20240714_160352 (resized).jpg
IMG_5719 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0205 (resized).png
IMG_4408 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3658.jpeg
IMG_8848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8822 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 53.
#801 4 months ago

Mine arrived this morning can’t keep my eyes off of it. EJ CE 347 in the house

IMG_0384 (resized).jpegIMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
#802 4 months ago

“Mine arrived this morning can’t keep my eyes off of it. EJ CE 347 in the house”

Wow! Stunning! Congratulations!

#803 4 months ago

Great line up!

#804 4 months ago
Quoted from BurntBiscuit:

Who is offering this…JJP?

JJP direct purchase for sure, maybe a distributor local to you as well. You should inquire before you buy if that sounds like a good solution for you.

#805 4 months ago

Thank you!

I was almost going to put it next to Tommy but it needs its own space. It has been 7 years since I first started in the hobby. I believe 4 is my limit.

#806 4 months ago
Quoted from Kanthony:

Mine arrived this morning can’t keep my eyes off of it. EJ CE 347 in the house
[quoted image]

Congrats! Getting mine next week. Very curious how much concert footage on small tv’s.

#807 4 months ago
Quoted from Packerjeff:

Congrats! Getting mine next week. Very curious how much concert footage on small tv’s.

There is a great mix of concert footage. Game information. Many different images come up on those screens. They are super cool! You won’t be disappointed

#808 4 months ago

Put Jaws LE next to EJ-CE, mic drop !!! EJ is in another stratosphere. After playing EJ try playing a Stern? I played a game of James Bond after 2-hrs of EJ and its like someone teleported me back 20 years into the past. Stern really needs to step it up, I usex to buy every Stern but EJ has killed that want. It was also nice to open a pinball machine that was packaged correctly!! Not something with black dust all over it. Another hang up I have with Stern, $13,000 and your game arrives filthy.

IMG_7525 (resized).jpegIMG_7525 (resized).jpeg
#809 4 months ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Put Jaws LE next to EJ-CE, mic drop !!!

Hahahaah

#810 4 months ago

Thanks to all for the input and pics!
Wife and I have been able to handle our Stern’s and a quick back lift from neighbor once. After seeing pics above, I think we can handle…no stairs thank goodness!
Getting closer to pulling the trigger!

EJ CE’s will be at the Texas show starting today. I would expect a flood of CE orders when people see and play it. I would Jump on it soon before they sell out.

IMG_9215 (resized).jpegIMG_9215 (resized).jpeg
#811 4 months ago

I will be curious to see if the CE sells out after TPF. I guess the other question is how many does JJP have for sale on their site? They only allow you to buy one at a time.

#812 4 months ago
Quoted from Kanthony:

There is a great mix of concert footage. Game information. Many different images come up on those screens. They are super cool! You won’t be disappointed

I can see someone running the video feed to a larger wall mount tv next to the pin. Maybe even one on each side for the EJ fanatic.

#813 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I will be curious to see if the CE sells out after TPF. I guess the other question is how many does JJP have for sale on their site? They only allow you to buy one at a time.

Nooo….. please don’t buy all the CEs. I’m strapped until after taxes and probably won’t be able to buy until May.

#814 4 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Nooo….. please don’t buy all the CEs. I’m strapped until after taxes and probably won’t be able to buy until May.

I couldn't fit one with my drop ceilings even if I tried. lol

#815 4 months ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Put Jaws LE next to EJ-CE, mic drop !!! EJ is in another stratosphere. After playing EJ try playing a Stern? I played a game of James Bond after 2-hrs of EJ and its like someone teleported me back 20 years into the past. Stern really needs to step it up, I usex to buy every Stern but EJ has killed that want. It was also nice to open a pinball machine that was packaged correctly!! Not something with black dust all over it. Another hang up I have with Stern, $13,000 and your game arrives filthy. [quoted image]

I love many sterns too. Now you see what I’ve been saying since Christmas. Elton made me rethink what I want out of my game room.

#816 4 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I love many sterns too. Now you see what I’ve been saying since Christmas. Elton made me rethink what I want out of my game room.

