20240714_160352 (resized).jpg
IMG_5719 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0205 (resized).png
IMG_4408 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3658.jpeg
IMG_8848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8822 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 53.
#2201 39 days ago
Quoted from Pinballers:

Hi I have to do an update as my pe has just turned up and have to do the latest code update as WiFi not connecting, does anyone know if I can do the update from a apple mac or does it have to be from a Microsoft computer, and also where is the usb stick plugged into, in the backbox or playfield area, thanks

Your best bet is to get your pin into your WiFi. Updates are so easy this way ... oh and the pin will let you know when there is an update available.

#2202 38 days ago

Put Pin Stadium Neo Concert light bars in Elton. OMG, looks great! Proved to be a good investment, the best lit gets brighter!

#2203 38 days ago
Quoted from MVCO:

Put Pin Stadium Neo Concert light bars in Elton. OMG, looks great! Proved to be a good investment, the best lit gets brighter!

Trying to light up beneath the piano or something?

#2204 38 days ago
Quoted from MVCO:

I keep toying with this idea too because my toy story CE that I bought from a guy already had them installed in it and it really is over the top Cool.

#2205 38 days ago
Quoted from MVCO:

I feel like Elton is already over the top with lighting. Any more seems like overkill to me. Pinstadiums tend to flood the playfield with whatever color they're set to and washes out the art.

#2206 38 days ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I feel like Elton is already over the top with lighting. Any more seems like overkill to me. Pinstadiums tend to flood the playfield with whatever color they're set to and washes out the art.

I have Pinstadiums Atom Fusion on my Wonka (mandatory for this game and a game changer) ... it doesn't make the art look "wash out" ... it makes it pop like you can't even imagine. Don't forget that you can choose the "base" (always lit) color to your liking and adjust the brightness between 0 and 100 ... there is no way you can go wrong. My "problem" with Pinstadiums and EJ is that if I install them they will hide important part of the sidearts, which is a big "no" for me.

#2207 38 days ago
Quoted from MagicJack:

I have Pinstadiums Atom Fusion on my Wonka (mandatory for this game and a game changer) ... it doesn't make the art look "wash out" ... it makes it pop like you can't even imagine. Don't forget that you can choose the "base" (always lit) color to your liking and adjust the brightness between 0 and 100 ... there is no way you can go wrong. My "problem" with Pinstadiums and EJ is that if I install them they will hide important part of the sidearts, which is a big "no" for me.

If you're a fan of pinstadiums, go for it. I've tried to like them, but I just don't. I've even gone as far as making my own custom set with zone based lighting and flasher effects. In the end, I pulled them out and repurposed the LEDs for another project.

#2208 38 days ago
Quoted from MVCO:

Any pics? Thanks

#2209 38 days ago

I have just installed Pixel Pete’s red glasses and the led light clips which really look great and is must for the led clips, ten minutes and easy to install, big thanks to Pixel Pete who was fantastic to speak to and he sent them on the same day I ordered to the United Kingdom and arrived two days later

IMG_0236 (resized).jpegIMG_0236 (resized).jpegIMG_0237 (resized).jpegIMG_0237 (resized).jpeg
#2210 38 days ago

The game is my first JJP and so impressed, can’t wait for future pins from them. A couple of small issues and Ken Holland from JJP was so professional and helpful in sorting them. Big thank you to all on this thread for giving great information on this game

#2211 37 days ago

Some joker has given a 3.5 no comment rating on EJ PE , go on and mark as bogus . EJ is so good the ratings should be allowed to go up to 11 just for this game !

#2212 37 days ago

Just joined the club.

20240613_162047 (resized).jpg20240613_162047 (resized).jpg

20240613_210937 (resized).jpg20240613_210937 (resized).jpg

20240613_210945 (resized).jpg20240613_210945 (resized).jpg

20240613_210954 (resized).jpg20240613_210954 (resized).jpg

#2213 37 days ago
Quoted from Kelsbells:

Some joker has given a 3.5 no comment rating on EJ PE , go on and mark as bogus . EJ is so good the ratings should be allowed to go up to 11 just for this game !

