IMG_4130 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4116 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4037 (resized).jpeg
Blue Rope (resized).JPG
Green Rope (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_6183 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3237 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 42.
#851 74 days ago

I thought this was an Elton John thread. All I see is that you’re talking about Stern….. can we get back to EJ?

#852 74 days ago

Wow factor is a 10… CE is set up.

IMG_0672 (resized).jpegIMG_0672 (resized).jpeg
#853 74 days ago

Banner acquired and signed

Just missing a TS4 (someday!)

Resized_20240315_173154 (resized).jpegResized_20240315_173154 (resized).jpeg
#854 74 days ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Banner acquired and signed
Just missing a TS4 (someday!)
[quoted image]

Exactly what I want!!!!!

#855 74 days ago

Thank you to those who said to buy this game. WOW

You really can’t describe how it all just comes together and the feel of it all. I was in shock. Nothing I have owned or played comes close to this.

Please, please say this is how the next few games will be from JJP. I don’t even car want the theme is. I would be happy to give up my collection just to have a couple more of games at this level.

#856 74 days ago
Quoted from Nate1979:

You really can’t describe how it all just comes together and the feel of it all. I was in shock. Nothing I have owned or played comes close to this.
Please, please say this is how the next few games will be from JJP. I don’t even car want the theme is. I would be happy to give up my collection just to have a couple more of games at this level.

Welcome to the club !

#857 73 days ago
Quoted from Nate1979:

Greatest pin ever made! This game was the perfect storm. JJ said this title was near and dear to his heart and it shows. Detail design is everywhere you look. They had unlimited licensing support. A timeless theme attractive for a huge audience. Clock is ticking on CE’s. Should be sold soon with all the hype and exposure at Texas show. To hear Steve discuss the design is more proof that it is his crown jewel. That says it all from a guy who has designed some of the best games for 46 years. I still say these will fetch 20k+ in the near future. 1000 is not enough to satisfy future demand. Light show is the extra push to complete greatness.
Walk up to this pin and be a SUPERASTAR!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2091873453?t=02h09m32s

IMG_5266 (resized).jpegIMG_5266 (resized).jpeg
#858 73 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

Greatest pin ever made! This game was the perfect storm. JJ said this title was near and dear to his heart and it shows. Detail design is everywhere you look. They had unlimited licensing support. A timeless theme attractive for a huge audience. Clock is ticking on CE’s. Should be sold soon with all the hype and exposure at Texas show. To hear Steve discuss the design is more proof that it is his crown jewel. That says it all from a guy who has designed some of the best games for 46 years. I still say these will fetch 20k+ in the near future. 1000 is not enough to satisfy future demand. Light show is the extra push to complete greatness.
[quoted image]

The vibe it sets is just better than the rest.

#859 73 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

...They had unlimited licensing support. ...

Game looks great. No concert video footage though right?

#860 73 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

[quoted image]

You had me there until right up until the end of your statement.

I can’t wait to get my CE, but these won’t be going for $20k as great as EJ may be.

Maybe I’ll change my mind once I set mine up.

1,000 is a lot of $15k pins

#861 73 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I can’t wait to get my CE, but these won’t be going for $20k as great as EJ may be.

Have you played it yet? I would have thought that was crazy too until now.

On another note, I combed through every rumor thread all night trying to confirm next game announcement and timing. I already am ready to drop another $12k/$15k for the next game if it ends up being like this.

Please let it be Matrix, be announced soon and receive this same level of quality.

#862 73 days ago

How do you activate Juke Box mode ? Iam struggling to find it

#863 73 days ago
Quoted from Nate1979:

On another note, I combed through every rumor thread all night trying to confirm next game announcement and timing. I already am ready to drop another $12k/$15k for the next game if it ends up being like this.
Please let it be Matrix, be announced soon and receive this same level of quality.

I’ve not played it yet. Wanted to enjoy the full wow factor unboxing experience.

I’m sure I’m going to be blown away. Wonka and GNR with the new I/o boards, GF. Next level.

Throw in a separate $2k topper and other Stern mods for FOO and the LE is now $16k

I’m all in on future JJP as long as it’s not a TS

#864 73 days ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Game looks great. No concert video footage though right?

