Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 283 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by BuzzMoo
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

089099B4-875E-4DAC-84D0-86B424335750 (resized).jpeg
    5D33214B-3B33-4E62-BAAD-5C6AA5AB6744 (resized).jpeg
    85302369-3566-4F35-8B04-3F36B6797613 (resized).jpeg
    ADAA3E65-49B2-436E-9166-61EF6F44818F (resized).jpeg
    69F5FE0D-1D90-4C56-BD65-DD8FD4AC2EBF (resized).jpeg
    h mansion lp (resized).jpg
    074541f3828b453734e904f32321ea2d (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    1abfd913-65fe-42a7-bf63-151a67dbc343 (resized).jpg
    052120_bb_plague_feat_REV (resized).jpg
    Sneetches2 (resized).jpg
    EA9B32CD-8DE1-401F-8F09-1BDF596A82E9 (resized).jpeg
    spinaltap2_400x400 (resized).jpg
    26218390265_390c55ebd7_o (resized).png
    7036E269-7ADA-48DF-97B8-12BEAE2AD7DE.jpeg
    CD1E4C6A-1FC8-45AB-B00C-7EFB4DCEF62C (resized).jpeg
    There are 283 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 3 years ago

First Blade Runner
    Rush
    Total Recall
    Apocalypse Now

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Aw cmon man ,look at the great job they did with Led Zeppelin

LZ is just the latest time that I've been disappointed by Stern. There have been others, have no doubt there will be more.

#53 3 years ago
    02EF7C2A-FF7E-47FC-A995-93B6DD1C21B1.gif02EF7C2A-FF7E-47FC-A995-93B6DD1C21B1.gif
    #54 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Aw cmon man ,look at the great job they did with Led Zeppelin

Still better than GnR.

Blade Runner

But they will have to step up their gameplay, thus far its been disappointing.

#56 3 years ago

Not a fan of the movies but Harry Potter would be the perfect choice for JJP. No idea if the JK Rowling story of her not allowing a pinball game is true, but if one man could ever change her mind, it's Jack.

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

The K man mentioned on his podcast: Pee Wee's Big Adventure. That's a perfect JJP theme (although they do mention Tequila)

As crazy as it feels, I absolutely agree with Kaneda here. Pee Wee’s Big Adventure would be an AMAZING JJP theme if you got all the movie assets, especially the soundtrack.

#58 3 years ago

Friday the 13th, Halloween, or Freddy vs Jason (would hopefully be a full series mash-up rather than just that one movie that wasn't that great).

#59 3 years ago

Harry Potter or original Mario with some party and kart

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from P42Hogger:

Pat Lawlor revisits the Funhouse.

Second that, more realistic Rudy. Under 7000 dollars.

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Still better than GnR.
    Blade Runner
    But they will have to step up their gameplay, thus far its been disappointing.

Hashole your back!!

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Friday the 13th, Halloween, or Freddy vs Jason (would hopefully be a full series mash-up rather than just that one movie that wasn't that great).

Would be amazing with some horror on a big screen

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

As crazy as it feels, I absolutely agree with Kaneda here. Pee Wee’s Big Adventure would be an AMAZING JJP theme if you got all the movie assets, especially the soundtrack.

I second that, or third that I guess. But you'd have to get Wayne White to do the art,(he did all the sets for the show and developed all the characters) his 3-D stuff is amazing, went to one of his artshows a few years back, one of the coolest I've ever seen. Pieces were going for $20-100K, so who knows. The documentary on him "Beauty is embarrassing" is not to be missed.
    B

#64 3 years ago

It's Hard to Be a God

#65 3 years ago

South Park

Pink Floyd

LEGO

Grand Theft Auto

#66 3 years ago

I think they would hit Harry Potter out of the park. Perfect theme for them. But I also think Fanboi the pin (Stern bash edition) would sell some units too.

#67 3 years ago

Anchorman.

Actually, Stern could probably do that one fine - doesn't really feel like it needs a lot of toys.

Lego Movie it is.

#68 3 years ago

Suspiria

#69 3 years ago

Predator = instant buy for me...JJP w Eric could absolutely be off the charts w this one.

Please!!! Enough bands and superheroes...time for some legit, classic sci-fi horror...

#70 3 years ago

I would love to see JJP Harry Potter based off the books, not movies. It might hold up better over time and still sell amazingly well with less licensing issues.

Also Futurama, ET, Peter Pan, would be cool to see one day...

#71 3 years ago

Mad Max could have many things to incorporate.

#72 3 years ago

I used to think my answer was Wonka, but what JJP (Lawlor, really, as Eric would’ve done differently) did there was not at all impressive to me personally compared to what I felt was the potential of the theme - not to take away from the game’s fans, as I’m speaking solely of my own personal opinion here, and to each their own.

I think now my answer lines up with what some others here have said already: Matrix and/or Harry Potter.

#73 3 years ago

Back to the future, Goonies, Lost Boys.

#74 3 years ago

Jim Henderson's The Labyrinth or Dark Crystal
    Anything Studio Ghibli- Howls moving Castle

#75 3 years ago

Cowboy Bebop

#76 3 years ago

Def Leppard

#77 3 years ago

I have a crazy idea for a theme but if all media was available, a Hitchcock game is my dream theme.

