(Topic ID: 171583)

JJP Dialed In - Standard Edition / Feature Matrix / Twitch Broadcast !

By PinballSTAR

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (resized).jpeg
th (resized).jpg
IMG_3563 (resized).JPG
IMG_2179 (resized).JPG
3a0aebe8758042ac6db3d908eedec06e (resized).jpg
TwitchDialedIn (resized).png
There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

No fancy rails, no mick on a stick, no invisiglass, no shaker, 7000.

I think that wouldn't be such a bad idea. Ok, you'd miss something with having no moving target (but a stationary one instead, in front of the right-entrace of the left ramp?), but that way a lot of people would still want the 'full version' and there's a possibility to buy a cheaper one with the same rules, but with a little bit different gameplay, but still the same rules.

I don't think having different rules for different versions is a good idea, but I do think Stern has a way to sell both more expensive and normal priced ones, because there's more difference than just art and invisiglass. I doubt though that from a software-point of view it's wise to make 2 different versions with 2 different rulesets.
Something in between, an interactive toy less, but still the same rules of the full version, could be a nice way to go and satisfy both markets?

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

3 things I don't like just from seeing pics.
1. The stupid guy with the phone in his hand on the playfield and on the back box head.
2. Change the guy on the on the track. Make him cool looking instead of Bob the builder.
3. The girl on the back of the plafield looks very cartoonish. Make something else there that at least looks cool.

Agreed 1000%. What is it with Lawler and these cartoony characters? Or Youssie maybe? How about a sleek,daring, gorgeous WOMAN on the game? I mean, look at the buying demographic? It doesn't have to be anything threatening like vintage pinball art, but something strong and sexy and up to date. That would get my attention a lot more than Mr. McMomJeans and Flo from Progressive in the back right corner.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I think that wouldn't be such a bad idea. Ok, you'd miss something with having no moving target (but a stationary one instead, in front of the right-entrace of the left ramp?), but that way a lot of people would still want the 'full version' and there's a possibility to buy a cheaper one with the same rules, but with a little bit different gameplay, but still the same rules.
I don't think having different rules for different versions is a good idea, but I do think Stern has a way to sell both more expensive and normal priced ones, because there's more difference than just art and invisiglass. I doubt though that from a software-point of view it's wise to make 2 different versions with 2 different rulesets.
Something in between, an interactive toy less, but still the same rules of the full version, could be a nice way to go and satisfy both markets?

i disagree.

JJP is JJP and Stern is Stern.

#54 7 years ago

Man I hope that they don't water this pin down because of the complaints from a bunch of people on Pinside who haven't played it.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

My guess
Standard- $8400
Name change
Reduction of phone guy in artwork
Resculpt of Bob builder
Resculpt of female robot

I'll be really surprised if you get any art or sculpt changes -- my bet would be on just a standard version with no shaker, no invisiglass, and no powdercoat.

#56 7 years ago

For those that have played it, is the woman in the back supposed to be an attack of the 50ft woman type deal or ? What is the story line there?

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Flo from Progressive in the back right corner.

Lol.. entire game sorta looks like an insurance theme.

#57 7 years ago

I am on the fence between the collectors edition and le. What do you really get for the $ 3500 added cost? Hopefully we find out Saturday.

#58 7 years ago

my guess:

new Standard Edition $7999
minus:
- Shaker
- Powder Coat Armor
- invisiglass

ALSO: added RalCal decals to the LE for another reason to go LE!

#59 7 years ago

Joes does a fantastic job supporting this hobby and has put up with a lot of things from JJP in the past while expending a lot of $$$ out of his pocket to benefit everybody else.

I doubt its easy dragging pins all over the country to shows, etc., and you gotta love what you do to do it.

I can't wait to be able to give Joe a sale from me with a JJP pin! It's just not gonna be this one i don't think

#60 7 years ago

I know Jack cares and that he listens to his customers.

Maybe this was the plan all along. Like Stern with TWD, put the LE hype out there, pick up the low hanging fruit and then drop the unplanned for "premium" version.

Either way, i hope it succeeds so we can get to the next title with JJP.

However, the turn of events over the last few months with Stern and JJP is an effort to push these prices beyond sustainability, and its WAY beyond.

