IMG_5719 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0205 (resized).png
IMG_4408 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3658.jpeg
IMG_8848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8822 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3069 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,639 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 53.
#1001 3 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Then eventually I realized that EJ’s gameplay is exactly what I need to counter all my long playing Sterns.

Ah...variety!!! Adding spice to life for thousands of years!

#1002 3 months ago

Anybody know how to relight the kickback? Is it a rock-a-box reward maybe?
Also wondering how doable collecting all three wardrobe items in a single song is. I have tried many times but only managed to get to level two before the next song started.

#1003 3 months ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Also wondering how doable collecting all three wardrobe items in a single song is. I have tried many times but only managed to get to level two before the next song started.

Relight kickback by collecting a honky cat hurry up.

Collecting all three wardrobe items is tough, but if you do it you get to song victory laps where each note is worth millions. Easier to do on longer songs. Keep in mind the song never pauses, so you're constantly running out of time. This is one of the harder things to do in the game.

#1004 3 months ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Certain songs are harder to collect notes. Check out the specific rules implemented for three of the songs.

Songs:

At the very start of the game, the player will be prompted to select one of 15 songs from the following:

Honky Cat (5:13)
Rocket Man (4:41)
Tiny Dancer (6:17)
Your Song (4:01) - Alternate shots between the left and right side of the playfield.
Bennie and the Jets (5:22)
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (3:12)
Take Me to the Pilot (3:46)
Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting (4:55) - Two shots are lit at a time and move from the left to right side of the playfield.
Philadelphia Freedom (5:24)
Levon (5:22)
Crocodile Rock (3:55) - Alternate between making any major shot and the crocodile VUK.
The Bitch is Back (3:44)
Pinball Wizard (5:15)
I’m Still Standing (3:03)
Your Sister Can’t Twist (2:41)

All songs play fairly similar - they will light a selection of musical note shots on the playfield, in different sequences depending on the song. Once enough notes have been collected, the backstage shot (upper loop) will light to collect an item.

There are three items per song - the first item collected starts double song for 30 seconds (all shots score 2x), the second item starts double notes for 30 seconds (all notes count 2x towards item progression), and the third item will enable victory laps for the remainder of the song. The player must collect the second and third items while their respective timers are running (ie. 30 seconds per item). One of the milestones requires the player to collect all three items in one song.

#1005 3 months ago

#7 on the top 100 this week.

Curious to see where it settles in after week 1.

Maybe this will help sell the CE out because it's still available as of this morning on JJP's website.

#1006 3 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

#7 on the top 100 this week.
Curious to see where it settles in after week 1.
Maybe this will help sell the CE out because it's still available as of this morning on JJP's website.

Im Kinda shocked actually. But it’s not a perfect system. No such thing.
I personally don’t think jaws is that good. I mean it’s fun and good but #1? Not sure
Elton for me!

#1007 3 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I personally don’t think jaws is that good. I mean it’s fun and good but #1? Not sure
Elton for me!

It's not all that shocking to me. Godfather made it to #2 when the CE scores kicked in for a week and the good news is, EJ does not even have the CEs scores factored in yet... Then again Jaws has all 3 versions factored in so a lot more people have rated it.

I played a Jaws Premium over the weekend and I really like it a lot, the code is coming along nicely. I think the Premium is much better than the Pro which is all I played prior.

#1008 3 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Elton for me!

The ratings on Stern pins are established by the LE ratings. Jaws has really high LE ratings from movie fans. If you check the Prem ratings, which are the same pin as the LE but cheaper and with less bling, it's below Deadpool and Elton John - on par with Monster Bash, which is fair based on my play experience.

My feeling about Jaws is a bit like VisitorQ and his Godfather. Was half-expecting to be selling my Godzilla and/or JP2 to buy a Jaws, played the Prem and Pro at a trade show, and was just... disappointed. It's not a bad game. It's just not the kaiju/dinosaur slayer I was expecting.

#1009 3 months ago

They’re all fun to me.

#1010 3 months ago

Just walked by my macnine and it shouted "Happy Birthdaty Elton!"
Quick google confirmed, it is indeed Sir Elton's 77th.
Cool. Happy Birthday EJ!

