20240613_210937 (resized).jpg
20240613_162047 (resized).jpg
IMG_0237 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0236 (resized).jpeg
20240611_194708 (resized).jpg
20240611_192318 (resized).jpg
20240611_173414 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 3.06.38?PM (resized).png
There are 2,262 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 46.
#651 3 months ago
Quoted from MagicJack:

22 steps to do it on a Mac, no thanks ... almost need a code writing degree, I'll pass. Will wait for wifi update.

Honestly if you do one step at a time it wasn’t hard. I could do it now without instructions. It’s just very specific on what to do. I actually learned a lot from doin it.

#652 3 months ago
Quoted from MagicJack:

22 steps to do it on a Mac, no thanks ... almost need a code writing degree, I'll pass. Will wait for wifi update.

JJP has said you need to do the usb update to be able to do any additional WiFi updates. The usb update to 1.06 fixes the issue to be able to use WiFi.

#653 3 months ago

Anyone notice any changes to 1.07 from 1.06? I didn't so far.

#654 3 months ago

Until this game was released I had Star Trek high on my queue. Now I’m considering this one if someone could have only one Steve Ritchie game which would it be? Thoughts?

#655 3 months ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Until this game was released I had Star Trek high on my queue. Now I’m considering this one if someone could have only one Steve Ritchie game which would it be? Thoughts?

I had no plans to get this game. I like some of his music but not a huge fan. I got the PE after a lot of people telling me good it was. I was not prepared to be impressed. This game is the best game I have ever played. It easily is JJP and Steve Ritchie’s best game. I like it so much that I am trading up to a CE. It is a sleeper and will do great as more and more play it.

#656 3 months ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Not so far.

#657 3 months ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Wardrobe item is lit

#658 3 months ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Album collected - “one out of 23 “ or whatever is said now.
I haven’t played a ton yet though.

#659 3 months ago
Quoted from JJDK:

JJP has said you need to do the usb update to be able to do any additional WiFi updates. The usb update to 1.06 fixes the issue to be able to use WiFi.

I never did the 1.06 I skipped that
Just so anyone starting knows
I went straight to the 1.07 on usb method and all is fine

#660 3 months ago

I think I'm going to end up buying a CE.

Not in a rush. I'm willing to wait it out a little and buy a later build.

I have 10 foot ceilings in the basement, so that should be good for the topper.

#661 3 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think I'm going to end up buying a CE.
Not in a rush. I'm willing to wait it out a little and buy a later build.
I. have 10 foot ceilings in the basement, so that should be good for the topper.

10’ ceiling should be perfect for a tight light show!!

#662 3 months ago
Quoted from MagicJack:

V1.06 will not be available on WiFi. Like you, I have a Mac. I called JJP and for a modest fee they will prepare and ship a USB with V1.06. Once you have V1.06 in your GNR, you can update via WiFi. That's what I did and had no problem updating to V1.07 via WiFi.

#663 3 months ago

Right, folks. I’ve got a PE currently on hire here until 21st March, and I’ve just put down my deposit to join the club

I’ll be getting a PE.

#664 3 months ago
Quoted from JJDK:

I'm at 1.06. Bought a USB thumb drive from JJP and installed it myself. Game says 1.06. I can update with wifi, except that I don't see the option to update to 1.07 as we speak. Just checked. My wifi is well connected. Let's wait.

#665 3 months ago

Can I ask for some help in deciding?

Knowing that owners, especially of new games, are going to have a slight bias.

I currently own. Stranger Things, BM66, IMD, Avengers and Wonka. I am not a great player at all but enjoy it a lot. I don’t go to bars or other places to play. I just started buying them, made a themed arcade for them and enjoy it. It is my happy place haha

I like Stranger Things the least. Not even sure why but it doesn’t draw me in and I like the show.

I play IMD and Avengers a lot. I like the quest kind of play and all the loops, ramps and spinners.

I still like Wonka the most. It is the one game I can’t see ever getting rid of. I love the theme, lights, all the quest type/mini game within the game. Lots of ways to earn multi ball.

I have always bought new in box but slowly talking myself into used. All of this has me always feeling like I need another JJP game. I have always longed for Wizard of Oz (love the theme and all there appears to do), thought about Hobbit because I don’t hate theme. Dialed in and TS4 are of zero interest to me because I need to be connected to the theme. Maybe God Father but indifferent to the theme. This kind of has me down to - buy a GNR LE for $7500 used or just buy Elton for $12k. I don’t love either theme but do enjoy both of their music.

Is EJ really l worth $5k more than GNR for someone with my tastes? Is there another game that might intrigue me? Even thought about labyrinth or another stern but can’t shake my love for Wonka. Is it just the theme or do I love JJP?

Sorry for long post. Any insight is appreciated.

