Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 283 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by BuzzMoo
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

089099B4-875E-4DAC-84D0-86B424335750 (resized).jpeg
    5D33214B-3B33-4E62-BAAD-5C6AA5AB6744 (resized).jpeg
    85302369-3566-4F35-8B04-3F36B6797613 (resized).jpeg
    ADAA3E65-49B2-436E-9166-61EF6F44818F (resized).jpeg
    69F5FE0D-1D90-4C56-BD65-DD8FD4AC2EBF (resized).jpeg
    h mansion lp (resized).jpg
    074541f3828b453734e904f32321ea2d (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    1abfd913-65fe-42a7-bf63-151a67dbc343 (resized).jpg
    052120_bb_plague_feat_REV (resized).jpg
    Sneetches2 (resized).jpg
    EA9B32CD-8DE1-401F-8F09-1BDF596A82E9 (resized).jpeg
    spinaltap2_400x400 (resized).jpg
    26218390265_390c55ebd7_o (resized).png
    7036E269-7ADA-48DF-97B8-12BEAE2AD7DE.jpeg
    CD1E4C6A-1FC8-45AB-B00C-7EFB4DCEF62C (resized).jpeg
    There are 283 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 3 years ago

Pink Floyd with laser show and a wall bash toy.

#202 3 years ago

Here's my wish list.

Van Halen (DLR)
    Transformers G1 (w/layout tweaks)
    Spinal Tap
    Cannonball Run
    Die Hard

#203 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't think so. Harry Potter is still a kids film. It will sell but nothing out of the ordinary.

You know there is something called books also?

Tons of adults count those books as their favorite... its far from just kids who are into that stuff ( I am not one of them but its a huge license)

"More than 500 million copies of the Harry Potter books have sold worldwide; more than 180 million copies have sold in the U.S. alone."

#204 3 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Pink Floyd with laser show and a wall bash toy.

Floyd would be great for JJP because (well lights, they know how to do lights)... and now weed is legal in allot of places.

#206 3 years ago

007 n suicide squad coming out this year

#207 3 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Tons of adults count those books as their favorite... its far from just kids who are into that stuff

well that's both sad and disturbing.
    Still doesn't mean it will sell well in the pinball world, has to be a good theme and a good playing pin. Maybe ur right and Harry Potter theme alone will mean massive sales, then again I don't really care either way as I have zero interest in "boy wizardry"

#208 3 years ago

Whatever the theme, they need to focus on a good shooting game, starting with their flippers.

#209 3 years ago
    Quoted from PokerJake:

Whatever the theme, they need to focus on a good shooting game, starting with their flippers.

Hey, they work perfect at the factory!!

#210 3 years ago

Ok
    How about.....
    South Park, We know it was a great earner for operators back in the day.... it’s still on the air...

Really enjoying lost in space on netflix...... it would translate well into a pin....

Gravity.... the ball is space debris and you get to take out the satellites.... nothing but bash toys....

#211 3 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

a new Avatar game
    and a manga of my youth[quoted image]

Cobra is cool, but there are a LOT of other more popular manga that would be done before Cobra Legend.

#212 3 years ago

Nintendo World (Similar to Universal in Japan)
    Harry Potter
    Jaws
    Tony Hawk
    Serenity
    Rambo
    Matrix
    5th Element
    Saturday Night Fever
    Men in Black

#213 3 years ago

5th Element

#214 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Cobra is cool, but there are a LOT of other more popular manga that would be done before Cobra Legend.

there are many mangas effectively, don't know if there are more or less popular but this one is my favorite. i love the hero, the space thema, aliens. all .

#215 3 years ago
    Quoted from LordHumungus:

well that's both sad and disturbing.
    Still doesn't mean it will sell well in the pinball world, has to be a good theme and a good playing pin. Maybe ur right and Harry Potter theme alone will mean massive sales, then again I don't really care either way as I have zero interest in "boy wizardry"

Im with you man but its the best selling book of all time (well one of them is) so to think there is no market is wrong.

#216 3 years ago

I’ve only played a few jjp games. Wonka which was slow and boring. GNR was a little faster but WAY to many multi balls. Seemed like every other shot earned a multi ball mode. JJP should focus on a retro television series pin. The slow play of jjp tables would appeal to older folks as well as could be a great money maker for the guys routing their machines. Could put one in every nursing home.

