Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,134 posts
  • 310 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by chadderack
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-156.jpg
    tumblr_my251yovXq1s8q2exo1_400.gif
    tumblr_m9q0n8yLta1rr6dugo1_500.gif
    olivia_wilde3._063syuh.gif
    IMAG1888.jpg
    FO.gif
    th-1-262.jpeg
    Muppetoldguys.jpg
    Z6G0srO.gif
    abandon (1).gif
    Nothing.jpg
    not gay.jpg
    Will-Wonka-Enjoys-The-Terribly-Suspense-In-The-Chocolate-Factory.gif
    WWF.png
    20070803184509!ManBearPig.jpg
    scooby doo and three stooges.png
    There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 23.
    #601 10 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I really thought he'd announce it today.

Tomorrow is the end of the European Amusement and Gaming Expo in London, so I would think he would announce it then at the latest.

#602 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I once met a guy in the game industry who was amazing with lip-service. He could have been a politician.
    He swore that he could work any word or phrase into one of his game developer conference speeches, and bet me a steak dinner on it. "Cum dumpster" tripped him up.

"Come dumpster day that machine will still be earning double the competition so buy it now"

#603 10 years ago
    Quoted from daley:

Tomorrow is the end of the European Amusement and Gaming Expo in London, so I would think he would announce it then at the latest.

The Yellow Submarine is sinking - Jack is not in London.

#604 10 years ago

I could really use a good laugh. I hope it's announcing machine 3 and taking deposits soon.

#605 10 years ago

There will be some good ones, if less than "epic".

#606 10 years ago
    Quoted from soren:

I expect we will see a Spooky/JPop/... original theme game released for sale (and delivery actually) before any JJP one that might show up.

Yeah, it's called American's Most Haunted, and it's not shipping yet, but it's 'done' and for sale.

#607 10 years ago
    Quoted from kmoore88:

You don't become a self made billionaire by being an idiot. If JJP got face time with her and showed her what was done with WOZ and how the pin market has evolved to family game rooms her perception of pins would change with a single meeting.

Unless she's so close minded that she wouldn't allow the meeting to happen in the first place. You can be rich and still be an idiot. Sometimes people get lucky.

#608 10 years ago

Look's like no announcement tonight Hopefully tomorrow!

#609 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, it's called American's Most Haunted, and it's not shipping yet, but it's 'done' and for sale.

I thought Jpop wasn't involved in America's Most Haunted?

#610 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Look's like no announcement tonight Hopefully tomorrow!

Unless the announcement is, that he is going to drop NIB prices to 6k or less. I really couldn't care less what he has to announce.

#611 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Unless the announcement is, that he is going to drop NIB prices to 6k or less. I really couldn't care less what he has to announce.

I am with you on that Neo.

#612 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

me three

#613 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

I thought Jpop wasn't involved in America's Most Haunted?

He's not, I was responding to the Spooky part of "Spooky/JPop/...".

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Gonna eat your words when he announces he's trained goats to build games!

pinball-goat.jpgpinball-goat.jpg

#615 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

We are not going to get a WOZECLE type game for $6k. That game would likely still be fun from JJP but there would be far less toys / features, no powder coat, if not then no stainless steel exterior parts, no wide body, who knows. If they offer that type of game I just hope they still offer higher end games as well.

Personally if I'm already paying $6k for a game I rather pay another grand or two and get the ultimate pinball machine ever made.

#616 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You know that ain't happening Neo so I wouldn't even bother looking at whatever is announced!

I can see them doing a "pro" version whenever they get assembly line together, just for you Neo

#617 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

We are not going to get a WOZECLE type game for $6k. That game would likely still be fun from JJP but there would be far less toys / features, no powder coat, if not then no stainless steel exterior parts, no wide body, who knows. If they offer that type of game I just hope they still offer higher end games as well.
    Personally if I'm already paying $6k for a game I rather pay another grand or two and get the ultimate pinball machine ever made.

See this is a bullshit way of thinking. If you really think even at 6k. Jack isn't making shitloads of profit off an LE. You are sadly mistaken. it's not as expensive to make a game as you seem to believe.

#618 10 years ago

I'm looking forward to this announcement now just to end this thread.

#619 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's not as expensive to make a game as you seem to believe.

But, but, thousands of dollars of plastic toys!

#620 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

See this is a bullshit way of thinking. If you really think even at 6k. Jack isn't making shitloads of profit off an LE. You are sadly mistaken. it's not as expensive to make a game as you seem to believe.

Do you know how much it cost for Jack to build WOZ? Pay employees? Pay for the building + heat + electric? Pay vendors? Pay staff like Keith and Ted? + pay for a thousand other things we haven't thought of? I want a Dodge Viper for $35k but its not going to happen.

