(Topic ID: 171583)

JJP Dialed In - Standard Edition / Feature Matrix / Twitch Broadcast !

By PinballSTAR

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (resized).jpeg
th (resized).jpg
IMG_3563 (resized).JPG
IMG_2179 (resized).JPG
3a0aebe8758042ac6db3d908eedec06e (resized).jpg
TwitchDialedIn (resized).png
There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 7 years ago

Just got off a long call with Jack. Let me just say as I have been saying her on Pinside and to many of you in emails and phone calls - JJP / Jack cares, listens, and tries to bring the community what we ask for. He did share with me things that are going to be announced Saturday at 1 EST on the Buffalo Pinball Twitch feed from the JJP factory - enhancements, changes, clarifications, etc... to Dialed In. I was thrilled to hear of many things that will be announced to the public during the broadcast and I'm sure many of you will too... These guys were asking for feedback as early as last Friday from us and took this week to sort out the feedback and objectives going forward. You can't make everybody happy, but I think he is going to address a good number of questions and concerns. You'll also get the benefit of seeing the game played in a quiet environment played, explored, and explained. Our friends at Buffalo Pinball do a great job and thanks to them for doing this.

The game has sold great thusfar and the fact that everyone is so passionate about it (both good and bad) is exciting. It really seems people just want to play and own the game, so thank you for that. Obviously we all want as many people that want the game to be able to get one. Pat Lawlor is back, designed a wonderful original themed game with a storyline, involving new technology, inventive PF toys, great layout and shots, incredible animations on the LCD, and more... People at Expo who played it love it and the programming currently at only 20% so as it progresses it's only going to make the whole package that much better.

Go here Saturday at 1pm to enjoy the show : https://buffalopinball.com/

PinballSTAR Amusements is proud to be one of the larger JJP distributors. We are taking deposits on Dialed In - $ 250 refundable (no expiration date on that). No additional money til shipping. You can change your edition LE, CE, or others prior to production. You are not locked in financially or otherwise. Production planned to start in 2nd quarter 2017. I do know parts are already ordered. This will NOT be any sort of long drawn out pre-order situation - those days are gone. If you'd like to order a game we are taking the deposits via Paypal to [email protected] or you can contact me at [email protected] or call 570-357-0042.

We are also having a Dialed In Launch Party on Saturday November 5th from 11-3 at the Pinball Gallery in Malvern, PA... If you'd like to come email me at [email protected] to get on the guest list. Details here :
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstars-jjp3-pat-lawlor-launch-party-sat-115-malvern-pa

Thanks and enjoy....

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

TwitchDialedIn (resized).pngTwitchDialedIn (resized).png

#2 7 years ago

Thanks Joe.

Looking forward to hearing the announcement.

#3 7 years ago

$10 says there is a Quantum City LE version announced ...

rd

#4 7 years ago

So excited for the stream! Even before hearing there'd be news.

#5 7 years ago

You mean a quantum city standard edition?

Edit: really excited about the stream, it is in the calendar.

#6 7 years ago

Joe, you shine on this one!

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

We already have an LE and CE.. we need a standard model that's cheaper than 9K.

Joe: what benefits to people get by preordering? Even at just $250, it seems more prudent for me to sit on my cash til games are being produced, then just buy one from distributor stock. Are there any addons or exclusive offers for preorders?

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

And it will come at a price point of $6999.

#9 7 years ago

Pat suggested to me that I should "stay tuned for more additions to the game" - really looking forward to this!

#11 7 years ago

Price change, name change, standard model announcement, audio/sounds improved????

What else might the announcement include?

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

What else might the announcement include?

Changing the dude holding the cell phone to Julie Newmar?

#13 7 years ago

Can wait to see and hear more info on sat and play the pin November 5 as im allready in on this pin anyhow.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

They are going to change the name to Jacked Up! The kid will now be a middle aged hobbyist running around town doing odd jobs so he can afford the next pinball price increase.

#15 7 years ago

I find it hard to believe people are lining up to buy a $9000 game but its GREAT news to hear JJP is listening and willing to make some changes.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And it will come at a price point of $6999.

Why would they undercut themselves by $2000?

Joe already says they are selling at $9000. They ain't gonna sell an LE any cheaper than that.