#1011 3 months ago
Quoted from Veemonroe:

The ratings on Stern pins are established by the LE ratings. Jaws has really high LE ratings from movie fans. If you check the Prem ratings, which are the same pin as the LE but cheaper and with less bling, it's below Deadpool and Elton John - on par with Monster Bash, which is fair based on my play experience.
My feeling about Jaws is a bit like VisitorQ and his Godfather. Was half-expecting to be selling my Godzilla and/or JP2 to buy a Jaws, played the Prem and Pro at a trade show, and was just... disappointed. It's not a bad game. It's just not the kaiju/dinosaur slayer I was expecting.

I played a Jaws Pro and thought it was not a very fun game and there is no way it should be rated higher then Godzilla I think maybe dow around 50 or so

#1012 3 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

... the song never pauses, so you're constantly running out of time.

EJ has the fastest drain to next ball ready turnaround time of any game I have played (I think anyway.) I am thinking the above is the reason why.
I love this feature and think the coders did a great job with this.
Drain, hit flippers to bypass bonus, ball served. Seems to be as fast as a ball saver.
Kudos to the JJP Coding team.

#1013 3 months ago
Quoted from fnosm:

EJ is the fastest drain to next ball plunge game I have ever played. And I am thinking this is why.
I love it and think the coders did a great job with this.
Drain, hit flippers to bypass bonus, ball served. Seems to be as fast as a ball saver.
Kudos to the JJP Coding team.

Are you saying anytime the ball drains and you hit both flippers, it will relaunch?

#1014 3 months ago
Quoted from pindel:

Are you saying anytime the ball drains and you hit both flippers, it will relaunch?

No. He is just saying if you press both flippers, it will skip the end bonus screen.

#1015 3 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

No. He is just saying if you press both flippers, it will skip the end bonus screen.

When you lose your ball, when it is over, no ball save etc..., I double flip and the next ball seems to be immediately served up. super fast.

#1016 3 months ago
Quoted from fnosm:

When you lose your ball, when it is over, no ball save etc..., I double flip and the next ball seems to be immediately served up. super fast.

Ok, thanks. I noticed that as well. Let me know if you find a ball save trick.

#1017 3 months ago
Quoted from pindel:

Ok, thanks. I noticed that as well. Let me know if you find a ball save trick.

Remove the glass

#1018 3 months ago
Quoted from BFaster:

Cool. Happy Birthday EJ!

A perfect day to put down my deposit for my EJ CE. Only thing better would be actually getting the game today, but that’s okay… all good things in time.

#1019 3 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

A perfect day to put down my deposit for my EJ CE. Only thing better would be actually getting the game today, but that’s okay… all good things in time.

I’ll wait with you

#1020 3 months ago
Quoted from BFaster:

Cool. Happy Birthday EJ!

I was trying to post a video of it, but I guess we don’t allow videos. Cool Easter egg!

#1021 3 months ago
Quoted from BurntBiscuit:

”EJ to counter my longplaying Stern games”

Really?? I get longer plays on Elton John than anything else!

007 60th: Now THERE is a short playing game! Sometimes I don’t even crack 1000!!

#1022 3 months ago

Have the CE started shipping yet?

#1023 3 months ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Have the CE started shipping yet?

Yes

#1024 3 months ago

My CE is officially in transit. Can't wait to get it Coaster!

#1025 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

FYI, I inquired about the "locking wing nut" in step 8 for the topper. I didn't get one. JJP said it is not needed for HUO. That's just there to help prevent topper theft at locations.

#1026 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m dyin here!!!!! I was told within a few weeks when I paid last week.
Ugh…… it’s worse since I had it here and was playing it daily! Now I’m going through Elton withdraw!

#1027 3 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

FYI, I inquired about the "locking wing nut" in step 8 for the topper. I didn't get one. JJP said it is not needed for HUO. That's just there to help prevent topper theft at locations.

Gracias! Makes sense

#1028 3 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I’m dyin here!!!!! I was told within a few weeks when I paid last week.
Ugh…… it’s worse since I had it here and was playing it daily! Now I’m going through Elton withdraw!

I paid about a week ago as well and was told 1 - 2 months. I've settled in for the wait. Will live vicariously through you guys in the time being.

#1029 3 months ago

My CE is on the truck and on its way to me as of today
unfortunately its coming from GA and I'm in WA so probably sill a week to go

#1030 3 months ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I paid about a week ago as well and was told 1 - 2 months. I've settled in for the wait. Will live vicariously through you guys in the time being.

I thought JJP was 2-3 weeks out when ordering online. I’m wondering if dealers wait to get enough depositors together befor they place the order which creates a longer delay.

#1031 3 months ago
Quoted from pindel:

I thought JJP was 2-3 weeks out when ordering online. I’m wondering if dealers wait to get enough depositors together befor they place the order which creates a longer delay.