#666 3 months ago
Quoted from Nate1979:

I currently own. Stranger Things, BM66, IMD, Avengers and Wonka. I am not a great player at all but enjoy it a lot. I don’t go to bars or other places to play. I just started buying them, made a themed arcade for them and enjoy it. It is my happy place haha
I like Stranger Things the least. Not even sure why but it doesn’t draw me in and I like the show.
I play IMD and Avengers a lot. I like the quest kind of play and all the loops, ramps and spinners.
I still like Wonka the most. It is the one game I can’t see ever getting rid of. I love the theme, lights, all the quest type/mini game within the game. Lots of ways to earn multi ball.
I have always bought new in box but slowly talking myself into used. All of this has me always feeling like I need another JJP game. I have always longed for Wizard of Oz (love the theme and all there appears to do), thought about Hobbit because I don’t hate theme. Dialed in and TS4 are of zero interest to me because I need to be connected to the theme. Maybe God Father but indifferent to the theme. This kind of has me down to - buy a GNR LE for $7500 used or just buy Elton for $12k. I don’t love either theme but do enjoy both of their music.
Is EJ really l worth $5k more than GNR for someone with my tastes? Is there another game that might intrigue me? Even thought about labyrinth or another stern but can’t shake my love for Wonka. Is it just the theme or do I love JJP?

All can offer is I’ve had them all. I’m selling two this weekend as now all I play is Elton.
I’ve settled on adding godzilla and just having the two.
I don’t want the budget or maintenance on more than a couple games anymore.
Elton is insanely thrilling to play. If you like fast, don’t think too much games you can’t go wrong.
Of course others do study the strategy more than myself

#667 3 months ago
Quoted from Nate1979:

Based purely on your skill level, I would go for EJ. I currently have both GNR and EJ and GNR is a pretty unforgiving game.
If cost is a major factor, I'd go for GNR - I absolutely love this game but again it can be pretty brutal - unless you change some settings and outlane post positions.

#668 3 months ago
Quoted from Nate1979:

EJ is more fun. I have both sitting next to each other. In my opinion EJ is on another level.

#669 3 months ago
Quoted from Nate1979:Can I ask for some help in deciding?
Any insight is appreciated.

Elton is insanely thrilling to play. If you like fast, don’t think too much games you can’t go wrong.

^^. this.

I am admittedly still in the honeymoon phase.
But this game is a terrific break from the longer playing strategy based games in my collection. There is strategy there. And it takes some determination to make it to Champ MB and beyond. But "fast" and "thrilling" are great adjectives. The theme grabs everyone's attention. Soccer moms and friends who have never wanted anything to do with my game room, are playing this. And asking to come back.

My advice would be find one within 100 miles and drive to it. Go play 10 or 20 games or whartever it takes you to start Signature Stage MB and keep it going for awhile. For me that's what did it. Honestly I laughed to myself when I heard the theme and thought "my money is safe on this one. Zero interest"
After I put about $20 in a location pin, I bought it.

#670 3 months ago

Tried downloading the new update, but my machine keeps telling me update failed to download. Anyone else run into this issue.

20240309_223402 (resized).jpg20240309_223402 (resized).jpg
#671 3 months ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Tried downloading the new update, but my machine keeps telling me update failed to download. Anyone else run into this issue.
[quoted image]

You need to have 1.06 to download via WiFi. You will have to do a complete install of 1.07 via usb.

#672 3 months ago

How does the CE art look in person?

I saw the PE art and I thought it was outstanding.

#673 3 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How does the CE art look in person?
I saw the PE art and I thought it was outstanding.

I think the PE's art looks fabulous. As good or better than the CE's. From few feet back anyway.

Where the CE really excels for me is with the topper - primarily the laser show - and the SUPERSTAR! carryover feature; the additional jewel-like glitter enhancements on the playfield; and the overall game aura created by the additional backbox and undercab lighting.

#674 3 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I think the PE's art looks fabulous. As good or better than the CE's. From few feet back anyway.
Where the CE really excels for me is with the topper - primarily the laser show - and the SUPERSTAR! carryover feature; the additional jewel-like glitter enhancements on the playfield; and the overall game aura created by the additional backbox and undercab lighting.

What is the superstar feature?

I’m hoping with CEs starting to get delivered, that we get some in depth videos of the machine.

I saw the PE in person….Franchi hit it out of the park.

#675 3 months ago

When it was announced, I was really down on an EJ pin. I really didn’t understand the appeal and just thought it was a missed opportunity for a better theme.

With that stated, I had the opportunity to play one yesterday at a friends’s house. I must admit that in person, the game presents itself extremely well. The playfield, lighting, EJ at the piano, and layout are all great. It was a fun game to play, and while it will never be on my wishlist I can certainly appreciate it now and see the appeal to others.

#676 3 months ago
Quoted from JJDK:

You need to have 1.06 to download via WiFi. You will have to do a complete install of 1.07 via usb.

Thank you

#677 3 months ago

Can anyone tell me if I'm missing a connector on this board in the middle under the playfield?
I looked for one but didn't see any and these aren't always populated.