You may see a standard version announced for $7999 or $8499 but I doubt you'll see any less than that. When have JJP sold a stripped out cheaper version of a game?

rd

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Why would they undercut themselves by $2000?
Joe already says they are selling at $9000.

Well, they are listening to pinside, and they are selling with them being called Dialed in...

Why change anything?

#18 7 years ago

Wallet on standby..

#19 7 years ago

Yup, make a 'Quantum City' standard edition with better art at 7k and I would be actually interested.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Yup, make a 'Quantum City' standard edition at 7k and I would be actually interested.

Your money is safe.

If they make a $7000 Standard Edition (which has the same playfield and features as a $9000 "LE") everyone who has ordered the $9000 game will cancel and downgrade to the $7000 game ... = $2000 profit loss for JJP.

Ain't gonna happen.

rd

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Your money is safe.
If they make a $7000 Standard Edition (which has the same playfield and features as a $9000 "LE") everyone who has ordered the $9000 game will cancel and downgrade to the $7000 game ... = $2000 profit loss for JJP.
Ain't gonna happen.
rd

No fancy rails, no mick on a stick, no invisiglass, no shaker, 7000.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Your money is safe.
Ain't gonna happen.
rd

I'm in at $7500. Standard Hobbit is $8000, and my gut says a wide body pin should be more than a standard dimension pin. Come-on $7500...!!!...

#23 7 years ago

I'm in at $6500.

#24 7 years ago

But it ain't gonna happen...

#25 7 years ago

Joe, thanks for the updates!

One question: If you put $250 down is that getting you a virtual spot in line? So if you waited another two or three months to put down $250 you would end up having to wait longer for your machine?

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

If you put $250 down is that getting you a virtual spot in line? So if you waited another two or three months to put down $250 you would end up having to wait longer for your machine?

My buddy paid in full for his Hobbit on day one of announcement. Another friend bought one on the spot without waiting before the first guy's even shipped. I hope that helps answer your question.

#27 7 years ago

If the announcement includes some kind of price drop or standard addition at a more reasonable price, I'm in!
Do it Jack

#28 7 years ago

I think it would be fun to go around pinside and make a list of people who said they would be in at X price. If the new price on Sat matches that X price, go back next year and see if they bought the game or not.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I think it would be fun to go around pinside and make a list of people who said they would be in at X price. If the new price on Sat matches that X price, go back next year and see if they bought the game or not.

Another interesting list would be of everyone in the past who said they are done buying NIB and then did it anyway.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Another interesting list would be of everyone in the past who said they are done buying NIB and then did it anyway.

That's a long list ....

Quoted from lordloss:

That would be a much shorter list. Talk is cheap ....

rd

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

No fancy rails, no mick on a stick, no invisiglass, no shaker, 7000.

Exactly, Id keep the stick guy - keep the gameplay the same but take off the vajazzle lights around the phone as well. Then the guys who still want the 'Limited' extras and exclusivity can buy the top end, and the rest can buy a standard.

#32 7 years ago

Everyone saying it sld be cheaper bc it not a widebody needs to remember they redesigned the whole cabinet and speaker system among other nice features.... so pretty sure the new features are more expensive than a little extra cab width and playfield width.

#33 7 years ago

Is it too late to complain about the artwork? Kind of weird to have stern outshining jjp this round.

#34 7 years ago

3 things I don't like just from seeing pics.

1. The stupid guy with the phone in his hand on the playfield and on the back box head.

2. Change the guy on the on the track. Make him cool looking instead of Bob the builder.

3. The girl on the back of the plafield looks very cartoonish. Make something else there that at least looks cool.

#35 7 years ago

Played this at expo. It's great. Can't wait to hear the news

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Is it too late to complain about the artwork?

Nope, never too late to complain about artwork, there are still people complaining about the artwork on Hardbody.

#37 7 years ago

Thanks, Joe. We're really looking forward to streaming this for everyone on Saturday. Direct link to watch is http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

The stupid guy with the phone in his hand on the playfield and on the back box head.

Is this better?

#39 7 years ago

Thanks Joe! Any word on when we might have an opportunity to play this game anywhere west coast-ish?

#40 7 years ago

Hope they remove the digital selfie camera and just go Polaroid instant as a topper.