What’s the point of flagging it? There are so many ratings with over 10 flags still sitting there and being counted towards the ranking
Does it really matter where the game is ranked? As long as you enjoy it then that should be enough

#2214 37 days ago

Beautiful games.

Cool confirmation today too, JJP for sure now finishing up all 1,000 CE's, happy for them.

https://www.facebook.com/JerseyJackPinball/posts/pfbid02dcrYVd6urtYutYNFKLu97wfcU4iRgT5QLUvQ5HBRnYURCf9fxDvGGjS7k3rSR67al

#2215 37 days ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Beautiful games.
Cool confirmation today too, JJP for sure now finishing up all 1,000 CE's, happy for them.
https://www.facebook.com/JerseyJackPinball/posts/pfbid02dcrYVd6urtYutYNFKLu97wfcU4iRgT5QLUvQ5HBRnYURCf9fxDvGGjS7k3rSR67al

How do you figure that ? The post just says they have a closed out a strong week of building. That could mean they are literally anywhere with the number of games made but certainly NOT that all 1,000 have or will be made. You guys sure do a lot of mental gymnastics about the sales of these overpriced CE's.

#2216 37 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

How do you figure that ? The post just says they have a closed out a strong week of building. That could mean they are literally anywhere with the number of games made but certainly NOT that all 1,000 have or will be made. You guys sure do a lot of mental gymnastics about the sales of these overpriced CE's.

IMG_4216 (resized).jpegIMG_4216 (resized).jpeg
#2217 37 days ago

Now can we move on from this? I believe at some point they’ll all be sold. As more people play EJ in a home environment.

#2218 36 days ago

Help need please from anyone with an Elton and Pin stadium Neo concert edition atoms.

I am having trouble fitting mine.

I can not work out how the rear mounts fit, as they are a tad too big to fit round the wood and plastic at the rear of the machine.
If anyone has fitted these could you please post me a photo.

Also the instructions are not super clear for Elton on where to connect the things under the playfield, so any advice on this would be helpful.

#2219 36 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Now can we move on from this? I believe at some point they’ll all be sold. As more people play EJ in a home environment.

Ballypin and his thumbs down club will be on the outside looking in at happy owners. Screaming “it’s overpriced, your not really having fun”.

#2221 36 days ago

If you’re not into the game then why are you here ?

Even in the Livestream last night, nobody got the champ multi ball so those were saying this game is easy aren’t completely accurate with their thinking.

The game is outstanding once you open it up. 3 games /meh is not enough to get what we’re all raving about. It takes more than 3 attempts

#2222 36 days ago

In case you forgot, you are in the owner thread now not the hype thread. Owners are sharing and enjoying their games.

#2223 36 days ago

I’ve had EJ 3 days and it’s utterly incredible in all aspects , can anyone give me some tips on the best way to start building a decent score ? I seem to be working incredibly hard to put just 50/60m down as a score, and I’m starting croc rock and rocket man multiball etc to get that !

#2224 36 days ago

I figured it out, you didn’t make any of the shots or make it to signature stage multiball. Get to that or stack croc and rocket multiball. The machine literally comes to life with one of the best light shows I have ever seen. Combine that with classic SR flow and it’s a winner. I am not an EJ music fan, the wife loves him. We both enjoy the pin.

Play better!

#2225 36 days ago
Quoted from Kelsbells:

I’ve had EJ 3 days and it’s utterly incredible in all aspects , can anyone give me some tips on the best way to start building a decent score ?

I say hit the lit stuff. My wife says keep the ball above the flippers.

So I'm afraid we're not much help.

#2226 36 days ago
Quoted from Kelsbells:

I’ve had EJ 3 days and it’s utterly incredible in all aspects , can anyone give me some tips on the best way to start building a decent score ? I seem to be working incredibly hard to put just 50/60m down as a score, and I’m starting croc rock and rocket man multiball etc to get that !