If there is one, could you please post a pic of where it comes from?

It's marked J601 - Spotlight.

PXL_20240310_181617464 (resized).jpgPXL_20240310_181617464 (resized).jpg
#678 3 months ago

I believe it’s empty.

#679 3 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Can anyone tell me if I'm missing a connector on this board in the middle under the playfield?
I looked for one but didn't see any and these aren't always populated.
If there is one, could you please post a pic of where it comes from?
It's marked J601 - Spotlight.
[quoted image]

Empty on my game too.

#680 3 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I believe it’s empty.

Quoted from MagicJack:

Empty on my game too.

Thank you both for checking!

#681 3 months ago

Mines empty also!

#682 3 months ago
Quoted from Nate1979:

Hey...happy to chime in here. Based on what you shared, my suggestion would be to go with a WOZ. I picked one up this past October (Chicago Expo) and it's such an incredible machine. With your desire to connect with the theme and your enjoyment of quests, you should get a lot of play and enjoyment out of it. The code is incredibly deep...so much so that some players are turned off by it (not me though). I find myself sometimes just doing a few particular things to advance in the game along a certain pathway.

I also own GnR LE and GF CE and love both of those.

Regarding EJ PE, I was able to get a lot of plays on it....and, well, it's awesome. I was pleasantly surprised.

It sounds like you are drawn to JJP style of games.....my suggestion is to play them all obviously, but if that isn't feasible in a reasonable timeframe for you, I would just pick one if you are struggling to decide. Odds are you will enjoy it.

Note that if you buy an older game (i.e. WOZ) have some patience as it may need more attention to keep it running. I have a few headaches with my WOZ (it's 10 years old), but JJP support is outstanding.

Let us know what you end up doing!

#683 3 months ago

Any CEs land yet? Let’s see some pics!

#684 3 months ago
Quoted from Eeeek:

Any CEs land yet? Let’s see some pics!

I need to decide between PE and CE.

#685 3 months ago

I opted for a CE. I think the topper on the PE is bland. The light show and screens on the CE topper made it an easy choice for me. I say go for a CE!

#686 3 months ago
Quoted from Eeeek:

I opted for a CE. I think the topper on the PE is bland. The light show and screens on the CE topper made it an easy choice for me. I say go for a CE!

I’ve seen the art on the PE and it was great. I haven’t seen CE art in person yet.

#687 3 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I have the PE
Knowing how good the game is now I’d choose the CE

#688 3 months ago

This is the KINGS BEST GAME EVER

#689 3 months ago
Quoted from musketd:

This is the KINGS BEST GAME EVER

I think it’s THE best game ever.

Still non-stop fun.

#690 3 months ago

EJ is really fun shooting pin. Not so much mode based and that’s ok!

#691 3 months ago

Lifelong pinball player. This is my first post on Pinside and Elton John PE is the first machine I’ve owned. Couldn’t be happier. The machine is beautiful and the play is infectious. The only problem I have with it is I’m having trouble pulling myself away every night. I’ve got a lot to learn and practice.

#692 3 months ago
Quoted from Dvdstt:

Lifelong pinball player. This is my first post on Pinside and Elton John PE is the first machine I’ve owned. Couldn’t be happier. The machine is beautiful and the play is infectious. The only problem I have with it is I’m having trouble pulling myself away every night. I’ve got a lot to learn and practice.

infectious! That’s fantastic!

#693 3 months ago
Quoted from Dvdstt:

Why sleep when playing Elton John is a hell of a lot more fun.

#694 3 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Im trying to make the same decision. Haven’t been able to play one yet but going on reports of how fun it is and i love the music i am definitely buying one. The CE or PE is the question, PE art looks great but that topper on the CE with the screens is fantastic. Looks like it has live concert footage too possibly.

#695 3 months ago
Quoted from Jfed:

Im trying to make the same decision. Haven’t been able to play one yet but going on reports of how fun it is and i love the music i am definitely buying one. The CE or PE is the question, PE art looks great but that topper on the CE with the screens is fantastic. Looks like it has live concert footage too possibly.

It’s possible the CE art looks great in person. Maybe pictures doesn’t do it justice.

#696 3 months ago

It must be the same 3 or 4 pinheads flagging each review of Elton. bored or in Denial?

#697 3 months ago

What changes did the new code offer? Did they add any modes or new animations?

#698 3 months ago

Here we go, CE set for delivery tomorrow!

IMG_7771 (resized).jpegIMG_7771 (resized).jpeg
#699 3 months ago

Stoked for you CE guys

#700 3 months ago

It seems that there are lots of EJ PE owners out there soon to be joined by EJ CE owners. Remember we need a minimum of 50 ratings to get EJ in the top 100. From the ratings I've read, mine included, this pin will go straight up to the top 10.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coos Bay, OR
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brentwood, ES
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PixelPete Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PixelPete Mods

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Whitty Pinball Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,262 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-elton-john-official-owners-club/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.