There is concert video.

IMG_5276 (resized).jpegIMG_5276 (resized).jpeg
#865 73 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Once you play it, imagine what the experience is like without the extra Lighting. The lighting above and around is key to the concert feel. Then ask yourself if someone who has played it will buy it without that? Then ask yourself if anyone will ever want to sell theirs? You now have a supply/demand problem that pushes the value up. Of course this is just fun speculation but man, what a game.

#866 73 days ago
Quoted from Nate1979:

Matrix or Harry Potter next I think.

Matrix could be awesome!

#867 73 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

You now have a supply/demand problem that pushes the value up. Of course this is just fun speculation but man, what a game.

Like Ice said. You like it and want to buy it, enjoy it. But any of this ridiculous talk about 20k is a joke if not a disservice to the community. If you want to understand supply and demand, try lookin at current games. By the way the guy that bought Godfather felt the same way.
Take a day and research. Based on that comment you may be in for a rude awakening.

I want to buy one. If I do, its knowing I will lose 4-6k if I sell it. Not that I am going to make any money or even possibly break even.

#868 73 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

Then ask yourself if anyone will ever want to sell theirs?

Ok so now with all these great changes at JJP and really hot titles coming how do you not think someone will want EJ bling and gameplay on a HP or Matrix theme.

See we get all excited and forget tomorrow brings a new shiny bauble...

People will want to sell for either cash to play again or because of space and love of a new theme.

#869 73 days ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Like Ice said. You like it and want to buy it, enjoy it. But any of this ridiculous talk about 20k is a joke if not a disservice to the community. If you want to understand supply and demand, try lookin at current games. By the way the guy that bought Godfather felt the same way.
Take a day and research. Based on that comment you may be in for a rude awakening.
I want to buy one. If I do, its knowing I will lose 4-6k if I sell it. Not that I am going to make any money or even possibly break even.

So your not an owner? This is a real game that I own and play and I’m allowed to offer an an observation especially now before the CE’s are gone. This game is different in many ways from all others. Elton John has worldwide fans that spans 55 years. There are 16 songs included. They sold two of them for 400,000.00 at a fundraiser a few weeks ago. Until you play it you should wait to accuse others of disservice. I think the 32 people following this thread can handle an opinion. I know many are pissed and jealous it cost more. IMO the value here is solid. It’s not milk or water. Nobody needs it so don’t buy it.

IMG_7774 (resized).jpegIMG_7774 (resized).jpeg
#870 73 days ago

A disservice to the community? lol

#871 73 days ago

I’ve played it.

Love the game and close to buying one . I’ve bought other games I love too . But I know darn well know if I sell them I’m losing money .

Quoted from romulusx:

A disservice to the community

Otherwise a nice way of saying that’s bull shot ; )

JJP is about to kick everyone’s butt even in a bad market .

#872 73 days ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I’ve played it.
Love the game and close to buying one . I’ve bought other games I love too . But I know darn well know if I sell them I’m losing money .

Otherwise a nice way of saying that’s bull shot ; )

You might or you might now with this title. The top titles don’t really drop. It is the lesser ones taking a hit right now.

Some of this depends on how many they produce in total or if they stop producing by the time the community (who feels burned by JJP) realizes this game is different.

I don’t care if it goes to $20k or $k.Really don’t. This is the first game I am very confident I won’t sell. If Matrix comes and as good, it will be an add, not a switch out.

I am more interested to see if they can keep this up with the next title. If they can, I am very confident in saying Stern better figure some stuff out quick. How are they going to be able to up their quality to match this without even more price increases? There is zero comparison to this game and any LE Stern. Can they afford to invest more into the game with their new operating expenses?

I think most reading this thread and reviews think this is like other new shining game bias. As someone who has purchased a lot of games in past few years, none of giving me this exuberance.

#873 73 days ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Well, the obvious advantage JJP has is they have a lot fewer mouths to feed and therefore aren't under the same pressure as Stern is.