Go for the drop targets when you're in multiballs and it's safe to hit them. After you clear 5 sets you enable the encore modes which you can go through naturally by just playing and hitting shots. After you get through all 5 encore modes there's huge points in champ multiball! Basically stay alive long enough to get there and you'll reap some nice scores.

Also don't sleep on trying to get the first wardrobe for each song, that gives you a 2X multiplier for 30 seconds. If you have extra balls turned on focus on hitting the piano as 15 hits (I think) qualifies that! As far as I can tell there's no quick path exploits to get a massive score so it's really just a matter of staying alive and playing through the game.

#2227 36 days ago

In da Club!!!

20240615_111541 (resized).jpg20240615_111541 (resized).jpg
#2228 36 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

In case you forgot, you are in the owner thread now not the hype thread. Owners are sharing and enjoying their games.

I think as owners, we should all agree never to sell our EJ to Ballypin for less than we paid for it.

#2229 36 days ago

Well, I'm not much for posting, and I will say for this casual owner that the price going up or down argument between the owner and the hype threads gets a little tiring, but after 4 months with the machine (a PE) my enthusiasm for the game has only gone up. I've been wanting to share the experience I had over Memorial day weekend. We hosted a weekend event with about 20 people over two days. About 2/3 of the group were under 30 years old, so no nostalgia for Elton. The game was literally played 14 hours a day and never had a break. I didn't track the number of games but it must have been over 100 that weekend. It was tough to pull most people away from it. Not only did every adult under 30 and over 50 love it, most of the group (none of them pinball owners) left the weekend thinking they needed their own machine. There is something about EJ that just draws people in and makes them want more, even if the music/theme isn't their thing. I'm no collector but I've been a lifelong pinball enthusiast. Only well into my 50's did I feel like I could splurge on my own machine. So I'm one of the NIB HUO newbies that are willing to pay the inflated prices. EJ is my only machine, I'm happy with my PE, I made the right choice.

#2230 36 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The best is when she beats you. I have a pic of the look on your face when she did somewhere……

#2231 36 days ago
Quoted from Dvdstt:

Well, I'm not much for posting, and I will say for this casual owner that the price going up or down argument between the owner and the hype threads gets a little tiring, but after 4 months with the machine (a PE) my enthusiasm for the game has only gone up. I've been wanting to share the experience I had over Memorial day weekend. We hosted a weekend event with about 20 people over two days. About 2/3 of the group were under 30 years old, so no nostalgia for Elton. The game was literally played 14 hours a day and never had a break. I didn't track the number of games but it must have been over 100 that weekend. It was tough to pull most people away from it. Not only did every adult under 30 and over 50 love it, most of the group (none of them pinball owners) left the weekend thinking they needed their own machine. There is something about EJ that just draws people in and makes them want more, even if the music/theme isn't their thing. I'm no collector but I've been a lifelong pinball enthusiast. Only well into my 50's did I feel like I could splurge on my own machine. So I'm one of the NIB HUO newbies that are willing to pay the inflated prices. EJ is my only machine, I'm happy with my PE, I made the right choice.

Exactly what I’ve been saying since I recently my PE arrived in 12/26!!!!
More and more of these stories! Awesome!

#2232 36 days ago

Oops

#2233 36 days ago
Quoted from ibdaddyP:

In da Club!!!
[quoted image]

We await your ownership impressions

#2234 36 days ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

The best is when she beats you. I have a pic of the look on your face when she did somewhere……

Inappropriate response to your dumb post has been quoted and responded to in the appropriate thread...

#2235 36 days ago

Anyone else having a hard time with getting a successful soft plunge? I find myself consistently either hitting the ball too soft or too hard. My success rate is extremely low.

#2236 36 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Boob will hit anything

#2237 36 days ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Anyone else having a hard time with getting a successful soft plunge? I find myself consistently either hitting the ball too soft or too hard. My success rate is extremely low.

In my current struggle to buy or not to buy my own Elton John,I went to my friends arcade to play his CE as I have the PE at the house… It was much more difficult to soft plunge and roll back onto the upper flipper on the CE than the PE. That CE shooter rod must be shorter with the customer star shooter rod or have a different spring on it. Took me a few tries to get what I wanted and was much harder to do consistently..

