Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,134 posts
  • 310 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by chadderack
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-156.jpg
    tumblr_my251yovXq1s8q2exo1_400.gif
    tumblr_m9q0n8yLta1rr6dugo1_500.gif
    olivia_wilde3._063syuh.gif
    IMAG1888.jpg
    FO.gif
    th-1-262.jpeg
    Muppetoldguys.jpg
    Z6G0srO.gif
    abandon (1).gif
    Nothing.jpg
    not gay.jpg
    Will-Wonka-Enjoys-The-Terribly-Suspense-In-The-Chocolate-Factory.gif
    WWF.png
    20070803184509!ManBearPig.jpg
    scooby doo and three stooges.png
    There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 23.
    #701 10 years ago

Whatever it is it probably won't get announced now because it surely won't live up to the hype. Anything short of Pat Lawlor doing a zombie pin with no preorders and $6500 for an LE will not be epic.

#702 10 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

If there was an announcement that there was going to be an announcement, especially if it has been announced that the announcement is going to be epic, I think an announcement that the announcement that was announced in the first announcement will no longer be announced would be appropriate.

I have not been on here very long but this is the best post ever.

#703 10 years ago

blow my brains out.gifblow my brains out.gif

#704 10 years ago
    Quoted from ghostbc:

I have not been on here very long but this is the best post ever.

Stick around....

#705 10 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

If there was an announcement that there was going to be an announcement, especially if it has been announced that the announcement is going to be epic, I think an announcement that the announcement that was announced in the first announcement will no longer be announced would be appropriate.

well played!

#706 10 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Very similar quote coming straight from our former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien:

Funny stuff.

#707 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

So your telling me everything Jack talks and has been building up in all those expo talks, was all 100% accurate? All the release dates and methods were spot on? All the critiquing of the competition saying he wouldn't do this and wouldn't do that, was all spot on?
    I don't think you have been following this very closely from day 1.

I think there's a difference between "best intentions getting smacked down with reality based circumstances" and "lying".

While I'm not a fan of how things went down (delays, unfinished code, hardware issues, etc) - I wouldn't say that Jack is full of it based on how things went down….he had good intensions and a great team - but the reality is this: Building a pinball machine is HARD.

#708 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Building a pinball machine is HARD.

No doubt, it's hard work.

#709 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

No doubt, it's hard work.
    » YouTube video

Wow, second George Bush slam on the same thread?

#710 10 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Wow, second George Bush slam on the same thread?

He will be fondly remembered forever.

#711 10 years ago

I'm confused is there not going to be an epic announcement now?

#712 10 years ago

Who knew Pinheads were such commies?

#713 10 years ago
    Quoted from tonycip:

I'm confused is there not going to be an epic announcement now?

Tomorrow is the announcement. Friday Jan 24th

#714 10 years ago
    Quoted from BillP:

Really??? I can't handle anymore curve balls

#715 10 years ago

I think the announcement is that he got people to talk for 15 pages about speculation and nothing.

Win for him I guess?

Chris

#716 10 years ago

All things aside, the hobby should be happy that widebody pinball is back in production. Sure, I love a good TAF, but I also love a good TZ

Now come to me, Wizard blocks (dreams)

#717 10 years ago

Like all the other epic announcements? I haven't been around all that long but don't you feel like you're getting pulled around by the nose WOZ fan boys? I was considering a Hobbit but after the Partnership announcement I won't be buying anything till JJP is out of the woods and has a proven winner. Best wishes.

#718 10 years ago

Please edit pre-announcement to:

Epic-ish.

#719 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaTa:

Really??? I can't handle anymore curve balls

Isn't tomorrow still "next week"? Why is that a curve ball?

#720 10 years ago
    Quoted from RudeDogg1:

Maths = short for mathematics there is no math...... Just saying

I speak with slang, most people do. Just saying. Then again, I said "math", not "maths".

#721 10 years ago

How long till no one cares? We all know Lawlor is a sub-contractor for one game so it's old news. JJP is just BORING!

#722 10 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

How long till no one cares? We all know Lawlor is a sub-contractor for one game so it's old news. JJP is just BORING!

