(Topic ID: 171583)

JJP Dialed In - Standard Edition / Feature Matrix / Twitch Broadcast !

By PinballSTAR

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (resized).jpeg
th (resized).jpg
IMG_3563 (resized).JPG
IMG_2179 (resized).JPG
3a0aebe8758042ac6db3d908eedec06e (resized).jpg
TwitchDialedIn (resized).png
There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

No need for hope. Jack said yesterday that the name will be changed.

Quoted from kermit24:

Jack himself said they would rename it yesterday. Edit: echo!

Jack also specifically said that "Dialed In" would remain part of the name.

So perhaps something like "Dialed In: Quantum City" which would actually be worse than just Dialed In.

Personally I don't understand why there is so much dislike for the name Dialed In. I mean I still think the theme is lame, but the name itself is fine.

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Quantum city is as bad of a name as dialed in.
sales are through the roof so why change anything.

Does anyone really believe that sales are actually through the roof? Why would you change the name and introduce a new stripped down model if they were flying out the door as is? If initial sales were killing it they wouldn't change anything.

#153 7 years ago

As to that, Cheeks, there was always going to be a standard model. There was on WOZ and it sold pretty well. There was on Hobbit and so far virtually every order was for Smaug Gold or the LE and with Black Arrow coming, the ending totals when Hobbit is "archived" as Stern would call it, will be that the standard Hobbit is the real "limited edition" out of all variations. Jack told me at Expo, therefore, that they made flyers for and prepared to announce only the LE and CE with the idea being that of course there would be a standard edition but (if Hobbit was any indication) the majority of customers ESPECIALLY those jumping in first would not be interested in it. Now he announces the standard at 8 instead of 9K but that is truly not lowering the price.
As for orders, I can't speak for Joe from PinballStar or the other folks as they will speak for themselves but as it pertains to JJP itself there are hundreds of deposits at least so far one week in.

#154 7 years ago

Anybody have a link to a replay of the Twitch cast?

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Anybody have a link to a replay of the Twitch cast?

https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball/v/96507738

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

As for orders, I can't speak for Joe from PinballStar or the other folks as they will speak for themselves but as it pertains to JJP itself there are hundreds of deposits at least so far one week in.

$250 hardly qualifies as a solid commitment, just saying.

By the time this actually comes out Aerosmith and Star Wars will be announced and BM66 premiums will be shipping full force.

It should do ok but Quantum City is going to need some awesome reviews once it gets into homes to really drive sales. People can say what they want but a handful of games played at expo means very little. 200-300 games at least to get a good feel, plus the code is "20% done" per Keith.

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't think so. The economy will sink into recession in conjunction with a fed rate hike. Not the usd

And if by some miracle the liberals win and gain control of Potus and the Senate and the House (which won't happen), its watch out below.

Silly comment. Last time the Dems had the hat trick (controlled house, senate, potus) was '92-'94 with Clinton, and the economy was fine. The GOP took the house in '94, and we had the best economic expansion in decades. Even ran a surplus at the end of his presidency.

So now we have hillary likely to win potus and dems have a good chance of regaining senate while GOP keeps the house. We *should* repeat the success of the 90s, but that assumes the crybaby tea party house GOPers will not block everything sent to them...

#158 7 years ago

Yup I hear you, Iceman. You've been pretty vocal about it but what you say here I agree with; you know what I personally am anxious to see? What happens with BM66 as it pertains to the new display. What cool stuff will they do and how well will it integrate with the game play.

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Because the people who bought love the game for the game. That won't change with the name but others want a new name so that means more sales. Common sense.

If the decision makers at JJP had any common sense, they wouldn't have approved such a stupid name to begin with.

#160 7 years ago

I like the cheaper version. It's in line pricing with their other games and still includes options for upgrades that were taken away. They also adjusted the LE to be more limited when they added a standard edtion. Thanks for listening JJP.

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Silly comment. Last time the Dems had the hat trick (controlled house, senate, potus) was '92-'94 with Clinton, and the economy was fine. The GOP took the house in '94, and we had the best economic expansion in decades. Even ran a surplus at the end of his presidency.
So now we have hillary likely to win potus and dems have a good chance of regaining senate while GOP keeps the house. We *should* repeat the success of the 90s, but that assumes the crybaby tea party house GOPers will not block everything sent to them...