The result is to condition us to say "oh wow", what a bargain an $8k stripped down JJP would be now. At least its another option for people it would have to be in the low $7k range to hit the masses, or below $7k

If people keep pumping out $8k for every pinball release then color me shocked and congrats to Stern and JJP.

Looking forward to seeing what Saturday brings.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

my guess:
new Standard Edition $7999
minus:
- Shaker
- Powder Coat Armor
- invisiglass
ALSO: added RalCal decals to the LE for another reason to go LE!

Easiest to do and My guess too. ( I hope)

With a discounted street price after they are in full stock of $7500.
HUO after release, $6900.

With good Stern HUO Pros still getting 4k-5k, maybe not alot out of Pocket to sell one, and make up the
difference.

Acceptable, and possible to take Pinball by Storm, outselling many others.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Why would they undercut themselves by $2000?
Joe already says they are selling at $9000. They ain't gonna sell an LE any cheaper than that.
You may see a standard version announced for $7999 or $8499 but I doubt you'll see any less than that. When have JJP sold a stripped out cheaper version of a game?
rd

There selling but how many. You want to sell more cut some shit out that is not necessary to sell. I'm out at $9k but might be in at $7500. Hard to compete with Stern pros selling for $5k. I can almost buy 2 games for the price of one. I can also go buy an Alien for $6500. They need to make a standard model in my opinion that can compete with the market. My wallet is a lot happier not buying pins close to $10k.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I am on the fence between the collectors edition and le. What do you really get for the $ 3500 added cost? Hopefully we find out Saturday.

There will be more info released Saturday on this... AND a FEATURE MATRIX will be released Saturday (planned at least) that will show differences between all... I don't think you are going to see $ 3,500 worth of stuff on the CE - it's just what it's called a collector's edition with bling, signatures, and some gifts for owners. Hell, I'm not sure what else can be added to this game, let's face it - you got a lot there nobody else give - 27" LCD, custom animations, mechanical toys like no other, technology gimmicks with the camera selfies and cell phone interaction, rules you know you'll get, quality construction, headphone jack, etc... And also the CE will only be sold until 12/31/16 - then that's it. I do think we'll find out a lot more Saturday. Is a CE necessary, no. Still we have sold a few.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Joes does a fantastic job supporting this hobby and has put up with a lot of things from JJP in the past while expending a lot of $$$ out of his pocket to benefit everybody else.
I doubt its easy dragging pins all over the country to shows, etc., and you gotta love what you do to do it.
I can't wait to be able to give Joe a sale from me with a JJP pin! It's just not gonna be this one i don't think

Ice - I'm not supposed to say, but we have Hello Kitty, Welcome to the Furry Convention, and Rainbow Brite lined up as the next 3 titles. Which one or all can I put you down for ! : )

Thanks for the kind words - hopefully you get to play and enjoy Dialed In at a show even if you won't own one ! : )

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

27" LCD, custom animations, mechanical toys like no other, technology gimmicks with the camera selfies and cell phone interaction, rules you know you'll get, quality construction, headphone jack, etc.

Check, check on all that in Alien/Heighway sans the camera selfies.

I know I'll love playing DI because I'm a huge Lawlor fan.

Put me down for the CE Toy Story if Jack will put a number on them, as in low number I'll send you a $250 for that one now?

#66 7 years ago

Something people missed - Jack stated "they are listening". He didn't say "they are listening TO PINSIDE SPECIFICALLY". What I wouldn't expect to see Saturday is a game called Quantum City LE being sold at $6999 when you tune in. I'd expect to maybe see an announcement for Dialed In Standard edition with no powder coat, no shaker, no invisiglass, and maybe a couple of toys/features removed. Not sure what they'd cut but my first guess is cell-phone integration, and my second is no selfie-camera. Maybe no drones. Though all of that would mean some modes won't work on the Standard.

Regardless, don't let your imaginations get ahead of you.

#67 7 years ago

Just thinking out loud....

Why do we need a headphone jack on a 2017 released pin? Apple's newest doesn't have a jack. You know everyone else will follow. If JJP wants to be tech savvy, why not go straight to Bluetooth?