#78 3 years ago

Back To The Future, Goonies, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Muppets, Disney's Haunted Mansion

#79 3 years ago

I recently watched Zach and Greg of SDTM say they would like to see a underwater reef like pin a la fathom 2.0 .I agree but not Nemo .Maybe a Great Barrier Reef pin but with a story. Or a Finding Atlantis pin .Time to get creative ,themes are running dry I don’t want to see pinball become Hollywood constantly re running past hits .Deeproot is laying it on the line to separate themselves if they’re successful with the likes of “food truck” what do you suppose the big dogs will do ?Id like to hear from the designers if they feel limited doing theme pins .Afterall my favorite pin came from a idea called Archer .Also wouldn’t it free up more $ to put in the game ?Seems in Pinball’s past there was a nice mix of themes n originals what happened ? Anyway if you want a theme I’ll go with “Troy” it has to be coming up on 20 years would be MM on steroids !

#80 3 years ago

I agree with everyone... Seems that JJP does exceptionally well telling stories and that should be the lane they stick to.

Real question is should JJP stick with franchise or popular movies? At the moment, much of their games revolve around Disney licenses.

Going that route I would want to see:

- Goonies
    - Toy Story / The incredibles
    - Aladdin
    - Star Wars... I personally own SW Premium from Stern and love it, but i'd suspect JJP would kill it if the opportunity is possible.
    - Monsters Inc.

Long story short: The longer or deeper the story is... The better JJP is suited to do the job.

#81 3 years ago

Back to the future (with original ip) packed with Huey Lewis soundtrack == my dream pin

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Disney's Haunted Mansion based on the ride.

Quoted from I_See_Pin_People:

Disney's Haunted Mansion

I would have said Elvira before EHOH became such an amazing game.

Now I'd say Haunted Mansion.

#83 3 years ago

I'm a movie guy, so I would freak out for things like the Godfather, planet of the apes, 2001: a space odyssey, goonies, or the fifth element.

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from I_See_Pin_People:

Back To The Future, Goonies, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Muppets, Disney's Haunted Mansion

Oh man Muppets would be another winner. Just so much you could do with it... great music, lots of memorable characters, an iconic style and it works with us middle agers and kids to boot.

#85 3 years ago

A wide body Jaws, with 5 or 6 flippers!

#86 3 years ago

Back to the Future

#87 3 years ago

Videodrome

#88 3 years ago

Tintin would be nice indeed.

Some other great themes to me would be:

The legend of Zelda
    Bladerunner (old or new)
    Harry Potter
    David Bowie (not sure if it would fit as a pinball theme, but hey, I'm a fan, so...)
    Back to the Future
    A Clint Eastwood game around all kind of different spaghetti Westerns (most are probably not well known enough) and a few 'big' movies like Unforgiven, and The Good the Bad and the Ugly.
    a James Bond game around different movies all with the same actor (different actors would be nice too, but even more unaffordable, and less cohesive)

#89 3 years ago

Die Hard or Masters of the Universe

#90 3 years ago

Dinner with Andre
    Remains of the Day
    Downton Abbey
    Angela's Ashes
    Hotel Rwanda
    Leaving Las Vegas

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Hashole your back!!

Yeah but just to interject a little hate into the thread and wait for ur response which I enjoyed. I'm glad u came up with something new. Hashole
    Now I have work to do. Romulick my balls is no longer sufficient. Give me a day or 2.

Here's another theme JJP would do justice.

MV5BZDJiZWY5ZjAtZjEwNi00NzliLWE3ZTAtZDdiMDgxMmY3Y2QwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk1MjAxNzQ@._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BZDJiZWY5ZjAtZjEwNi00NzliLWE3ZTAtZDdiMDgxMmY3Y2QwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk1MjAxNzQ@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    #92 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

A wide body Jaws, with 5 or 6 flippers!

It must have the phantom mini flip like Addams/Baywatch.

#93 3 years ago

Game of thrones
    Terminator ... this really could be awesome
    John Wick
    Battle star galactic (one of the best tv shows ever)
    Indy
    Halo
    Fast and the furious. Tokyo drift.....
    Beastie boys

#94 3 years ago

Beavis and Butthead

King of the Hill

#95 3 years ago

How about a Liam neeson pinball

#96 3 years ago

Short Circuit

25F1A516-11DE-44B4-BF3E-6FCC2A007654 (resized).jpeg25F1A516-11DE-44B4-BF3E-6FCC2A007654 (resized).jpeg
    #97 3 years ago

Stephen King's The Dark Tower could be incredible!

21a1f214095078b04808d5d (resized).jpg21a1f214095078b04808d5d (resized).jpg
    #98 3 years ago
    Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Stephen King's The Dark Tower could be incredible![quoted image]

Don’t know about a pinball machine but a movie trilogy like LOTR’s.
    As for Dark Tower pinball they should focus on the Wizards & Glass with his friends and Susan Delgrado.An overall western theme with like book artwork

#99 3 years ago

Ready Player One would be sick. Although it would be a licensing nightmare...

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from sven:

a James Bond game around different movies all with the same actor (different actors would be nice too, but even more unaffordable, and less cohesive)

I think a James bond pin where you are the new 007 would work nice. Different missions and not tie it in with any movie. It would also make it timeless.

There are 283 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-dream-theme/page/2?hl=krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.