Take this crap to facebook. Pinside aint got time for that.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (resized).jpegaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (resized).jpeg

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Because the people who bought love the game for the game. That won't change with the name but others want a new name so that means more sales. Common sense.

Common sense?

So you are saying that a simple name change, with nothing more, will actually result in increased sales?

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

$250 hardly qualifies as a solid commitment, just saying.
By the time this actually comes out Aerosmith and Star Wars will be announced and BM66 premiums will be shipping full force.
It should do ok but Quantum City is going to need some awesome reviews once it gets into homes to really drive sales. People can say what they want but a handful of games played at expo means very little. 200-300 games at least to get a good feel, plus the code is "20% done" per Keith.

Agreed that 250 doesn't mean much and there may well be a lot of cancellations. I almost did it myself cause it is only 250. Stern just isn't doing it for me at the moment though so not much else is out there. Alien maybe if they can start producing in quantity.

Per Stern's latest email (our distributor forwards them) You may have some time to wait:

Dear Ladies & Gentlemen

We are having a great Stern Pinball 30th Anniversary Celebration.

Please see our Extravaganza Party festivities at the Stern Facebook link:
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/

We are continuing our 30th Celebration with our Batman ’66 Studio Edition game. We exhibited the Super Limited Edition, Limited Edition (Sold out )and Premium models at the Pinball Expo Show and during Expo’s tour of our factory. The attendees loved these pinball machines.

George Gomez, Lyman Sheats, and Joe Kaminkow’s Ka-Pow Studio have poured their hearts and all their combined years of design skill into our Anniversary Batman 66 pinball. Your customers will receive an amazing pinball experience.

You can read more about this game and its design team in the attached Press Release, which we originally published and distributed to you on September 15th.

We will begin to manufacture Batman 66 later in November.

You will not receive a new model cornerstone game, with Pro, Premium and LE versions, until after the first of the year

Attached are photos of the Batman 66, feature matrix, and September 15 press release.

Best regards,

Gary
Gary Stern
President
Stern Pinball, Inc.

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

People can say what they want but a handful of games played at expo means very little. 200-300 games at least to get a good feel, plus the code is "20% done" per Keith.

But that handful is still more than the zero games played by anyone on any version of BM66, whose code status is wholly unknown other than the 0.3v someone saw when the game was booted.

Just saying...

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

But that handful is still more than the zero games played by anyone on any version of BM66, whose code status is wholly unknown other than the 0.3v someone saw when the game was booted.
Just saying...

Code status isn't wholly unknown. It is known that Lyman is on it!

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Common sense?
So you are saying that a simple name change, with nothing more, will actually result in increased sales?

People do buy these games based on the name. The name should invoke feelings and expectations.
Just wait until Star Wars is announced. People will be flocking to reserve them.

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

People do buy these games based on the name. The name should invoke feelings and expectations.
Just wait until Star Wars is announced.

Star Wars is a licensed game. Dialed in isn't.

Maybe why manufacturers aren't in a hurry to make unlicensed games. What do you name them ?

LTG : )

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe why manufacturers aren't in a hurry to make unlicensed games. What do you name them ?

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4694

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Take this crap to facebook. Pinside aint got time for that.

Oh la la, sweet brown!

#170 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Just wait until Star Wars is announced. People will be flocking to reserve them.

No they don't. They buy it on theme and how it plays and how it looks. I doubt that a single extra sale of Dialed In will be made due to a stupid name change on an unlicensed title.

People will buy Star Wars because of the licensed theme. The name obviously comes with it.

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from dotEXE:

What I wouldn't expect to see Saturday is a game called Quantum City LE being sold at $6999...

Quoted from Borygard:

This is what would get my order.
Otherwise I'm sticking with Alien...

Agree. Also Spooky is up on my list.

Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Standard Edition $ 8,000 / $ 250 Deposit - Refundable

Moving in the right direction, but too high. I will hope to get one as a second or third owner. It looks like a great game. My favorite of the games released at expo by a good bit. I'm really excited about seeing it at Texas in the Spring.

#173 7 years ago

Wow. No wonder they made less than 600.

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

YouTube vid is live!
» YouTube video

Thanks for doing this! This is a much better viewing of Dialed In!. Looks like a cool game, can't wait to play one in person!