No doubt they kick Stern's butt on bling...always have (the graphics they generate on the large LCD are incredible). Stern has Elwin and young blood on software...for me, Stern has been building more exciting games.

If JJP truly wants to dominate, they should hire Keith (and some of his minions). If this were "tech", Keith would already be onboard with plenty of stock options to vest over the next decade

#874 73 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

So your not an owner? This is a real game that I own and play and I’m allowed to offer an an observation especially now before the CE’s are gone. This game is different in many ways from all others. Elton John has worldwide fans that spans 55 years. There are 16 songs included. They sold two of them for 400,000.00 at a fundraiser a few weeks ago. Until you play it you should wait to accuse others of disservice. I think the 32 people following this thread can handle an opinion. I know many are pissed and jealous it cost more. IMO the value here is solid. It’s not milk or water. Nobody needs it so don’t buy it.
[quoted image]

Value is relative. When compared with Beatles Diamond @ 30k (https://www.aminis.com/stern-pinball/beatles-diamond-1780/iteminformation.aspx), EJCE offers solid value...agreed I owned a Beatles Gold and thought the worldwide fanbase would step-up and buy the pinball machines. That didn't happen. Fortunately, I owned a Gold and got out clean. Nice game, but just not exciting enough for my taste to be a keeper. The Beatles build numbers were fairly modest and it took a long time for sell through. Seems like the magic number in the LE/CE space to hold value is 500-700. When the numbers are pushed to 1,000, its much harder to not loose value (at least that's my gut feel). KISSLE/TRONLE have gone wild. RUSHLE/FFLE have gone south (along with recent JJP games that build 1000 CE's).

At the end of the day, this is just interesting pinball chatter. When many of us decide we have to have a game, we buy it and deal with the fallout later. I just think the days of people buying "every LE/CE" that comes out is over for many collectors who are getting burned. I've never been one of these buyers, but I know many.

#875 73 days ago

STERN has nothing on JJP at this point EJ is on another level then almost any stern

#876 73 days ago
Quoted from musketd:

STERN has nothing on JJP at this point EJ is on another level then almost any stern

You (and others) may be right about this being an inflection point...only time will tell. Stern still dominates most of the modern collections I've seen.

It's definitely cool to see SR shaking things up at JJP...the praise I'm hearing for the game is encouraging. I'm going to play a CE tonight...will be really interesting to see what you guys are raving about!

#877 73 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You (and others) may be right about this being an inflection point...only time will tell. Stern still dominates most of the modern collections I've seen.
It's definitely cool to see SR shaking things up at JJP...the praise I'm hearing for the game is encouraging. I'm going to play a CE tonight...will be really interesting to see what you guys are raving about!

I can’t wait for your unbiased review.

#878 73 days ago

Any distributors still have Elton CE spots/allocations available? If so, shoot me a PM. Or if you have a CE and are looking to sell it, hit me up. Thanks

#879 73 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I can’t wait for your unbiased review.

Well, I think we all have bias, but I'll do my best Full disclosure...I don't currently own any JJP games, but have owned DILE and GNRLE. Really wanted Toy Story to be great, but it fell short from my perspective (both on the TS4 license and gameplay). Played GFLE and didn't like anything about it. Liked DILE and owned it for years. GNRLE did nothing for me, despite being a fan of the band and the scene that launched them (Whiskey-A-Go-Go in LA)...beautiful game, but the gameplay and scoring were off the charts boring for me. I realize many people love it, and that's cool...different strokes. Notice you own it.

So my Stern heavy line-up definitely comes with a bias based on what I tend to gravitate towards. I've owned 2 SR classics for many years...STTNG and AC/DC Premium. Lastly, I tend to buy games for primarily for myself (and my kids). I don't buy games for guests that I don't enjoy, since most of my non-pinhead guests don't typically engage much. I tend to like games that challenge me. At the moment, I'm playing a lot of JP2, TRON, Bond 60th and FFLE.