A few good titles could be:
    Little house on the prairie
    The Waltons
    Days of our lives
    The golden girls
    Dawson’s creek

#217 3 years ago
    Quoted from Diamond:

I’ve only played a few jjp games. Wonka which was slow and boring. GNR was a little faster but WAY to many multi balls. Seemed like every other shot earned a multi ball mode. JJP should focus on a retro television series pin. The slow play of jjp tables would appeal to older folks as well as could be a great money maker for the guys routing their machines. Could put one in every nursing home.
    The Waltons
    Days of our lives
    The golden girls
    Dawson’s creek

Are u sure u played Wonka? Its far from slow ....

#218 3 years ago

Hahahaha - there is some truth here

Quoted from Diamond:

The Waltons
    Days of our lives
    The golden girls
    Dawson’s creek

#219 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Are u sure u played Wonka? Its far from slow ....

Ill translate for you...

I played one game on it at a bar or other place where it was flat on its legs and not setup right. terrible game. lol

people saying games suck after playing them once are a hoot.

#220 3 years ago

Ill translate for you...
    I played one game on it at a bar or other place where it was flat on its legs and not setup right. terrible game. lol
    people saying games suck after playing them once are a hoot.

well said ! I've owned all the games in the guys collection, and Wonka is just as fast if not faster than all those games....

#221 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

well said ! I've owned all the games in the guys collection, and Wonka is just as fast if not faster than all those games....

hell no... its a hard game and by far the best JJP IMO

#222 3 years ago

hell no... its a hard game and by far the best JJP IMO

By far is a stretch POTC and GNR look pretty nice.... I will say out of all my JJP games its by far the most immersive, but I haven't receive my GNR CE yet.

#223 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

By far is a stretch POTC and GNR look pretty nice.... I will say out of all my JJP games its by far the most immersive, but I haven't receive my GNR CE yet.

I mean as far as playability.

All JJP games look great but playwise? not so much.

I dont care about all the bling and lights etc etc

#224 3 years ago

Im with you man but its the best selling book of all time (well one of them is) so to think there is no market is wrong.

Well I never said "no market" it will do quite well I'm sure. Plus there are plenty of dad's around here who would buy it and be allowed to buy based on the theme cause their kids love it and then they get a new pin to play in the process, its not for me but its a smart license to try and grab, 100%. U really think HotWheels was made cause 40 and 50 somethings are still captivated by those little cars?

#225 3 years ago

I have 2 dream themes:

-Ghostbusters (already done, but wouldn't complain if they did another)

-Back to the future

#226 3 years ago
    Quoted from Diamond:

The Waltons
    Days of our lives
    The golden girls
    Dawson’s creek

Someone's bitter about the total rock failure of his beloved Stern god!

#227 3 years ago

Your right. Maybe that’s why Sharon and Ozzy Osborne went with Stern over Jjp to build the Black Sabbath pin later this year.

#228 3 years ago
    Quoted from Diamond:

Your right. Maybe that’s why Sharon and Ozzy Osborne went with Stern over Jjp to build the Black Sabbath pin later this year.

I've owned all the Stern music pins (LE's) except LZ.....they are fun games, but when u say Wonka is slow u lose all credibility. My guess is JJP had zero interest in BS, which is why Stern will build the game.

#229 3 years ago
    Quoted from Diamond:

Let’s hope they don’t Zep it up!!

#230 3 years ago

With Sharon involved, it's pretty much an Ozzy pin, with maybe some little pictures of Tony and Geezer somewhere on the playfield.

No Bill Ward since they treated him like shit in the band's final years.

If that's the case, please don't call it Black Sabbath.

#231 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Let’s hope they don’t Zep it up!!

You gotta own the record for most time and effort spent shitting on one game. congrats.

#232 3 years ago

You gotta own the record for most time and effort spent shitting on one game. congrats.

Back the fuck up Elvis,how many of these same fuckers on here said all this and more about Wonka.
    One of these same Stern fans actually said they hoped JJP didn't Wonka GnR!So yeah I'm a fan of JJP and I
    am happy that we won the latest pin war!We had to listen to a lot of shit about Wonka but now people are just starting to realize how good it is.I wish I wasn't bashing anything with Led Zeppelin's name on it but that sumbitch is ugly!!