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

Wow. No wonder they made less than 600.

Actually they made around 2200.. don't forget its SS cousin http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1792

#176 7 years ago

Just watched a good chunk of the video. I mean it looks cool and typical Lawlor creativity.

But after watching it, i don't see myself being able to get into that theme.

#177 7 years ago

Now could one get the lit ramp and install it on the regular edition game?
I really want one!

#178 7 years ago

Have to say, the game looks really nice now. I was very disappointed by the reveal, but it seems obvious now with better exposure that this has a lot of cool features, the lighting looks fantastic, and it has what looks like some great gameplay innovations. I look forward to getting to play one.

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Star Wars is a licensed game. Dialed in isn't.
LTG : )

Hmmm..... lets see...... maybe one of these would instantly make people wanna play it?

- vulcano
- amazone
- deep sea
- rome
- invaders
- end of times
- traingame
- evil house
- etc etc etc etc etc etc.....

Just some generetic themes with generetic names. You know what the game will be about and will draw attention. I can think of hundreds of original themes that would have more attraction than what lawer and jjp could think of.

When we want an original theme it does not mean we want a made up crap theme.

There is not 1 single person in this world that is blown away with dialed in. Not 1!!! Ok, see some are interested and think it might be a fun theme, but even they are not blown away.

How could this theme ever get the good to go call i will never understand.

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

There is not 1 single person in this world that is blown away with dialed in. Not 1!!! Ok, see some are interested and think it might be a fun theme, but even they are not blown away.

I was!

Is a brilliant game, with a ton of effort into its creation.

Most complaints are from those who havent played it, or frustrated at cost.

Many in conversation today, who were at expo, are tired of sharing this joy,
with so many negative posts about, title, theme, art, phone....often from people who havent played.

Price complaints, but often the same/similar costs to Batman and others.
The complaints are more focused here.

Its a battle not worth posting about.

#181 7 years ago

Hmmm..... lets see...... maybe one of these would instantly make people wanna play it?
- vulcano
- amazone
- deep sea
- rome
- invaders
- end of times
- traingame
- evil house
- etc etc etc etc etc etc.....
Just some generetic themes with generetic names. You know what the game will be about and will draw attention. I can think of hundreds of original themes that would have more attraction than what lawer and jjp could think of.
When we want an original theme it does not mean we want a made up crap theme.
How could this theme ever get the good to go call i will never understand.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Nothing about this pin excites me, doesn't matter how good it plays, I want a theme that screams "play me"!

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Now could one get the lit ramp and install it on the regular edition game?
I really want one!

A solution of lower price than LE, with lit ramp - Buy an LE, sell the glass for $300, and you have a $8700 game with lit ramp and powder coat, manual, 3d etched etc. etc. The invisiglass is probably the biggest part of the $1k difference. The other $700 between Se and LE seems like you get a lot of nice stuff (manual, powder coat, etc.)

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

If the decision makers at JJP had any common sense, they wouldn't have approved such a stupid name to begin with.

Do people really buy or not buy, based on the name? That's the final deciding factor?? I can't believe the title will kill a decision. EVERYTHING is more important to me than the name. In fact, if this were in a lineup of 5 games on location, and I knew all the themes, but saw this one - I'd wonder, what's that about?

#184 7 years ago

It seems that the playfield would look pretty boring without the lighted ramp when the phone is not ringing. Some type of additional lighting would be required to brighten up that upper left corner.

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just watched a good chunk of the video. I mean it looks cool and typical Lawlor creativity.
But after watching it, i don't see myself being able to get into that theme.

Only 20% of the code done. How can you be sure that jjp won't achieve it to be in a total immersion, sound and video?
This is the only, even over gameplay, to get Into this theme, to understand it.

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I was!
Is a brilliant game, with a ton of effort into its creation.
Most complaints are from those who havent played it, or frustrated at cost.
Many in conversation today, who were at expo, are tired of sharing this joy,
with so many negative posts about, title, theme, art, phone....often from people who havent played.
Price complaints, but often the same/similar costs to Batman and others.
The complaints are more focused here.
Its a battle not worth posting about.

But this is not the issue, you think the game will be fantastic, as do i.

But..... were you blown away at the announcement?