I would try and putting a weaker spring on it. If I do get a CE I plan to do the same.

#2238 36 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

In my current struggle to buy or not to buy my own Elton John,I went to my friends arcade to play his CE as I have the PE at the house… It was much more difficult to soft plunge and roll back onto the upper flipper on the CE than the PE. That CE shooter rod must be shorter with the customer star shooter rod or have a different spring on it. Took me a few tries to get what I wanted and was much harder to do consistently..
I would try and putting a weaker spring on it. If I do get a CE I plan to do the same.

It took me a couple weeks now I’m about 90% with it. You’ll get it

#2239 35 days ago

Are there any benefits in connecting to wifi other than for updates?

#2240 35 days ago
Quoted from ibdaddyP:

Are there any benefits in connecting to wifi other than for updates?

Not really. Makes updates so much better though.

#2241 34 days ago

Elton John just dropped down to 14 this week. Very poor ratings are coming thru with several that don’t have comments or have comments with ratings that are nonsensical.

Have some pride in your pins, as yes it does matter, especially when overall rating numbers are low. Help flag the posts that are unjustifiable low, especially the hidden ones with no comments.

Keep the rating close to the real value of this fantastic game.

#2242 34 days ago
Quoted from 95er:

Elton John just dropped down to 14 this week. Very poor ratings are coming thru with several that don’t have comments or have comments with ratings that are nonsensical.
Have some pride in your pins, as yes it does matter, especially when overall rating numbers are low. Help flag the posts that are unjustifiable low, especially the hidden ones with no comments.

It’s crazy. We hear nearly everyone say it’s more than a fantastic game and some of these guys just wanna hate.
I just keep playing it and smiling every single time

#2243 34 days ago
Quoted from 95er:

someone has just put up a 1.9 rating! , but as mentioned the other day not much good flagging them if the moderators don’t take them off, there’s about a dozen ratings with 10-14 flags that are still sitting there !
Anyhow I’m loving it and it’s the best game I’ve ever played

#2244 34 days ago

It is JJPs best so far. It is one of the best games that has come out in the last few years for sure. I never in a million years would have thought I would say this about EJ. The game is simply killer good.

#2245 34 days ago
Quoted from Kelsbells:

someone has just put up a 1.9 rating!

Just saw a rating for 1.625 added 4 hrs ago….they obviously got mixed up with the rating scale and thought ‘1’ was the top score

I’m sure the mods will educate them so they don’t look like a fool going forward

#2246 34 days ago
Quoted from 95er:

Elton John just dropped down to 14 this week.

Or... just ignore the whole thing because it's completely pointless and forever flawed. The entire ranking system is pointless - just never look at it again.

#2247 34 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Or... just ignore the whole thing because it's completely pointless and forever flawed. The entire ranking system is pointless - just never look at it again.

this is the way

#2248 34 days ago

You right.

#2249 33 days ago

https://www.abt.com/Polk-Audio-Subwoofer-10-Inch-Powered-High-performance-in-Black-MXT10/p/202701.html

Update on sound. I still am rocking the pinwoofer JJP kit but, the klipsch 12" sub was just too much for my small room. I now have this one and its pretty perfect. Down firing 10"

It's full price now but, It was on sale Sunday for $220

I feel thats a great price for it if you need one.

#2250 33 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

https://www.abt.com/Polk-Audio-Subwoofer-10-Inch-Powered-High-performance-in-Black-MXT10/p/202701.html
Update on sound. I still am rocking the pinwoofer JJP kit but, the klipsch 12" sub was just too much for my small room. I now have this one and its pretty perfect. Down firing 10"
It's full price now but, It was on sale Sunday for $220
I feel thats a great price for it if you need one.

I like the Polk PSW10. They go on sale often at amazon for around $180. They also tend to pop up used on Facebook marketplace for under $100.

If you want a new one, use a site like camelcamelcamel.com and setup a price watch alert.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brentwood, ES
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PixelPete Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Akron, OH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PixelPete Mods

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, MA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 53.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.