#621 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Do you know how much it cost for Jack to build WOZ? Pay employees? Pay for the building + heat + electric? Pay vendors? Pay staff like Keith and Ted? + pay for a thousand other things we haven't thought of? I want a Dodge Viper for $35k but its not going to happen.

Yup, about the same as it cost Stern and they managed to kick out games for less than 3k, not to long ago. $200 extra of better quality toys doesn't raise you costs up, 5K. Jacks main reason for starting this was because of the insane profit margin he saw that he could tap into. People in the pinball hobby were pissing money away like nothing. Why not make 200% profit while it's hot?

#622 10 years ago

How could it possibly be an announcement for another game? Isn't The Hobbit still in the early stages of development? I thought they just released a pic that showed it was a very long ways from being complete. Announcing game number 3 is far from epic, since it would't be shipping for 2-3 years.

They have some outside money now, so maybe they are able to do something they weren't able to before. Not sure what that would be.

#623 10 years ago

because Jack still has people that support him. He's just doing his best to piss everyone off. It's all or nothing.

#624 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Yup, about the same as it cost Stern and they managed to kick out games for less than 3k, not to long ago. $200 extra of better quality toys doesn't raise you costs up, 5K. Jacks main reason for starting this was because of the insane profit margin he saw that he could tap into. People in the pinball hobby were pissing money away like nothing. Why not make 200% profit while it's hot?

If that was the case JJP would not have improved anything over Stern. Also Jack was asked at expo if JJP was making a profit yet and he said no and that typically it can take a new business around 3 years to start generating a profit. That doesn't sound like someone making a 200% profit.

I'm sorry but direct printing a cabinet plus clearing it, developing a platform to leverage an LCD, paying for animation / programming cost with a LCD, using a higher quality powder coating process on LE's, using stainless steel parts on standards versus painted steel, developing RGB LED boards + manufacturing cost, having multiple mechanical toys, paying someone to make a topper plus include it, paying a vendor to make a wood apron, toss in little things like clip connectors for items like solenoids instead of just solder points, design and develop hardware that was no longer being produced, and then doing all that plus hiring the staff to make a game like that...that cost more then $200.

#625 10 years ago

Epic makes me think of ipecac .

familyguy.jpgfamilyguy.jpg
    #626 10 years ago

we so excited.jpgwe so excited.jpg

#627 10 years ago

What's the over/under on number of posts before Epic announcement™ is announced?

#628 10 years ago

The over/under is 700. Taking bets now.

#629 10 years ago

623 now, I'm all in on the over!

#630 10 years ago

cookie-monster-waiting.gifcookie-monster-waiting.gif

#631 10 years ago

I suspect the announcement will be the very antithesis of epic.

#632 10 years ago

He just made the "announcement" on the Google forum.

#633 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

what is it?

#634 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

...a.n.d.....

#635 10 years ago

I bet it won't be posted here first. We will see 3 new threads on it.

#636 10 years ago

If he posted anything it must be buried in a random thread. I don't see it anywhere on the group.

#637 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

now i know why you have a bull avatar. calling bullshit here ice

#638 10 years ago

False alarm!

#639 10 years ago

probably graduated from a&m

#640 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

That's mean! I don't see anything, lol.

#641 10 years ago

ban vote sent

#642 10 years ago

Here is something else that I think could be happening and would be a marriage made in heaven!

JPOP and JJP doing a joint venture together. Maybe both Lawlor and Jpop in the lineup

#643 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

How could it possibly be an announcement for another game? Isn't The Hobbit still in the early stages of development? I thought they just released a pic that showed it was a very long ways from being complete. Announcing game number 3 is far from epic, since it would't be shipping for 2-3 years.
    They have some outside money now, so maybe they are able to do something they weren't able to before. Not sure what that would be.

Hobbit is farther along than most people on this board think.

#644 10 years ago

We just know what we've been told

Quoted from mnpinball:

#645 10 years ago

#646 10 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

yeah yeah just like the met code, enough already...please

#647 10 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

The movie or the pinball machine ?

#648 10 years ago

Just checking to make sure you guys were still awake and paying attention

#649 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Neo break it down for us, because I have no idea on cost to manufacture a new state of the art pinball game.

Everything from accountants, lawyers, insurance, employees, rent, advertising, marketing, royalties, licensing, parts, R&D, interest, and a shit load of other costs I probably can't even dream about.

This is a serious question, if you can break it down, there are a whole lot of us here who would learn a lot.

Hope you have the time to lay it out for us.

#650 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

P.F.

Did not see your post till after I wrote mine.

Hope we get an answer.

There are 1,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-epic-announcment/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.