Quality wise, the JJP games are far superior IMO.

The big LCD screen, the PC that runs it, the lighting, the sound system and not to mention all the little stuff. The ball catch, ball eject protector, the way the lock down bar retains itself. The machine is clearly a higher level of build quality IMO. I mean look at the FF topper, 2k! Can you imagine the price of the EJ or GF CE topper if Stern was selling it!? No doubt it would have to be 4 to 5000 dollars! EZ! All day....

#817 4 months ago

Alright found out last night me CE is in route to my distributor, then to me!!!! Can't wait and I've been reading everyone's posts. This is my first JJP and I feel like a little kid waiting for Xmas lol

#818 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

The big LCD screen, the PC that runs it, the lighting, the sound system and not to mention all the little stuff. The ball catch, ball eject protector, the way the lock down bar retains itself. The machine is clearly a higher level of build quality IMO. I mean look at the FF topper, 2k! Can you imagine the price of the EJ or GF CE topper if Stern was selling it!? No doubt it would have to be 4 to 5000 dollars! EZ! All day....

Guess it depends on how you define "quality". No doubt, JJP games are heavier and contain more "stuff". Most operators I speak to claim Stern games do a lot better in a high traffic/play environment (in terms of reliability). I've owned DILE and GNRLE and they weren't less reliable, however home environments don't put any stress on a game.

#819 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

New benchmark established. To me, Unless JJ can continue on this trajectory, this will be the greatest pin ever made. Why? The lighting, sound, video, ball flow and artwork pull together for a fully immersive experience. Please, “just one more game” Over and over. The added ceiling lazer show along with intergrated under and behind cabinet lighting is on a whole new level. The promo video wasn’t far off from what you feel like playing EJ CE.

IMG_7771 (resized).jpegIMG_7771 (resized).jpeg
#820 4 months ago
Quoted from pindel:

New benchmark established. To me, Unless JJ can continue on this trajectory, this will be the greatest pin ever made. Why? The lighting, sound, video, ball flow and artwork pull together for a fully immersive experience. Please, “just one more game” Over and over. The added ceiling lazer show along with intergrated under and behind cabinet lighting is on a whole new level. The promo video wasn’t far off from what you feel like playing EJ CE.
[quoted image]

Yup

#821 4 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Guess it depends on how you define "quality". No doubt, JJP games are heavier and contain more "stuff". Most operators I speak to claim Stern games do a lot better in a high traffic/play environment (in terms of reliability). I've owned DILE and GNRLE and they weren't less reliable, however home environments don't put any stress on a game.

Maybe more attention to detail is the better way of putting it? I guess in my experience I would say that the JJPs are a bit more prone to failure but I have only own one that was NIB, all the rest were used. Most of the Sterns I have owned (especially of late), I have bought new. I find with Sterns (depending on the title) need more adjustments out of the box but are less likely to fail.

Either way, I find that the JJP games are of a higher quality build overall and that JJP focuses more on the fine details rather than counting every penny like Stern. With that said, JJP titles are over 2k more too, soooooooooo....

#822 4 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

To turn off jukebox mode, press the lockdown bar button and hold it down a few seconds until it shows jukebox off on the screen.

How do you turn it on?

#823 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Maybe more attention to detail is the better way of putting it? I guess in my experience I would say that the JJPs are a bit more prone to failure but I have only own one that was NIB, all the rest were used. Most of the Sterns I have owned (especially of late), I have bought new. I find with Sterns (depending on the title) need more adjustments out of the box but are less likely to fail.
Either way, I find that the JJP games are of a higher quality build overall and that JJP focuses more on the fine details rather than counting every penny like Stern. With that said, JJP titles are over 2k more too, soooooooooo....

You are correct about price but when you add the accessories that are already on Elton John to the $13,000 jaws LE it’s $16,000

#824 4 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You are correct about price but when you add the accessories that are already on Elton John to the $13,000 jaws LE it’s $16,000

Yeah but I think you have to compare Premium to PE and LE to CE.

Either way I certainly don't want a Stern Premium to start out at 12K, one way or the other. I am not saying that with JJP that you don't get what you pay for because I think you do but when you climb over that 10k mark, people notice.

