AE6455CD-9810-49BB-819A-44E08270AC98 (resized).jpeg
4C9DC76A-00B4-42C1-8101-B3729F0CB728 (resized).png
20170831_000922 (resized).jpg
20170830_211506 (resized).jpg
CE (resized).PNG
members-only-jackets (resized).jpg
3CE0475C-36AB-4964-9EBC-185AFE057FC5 (resized).jpeg
9E380882-3FD8-42B2-BEF3-910F83566017 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonic67.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#541 7 years ago

First, I like all pinball and have been playing off and on for about 40 years. In the last few years I’ve gotten more involved in the hobby. I purchased a great Twilight Zone which is one of my favorites and the only machine I own so far. It’s a great hobby and I like to play all kinds of different machines with both licensed and original themes. I've been reading all of the threads and posts concerning Dialed In and the other new games being released for quite some time now. I am in on the Dialed In CE and I'm excited about it at this point. I was in early and nothing I've read or observed anywhere has made me regret that decision at this point.

The theme is fine with me as I'm more interested in a fun game, original or otherwise, built great, and with lots going on versus a licensed game with poor or incomplete code and poor build quality. For many, especially the younger crowd, many of these themes based on older shows and bands may as well be original themes. They don’t know the difference in many cases anyway. I’m a huge Lawlor fan based on playing his games over the years and more importantly, I trust that he and his team will produce a great game.

Stern, the big boy in this market, is pumping out games left and right and I have played most of them. Metallica and ST were fun but the others (TRON, TWD, GOT, WWE, KISS, GB, MUSTANG), did not really impress me. It almost felt like I was playing the same games with different artwork. In fairness, once I learn the games a bit more and understand the rules better, I will probably like them better in some cases. In fact, I discovered I prefer STTNG to the new one. I was a crazy Kiss fan as a kid but for me, the theme and the songs are completely worn out. BM66 was funny to see (haven’t played it) as it brought back memories for me from my young days of sitting in front of the old TV watching that show. Unfortunately, the build quality with Stern is an obvious issue based on some of what I have seen and the numerous reports. I have quite a bit of experience in the electronics manufacturing industry and some of what I have seen in person and read on here regarding their games is just tough to grasp. I hope they get that worked out but honestly, they should clearly know better. They are the elders in this business after all. To be fair, I have not been to their factory, but it’s hard to see how some of those issues get out the door. Also, I have not seen any numbers to show just how bad these issues really are. That doesn’t diminish the significance to the folks with them though. Quality assurance is not rocket science here folks. At this point, I would not feel confident about buying a NIB from them. In my opinion, they should slow down, produce fewer games, and focus on build quality and code.

I liked DP’s TBL but the games I had a chance to play were not working properly so again, it appeared quality may be an issue with DP as well. DP, HW, and Spooky are all new, so in my opinion, they get a pass to some degree as long as they make a sincere effort to provide resolution to their customers and improve their processes. Alien looks great and I’m looking forward to playing it. I do hope they are all successful as it’s great to have a variety of manufacturers in the market.

As for JJP, I own none of their games but have played WOZ and Hobbit numerous times. They are two completely different games and the pins I played were great. Solidly built and fun to play. I was shocked to only obtain a score of couple thousand points on WOZ the first few times and thought it was bad but it was just me. I have not played Dialed in or seen it in person. However, a couple things stand out about JJP and Dialed In. They had games ready to play at the reveal that got played to death and did not break down from the reports I read. Pat and team designed this game over a long period of time from the ground up taking many things such as maintenance into consideration. As many have stated, as it’s an original theme, everything is designed from scratch essentially. That’s another factor in cost. Additionally, the game at level 257 is reportedly being checked and updated by Lawler himself. They are letting it get beat to hell by everyone under the sun to see where it fails. All that before production. That’s no surprise to me with regard to Pat. That is why I chose as my second pin ever and only NIB ever – Dialed In.

