agree. It's just when he was using the used car salesman hype about it, and bagging on his competition in the process, that kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Any new company is going to run into pitfalls along the way. Look how many Gene ran into and he was only making one game.

And why is everyone so hyped up that jacks 3rd game is based off of Hewlett Packard or not. I would think Hewlett Packard would be a shitty theme to do. What are you going to have? Printer multiball? Maybe bluetooth mayham mode? You guys have some crappy ideas for a theme sometimes.

#814 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rick432:

I don't agree with the morbidity...
    ... But yes. Given all four alive, I'd rather hear John and George over Paul and Ringo.
    Harrison was so underappreciated (for a Beatle).

And if Paul was shot and Ringo got stabbed and soon after succumbed to cancer you would say otherwise. Sorry, but those in the know realize that Paul was the best Beatle followed by George, John, and then Ringo. Same as Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder was the better Seattle Grunge Band and front man but due to Kurt Kobain's suicide people seem to have revisionist history. I lived it. You are all wrong who disagree with me. Now go ahead and thumbs me down.

#815 10 years ago

Pearl jam was always better. I like Nirvana too, but Pearl Jam is better.

#816 10 years ago

Nirvana was always miles better. Miles and miles. Child please.

#817 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Miles and miles...that was the Who.

#818 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Miles was always better.

miles.jpgmiles.jpg
    #819 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Miles and miles...that was the Who.

All I know is that Pearl Jam has had 20 years to put out another good album to surpass Nirvana's musical legacy, and has not. Short lived as it was, Nirvana's catalog is superior. PJ was amazing at their beginning. Simply genius. Then they devolved, frighteningly quick, into a cultish jam band. They hit Vitology, Eddie channeled Neil Young, and it went off the rails.

Then again, I would put them both on repeat for 10 years before I got to the Beatles overrated catalog.

Flame away still that.

#820 10 years ago

George says, that the only thing certain in pinball is, that the game will feature flippers and a ball.

But Jack knows better.

#821 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

I agree.
    Record sales tell the truth in this case. Outsold the Beatles in record time In history.
    Geffen couldn't keep up with demand and had to get Capitol records plants to help with pressing CDs.

Is jj's 3rd pin nirvana?

#822 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

All I know is that Pearl Jam has had 20 years to put out another good album to surpass Nirvana's musical legacy, and has not. Short lived as it was, Nirvana's catalog is superior. PJ was amazing at their beginning. Simply genius. Then they devolved, frighteningly quick, into a cultish jam band. They hit Vitology, Eddie channeled Neil Young, and it went off the rails.
    Then again, I would put them both on repeat for 10 years before I got to the Beatles overrated catalog.
    Flame away still that.

Wow, you are on crack. The Beatles are the greatest band that ever lived. And you know nothing of Pearl Jam Clearly, PJ have had many great hits over many years. Ten was a great album but they have had many great songs on multiple albums since then. How old are you? 12? Go listen to Miley Cyrus.

#823 10 years ago

They both suck! Music is for the Devil.

#824 10 years ago
    Quoted from Riffbear:

I agree.
    Record sales tell the truth in this case. Outsold the Beatles in record time In history.
    Geffen couldn't keep up with demand and had to get Capitol records plants to help with pressing CDs.
    Is jj's 3rd pin nirvana?

So wrong. Nirvana has sold nowhere near the albums that the Beatles sold. And since I clearly remember 1991, I remember that Pearl Jam easily outsold and was more popular than Nirvana. I got news for you, Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains were the Seattle scene and Nirvana were initially considered a joke among most except the teen scene. Their song "Smells like teen spirit" was based on a cheesy deodorant commercial. Weird Al's parody of Nirvana was actually more popular than Nirvana. Now I like and respect Nirvana, but it actually took me until their MTV unplugged special until I saw the extent of their talent, which is significant but does not compare to the above mentioned bands. P.S. R.E.M. rules and Cobain blew his brains out to R.E.M. on a loop because he respected them and realized he was shit compared to them. True Story.

#826 10 years ago

"Teen Spirit" = hook from "More Than a Feeling + words from "Louie Louie." Rap music for hipsters.

Where's the EPIC???