I am pretty sure you were not. And this is what i meant. When you announce a pinball, people must be interested hearing the theme instantly. Cause that is gonne sell pins. Look at Stern. Why take such a mayor risc of losing your company by not picking a theme that you know of people are hyped for?

I dont understand that descision, i am sorry.

And what i would like to add is that some see people like me, flabbergasted about the theme, are jjp haters. But if i did not care about jjp, if i did not want that company to be a big succes, i would not even bother to make comments on it.

In my opninion, at the moment, there is only 1 valide pincompany that would get my money, and that is jjp. That is everything a nex gen pin should look and play in my eyes.

But the theme.... with the best open mind i have i just cannot understand this.

And people also seems to forget on pinside we have operaters, and people with alot of cash, so they buy alot of pins. But there are many like me, who want to buy 1 NIB in their life. We cannot afford it, people around us, non pinheads, will think ive lost my mind the moment i am gonne pay 10k euro on a toy. But i will.... someday....

But than everything on the pin must be a hit. The theme, the layout, the gameplay, the support... if not.. i will never ever buy even the pin turned out to be the most fun pin ever. If i am gonne buy a pin it must be the next holy grale of pinball to me.

So... this is a totaly different point of view compared to for example operators. If a pin is gonne earn, you gotta have it, no mather what. And i understand this.

I think alot of hate and animosity inbetween members on this site is cause of these different points of views. What do you want from a pin? People dont understand and respect each others point of view.

Ah well.... it is how it is, lets hope this pin is a gonne sell more than i am afraid for.

#187 7 years ago

There used to be a time when gameplay mattered and the theme was secondary. If this game is as fun as many from expo says it is, I will likely pick one up. Unlike Ghostbusters where I absolutely love the theme, but hated the gameplay.

#188 7 years ago
#189 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I can't believe the title will kill a decision.

Raven.

#190 7 years ago

that, and a crappy backglass

#191 7 years ago

But..... were you blown away at the announcement?
I am pretty sure you were not. And this is what i meant. When you announce a pinball, people must be interested hearing the theme instantly. Cause that is gonne sell pins. Look at Stern. Why take such a mayor risc of losing your company by not picking a theme that you know of people are hyped for?

Can we really say that Medieval Madness (arguably the most well-regarded original theme) was greeted with unmitigated enthusiasm at day one?

I don't think any original theme can achieve what a licensed theme can achieve on day one. We have been spoiled by the Gary Stern approach to theming, which virtually guarantees that you have an excited base of fans at launch, even before anyone plays a single ball. Ghostbusters is a great example of this - some people had already made up their minds to buy a Limited Edition before playing a single ball or seeing a gameplay video.

#192 7 years ago

To add to what I wrote above, I haven't heard widespread complaints about the gameplay, such as clunky shots or drain-monster. If the theme is the only problem, that's a pretty encouraging sign.

Medieval Madness and Tales of the Arabian Nights both sound like lame themes, until one plays them and appreciates the excellent integration between theme and gameplay. Put another way, good software (inclusive of sound and animation) can rescue an iffy theme. JJP has a great track record in this regard.

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Medieval Madness and Tales of the Arabian Nights both sound like lame themes,

Hmmm.... i think both sound awesome,

#194 7 years ago

Hmmm.... i think both sound awesome,

Second that. I can remember before I knew the game hearing the name of Midevil Madness and thinging that it sounded fun.

I think the name suggestion I like the best is Lifeline... but at this point DI it is.

1 week later
#195 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

There used to be a time when gameplay mattered and the theme was secondary. If this game is as fun as many from expo says it is, I will likely pick one up. Unlike Ghostbusters where I absolutely love the theme, but hated the gameplay.

I have now seen enough to change my mind on the game. I think it will be considered by many to be the most fun of the first 3 games. I still believe the price will make sales more difficult than the game "deserves "

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

There used to be a time when gameplay mattered and the theme was secondary.

When was that? I will say theme didn't matter to me very much when I was a kid in the arcades but for my home collection theme is the first thing on the list, theme affects the overall experience for me, I would rather play Robowar or Robocop than WOZ, TH or Dialed In which I haven't even tried yet, does that make me a idiot, you bet ur ass it does.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 22.50
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-dialed-in-new-announcements-coming-twitch-broadcast-saturday/page/4?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.