Dunno. It appeared to be immediately available if I purchased direct from JJP, but I have a relationship with a dealer that I value. He was upfront on the wait before I put in my down payment.

#1032 3 months ago

Mine is via a distro. They’re currently waiting for there first shipment.

#1033 3 months ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

My distributor told me a full month ago my CE was "ready to ship" and got me to pay my full balance. He later told me games were not shipping yet from JJP and he's hoping it'll get to me in another week or so.

#1034 3 months ago

Automated pinball. In stock and ready to ship. Why are you waiting for a distributor to get it in? I had a PE and traded it for a CE. I have had my CE from Automated for 3 weeks already.

#1035 3 months ago

anyone dealing with the jersey jack lockbar button breaking? This is 2 out of the last 3 games where that threaded post just breaks when the game is relatively new. The design just doesn't seem that robust... with the fixed switch and adjustable button.

#1036 3 months ago

EJ CE was finally delivered today! I was worried at first because there were two forklift punctures at the bottom of the box. Luckily, it only penetrated about 4 inches and missed the cabinet by a few inches. I was fortunate the punctures weren't from the other side of the box.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm not getting it up the stairs today with just me and my wife! Will probably have to wait until my kids are over this weekend for Easter. Can't wait to set it up!

IMG_7041 (resized).JPGIMG_7041 (resized).JPG
#1037 3 months ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

EJ CE was finally delivered today! I was worried at first because there were two forklift punctures at the bottom of the box. Luckily, it only penetrated about 4 inches and missed the cabinet by a few inches. I was fortunate the punctures weren't from the other side of the box.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm not getting it up the stairs today with just me and my wife! Will probably have to wait until my kids are over this weekend for Easter. Can't wait to set it up!
[quoted image]

Man.. Great timing! Congrats.

I'm paid in full but still waiting for the call! It's killing me

#1038 3 months ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

[quoted image]

Get one of these and you can move t your self!
Best thing since sliced bread!!!!

IMG_2571 (resized).jpegIMG_2571 (resized).jpeg
#1039 3 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

[quoted image]

Whats it called? Good for going down and up stairs?

#1040 3 months ago
Quoted from vic_vp:

Yes great for stairs
Look at Walmart / eBay just search for best price
Powered stair climbing dolly ( pincrawler)
You want the 400 lb rated one! It’s a beast makes it a one man job even with JJP games!!!

#1041 3 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Yes great for stairs
Look at Walmart / eBay just search for best price
Powered stair climbing dolly ( pincrawler)
You want the 400 lb rated one! It’s a beast makes it a one man job even with JJP games!!!

I love my Pincrawler! It has paid for itself a thousand times over with my game room on the second floor. <3

#1042 3 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Quoted from bwalter:

I love my Pincrawler! It has paid for itself a thousand times over with my game room on the second floor.

Just checked out a Pincrawler video online--that would be a useful piece of equipment!

#1043 3 months ago

Go to the forum under Stair Climber and there is all your info need to know about them.

#1044 3 months ago

Anyone else experiencing “Piano Malfunction “ after locking 3-balls in the Piano, the white little nipple that shoots out horizontally to control if the balls drop or not is not pulling back long enough time so the balls can drop, it ruins a great game, and yes iam getting a piano lock malfunction in the test report, game has done this since NIB a few weeks ago, I originally thought it was because i used old balls that were magnetized and sticking together.

#1045 3 months ago
Quoted from vic_vp:

If you want the best...

https://escalera.com/

#1046 3 months ago
51SsS7eMFPS._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg51SsS7eMFPS._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
#1047 3 months ago

Nope not a chance! I have Used both and these are half the price!

#1048 3 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Nope not a chance! I have Used both and these are half the price!

Half the price, half as good. lol

#1049 3 months ago

I like my Escalera, 20 pinball machines later and still working great.

20240320_134242 (resized).jpg20240320_134242 (resized).jpg
#1050 3 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I like my Escalera, 20 pinball machines later and still working great.
[quoted image]

They are awesome but are $$$. Wonderful customer service as well and that Big Wheel Attachment is GREAT! We have one I use at work, it's been going for years and years, they are built like a tank! I was so impressed with it, that I bought my own.

20231120_121430 (resized).jpg20231120_121430 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PixelPete Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brentwood, ES
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PixelPete Mods

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Whitty Pinball Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, MA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Akron, OH
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,639 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 53.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.