#68 7 years ago

Or go to a lightning adapter.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Man I hope that they don't water this pin down because of the complaints from a bunch of people on Pinside who haven't played it.

If it's been selling better than the other JJP's they won't do that, period.

If anything a standard model at a lower price with less features. If you like the LE pin that much they will sell you one for $9K I'm sure.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Why do we need a headphone jack on a 2017 released pin? Apple's newest doesn't have a jack. You know everyone else will follow. If JJP wants to be tech savvy, why not go straight to Bluetooth?

It still pisses me off that Apple removed the headphone jack, but that's another discussion.

They could integrate bluetooth audio as they already have bluetooth connectivity to the phone for the app.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Totally possible and no way to control this as it depends WHERE you buy from

So, would it be better to pre-order from you than going straight to the source?

#73 7 years ago

Listening to customers will ensure that JJP will be one of the último hombres de pie

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

It still pisses me off that Apple removed the headphone jack, but that's another discussion.
They could integrate bluetooth audio as they already have bluetooth connectivity to the phone for the app.

At least they are including the adapter. And the adapter would just stay connected to my earpods so for me it's not an issue like I originally thought.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

I have to disagree with this ,not puting a headphone jack in was a big F-U to apple Iphone customers . I drive a 2012 car ,so not that old , without a headphone jack I could not listen music from my phone in my car .

#76 7 years ago

Sorry and my point was that just because apple does something stupid doesn't mean everyone should follow .

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I have to disagree with this ,not puting a headphone jack in was a big F-U to apple Iphone customers . I drive a 2012 car ,so not that old , without a headphone jack I could not listen music from my phone in my car .

I can't imagine that sounding good. Noise and distortion as you turn it up. If it's your only option I can't blame you, but the majority of users out there are using Bluetooth or line level output.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

At least they are including the adapter. And the adapter would just stay connected to my earpods so for me it's not an issue like I originally thought.

Unfortunately, it's yet another adapter that you have to carry around with you, and you will not be able to charge and listed to music at the same time. Not the end of the world, just annoying. Don't fix what isn't broken.

#79 7 years ago

I guess apple is not "dialed in" yet.

#80 7 years ago

Put me down for a CLE Willy Wonka!

No brainer

#81 7 years ago

I'd buy a CE Willy Wonka or a Harry Potter, heck I'd even pre-order HP before seeing the playfield. But we're not here to talk about dream themes ;D

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The result is to condition us to say "oh wow", what a bargain an $8k stripped down JJP would be now. At least its another option for people it would have to be in the low $7k range to hit the masses, or below $7k

I realize that was the "intended" result of this. They were trying to fish out what the top price of pinball machines could be. However, they simply went too far and turned off a section of their customer base. Both Stern and JJP could then come back in with this mythical lowering of prices, and it won't make a damn bit of difference to me now. Welcome to the self fulfilling prophecy.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

And also the CE will only be sold until 12/31/16 - then that's it. I do think we'll find out a lot more Saturday. Is a CE necessary, no. Still we have sold a few.

Whatever. CE's til 12/31/16. Then Dialed in electric blue edition later on...with new toys and shit you don't have on a game you've already paid a premium for. I mean, c'mon. I'm a big fan and have purchased both JJP titles, but making later editions after people commit to buying really sucks.

#84 7 years ago

Oh, and I don't just want to see a standard announcement. Here's what I want to hear:

"JJP will be selling LEs for $8000 til 12/31/16 for any first time customers and $7500 for all of those people who have preordered a game from us before. Thank you for your loyalty and the patience you've shown through our growing pains."

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Oh, and I don't just want to see a standard announcement. Here's what I want to hear:
"JJP will be selling LEs for $8000 til 12/31/16 for any first time customers and $7500 for all of those people who have preordered a game from us before. Thank you for your loyalty and the patience you've shown through our growing pains."

Times 100,000 ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Where is the "loyalty program"

Absolutely a total F job on people that supported JJP with Woz and TH to turn around and say "thanks a lot guys, now bend over"

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"thanks a lot guys, now bend over"

3a0aebe8758042ac6db3d908eedec06e (resized).jpg3a0aebe8758042ac6db3d908eedec06e (resized).jpg

#87 7 years ago

lol

#88 7 years ago

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

I can't imagine that sounding good. Noise and distortion as you turn it up. If it's your only option I can't blame you, but the majority of users out there are using Bluetooth or line level output.