#825 4 months ago
Quoted from JJDK:

How do you turn it on?

Same way. Hold down the lock down bar button until the screen shows "Shuffle on"

#826 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Either way I certainly don't want a Stern Premium to start out at 12K, one way or the other. I am not saying that with JJP that you don't get what you pay for because I think you do but when you climb over that 10k mark, people notice.

Here’s what I was trying to say,
Elton John CE is $15,000
Includes topper,art blades,powder coated armor and shooter rod.
Jaws LE is $13,000
If you buy the topper and other accessories that stern offers for jaws it would cost you $16,000

#827 4 months ago
Quoted from pindel:

EJ CE’s will be at the Texas show starting today. I would expect a flood of CE orders when people see and play it. I would Jump on it soon before they sell out.

I am closing in on it. Hard to tell if they will sell out of the CE at $15K, but one thing is certain…it is an absolutely gorgeous machine, and the lighting and sound seem to be on a different level. I am putting Pinwoofers on my Deadpool Premium and possibly Pinstadium lighting. Does not sound like that would be needed at all on the EJ CE.

#828 4 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Elton John CE is $15,000
Jaws LE is $13,000
If you buy the topper and other accessories that stern offers for jaws it would cost you $16,000

Plus and this is a big one, you don’t get the interactive lighting under, behind, and above. You don’t get the same level of packaging. You don’t get the huge backglass screen. You don’t get the art blade protectors. You don’t get the genius Micro LED Piano Marquee. The Marquee serves a purpose beyond bling. Constant info on bonus and stuff. The list is super long and smothers out the competition. I like my Jaws LE and I’m happy to have it. However, there is no if, ands or butts when it comes to the Jersey Jack EJ CE extravaganza! People would ask me “What is the best pinball”? There was never an answer to that until now. Greatest pinball game on earth for now.

#829 4 months ago

I am closing in on it. Hard to tell if they will sell out of the CE at $15K, but one thing is certain…it is an absolutely gorgeous machine, and the lighting and sound seem to be on a different level. I am putting Pinwoofers on my Deadpool Premium and possibly Pinstadium lighting. Does not sound like that would be needed at all on the EJ CE.

Not to me.

#830 4 months ago
Quoted from adamross:

Been playing this game quite a bit at AYCE Gogi in Los Angeles and never expected to fall in love as much as I have with a JJP since POTC. This might be my first NIB purchase in many years. My question to current owners, how do you like playing the slower paced songs that don't seem to fit the fast action and excitement of this game. I found myself choosing Pinball Wizard, Croc Rock and Saturday Night over and over, but realize you can't play the same 3 songs every time if you own this game. Also, is the game deep enough to keep discovering new things when playing at home over the course of time? Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

Well, my husband plays “Your Song” almost every game and that’s super slow.

I tend to go for “Yellow Brick Road”, “Levon” and “I’m Still Standing”. I had a period of playing “Your Sister Can’t Twist” over and over because it’s a rental machine and it had a lower high score.

I think it’s just personal preference. That and which notes are lit.

#831 4 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Same way. Hold down the lock down bar button until the screen shows "Shuffle on"

Doesn’t seem to work. Holding the button down and nothing happens. Any settings for it?

#832 4 months ago
Quoted from pindel:

Please, “just one more game” Over and over.
[quoted image]

I’m still new at this, and I’m happy that the CE is getting such strong reviews as more and more get delivered, but it’s the gameplay that has drawn me in. I also struggle to stop each time I step up to the machine.

#833 4 months ago

Drop targets are repeatedly firing for no reason. Reseated all connectors with no change. Has anyone had this occur?

#834 4 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Elton John CE is $15,000
Jaws LE is $13,000

16K or more. Yup

#835 4 months ago
Quoted from JJDK:

Doesn’t seem to work. Holding the button down and nothing happens. Any settings for it?

Yes, there probably is. I can check later where it is in settings on my GNR when I get home. Default is probably jukebox off on Elton.

#836 4 months ago

JJP is separating itself now from Stern in terms of what you get for the $$$. They always have but people are getting hit in the face with it on EJ

Especially since they are revisiting code updates on GNR.