#880 73 days ago

count me in.. ordered mine.. should have it very soon !!! only got the pe edition as i have a limited GNR nib arriving tuesday.. 28 pins now, shit !!!! need to thin the heard a bit
lol, mark

#881 73 days ago

Anyone else experiencing a Piano Lock Malfunction? Balls are not being detected, game keeps ball searching, its been acting up since day one on Thursday when it arrived, but today it finally gave me a malfunction elert after powering up

#882 73 days ago

Don’t use old balls from Mandi and Star Wars in Elton, my balls were magnetized in tbe piano causing the issue. 6 new balls , Life is good!!!

#883 73 days ago

Do people change out the new balls that JJP supply with the game or are they ok to use?

#884 73 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The fact of the matter is, while JJP games look amazing, most modern Sterns just play better. They have the best coded games around!

I still think the best coded JJP game is POTC. Hobbit is really good to but POTC is a master piece.

#885 73 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

The fact of the matter is, while JJP games look amazing, most modern Sterns just play better. They have the best coded games around!
I still think the best coded JJP game is POTC. Hobbit is really good to but POTC is a master piece.

You were right...until EJ. I had no intention of getting one. After playing it over and over at TPF this weekend, I put my deposit down on a CE today. Can't wait to play it in a home setting with no crop dusting.

#886 73 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You were right...until EJ. I had no intention of getting one. After playing it over and over at TPF this weekend, I put my deposit down on a CE today. Can't wait to play it in a home setting with no crop dusting.

Agree. EJ shoots amazing but the code is where I lose interest. EJ would be a wonderful game in a larger collection, fantastic! However... I would not have it as my only game.

...but yeah, EJ is JJP's best shooting game to date although... I really, really do love POTC. Overall that is JJP's best game IMO. Code is masterful in that game.

#887 73 days ago

I am thinking of selling my DILE and Avengers IQ to fund an EJCE. Should I sell 2 to get 1?

#888 73 days ago
Quoted from BigT:

I am thinking of selling my DILE and Avengers IQ to fund an EJCE. Should I sell 2 to get 1?

I did. Lol

#889 73 days ago

I sold my GNR CE to buy EJCE and I loved my GNR. Not so much the gameplay but I am a big fan of the band and it was a beautiful machine. Have never played EJ but I am confident I made the right decision from what I have seen most people say about EJ and from what I have seen on YouTube.

#890 73 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Agree. EJ shoots amazing but the code is where I lose interest. EJ would be a wonderful game in a larger collection, fantastic! However... I would not have it as my only game.
...but yeah, EJ is JJP's best shooting game to date although... I really, really do love POTC. Overall that is JJP's best game IMO. Code is masterful in that game.

I just put about 10 games on a CE at a local collectors place. I really appreciate his offer to play his game tonight...very gracious of him.

Shoots great...very familiar flow/shots to those of us that appreciate SR designed games. Didn't pay much attention to the rules. Much more interested in finding the shots, combos and MB's. Had 1 fairly good game (250M points). Game should be very approachable to all play levels. For more advanced players, I imagine this game would be considered easy (with the default setup).

Looks great...the PF and lighting is gorgeous. Audio sounded fine. Topper is cool, but I'm not sure the live video footage was all that impressive (since it doesn't seem synchronized with anything...just playing random live video clips). The large LCD didn't appear to play any live concert footage...just seemed to display many static images. The topper lights being reflected on the ceiling is also cool, but it's bling that doesn't mean much unless you are entertaining people. 98% of my pin usage is playing by myself, and I can't say I would get much out of the topper. For a party, I'm sure the topper bling would be entertaining to people (when I'm playing pinball, I'm not gazing at the topper or ceiling

I like the game/license and definitely want one eventually (I'm a sucker for music pins and like Elton). I'd probably be content with a PE, but really like the LA Dodger uniform on the CE PF. My collection is currently @ 15 (which I consider large, but I know is modest compared to some of you. Nevertheless, I think this would fit nicely into my collection (which tends to be stacked with difficult games). I think a more player friendly, flowy game like this would be a nice addition. The EJ drop targets are similar to the AC/DC TNT targets, but not quite as brutal (in terms of draining).