It sounds alright , the cars sound system is not great so it's not like the connection would make much difference . There is plenty of cars out there that this is the only option for connecting a phone to the radio . Why remove something that many people still have a need/use for ? Were there problems with headphone jacks on Iphones? I have an Ipod and never had one issue with the headphone jack on that . Really just currious about the thought process behind removing it .

#90 7 years ago

They can take out the shaker, invisiglass, powder coat rails, selfie pics headphone jack and bluetooth also to give me a full featured playfield on a $7500 game. They can call it a premium.

The "Mick on a stick" is an integral part of the game, coding and playfield art. Doubtful that could be changed without JJP putting out more money to do it.

#91 7 years ago

Maybe they are going to announce if the playfields have been fixed and won't be ghosting or chipping for the next game, since prices were raised substantially

My bad, wrong manufacturer

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from dotEXE:

... What I wouldn't expect to see Saturday is a game called Quantum City...being sold at $6999

This is what would get my order.

Otherwise I'm sticking with Alien, Thunderbirds, and Lexy Lightspeed.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://www.LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#93 7 years ago

Update Joe? Can't watch

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Update Joe? Can't watch

There will be a standard edition. I think they said 8k, but I couldn't hear that part very clearly.

They are playing it now.

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Unfortunately, it's yet another adapter that you have to carry around with you, and you will not be able to charge and listed to music at the same time. Not the end of the world, just annoying. Don't fix what isn't broken.

There are adapters to charge and play at the same time, but I do agree with you that it's a pain in the neck. With technology these days we shouldn't have to have adapters yet. I think they did it to try and push their new Bluetooth EarPods.

Quoted from trilogybeer:

It sounds alright , the cars sound system is not great so it's not like the connection would make much difference . There is plenty of cars out there that this is the only option for connecting a phone to the radio . Why remove something that many people still have a need/use for ? Were there problems with headphone jacks on Iphones? I have an Ipod and never had one issue with the headphone jack on that . Really just currious about the thought process behind removing it .

My car is an 11 and it has usb, rca jacks and Bluetooth. I guess I got used to it thinking its normal these days. In reality it's an audio package that costed extra. It had nothing to do with my purchase decision, but I paid for it I'm sure. I don't know what the standard options would have been. My ex had a Bluetooth setup on her Prius that seemed to be aftermarket, but it was installed at the factory or dealership. It was an absolute joke. If i remember correctly the audio came out of one speaker, the same speaker used for voice during phone calls. Music just sounded horrible.

Apple's reason is the 3.5mm jack is 85 years old and is ancient compared to the other technology on board. That jack only has one use and they are fighting for real estate when designing these phones. They couldn't justify the space it required. They also believe that wireless is the future for headphones.

Back on topic, I watched one minute of the Buffalo stream. The sound effects in that machine annoy me. Hopefully they change quite a few of them.

#97 7 years ago

I was hoping for more like MSRP of 7250 standard 8k LE and 8750 CE...these are where I think the prices would be fair. Guess used is the best option

#98 7 years ago

Standard Edition $ 8,000 / $ 250 Deposit - Refundable
Limited Edition $ 9,000 / $ 250 Deposit - Refundable - 2,500 made
Collector's Edition $ 12,500 / $ 1,000 Deposit - Refundable - only sold until 12/31/16

Watch the replay of the video on Buffalo Pinball's Twitch page : https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

SE comes with Stainless Steel Trim and does include the Shaker Motor

LE and CE has Powder Coated Colored Trim, Invisiglass, Shaker Motor, Printed Manual.

CE has Rad Cal decals, collector's plaque with signatures signed by Jack Guarnieri, Pat Lawlor, and John Youssi. Signed Comic book. Mirrored back panel. Special backglass.. and MORE to be added !

Email Joe at [email protected]

#100 7 years ago

Im a PITA...$7995 and $8995 MSRP.

Not bad, at least one knows the most they should pay!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 22.50
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-dialed-in-new-announcements-coming-twitch-broadcast-saturday/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.