#41 7 years ago

Awesome, looking forward to it already. My money is on name change, but no reduction in cost (maybe an add on or new feature at the same price)

#42 7 years ago

My guess

Standard- $8400
Name change
Reduction of phone guy in artwork
Resculpt of Bob builder
Resculpt of female robot

#43 7 years ago

Hardbody... smh
Seriously, figure standard edition with no invis and no shaker in the low to mid 8s

#44 7 years ago

if name changes, jjp can also change the artwork as Dialed in is printed in the playfield, and cabinet.

it would be strange to call it Sim City or Quantum city or whatever you want with Dialed In everywhere on the pin!

As a non english people, it doesn't matter to me

My hopes concern game code, the better as possible with a great sound and awesome video. Please i just don't want to hear phone ringing over and over. i have enough with my own phone.

#46 7 years ago

IIRC the phone rings only at certain points not all the time but regardless Ted can alter that in upcoming programming.

#47 7 years ago

I'm looking forward to the stream. The Buffalo Pinball guys are great and I liked playing Dialed in at the expo!

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

We already have an LE and CE.. we need a standard model that's cheaper than 9K.
Joe: what benefits to people get by preordering? Even at just $250, it seems more prudent for me to sit on my cash til games are being produced, then just buy one from distributor stock. Are there any addons or exclusive offers for preorders?

Early spot on line that's about it. Later on that becomes very desirable to everyone in line, trust me.

Jack did mention a premium for the pre-order folks a poster signed by I think it was John Youssi. Not sure of the drop dead date for that, so I don't want to comment anything further on that until Jack confirms. I know he mentioned it in the seminar.

What does happen is this (from prior games). We will make X sales now, that'll be 25-50 % maybe of the whole package. The majority of those that are serious early usually get in and stay in. As these (now) few months pass but it will go in bunches, a few will drop off (bought a car, got a divorce, saw a pinball butterfly, took up competition knitting instead), some will join in (played the game in person at a show, got a divorce, sold other games and has new money and space, got a tax return refund). We have more adds than deletions so the line grows. Add another 25% of the total buyers during this time. Then when both production starts and 1st game ships we get another big wave - another 25%. Then after all preorders are satisfied the remaining people buy in (new to hobby, has no interest at first but now played it and 'got it', at a show game in stock impulse sales). So until a game ships we typically have sold about 75 % of what we would have sold overall and those people are in line. Once games ship the nag to a distributor turns from money / payments to I WANT MY GAME NOW. Those who get in line early are satisfied quicker. Before it was 2500 / 4000 down and payments along the way. Now basically nothing at 250 refundable and nothing along the way. So JJP needs to be commended here for flipping the pre-order model to the street as Jack has been promising. Hope that helps people make decisions.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Joe, thanks for the updates!
One question: If you put $250 down is that getting you a virtual spot in line? So if you waited another two or three months to put down $250 you would end up having to wait longer for your machine?

Yes of course. See my above reply to Metallik.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My buddy paid in full for his Hobbit on day one of announcement. Another friend bought one on the spot without waiting before the first guy's even shipped. I hope that helps answer your question.

Totally possible and no way to control this as it depends WHERE you buy from. I bought 85 Hobbits (and took a lot of money out of my own pocket to do so) on Day 1. Why ? The more I buy the bigger my allotments are I'll get assigned each month and the sooner my customers get thier games. All my Hobbit preorders were filled in July (happy customers) and I have had games in stock to walk away with at both ReplayFX in Aug and York in Sept = more sales I otherwise wouldn't have made. Most other distributors are great folks too but if they buy 5, sell 5, rebuy 7, sell 7, etc... each time you rebuy you are at the end of the line again. Many customers are smart to this and I get asked a lot 'are you still selling from your day 1 allotment', which impresses me they know enough to ask that when they shop. I get a lot of extra sales because I tend to deliver early and that helps people to come back to me for next game having been satisfied on the last purchase. I pay out of my pocket to be able to offer that intangible benefit and sometimes it sucks to do so - the Hobbit wait was painful frankly. Fortunately that is old news for both me and you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Lighting - Led
Lermods

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-dialed-in-new-announcements-coming-twitch-broadcast-saturday?hl=sshughes75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.