#827 10 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Wow, you are on crack. The Beatles are the greatest band that ever lived. And you know nothing of Pearl Jam Clearly, PJ have had many great hits over many years. Ten was a great album but they have had many great songs on multiple albums since then. How old are you? 12? Go listen to Miley Cyrus.

Relax.

As long as I don't have to hear about AC/DC, Metallica, or Mötley Crüe, it's all good.

#828 10 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

A second. Nucore supports it now.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

no seriously, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#829 10 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

So wrong. Nirvana has sold nowhere near the albums that the Beatles sold. And since I clearly remember 1991, I remember that Pearl Jam easily outsold and was more popular than Nirvana. I got news for you, Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains were the Seattle scene and Nirvana were initially considered a joke among most except the teen scene. Their song "Smells like teen spirit" was based on a cheesy deodorant commercial. Weird Al's parody of Nirvana was actually more popular than Nirvana. Now I like and respect Nirvana, but it actually took me until their MTV unplugged special until I saw the extent of their talent, which is significant but does not compare to the above mentioned bands. P.S. R.E.M. rules and Cobain blew his brains out to R.E.M. on a loop because he respected them and realized he was shit compared to them. True Story.

Grunge sucked balls. I remember seeing David Lee Roth in Chicago and Alice in Chains opened for him. They got booed off the stage.

#830 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
    no seriously, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hilton, I can't wait to see you at PATZ. I'd buy you a beer but you have another year to go right?

#831 10 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Now I like and respect Nirvana, but it actually took me until their MTV unplugged special until I saw the extent of their talent

How sad, although not as sad as the rest of your post.

#832 10 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

Grunge sucked balls. I remember seeing David Lee Roth in Chicago and Alice in Chains opened for him. They got booed off the stage.

Seems like David Lee Roth is more of a b@ll sucker

#834 10 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

Must have been a Roth family reunion.

#835 10 years ago

I dont even know why I KEEP checking the thread thinking there will be an update, just 3 more pages of nonsense. I now I feel like I have contributed to it.

#836 10 years ago

Grunge did suck balls. The 70s had disco, the 80s had the big hair bands and the 90s had grunge.

#837 10 years ago

beatlespic.jpgbeatlespic.jpg
    #838 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

beatlespic.jpg 22 KB

Abbey Road!!!

#839 10 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

Hilton, I can't wait to see you at PATZ. I'd buy you a beer but you have another year to go right?

May make it to PATZ this year since I went to MPE last? I'll take you up on the beer (I will also heckle in person to bring Nucore back to life )

#840 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

beatlespic.jpg 22 KB

Me gusta este uno major:

led-zeppelin.jpgled-zeppelin.jpg
    #841 10 years ago

OMG its a George Micheal meets the brown dirt cowboy pin........

#842 10 years ago

Wouldn't getting the Beatles require the expenditure of money? And dealing with Yoko Ono?

I don't think Harmonix made any money on Beatles Rock Band, a product that made far more sense than a pinball.

#843 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

beatlespic.jpg 22 KB

I agree. After the Beatles, you have a good debate about 2nd best.

#844 10 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

Where you live, yes. However, to US people, referring to "maths" sounds silly, perhaps even oafish, much like our ex-president did when he referred to the "internets".
    Just saying.

Considering the English language originated over here I'd say the opposite don't even get me started on yogurt, tomato, aluminium and may other words miss pronounced lol just saying :0p

#845 10 years ago
    Quoted from RudeDogg1:

Considering the English language originated over here I'd say the opposite don't even get me started on yogurt, tomato, aluminium and may other words miss pronounced lol just saying :0p

Yogurt?? I know what you mean with the others but yogurt?

#846 10 years ago

Yes Americans pronounce it as yo-gurt but it's actually pronounced yog-urt

#847 10 years ago

Isn't it about time for a title change to this thread?

#848 10 years ago
    Quoted from RudeDogg1:

Yes Americans pronounce it as yo-gurt but it's actually pronounced yog-urt

1920.jpg1920.jpg
    #849 10 years ago
    Quoted from RudeDogg1:

Oh, you should see how we butchered "methane" over here.

#850 10 years ago

Why don't JJP just announce that they're going to make a Monte Python pin and get it over with?

There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-epic-announcment/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.