Wonka, GNR, GF and EJ are next level pins.

I have a ton of Stern games I love. But I’ll be looking for JJP 1st now.

And JJP is rumored to have some fantastic themes coming up.

#837 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I think stern is at the highest they can possibly charge. I can justify a JJP CE because of what’s in a stern LE…..stern LE at 14 or 15k? Better be the best Back to the Future machine of all-time. I don’t know what else could make me buy a stern LE at 14 or up.

#838 4 months ago

I can’t wait to see what Steve Ritchie does next.

I know I’m not the only who was surprised with the machine.

#839 4 months ago

CE ordered! My PE sold and gets picked up tomorrow

#840 4 months ago

I just found out my CE shipped to me yesterday. Hopefully will have tracking by tomorrow. Really looking forward to this pin!

#841 4 months ago
Quoted from JJDK:

This is where it is on GNR and probably the same on EJ. Still waiting for my EJCE.

20240315_205347 (resized).jpg20240315_205347 (resized).jpg
#842 4 months ago

Can someone with a CE please let us know about the interactive topper? Does it add something to the game or is it just decoration?

#843 4 months ago
Quoted from Jfed:

Can someone with a CE please let us know about the interactive topper? Does it add something to the game or is it just decoration?

In the interview happening tonight they said it’s like black knight.
You earn letters of superstar during stage multiball
Collect all of them for more jackpot.
Then hey carry over game to game.
Kinda cool.
I didn’t pay close attention listening on my phone.

#844 4 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

In the interview happening tonight they said it’s like black knight.
You earn letters of superstar during stage multiball
Collect all of them for more jackpot.
Then hey carry over game to game.
Kinda cool.
I didn’t pay close attention listening on my phone.

Awesome, thats exactly what i was hoping. Cant wait for my CE!

#845 4 months ago

Definitely having a regular issue with the three bank drop targets. The left side doesn’t fire consistently and it sometimes makes the ball auto launch. Occasionally I’ll get the malfunction notice in the menu. Reached out to JJP but no response yet. Super annoying an hour out of the box.

#846 4 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

This is where it is on GNR and probably the same on EJ. Still waiting for my EJCE.[quoted image]

Thank you for the info. I will check it out.

#847 4 months ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Definitely having a regular issue with the three bank drop targets. The left side doesn’t fire consistently and it sometimes makes the ball auto launch. Occasionally I’ll get the malfunction notice in the menu. Reached out to JJP but no response yet. Super annoying an hour out of the box.

NIB games from JJP & Stern are always a crap shoot. Friend of mine just spent weeks dialing in his JAWS after unboxing it. Hope your issue gets worked out quickly. You have quite the collection, so I'm sure you have a lot of experience working through issues. Good luck.

#848 4 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

NIB games from JJP & Stern are always a crap shoot. Friend of mine just spent weeks dialing in his JAWS after unboxing it. Hope your issue gets worked out quickly. You have quite the collection, so I'm sure you have a lot of experience working through issues. Good luck.

No doubt. I have owned two JJP titles (DI, TS4) in the past but they were used. This is my first experience with JJP NIB. It's just annoying as it's on location. I was able to adjust the mechanics underneath as well as adjust the coil power to correct the issue most of the time it seems.

#849 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

No a Stern Premium has that nasty wrinkle finish if you want the nice powder coat finish you got to get the LE for that
hell I don't even think you get an actual back glass on the Stern Premium I'm pretty sure its a trans light

The JJP EJ PE has
Powder Coat
Topper
RadCals
Art Blades
Invisiglass
Wi-Fi Enabled Bluetooth Audio
Shaker Motor
Removable Magnetic Rule & Pricing Cards
Coil-Driven Knocker
Backglass NOT a trans light
and what ever els I am forgetting

And the JJP EJ CE is a whole different level

#850 4 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Which one would break less for operators on location?

Screenshot_20240316_162341_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240316_162341_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240316_162510_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240316_162510_Google (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PixelPete Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PixelPete Mods

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Whitty Pinball Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 2,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 53.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.