In regard to the CE and the list of features, I agree with others that the game needs to have some things that the lower level games do not and can never have. After all, this is a “Collector’s Edition”. A Custom topper, custom code with special enhancements, playfield extras, of course numbered X/X would all be cool and some of that is included as of now. I like the signed stuff and that’s cool for me as well. The lunch is really not a benefit as most will not be able to do that but it’s nice for the locals and others who can make that trip. I would like to hang out with the team for a while and learn something about the game and industry from the guys in it. Another great benefit would have been white glove shipping at no charge for CE buyers only.

In closing, I rarely post but decided to go ahead in this thread about the CE. I appreciate all the great info and opinions shared on Pinside and really enjoy it. I hope everyone enjoys their games, receives a resolution to their issues, and the quality they deserve with any of their purchases.

For me, I’m going all in on Dialed in and hope it’s everything I think it will be.

1 month later
#562 7 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I guess I will post it when i hear more...its like all the air is out and have not heard any more in regards to the options on the CE.....they were to annouced the final details by now....maybe that is coming...Hope so before they start making them...we will see

Hey RichieWrench, I am watching as well and will post if any updates occur. I'm sure there are quite a few of us watching and waiting. I have not seen or heard any recent updates but do know they recently swapped out the DI at Level257 (see the other thread). I'm sure they are getting some issues things worked out and working on code.

Its hard to wait but I'm sure the game will be great when they are ready to start production.

#597 7 years ago

Rad-Cals were not initially included and were indeed a $400.00 option for those of us in early on the CE.

They have since changed the matrix and included them on the CE at no charge which is great.

Thanks JJP!

#604 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No charge? LOL...you're definitely paying for them.

I'm paying $400 less than I was and RichieWrench's blood pressure is back to normal.

5 months later
#787 6 years ago

My understanding is that they plan to start shipping the week of Sept 18th.

2 weeks later
#956 6 years ago

Love seeing all the excitement for this game. I get my CE tomorrow. Cant wait!

2 months later
#1072 6 years ago

Hey all DICE owners,

Has anyone received a status on the DICE jackets or the lunch with the design team?

2 months later
#1106 6 years ago

Anyone heard about the lunch? Cmon Richie, when is the steak and lobster?

2 months later
#1128 6 years ago

HAS ANYONE HEARD ABOUT THE DINNER???

No word on the dinner yet. Starting to wonder whether it's going to happen or not.

Maybe they can just send us each a $100.00 visa gift card and we can get our own. Just kidding...

I was really looking forward to meeting Pat and the DI design team. Hope it happens at some point.

3 months later
#1142 5 years ago

I dont know about you guys but I'm getting the impression JJP is not going to deliver on the Lunch with the design team.

#1145 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I believe the intent was for the buyer to arrange with Jack, when Jack would be in Chicago so he and Pat could meet you somewhere.
LTG : )

LTG,

I dont think that was the intent and it was not communicated that way. All the CE buyers would meet together for a lunch with the design team. JJP just never followed through.

#1167 5 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

I dont know about you guys but I'm getting the impression JJP is not going to deliver on the Lunch with the design team.

See, I knew posting this would get the ball rolling again.

Thanks Richie!

4 weeks later
#1200 5 years ago

HEY!!!!!!
Did yah hear we finally got a dinner coming for use crazy few ....So dust off your jackets and let's get ready to eat and meet with those that made a great game.
I hear that if we push hard enough that we might get those powder coated doors by game #6.

When and where Richie?

#1201 5 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

When and where Richie?

Nevermind, Just got the e-mail from Jen...

3 months later
#1237 5 years ago

Ok, question for DICE owners or anyone else with the playfield protector.

Have you removed it or considering removing it due to impacted game play?

On mine, ball gets stuck in two different spots and the phone shot with that and the hole protector is pretty rough.

I think the game would play better without it.

I've considered a couple options to try to correct without pulling it but thought I would consult the group.

1 month later
#1247 5 years ago

Per JJP, production of DICE was limited to the number of customer orders received by midnight December 31, 2016.

Does anyone know how many DICE were manufactured?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonic67.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-dialed-in-collectors-edition?tu=tonic67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.