#233 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Back the fuck up Elvis,how many of these same fuckers on here said all this and more about Wonka.
    One of these same Stern fans actually said they hoped JJP didn't Wonka GnR!So yeah I'm a fan of JJP and I
    am happy that we won the latest pin war!We had to listen to a lot of shit about Wonka but now people are just starting to realize how good it is.I wish I wasn't bashing anything with Led Zeppelin's name on it but that sumbitch is ugly!!

I know how you feel but it was over weeks ago... I admire your commitment.

#234 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Dude you own an Ocktoberfest now there’s a theme?

Dude you own Dialed In? Whats your point?
    I never said Wonka and Woz are horrible themes. I'm saying if they were never made and you went into a pinball convention they wouldn't be on anyones top 20 for a pinball game. Both AP and JJ don't really pick the best themes, thats for sure.

#235 3 years ago

Harry Potter and it isn’t even close. Horcruxes. Dementors. They could only be so lucky. They would sell 50,000 of them and seed an entire generation of pinball fans.

#236 3 years ago

A few I have not seen mentioned:

-GI Joe
    -The A Team
    -Fathom 2.0, with ramps and also would love to see the ball "dive" under the playfield down a clear tube.
    -Pokemon
    -Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Spinball
    -Mario Kart - would be a hit at any barcade
    -Phantasm
    -Knight Rider
    -Devil's Crush/Alien Crush/Demon's Tilt
    -HP Lovecraft/Chtulhu - plenty of source material there
    -The Warriors - beat up all the other gangs in each mode and make your way back to Coney Island

#237 3 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

I never said Wonka and Woz are horrible themes. I'm saying if they were never made and you went into a pinball convention they wouldn't be on anyones top 20 for a pinball game. Both AP and JJ don't really pick the best themes, thats for sure.

Wonka and woz are really really great pinball themes. If thoose werent allready built and someone would suggest them, most would react favorably.

#238 3 years ago

Van Halen
    The Warriors
    Christine (Stephen King)
    American Graffiti
    The Highlander
    Jaws

#239 3 years ago

He-man...snake mountain and castle grey skull on the play field. Z Yeti on the artwork

#240 3 years ago

Motörhead.

This could be an incredible pinball in black&white.

#241 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joca:

Motörhead.
    This could be an incredible pinball in black&white.

Install Motörhead Pinsound on a Centaur?

#242 3 years ago

Definitely Harry Potter it’s really what they can do with it. From the world under the glass. Personally not my fav. But man it could be crazy cool.

Peace out!✌️

#243 3 years ago

Speed Racer

#244 3 years ago

Voltron
    or
    G.I.Joe

#245 3 years ago
    Quoted from Diamond:

What, is that true?
    Oh man, and I'm glad its Stern. I don't want a Black Sabbath concert with old Ozzy creeping around the stage. JJP won't do Sabbath or Motorhead. GnR is different they aren't even close to being considered a heavy band. I really want to see something SciFi from JJP. Blade Runner would be great.

#246 3 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

He's on the JJP police force. Ur not allowed to voice any kind of negative view regarding that company. Especially with regards to WOZ because u know its makes them feel funny about the red slipper flippers and yellow brick road music.

074541f3828b453734e904f32321ea2d (resized).jpg074541f3828b453734e904f32321ea2d (resized).jpg
    #247 3 years ago
    Quoted from jdzwir123:

Voltron
    or
    G.I.Joe

Voltron rights are a mess. Forget about that one.

#248 3 years ago

-a reggae pin- bob marley or the “harder they come” movie.

-fear and loathing. I know It’s too “dangerous” for anyone to actually take on, but what a riot with the steadman illustrations and the movie assets.

Different drugs would help/hinder your play( taking ether could cause the flippers to have a delay and be half powered, but the flag shot is worth double, lsd causes the flippers to switch buttons and the RGB colors to be pulsing, but combos are multiplied etc)

“Buy the ticket, take the ride”

#249 3 years ago

Matrix

#250 3 years ago
    Quoted from alpha70:

Van Halen
    The Warriors
    Christine (Stephen King)
    American Graffiti
    The Highlander
    Jaws

American Graffiti! Now thats a first I hadn't thought of. What a great soundtrack.

There are 283 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-dream-theme/page/5?hl=mrm_4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.