Unlike the PFLE I have on order, I have no FOMO on this title. I've been collecting for 20+ years and have no problem waiting 6-12 months to pick one up down the road (as the software fully bakes). JJP will be building these for a long time, like they did with GNR. If the CE is the smash success some of you anticipate, then I guess I might lose out, but it's highly doubtful to happen in today's market with 1000 CE's being produced.

#891 73 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

It’s the only thing we’ve been playing… for a month (except for Centaur, because it’s in my office/bedroom, I love it and the games are short). This is because EJ is on rental and, until we decided to buy one, once it was gone, it’s gone.

There’s a lot of code. It’s just not ‘story-based’. It does give lots of milestones/goals to shoot for, which is ultimately the purpose of code on a pinball machine. I get that the code is everything for some people, but Avengers: Infinity Quest is not the best game of all time just because it has the most code.

I keep reiterating this, but we are in the UK and extremely space limited. We moved a game (Centaur) up a steep flight of stairs into our bedroom to borrow Elton John. I’ve never owned a JJP before. I’ve enjoyed them, but found them slightly more sparkle than substance. Elton John, for me, is different. It’s just a very very good Steve Ritchie, possibly his best title, and we’ve not owned a Steve Ritchie before, but enjoy the layouts, so are adding this one.

On production values, it leaves Stern in the shade, but everyone knew that already.

#892 73 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Unlike the PFLE I have on order, I have no FOMO on this title. I've been collecting for 20+ years and have no problem waiting 6-12 months to pick one up down the road (as the software fully bakes). JJP will be building these for a long time, like they did with GNR. If the CE is the smash success some of you anticipate, then I guess I might lose out, but it's highly doubtful to happen in today's market with 1000 CE's being produced.

You're right; I think you'll be able to get them for a while, so there's no FOMO. I just didn't want to stop playing when I left TPF, so I got one now.

#893 72 days ago
Quoted from Veemonroe:

I’ve never owned a JJP before. I’ve enjoyed them, but found them slightly more sparkle than substance. Elton John, for me, is different. It’s just a very very good Steve Ritchie, possibly his best title, and we’ve not owned a Steve Ritchie before, but enjoy the layouts, so are adding this one.
On production values, it leaves Stern in the shade, but everyone knew that already.

Yep, spot-on. I've owned a couple JJP's (DILE, GNRLE) and I think EJ would last a lot longer (and likely be a keeper).

Last night, Jaws LE was beside EJCE and it didn't even get played...we were having too much fun with EJCE

Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're right; I think you'll be able to get them for a while, so there's no FOMO. I just didn't want to stop playing when I left TPF, so I got one now.

Makes sense! For those of us that aren't feeling the over-the-top topper, I think the PE is a great choice and really well appointed (I actually prefer the blue/platinum over purple/gold, but both are well done).

#894 72 days ago

Well first it's the Monday after TPF, let's see if the CE sells out on JJP site by the end of the week.

#895 72 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Well first it's the Monday after TPF, let's see if the CE sells out on JJP site by the end of the week.

It won't. I'd be shocked.

(And isn't it refreshing to have a Pinside owner NOT over-hype a machine to keep his game's value up???)

#896 72 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It won't. I'd be shocked.
(And isn't it refreshing to have a Pinside owner NOT over-hype a machine to keep his game's value up???)

Never say never. A lot of people here were thinking that once players got a chance to see and play it, they would want it. No doubt that happen this past weekend!

I will say I was very impressed with the CE topper. It's amazing how far and spread out that thing projects. Really something else!

#897 72 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Welcome to the club Booby!

#898 72 days ago

In the dark with lights out, CE lighting extends out the entire 22X30 ceiling/room. How did they ever figure that out? Incredible Bling, Bling X10!

IMG_5279 (resized).pngIMG_5279 (resized).pngIMG_5280 (resized).jpegIMG_5280 (resized).jpeg
#899 72 days ago

Yeah, that is super cool. Just like GF CE, that topper really adds a great element to the game. If I was going to buy one, the CE would be the way to go unless it wasn't an option due to height restrictions.

#900 72 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

One less. Doh, it’s nice pin. I had to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PixelPete Mods

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Whitty Pinball Creations

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blandon, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-elton-john-official-owners-club/page/18?hl=veemonroe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.