This post is boring, and tells me your either directly effected by JJP or jealous.

#723 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Isn't tomorrow still "next week"? Why is that a curve ball?

True. I was going with calendar days. This is my first NIB with JJP. After reading this tread and others about WOZ, I should've known not to get all hyped up about an announcement of an announcement!

#724 10 years ago

At this point I'm !! On JJP titles. Over hyped and under delivered is JJP.

#725 10 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

At this point I'm !! On JJP titles. Over hyped and under delivered is JJP.

So, move on.....

#726 10 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

This post is boring, and tells me your either directly effected by JJP or jealous.

You're reading to much into my boredom. Just tired of the non stop hype machine. It just keeps coming day after day the same nonsense posts. Anyone receive a game lately or is it the cabinet issues holding up shipping? I'd guess that's why the non stop blitz of announcements so you forget the game you ordered isn't in your possession. Same guys same stale posts. At least the JJP guys made an exit before it gets real ugly.

#727 10 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

You're reading to much into my boredom. Just tired of the non stop hype machine. It just keeps coming day after day the same nonsense posts. Anyone receive a game lately or is it the cabinet issues holding up shipping? I'd guess that's why the non stop blitz of announcements so you forget the game you ordered isn't in your possession. Same guys same stale posts. At least the JJP guys made an exit before it gets real ugly.

"Go outside and play", thats what my mom would say.

#728 10 years ago

Ted you move one, you're part of the problem. You post nothing but non sense. When people use the word troll I think Ted. Your posts actually add nothing good or bad. You just troll. Did you give up on Gif files??

#729 10 years ago

Pen I will, just watching the EPIC pile build. Let the Circus continue.

#730 10 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Ted you move one, you're part of the problem. You post nothing but non sense. When people use the word troll I think Ted. Your posts actually add nothing good or bad. You just troll. Did you give up on Gif files??

Dude! Do I have to paste a kettle black pic in this thread? In no way is Ted a troll. Speaking of trolling, pull your net in, its full.

#731 10 years ago

Sorry I fell a sleep.

#733 10 years ago
    Quoted from BillP:

The EPIC announcement was the announcement that the announcement will be tomorrow's announcement?

#734 10 years ago

The fact there is 700+ posts in a thread about an announcement is Epic in itself. And sad

I am going to go back and pretend to work some more.

#735 10 years ago

They will announce the next JJP theme is PEZ! The interactive topper spits candy at you and you can choose any PEZ head ever made.

#736 10 years ago
    Quoted from RudeDogg1:

Maths = short for mathematics there is no math...... Just saying

The university I graduated from has a Math department chairperson.

#738 10 years ago

Should i stay right here or come back tomorrow.

#739 10 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Should i stay right here or come back tomorrow.

No reason to stick around; it will be the same nothing tomorrow

#740 10 years ago

Just posted on facebook, it should be epic !

motley.jpgmotley.jpg

#742 10 years ago

BFD. Nothing against you, Mnpinball, btw.

#743 10 years ago

An-Epic-Announcement.jpgAn-Epic-Announcement.jpg

#744 10 years ago

WOW! This Forum Thread is not locked yet. In before the lock.

#745 10 years ago

No shit, how is this thread still going?
    I just opened it to see if the announcement was announced yet. I don't think it was.

#746 10 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Ted you move one, you're part of the problem.

Hah! I think we all know what YOU are! Lucky people like you won't be around too long....

castanza_thumb3.jpgcastanza_thumb3.jpg
    #747 10 years ago

Nope, you haven't missed a thing.

#748 10 years ago

I was told there would be punch and pie.

#749 10 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

No shit, how is this thread still going?
    I just opened it to see if the announcement was announced yet. I don't think it was.

I'd say the mods don't do anything around here, but then i'd end up like pinchorama.

#750 10 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I'd say the mods don't do anything around here, but then i'd end up like pinchorama.

Sorry, I didnt realize my duties as moderator included locking all pointless threads or those that go off topic. Please excuse me while I now go lock down 87% of Pinside...

There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-epic-announcment/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.